PDA

View Full Version : The biggest few days since Stubbs took over

Pretty Boy
26-10-2014, 03:21 PM
Next few days are huge for Stubbs imo.

The players looked utterly dejected at full time today, the old falling to the knees routine again. He's got a massive challenge to lift them for Wednesday and get a decent performance against a good Premiership team, result will take care of itself. Then we have a weekend off before a must win away at Cowdenbeath to consolidate our top 4 place.

He really needs to get inside their heads and keep building confidence.

The Tubs
26-10-2014, 03:25 PM
it shouldn't be that hard. By replaying what they did well a few times, he'll get the message across. It should also show the guys on the fringes, like harris and stanton, what's expected.

truehibernian
26-10-2014, 03:31 PM
Next few days are huge for Stubbs imo.

The players looked utterly dejected at full time today, the old falling to the knees routine again. He's got a massive challenge to lift them for Wednesday and get a decent performance against a good Premiership team, result will take care of itself. Then we have a weekend off before a must win away at Cowdenbeath to consolidate our top 4 place.

He really needs to get inside their heads and keep building confidence.

Don't think it will be an issue - the players were rightly dejected as they were the better team and Hearts got off the hook. But they have always looked better than Hearts this year, the final ingredient missing in our game is that 'take a chance' component.......played some great stuff, good passing, looked solid, had players always wanting the ball.

Consistency is always going to be issue this season, but Stubbs is getting a team together that not only competes, it can play a bit too - I stress team because they are really starting to gel and play like a side that knows each other. Next round of 10 games will define the positions and I can see us nicely sitting in 3rd........and I can see Hearts and Rangers dropping points.

Cup game will be a good watch, Utd like to play expansive, a little like Hearts - so we have nothing to fear. Dare I say this Hibs side look up for the big games. :aok: Team and players should be proud of the performance today, they didn't let any of the support down :flag: