PDA

View Full Version : Players Ratings versus Diet Huns

Davy Mac
26-10-2014, 07:48 PM
Oxley - 6 Good safe hands when needed i.e. corners but shouldn't have be beaten from that range IMO

Gray - 8 Tremendous again, would like to see an extension to his contract asap
Fontaine - 7 Like him, solid and comfortable but said a few weeks ago he wanders and started to do this during the second half
Hanlon - 7 Never really troubled but one misjudgement nearly cost us big time
Stevenson - 8 Excellent from the wee man, really pushed on this season and deserves his praise

McGeouch - 9 Top drawer, contract on the table please, sneaked MOTM just ahead of Allan
Allan - 8 Tricky, well balanced, confident and great vision, final ball perhaps needs to improve but brilliant to watch
Robertson - 7 Solid and pressed well, looking like the player we thought we signed when we did
Handling - 5 A bit quiet for me, also pressed well but needs to be more consistent

Malonga - 6 A bit in and out for me and we need to take our chances, clever player but still undecided about him
Cummings - 5 Found the going tough today, and maybe trying too hard

Substitutes - didn't offer much and didn't contribute much

Harris - 2
Stanton - 2
Kennedy - 2

Fans - 8 Great again considering our shxty record in recent times
Ref - 7 Thought he was ok to be fair
Stubbs - 7 Gambled with the subs and didn't come off

hibee_girl
26-10-2014, 07:58 PM
Oxley 6 - Came out and caught the ball well when needed, his time wasting was annoying though

Gray 9 - Just outstanding
Hanlon 8 - he made one mistake that could/should have resulted in a goal but apart from that he was solid, he looked well up for it as well!
Fontaine 8 - Solid
Stevenson 8 - Same as usual from Stevenson, solid defending, didn't panic when others were. Did wonder if he'd annoyed his teammates though as no one seemed to want to pass to him when he was in space in 1st half!

McGeough 9 - Brilliant, what a difference it makes to have a midfielder who will run at players and take them on. Always looking to drive us forward
Robertson 8 - Did really well today, his defending was brilliant at times
Handling 6 - he harrassed the Hearts players well, looked strong against them.
Allen 8 - best we've seen from him yet

Cummings 6 - Like Handling he got in about the Hearts players well, he played some great balls to set up others today too
Malonga 6 - he scored but he's a lazy so and so at times, he saunters around like he just doesn't care.

Pretty Boy
26-10-2014, 08:01 PM
Oxley 7

Gray 8
Hanlon 7
Fontaine 7
Stevenson 7

Robertson 7
McGeough 9
Allan 8
Handling 6.5

Cummings 5
Malonga 6.5

Bronson
26-10-2014, 08:05 PM
Oxley - 7, good save in the first half with 1v1

Gray - 9, Mr dependable. Captain, leader, tremendous every week, would love to see him tied down for longer
Fontaine - 7, Decent game, threat at set pieces, dealt with what little attacking threat their strikers possessed
Hanlon - 6, Pass marks but sloppy mistake could have cost us
Stevenson - 6, Reliable, always a willing runner but really needs to sort out his final ball.

Mcgeouch - 9, Superb again, seems to be MOTM nearly every week. Cracking wee player and would be top of my shopping list if I was manager since his contract with Celtic is up in the summer
Allan - 9, Ran the show along with Mcgeouch, what a player
Robertson - 6, Decent enough game, some good tracking back but makes everything look difficult at times
Handling - 5, Quiet game, not terrible but not great

Cummings - 4, Had a bit of a mare truth be told, ran his socks off but not his day
Malonga - 6, He has the attributes but he's a bit lazy, could have had a couple today

B.H.F.C
26-10-2014, 08:07 PM
Won't go through them man for man.

Back four were fine.

McGeough and Allan are our best two players IMO. Allan is getting better each week and I think he'll continue to do so. Robertson in between those two lets them play, he's looked better of late.

