PDA

View Full Version : On to Dundee United...

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-10-2014, 02:43 PM
Who's all going? Purchased my ticket last week and lool forward to it :greengrin

bingo70
26-10-2014, 03:29 PM
Be interesting to see how we do, they're obviously a better side than us but not so much we shouldn't be able to give them a game and have a good chance.

Just hope today doesn't deflate the players too much

Sir David Gray
26-10-2014, 03:39 PM
It will be a good test for us.

They're obvioulsy the favourites, as a Premiership side, but they're apparently not playing particularly well at the moment and I'm hoping that all the upheaval surrounding everything with Paul Paton just now will give us a little edge.

If we play like we did today, we've got a chance.

sbell1875
26-10-2014, 04:45 PM
I'll be there. As mentioned above, if we play like we did today I think we've got a chance.

To have a domestic cup semi-final on the horizon would give everyone at the club a huge lift so I'm hopeful we can get the job done.

NAE NOOKIE
26-10-2014, 04:47 PM
It will be a good test for us.

They're obvioulsy the favourites, as a Premiership side, but they're apparently not playing particularly well at the moment and I'm hoping that all the upheaval surrounding everything with Paul Paton just now will give us a little edge.

If we play like we did today, we've got a chance.

Agreed ... should be interesting.

Canongatehibs
26-10-2014, 06:25 PM
I've a sneaky feeling we'll win this one.

ancient hibee
26-10-2014, 06:26 PM
Two men arrested for the assault.

PatHead
26-10-2014, 06:38 PM
Remember concessions £5 if bought day before the game. No moaning if you miss out now.

Scouse Hibee
26-10-2014, 06:56 PM
Remember concessions £5 if bought day before the game. No moaning if you miss out now.

This offer is just for 0-17yrs old not Concessions such as students and OAP's.

IberianHibernian
26-10-2014, 07:09 PM
League Cup only seems important from semis onwards so win on Wednesday would be huge financially at least . Semi not till February so no distraction from league . More important than today`s game especially if a win means cash to sign good striker in January .

PatHead
26-10-2014, 07:14 PM
This offer is just for 0-17yrs old not Concessions such as students and OAP's.

Don't get me started on students!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B.H.F.C
26-10-2014, 07:24 PM
Great chance to get to a cup semi final. All of a sudden things might not seem so bad.

We are further behind in the league than we should be and it's disappointing. But I definitely think things are starting to head in the right direction. Nothing to fear on Wednesday.

Swedish hibee
26-10-2014, 07:25 PM

:confused:

Onwards & upwards Hibs for Wednesday. We're still unbeaten...

hibee_girl
26-10-2014, 07:26 PM
I can't make it :boo hoo: but I am going to see Brian Connelly (my absolute favourite!) instead so never mind :greengrin

I missed the last round because of Ant & Dec, I've already been told if we win on Wednesday I'm not allowed to go to the next round either! :greengrin

PatHead
26-10-2014, 07:28 PM

Onwards & upwards Hibs for Wednesday. We're still unbeaten...

4 kids- enough said

DTS
26-10-2014, 07:38 PM
Can't make it through as I can't afford the train fayre. Absolutely gutted but that's what happens when you're a student I guess

Swedish hibee
26-10-2014, 07:40 PM
4 kids- enough said

Got you :aok:

Jonnyboy
26-10-2014, 07:41 PM
I can't make it :boo hoo: but I am going to see Brian Connelly (my absolute favourite!) instead so never mind :greengrin

I missed the last round because of Ant & Dec, I've already been told if we win on Wednesday I'm not allowed to go to the next round either! :greengrin

Just remember K ............. It's a puppet :greengrin

Pretty Boy
26-10-2014, 07:42 PM
How much is an adult ticket? I've got the CTU but going to try and talk a few mates into going along.

Scouse Hibee
26-10-2014, 07:42 PM
Can't make it through as I can't afford the train fayre. Absolutely gutted but that's what happens when you're a student I guess

Just have something to eat before you get on the train then :wink:

Scouse Hibee
26-10-2014, 07:43 PM
How much is an adult ticket? I've got the CTU but going to try and talk a few mates into going along.

£20

Jonnyboy
26-10-2014, 07:44 PM

Prices here PB http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/4854

hibee_girl
Just remember K ............. It's a puppet :greengrin

:thumbsup:

£20 IIRC

PatHead
£20, students £10, kids £5

CraigHibee
26-10-2014, 08:06 PM
i'm looking forward to it, if we play like we did today i think we stand a good chance

Bronson
26-10-2014, 08:15 PM

Not sure what you're getting at here, are you suggesting students shouldn't get cheaper tickets?

