PDA

View Full Version : Improvements

Northernhibee
26-10-2014, 08:34 PM
Really unlucky not to win today, a wonder strike earning that lot a totally undeserved point. I thought that we were the better team today in almost every department.

We've really been pushing on and improving recently both in our style of play and results (six games undefeated now) and think we can still improve further. Malonga is scoring plenty of goals and I don't think is fully match fit yet, Scott Allan is looking very good indeed and all of Stubbsy's signings are now kicking on.

Let's not let the disappointment of an undeserved equaliser cloud our judgment - the whole team and manager deserve credit for the improvement we've seen recently. Let's give Dundee Hibs a shock in the next round and get ourselves a semi final to look forward to.

Saturday Boy
26-10-2014, 08:39 PM
Huge improvement on the last couple of seasons. I think today showed that we are building a proper football team for the first time in a few seasons. I don't know if we can beat Dundee United, but I think we will give them a game.

Ricky Bobby
26-10-2014, 08:41 PM
Really unlucky not to win today, a wonder strike earning that lot a totally undeserved point. I thought that we were the better team today in almost every department.

We've really been pushing on and improving recently both in our style of play and results (six games undefeated now) and think we can still improve further. Malonga is scoring plenty of goals and I don't think is fully match fit yet, Scott Allan is looking very good indeed and all of Stubbsy's signings are now kicking on.

Let's not let the disappointment of an undeserved equaliser cloud our judgment - the whole team and manager deserve credit for the improvement we've seen recently. Let's give Dundee Hibs a shock in the next round and get ourselves a semi final to look forward to.

I was very critical after the Dumbarton game, but after watching the last two performances i have been very impressed with the managers ability to make tough decisions regarding the captaincy and formation. All we really need is a little more belief in how decent a side we are.

skipster7
26-10-2014, 08:48 PM
Thought we mostly bossed todays game but our failure to go after teams is costing us points. 3 home draws in a row. Cant believe we sat back for the last half hour against a team we were far better than. Letting a team a man short continually pass it out from the keeper was criminal imo. They should have been hemmed in when then went to 10 and we would surely have got a second.

rcarter1
26-10-2014, 09:09 PM
Thought we mostly bossed todays game but our failure to go after teams is costing us points. 3 home draws in a row. Cant believe we sat back for the last half hour against a team we were far better than. Letting a team a man short continually pass it out from the keeper was criminal imo. They should have been hemmed in when then went to 10 and we would surely have got a second.

I agree we played all wrong in the last 30 minutes, particularly after the sending off. Im sure Stubbs will look at that and work on it. In short I totally agree that the hard work needed to start in their half harrying and chasing and forcing them to go long. To allow them to stroll into our half a man down was a bit cringeworthy to watch. Unfortunately the equaliser - albeit absurdly fortunate as a strike, seemed on the cards. They had numerous close things before their goal.

LancashireHibby
26-10-2014, 09:11 PM
Huge improvement across the park on the whole, McGeouch and Robertson both did really well in midfield and Allan provided a great outlet at times. Would have liked us not to sit quite so far back as we did towards the end but I suppose that was inevitable, especially as we were trying to catch them on the break.

IberianHibernian
26-10-2014, 09:16 PM
Huge improvement on the last couple of seasons. I think today showed that we are building a proper football team for the first time in a few seasons. I don't know if we can beat Dundee United, but I think we will give them a game.Encouraging signs yes but a year ago we outplayed and outclassed Hearts in LC and lost cause of bad luck and nearly 2 years ago we were top of the league and beat Celtic at Christmas just after beating Hearts in cup and were unbeaten in 5 Derbies ( 2 wins and 3 draws including Griffiths goal match ) so not sure we`ve done anything to celebrate yet .

1two
26-10-2014, 09:31 PM
We've got the ability to go on a unbeaten run (similar to there's).

It's unlikely to happen though.

Why?

Hibernia&Alba
27-10-2014, 02:29 AM
Big improvement upon many a derby in that we weren't afraid to take the game to them, which was my main demand before kick off. We deserved to win, but a wonder shot denied us. Nonetheless, I'm pleased with the performance and am hopeful we're finding some consistency and are gelling as a team. It was better today against that mob.

Forza Fred
27-10-2014, 04:39 AM
Much much better....we actually played as good as I have seen us in a long time, albeit we didn't manage to put them to the sword.

However I have a bit of renewed confidence after that performance, and can see us winning a few league games on the trot.

Glesgahibby
27-10-2014, 08:07 AM
We are improving,Stubbs has changed the mind set and his signings are making a huge difference.
Really pleased with yesterdays performance,what's more pleasing is you can see that we look like we will improve even more.
we need to start taking more of our chances,January will be interesting.

bobbyhibs1983
27-10-2014, 10:58 AM
We've got the ability to go on a unbeaten run (similar to there's).

It's unlikely to happen though.

Why?

the difference between us and them are pretty simple there winning games whilst we have won a few we have drawn a few also.If i recall they have only dropped 4 points so far in the league, losing none whilst we have lost a few in the league.

how you win a league is to win more games than the other teams, draw more games than you lose too.If heartz draw games they should have lost, like yesterday then they ll do well,