Didn't think we got enough from Handling, Cummings and Malonga. To be fair the big man scored and seems to have a habit of being in the right place at the right time. Good goals to games ratio. Didn't think the other two affected the game enough and both missed good chances first half. Weren't seen in an attacking sense second half. We should have had that Hearts defence under more pressure.

Tricla
26-10-2014, 08:11 PM
McGeouch was MOTM by a mile. His first touch always allows him to lose his marker then he suits himself. Makes the game look as easy as it should be.

Elephant Stone
26-10-2014, 08:12 PM
Oxley 7. Their goal would have most goalies beaten. Came out of nowhere.

Gray 8
Fontaine 7
Hanlon 7
Stevenson 7

Robertson 7.5 Best I've seen him play. So dominant.
Allan 7. Decent going forward but casual tracking back at times.
McGeough 9. MOTM again. Would love to see him signed.
Handling 7

Malonga 6 Scored, so can't be too critical, but his work rate is really poor and the other players seem all too aware.
Cummings 6. He'll have better days. Disappointing to see him have a wee sulk to himself instead of chasing the ball in second half.

Overall pretty pleasing stuff, nice to see Hibs more up for it than them for the first time in a while. Plenty of positives to take from that.

Ricky Bobby
26-10-2014, 08:17 PM
Oxley - 7 A couple of good saves and good handling from corners, not a chance with the goal
Gray - 8 Great captains performance
Fontaine - 8 Had Sow in his back pocket, rarely troubled.
Hanlon - 7 Also rarely troubled, one slip in the first half allowed Sow in on goal.
Stevenson - 8 Another consistent performance from Lewis, it would be a 10 if he could improve his final ball

McGeouch - 9 Great MOM performance, another consistent performer. Make an offer for him at the earliest opportunity please.
Allan - 8 Very positive performance, looks better every week
Robertson - 8 His best game for long time, played his part in an impressive midfield display.
Handling - 7 Great work rate in the first half, tired a little in the 2nd

Malonga - 7 Good finish for the goal but should have converted at least one more, also needs to work harder without the ball
Cummings - 6 Also needs to work harder without the ball, let his head drop when things were not going his way.

Harris - 4 Struggled to get involved as the midfield was being missed out in the final stages
Stanton - 4 As per Harris
Kennedy - 4 Not enough time to make an impact

LancashireHibby
26-10-2014, 08:19 PM
Fontaine needs to work much harder on his reading of the game, especially when dealing with balls in the air. Lost count of the amount of times that he misjudged the flight of the ball and so had to try and stretch backwards to get a touch on it. I'd love to blame it on the wind but it was a tendency I noticed when I saw him on trial with Bolton in the summer.

Oxley looked a very calming presence and certainly couldn't do anything about the goal, and I was impressed with how well Gray and Stevenson kept things quiet out wide, while Hanlon made some decent blocks and challenges.

McGeouch and Robertson were both excellent, it made such a pleasant change to see a Hibs midfield partnership dictate the game, while Allan was a great outlet at times, though I'd have liked him to get outside the full back a little more often instead of cutting inside.

Sammy7nil
26-10-2014, 08:24 PM
Oxley 8 Even Goram was beaten by shot from tha distance .

Gray nearly MOTM8
Fontaine 7 One mistake
Hanlon 7 One mistake
Stevenson 7 Usaula solid performance

Robertson 7 Did well
Allan 7. Looking better each week
Handling 6 Deseves his place needs to get on the ball more

Malonga 6 needs to work harder
Cummings 5. Plenty effort noyjing else the jurys out

Davy Mac
26-10-2014, 08:26 PM
Oxley 8 Even Goram was beaten by shot from tha distance .

Gray nearly MOTM8
Fontaine 7 One mistake
Hanlon 7 One mistake
Stevenson 7 Usaula solid performance

Robertson 7 Did well
Allan 7. Looking better each week
Handling 6 Deseves his place needs to get on the ball more

Malonga 6 needs to work harder
Cummings 5. Plenty effort noyjing else the jurys out

Re: Goram - Are you referring to that strike against Liege all these years ago that similarly broke our hearts then?

Similar strike to be fair..........

SMAXXA
26-10-2014, 08:30 PM
Why are we so reluctant to give nines or tens

for me gray, Dylan, Allan, Robertson, Stevenson were the pick of the bunch. No real failures for me however Cummings and handling would be closest to that side of things if I was pushed to name anyone. Well done hibs by far the better team unfortunately a strike like that is hard to do much about.

S4uzee
26-10-2014, 08:33 PM
What a difference it is to win the midfield for a change. McGeouch was outstanding in there

erin go bragh
26-10-2014, 08:34 PM
Re: Goram - Are you referring to that strike against Liege all these years ago that similarly broke our hearts then?

Similar strike to be fair..........

The strike that beat Goram was much further out than that one today .

Ggtth

Tyler Durden
26-10-2014, 08:52 PM
I thought Robertson was poor again, doesn't get close enough to his opponent IMO.

Handling again faded after a decent first half. Might seem harsh but if he wants to become a regular he needs to have an impact on these games.

Thought the strikers were average and the rest were excellent particularly Allan and McGeough. If Stubbs can find another 1 or 2 like those inn January then we will get better and better.

Davy Mac
26-10-2014, 08:54 PM
The strike that beat Goram was much further out than that one today .

Ggtth

Aye it was some trip and subsequent strike.

Justice will be served to these mutants in the very near future.

erskine-hibby
26-10-2014, 08:57 PM
Personally I thought Cummings was poor today, almost like a man down. I wonder if the fact he's a jambo may have been playing on his mind, not deliberately, but at the back?

marinello59
26-10-2014, 09:00 PM
Personally I thought Cummings was poor today, almost like a man down. I wonder if the fact he's a jambo may have been playing on his mind, not deliberately, but at the back?

I doubt it.
I thought he was trying too hard. Much more experienced players than him have got too caught up in the Derby atmosphere, we can forgive him that. Anyway, he's a Hibee now. :greengrin

erskine-hibby
26-10-2014, 09:04 PM
I doubt it.
I thought he was trying too hard. Much more experienced players than him have got too caught up in the Derby atmosphere, we can forgive him that. Anyway, he's a Hibee now. :greengrin
Yeah you're probably right, just looked to me like he didn't want to score, especially in the first half, in front of the morons.

Squealing pig
26-10-2014, 09:07 PM
Ox 8
Stevenson 8.5
Fontain 8
Hanlon 8.5
Gray 9.5
Robertson 8.5
Mcgeough 10
Allen 10
Handling 7
Malonga 7
Cummings 7

Subs 3
Fans 10

blackpoolhibs
26-10-2014, 09:14 PM
Yeah you're probably right, just looked to me like he didn't want to score, especially in the first half, in front of the morons.

His shot was cleared off the line just before Malonga scored. :confused:

Tyler Durden
26-10-2014, 09:18 PM
Some of the marks here are a joke, did we win 3/4 nil?

Many good performances but we didn't do enough, that's the bottom line. Hopefully Stubbs will learn not to sit back on a 1 goal lead in a derby

erskine-hibby
26-10-2014, 09:19 PM
His shot was cleared off the line just before Malonga scored. :confused:

Should have buried it, along with a couple of others, but as I say it might just be me.

blackpoolhibs
26-10-2014, 09:21 PM
Should have buried it, along with a couple of others, but as I say it might just be me.

I'd say he was probably trying a bit too hard today, i certainly dont think he didn't want to score.

IberianHibernian
26-10-2014, 09:33 PM
Personally I thought Cummings was poor today, almost like a man down. I wonder if the fact he's a jambo may have been playing on his mind, not deliberately, but at the back?I agree he was poor but nothing to do with being an ex Jambo more because he`s not good enough . Still young so hopefully he can show he is good enough or will be in next couple of years but apart from goals against Hamilton I`ve yet to see anything to suggest he ever will be .