007 Mickey Weir
26-10-2014, 08:48 PM
We will miss Dylan! Who comes in Craig??

Diclonius
26-10-2014, 10:13 PM
This student was very happy with the ticket prices. :greengrin

Will be there, travelling with a couple United supporting mates who haven't seen us beat them in god knows how many years. Will be an uncomfortable drive back if it finally happens..

Keith_M
27-10-2014, 07:14 AM
Not sure what you're getting at here, are you suggesting students shouldn't get cheaper tickets?

They should pay twice as much as Adults, IMHO.

Hibernia&Alba
27-10-2014, 10:15 AM
£20, students £10, kids £5

That isn't bad all, especially for the kids.

weonlywon6-2
27-10-2014, 10:17 AM

Me plus three going,picking up tickets on my way home

weonlywon6-2
27-10-2014, 10:20 AM
We will miss Dylan! Who comes in Craig??

Take it he is suspended?

Bronson
27-10-2014, 01:24 PM
They should pay twice as much as Adults, IMHO.

What a ridiculous thing to come out with, I really hope that was a joke. A student on this thread has said he can't make the game because he can't afford the train fare and you think he should pay twice as much for his ticket? People should be encouraged to go to the football, not priced out of it.

Seriously, that has to be a wind up?

The_Exile
27-10-2014, 02:11 PM
What a ridiculous thing to come out with, I really hope that was a joke. A student on this thread has said he can't make the game because he can't afford the train fare and you think he should pay twice as much for his ticket? People should be encouraged to go to the football, not priced out of it.

Seriously, that has to be a wind up?

:hahaha:
:fishin:

green&left
27-10-2014, 02:33 PM
Rather looking forward to this. Cup tie under the floodlights with a large travelling support (1300 they've shifted so far I believe). Big test for the team also :flag:

Pete
27-10-2014, 03:19 PM
This is a bigger game than the derby as far as prizes are concerned. We've left it too late to get our act together for the title so the aim in the league must be a play off place.

Win on Wednesday and there will be an underlying feelgood factor until February. A really big game that we can look forward to!

Bring it on! :thumbsup:

B.H.F.C
27-10-2014, 03:36 PM
Rather looking forward to this. Cup tie under the floodlights with a large travelling support (1300 they've shifted so far I believe). Big test for the team also :flag:

Hope we can get a decent crowd in ourselves. Even with them bringing a decent number I still don't think we will see 10k with season tickets not valid.

We are on a decent run and it's a massive game, hopefully it encourages a few along.

weonlywon6-2
27-10-2014, 03:59 PM
Who's all going? Purchased my ticket last week and lool forward to it :greengrin

Just purchased 4 tickets for the game,looking forward to it

ancient hibee
27-10-2014, 05:30 PM
Hope we can get a decent crowd in ourselves. Even with them bringing a decent number I still don't think we will see 10k with season tickets not valid.

We are on a decent run and it's a massive game, hopefully it encourages a few along.

My season ticket is:greengrin

kaimendhibs
27-10-2014, 05:36 PM

Train from where?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bronson
27-10-2014, 06:16 PM

Knew I was falling for it as I typed my reply:grr::faf:

Jonnyboy
27-10-2014, 06:45 PM
My season ticket is:greengrin

Mine too :greengrin

EastCalderHibby
27-10-2014, 07:00 PM
This is a bigger game than the derby as far as prizes are concerned. We've left it too late to get our act together for the title so the aim in the league must be a play off place.

Win on Wednesday and there will be an underlying feelgood factor until February. A really big game that we can look forward to!

who's the big team got

Stuarty27
27-10-2014, 07:24 PM
I work away during the week in Stranraer and was no going to bother however after Sundays performance and the fact no game on Saturday I'll get away earlier and come up the road for it!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-10-2014, 07:41 PM
Mine too :greengrin

And mine :agree:

Hibeesmad
27-10-2014, 07:43 PM
I think we will see about 9,000 there. Hopefully a cup semi final to be excited about too!

Pete
27-10-2014, 08:14 PM
who's the big team got

Some teams are simply too big for the league cup.

27-10-2014, 09:10 PM

Totally agree, would be really exciting to make a semi-final, like you say, would give the place a real buzz!

