PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think?

Leith Green
26-10-2014, 05:26 PM
When Farids back we are one or two players away from having a really good first eleven? If we can find a player in behind the striker who is half decent and big Farid up top, then our team is as good as Hearts.

If we keep steadily progressing then we have a cracking chance via the play offs, wether its Them or the Huns left...

I really feel if the fans can stay with the team, we are getting better, Stubbs can hold his head up with his signings, they all look a massive improvement, as we move the dead wood on and bring more players into the squad we are only going to get better. I feel as positive just now as i have in the past few years watching Hibs.

truehibernian
26-10-2014, 05:34 PM
When Farids back we are one or two players away from having a really good first eleven? If we can find a player in behind the striker who is half decent and big Farid up top, then our team is as good as Hearts.

If we keep steadily progressing then we have a cracking chance via the play offs, wether its Them or the Huns left...

I really feel if the fans can stay with the team, we are getting better, Stubbs can hold his head up with his signings, they all look a massive improvement, as we move the dead wood on and bring more players into the squad we are only going to get better. I feel as positive just now as i have in the past few years watching Hibs.

We are as good as Hearts.......simple as that. Both games, nothing between the sides, neither are better than the other.

What Hibs need is consistency and that is coming the more the side play together. That, a little slice of luck, we'll be up there easily at the end of the season. We'll also beat The Rangers and Hearts along the way.

NAE NOOKIE
26-10-2014, 05:37 PM

Agreed .... we are getting better, we simply must score more of our chances though.

Leith Green
26-10-2014, 05:41 PM
Agreed .... we are getting better, we simply must score more of our chances though.

Yip, i think a proper back up for el algui is a must in January. Heff needs moved on so fingers crossed on that one, I just dinnae see Malonga as ever doing enough in a game for the team.

Stax
26-10-2014, 05:43 PM

Good post and exactly where I am just now.

Alfred E Newman
26-10-2014, 05:45 PM

They still lack confidence to finish off the job. Today was a perfect example. Hearts to their credit pushed forward towards the end but they were there to be picked off. We didn't seem have the belief that the game was won and sat back hoping for the best. If the roles had been reversed as they have been often enough in the past, Hearts would no doubt have taken advantage of the extra man and seen the game out comfortably probably adding another goal Into the bargain.

Sir David Gray
26-10-2014, 05:45 PM
We are as good as Hearts.......simple as that. Both games, nothing between the sides, neither are better than the other.

What Hibs need is consistency and that is coming the more the side play together. That, a little slice of luck, we'll be up there easily at the end of the season. We'll also beat The Rangers and Hearts along the way.

There is a difference between being matching another team in a couple of individual matches and being as good as them in general terms.

After 11 games, we're sitting 14 points behind them so whilst I'm certainly encouraged by recent performances and we were by far the better side today, I can't agree that we're as good as them yet. We've lost stupid matches to the likes of Alloa which Hearts haven't done so far.

marinello59
26-10-2014, 05:50 PM
We are still improving and today we showed that they are certainly no better than us at present. They are only an injury to Gomis or Bauben away from being a very poor side.

Leith Green
26-10-2014, 05:53 PM
There is a difference between being matching another team in a couple of individual matches and being as good as them in general terms.

After 11 games, we're sitting 14 points behind them so whilst I'm certainly encouraged by recent performances and we were by far the better side today, I can't agree that we're as good as them yet. We've lost stupid matches to the likes of Alloa which Hearts haven't done so far.

I think the difference is that Stubbs has worked out his best side and how to utilise them.. We were always going to start of ropey in my opinion, we done all our appointing far too late. We are starting to see massive improvement in performances

Crammond Hibee
26-10-2014, 07:26 PM
I think the difference is that Stubbs has worked out his best side and how to utilise them.. We were always going to start of ropey in my opinion, we done all our appointing far too late. We are starting to see massive improvement in performances

I agree 100%
That's the best team and formation