Mr White
26-10-2014, 09:35 PM
I agree he was poor but nothing to do with being an ex Jambo more because he`s not good enough . Still young so hopefully he can show he is good enough or will be in next couple of years but apart from goals against Hamilton I`ve yet to see anything to suggest he ever will be .

The double at ibrox?

macd123
26-10-2014, 10:00 PM
What a difference it is to win the midfield for a change. McGeouch was outstanding in there

You have hit the nail on the head. Controlling the midfield is more than half the battle. We started the season with craig and robertson as a midfield pair. Allan, on form, and mcgeouch are a different kettle of fish.

As for cummings, i agree he probably wanted it too much and snatched at the ball a few times. He just needs a bit more composure.

brog
27-10-2014, 06:51 AM
Some random positive thoughts on a few players to balance some mildly negative comments on this & other threads.
Handling created 2 great chances for Cummings & Allan & had a decent effort well saved.
Cummings did very well at our goal & his chasing created a great chance for Malonga.
Hanlon made one major error, caused by Sow's ineptitude but played well & made 2 outstanding blocks. He's also playing slightly out of position on right side of defence. It was noticeable that Yam opportunities in last 20 all came down our left.
Malonga IMO put himself about more than usual, scored a goal & his break from defence at pace resulted in a Yam red card.
i believe the main positive from yesterday however is that both sets of fans & players now know that we are at least their equal in playing ability. Now we have to take that forward, especially at ER.

hibs0666
27-10-2014, 06:56 AM

He had one kicked off the line in the first half.

The Harp Awakes
27-10-2014, 06:57 AM
Oxley - 6 Good safe hands when needed i.e. corners but shouldn't have be beaten from that range IMO

Gray - 8 Tremendous again, would like to see an extension to his contract asap
Fontaine - 7 Like him, solid and comfortable but said a few weeks ago he wanders and started to do this during the second half
Hanlon - 7 Never really troubled but one misjudgement nearly cost us big time
Stevenson - 8 Excellent from the wee man, really pushed on this season and deserves his praise

McGeouch - 9 Top drawer, contract on the table please, sneaked MOTM just ahead of Allan
Allan - 8 Tricky, well balanced, confident and great vision, final ball perhaps needs to improve but brilliant to watch
Robertson - 7 Solid and pressed well, looking like the player we thought we signed when we did
Handling - 5 A bit quiet for me, also pressed well but needs to be more consistent

Malonga - 6 A bit in and out for me and we need to take our chances, clever player but still undecided about him
Cummings - 5 Found the going tough today, and maybe trying too hard

Substitutes - didn't offer much and didn't contribute much

Harris - 2
Stanton - 2
Kennedy - 2

Fans - 8 Great again considering our shxty record in recent times
Ref - 7 Thought he was ok to be fair
Stubbs - 7 Gambled with the subs and didn't come off

Good assessment. Wouldn't disagree with any of that. I think it was a mistake to play Handling from the start though. Danny has talent but for me he is too lightweight for this type of fixture and plays his better games away from home when the pressure is off a bit.

Brightside
27-10-2014, 07:26 AM
Oxley 7. Their goal would have most goalies beaten. Came out of nowhere.

Gray 8
Fontaine 7
Hanlon 7
Stevenson 7

Robertson 7.5 Best I've seen him play. So dominant.
Allan 7. Decent going forward but casual tracking back at times.
Handling 7

Malonga 6 Scored, so can't be too critical, but his work rate is really poor and the other players seem all too aware.
Cummings 6. He'll have better days. Disappointing to see him have a wee sulk to himself instead of chasing the ball in second half.

Overall pretty pleasing stuff, nice to see Hibs more up for it than them for the first time in a while. Plenty of positives to take from that.

I'd agree with all that. It does look like Cumming and Malonga arent exactly the best of pals!