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-10-2014, 09:16 PM
Would be a fantastic game to win but I won't get too annoyed if we don't . IIRC the last time we were in this league we played Aberdeen at much the same stage and beat them 1-0.

Billychaotic182
28-10-2014, 12:46 AM
Coming down from Aberdeen. Let's hope we win otherwise it's a long drive home

Spike Mandela
28-10-2014, 08:44 AM
Haven't watched an SPL game on telly all season. Anyone give an honest assessment of the Utd team and their threats? Third in the league so must be playing well.

JimBHibees
28-10-2014, 11:50 AM
Haven't watched an SPL game on telly all season. Anyone give an honest assessment of the Utd team and their threats? Third in the league so must be playing well.

They are a good passing team and have numerous goal threats in the form of mainly Ciftci, McKay Steven, Armstrong, Dow. Dont know if any of their players are unavailable however they do seem to be on a pretty poor run for them.

Dylan missing is a big loss to us IMO however think there will be a few goals in this game.

lyonhibs
28-10-2014, 11:52 AM
Is this on the telly? One assumes not, but no harm in checking

portyhibernian
28-10-2014, 02:09 PM
Is this on the telly? One assumes not, but no harm in checking

I don't think it is, BBC are showing Rangers v St Johnstone.

hibeemikey21
28-10-2014, 02:44 PM

As far as I'm aware, they've only lost Gunning from their starting 11 that spanked us 4-1 at home. They've replaced him with Fojut who seems decent.

Edit: Oops, They also lost Robertson! Quite a significant loss that one!

Will be a big test. In saying that, our team has come on leaps and bounds since then

Craig_HFC
28-10-2014, 02:49 PM
Well we dinnae want any of our players getting on the wrong side of Paul Paton anyway...

:cb

JimBHibees
28-10-2014, 03:27 PM
Well we dinnae want any of our players getting on the wrong side of Paul Paton anyway...

:cb

On that point will he be playing ?

Pete
28-10-2014, 03:34 PM

They looked a shambles defensively against Inverness. I can see us scoring against them but will we keep their talented attacking players out?

Stevie Reid
28-10-2014, 03:37 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29804286

Golden Bear
28-10-2014, 03:38 PM

Back in the squad and eligible for selection according to the beeb.

JimBHibees
28-10-2014, 04:12 PM
Back in the squad and eligible for selection according to the beeb.

Ok cheers just saw that.

I see John Beaton the ref. Hope he does better than the Ibrox game where he totally changed the game earlier in the season..

weonlywon6-2
28-10-2014, 06:26 PM
Totally agree, would be really exciting to make a semi-final, like you say, would give the place a real buzz!

Exactly,would be magic to make a semifinal,possibly have leigh by then unless he has played in the comp already

Pretty Boy
28-10-2014, 06:27 PM
Would be a fantastic game to win but I won't get too annoyed if we don't . IIRC the last time we were in this league we played Aberdeen at much the same stage and beat them 1-0.

And then got pumped 4-0 away at St Johnstone in the next round.

One of the most poisonous atmospheres I've been in, fans were going mental shouting 'sack the board' and various other less pleasant chants.

Turned it round in style that season.

resident_Arab
29-10-2014, 12:19 AM
They are a good passing team and have numerous goal threats in the form of mainly Ciftci, McKay Steven, Armstrong, Dow. Dont know if any of their players are unavailable however they do seem to be on a pretty poor run for them.

Dylan missing is a big loss to us IMO however think there will be a few goals in this game.

We have been anything but a good passing side this season, that has been one of our weaknesses, what we have improved was our defending at CB, it's been more solid but at the expense of passing it out and starting attacks from the back that we saw last season, Robertson up the left has been a huge miss and Gauld has also to a lesser extent, guys like Ciftci and Armstrong haven't hit top form yet either so we're nowhere near as pleasing on the eye this season

The last 3-4 performances have been dreadful with just a late penalty getting us the narrow win over Partick but have lost away to Killie & ICT at either side of that, it's not been all bad as we've managed to win 8 of our 12 games including big wins at Pittodrie and Dens, the key for us has and will be tomorrow who gets the first goal, can't say i am confident because of the above and also you lot are looking decent and certainly not struggled against the likes of Rangers & Hearts

Heard we had sold 1600 as of yesterday so should be a decent crowd and atmosphere!

Billy Whizz
29-10-2014, 08:14 AM
We have been anything but a good passing side this season, that has been one of our weaknesses, what we have improved was our defending at CB, it's been more solid but at the expense of passing it out and starting attacks from the back that we saw last season, Robertson up the left has been a huge miss and Gauld has also to a lesser extent, guys like Ciftci and Armstrong haven't hit top form yet either so we're nowhere near as pleasing on the eye this season

The last 3-4 performances have been dreadful with just a late penalty getting us the narrow win over Partick but have lost away to Killie & ICT at either side of that, it's not been all bad as we've managed to win 8 of our 12 games including big wins at Pittodrie and Dens, the key for us has and will be tomorrow who gets the first goal, can't say i am confident because of the above and also you lot are looking decent and certainly not struggled against the likes of Rangers & Hearts

Heard we had sold 1600 as of yesterday so should be a decent crowd and atmosphere!

That's a decent away support

Keith_M
29-10-2014, 08:18 AM

:greengrin

------

On another note, I had a look online and the ticket sales for the game look really poor.

CallumLaidlaw
29-10-2014, 08:20 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/assault-charge-star-paul-paton-4527266

Paton set to play tonight. That'll be interesting!

HH81
29-10-2014, 08:27 AM
Looking at a very poor crowd?

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc/details/event.aspx?itemref=2953

CRAZYHIBBY
29-10-2014, 08:30 AM
Is it oan ra telly

Billy Whizz
29-10-2014, 08:31 AM
Is it oan ra telly

No, it's only live at Easter Rd

Keith_M
29-10-2014, 08:43 AM

Yep, about 5,000 or so.

What's with section 11, up in the corner? That's normally one of the last places people want to buy tickets???

Hibernia&Alba
29-10-2014, 08:44 AM

I'm surprised to see so many available seats at this stage for a big game.

Hibernia&Alba
29-10-2014, 08:45 AM
Yep, about 5,000 or so.

Surely not.

JimBHibees
29-10-2014, 09:01 AM
I'm surprised to see so many available seats at this stage for a big game.

Surely there will be a reasonable amount of walk ups also though especially if weather ok.

Keith_M
29-10-2014, 09:01 AM
Surely not.

It could be a bit more than that (hopefully a lot more by kick-off) but I'm surprised the sales have been so poor.

I would have thought our recent form, plus the fact we're playing against a really good team, would have had people flocking to this match.

HH81
29-10-2014, 09:13 AM
I think it has been priced too high straight after a derby. £15 and £5 would have seen a better crowd IMO.

Hibernia&Alba
29-10-2014, 09:13 AM
Surely there will be a reasonable amount of walk ups also though especially if weather ok.

Yes, I would imagine/hope so.

leggeto
29-10-2014, 09:49 AM
Massive game,if we win this and get to the semi finals it will bring back the feel good factor to the club,c'moan hibs let's do this I fancy another crack at the Hun's at Hampden

NAE NOOKIE
29-10-2014, 10:19 AM

that's my guess too. Coz ER has a 20,000 capacity folk have no real incentive to make a trip to the ticket office or buy on line when theres no danger of not getting a ticket at a booth on the night.

It looks like the weather will be decent and Hibs did play well on Sunday. If cost is a factor it wont be because of £20 a ticket for this one, which is reasonable. It will be because its 3 days after £28 a pop for the derby, which was not.

Surprised to hear Utd have sold 1,600 tickets though ....good for them, that must be close to their biggest support at ER for about 10 years.

Gutted that Dylan is suspended ... that midfield was really starting to look the business.

C'mon the Hibees ..... :flag:

LALthehibeeGAL
29-10-2014, 12:23 PM
I can't access the fishal site to find out about tickets is it PATG tonight?

lal:wink:

Hibernia&Alba
29-10-2014, 12:28 PM
I can't access the fishal site to find out about tickets is it PATG tonight?

lal:wink:

Ticket pods as usual.

Oscar T Grouch
29-10-2014, 12:29 PM
Boss paid me two days early so just bought my ticket, looking forward to it. :flag: Cheers boss

Scottie
29-10-2014, 12:30 PM
Massive game,if we win this and get to the semi finals it will bring back the feel good factor to the club,c'moan hibs let's do this I fancy another crack at the Hun's at Hampden
Stop it you got me frothing at the mouth over this post. :drool:

LALthehibeeGAL
29-10-2014, 12:49 PM
Ticket pods as usual.

cheers :thumbsup:

Green Fish
29-10-2014, 01:00 PM
A couple of us fifers heading over, can't wait, c'mon the hibees