PDA

View Full Version : We'll do them in the Play Offs!

California-Hibs
26-10-2014, 02:47 PM
Rangers are winning this league, with Hibs and Hearts 2nd/3rd. We were STREETS ahead of them today! Our midfield completely bossed theirs.

Also, I've heard them stress to high heaven that Sow is better than Malonga, yes, I know, it beggars belief!!

Was Sow honestly even playing today??

cleanyman
26-10-2014, 02:50 PM
Hibs rarely do Hearts.

10 men, 1-0 down and they sneak a point with a belter.

Cursed.

HH81
Hearts will win the league, good teams find a result when they play crap. Today was evidence of that!

WeeRussell
Rangers are winning this league, with Hibs and Hearts 2nd/3rd. We were STREETS ahead of them today! Our midfield completely bossed theirs.

Also, I've heard them stress to high heaven that Sow is better than Malonga, yes, I know, it beggars belief!!

I think he might be. Neither have convinced me that they are all that, however.

lucky
26-10-2014, 02:52 PM
FFS I'm better than Malonga. The guy is a lazy *******

sleeping giant
26-10-2014, 02:54 PM
Hibs rarely do Hearts.

Cursed.

Belter ? Really ?
Fluke if you ask me.

GlasgowHibee
26-10-2014, 02:55 PM
Belter ? Really ?
Fluke if you ask me.

Fluke's can be belters.

sesoim
26-10-2014, 02:59 PM
Everyone played well apart from the front three. I'll let Cummings off because he will get better and he puts the effort in. Malonga is lazy but clearly we have to play him at least till El Agui comes back. But I will NEVER see the point in Handling.

As for their goal - yes it was a bit flukey, but yet again they've scored by taking that chance. We don't get enough attempts on target, and too often our shots are soft.

SeanWilson
26-10-2014, 03:10 PM
Belter ? Really ?
Fluke if you ask me.

100% and Oxley should have and could have done miles better. We were panacking for 20 mins when we should have been bossing the game. For me, the subs were all wrong.

California-Hibs
26-10-2014, 03:38 PM
Hearts will win the league, good teams find a result when they play crap. Today was evidence of that!

Hearts won't win the league. Look forward to pulling this thread back up in due course.

HH81
26-10-2014, 03:42 PM
Hearts won't win the league. Look forward to pulling this thread back up in due course.

They are 13 points or so clear of us. They were beat today and down to 10 men and still found a way to nick a point. Champions in football tend to do that.

bingo70
26-10-2014, 03:43 PM

I agree.

Hearts have done well so far this season but have had their fair share of good fortune already, ironically enough against their closest challengers for the league.

That said though the rangers are still within touching distance, as the season goes on there's no doubt in my mind the rangers will catch this poor hearts team.

In a play off against them I'd fancy our chances.

Heisenberg
26-10-2014, 03:46 PM
Hearts will win the league. Hibs, The Rangers and QOTS in the playoffs.

Danderhall Hibs
26-10-2014, 03:57 PM
I've been saying since the start of the season that we'll see them in May when we're on a run and they're on a downer after losing the league. And our main striker will be back and in form.

GreenArmyyy!
26-10-2014, 03:58 PM
Hibs rarely do Hearts.

Cursed.

Correct.

Pete
26-10-2014, 04:01 PM
Hibs rarely do Hearts.

Cursed.

Cursed, eh?

Next you'll be telling us it's all down to a shirt that's buried under the East.

Watch out for those pumpkins!

Sir David Gray
26-10-2014, 04:15 PM
Hearts will win the league. I've said it since the summer and, if anything, today confirmed that for me.

If you can play as poorly as they did today, away from home against your rivals when you're down to ten men and losing going into the last few moments of the match and still avoid defeat then I would say that they'll finish as champions.

bingo70
26-10-2014, 04:18 PM
Hearts will win the league. I've said it since the summer and, if anything, today confirmed that for me.

If you can play as poorly as they did today, away from home against your rivals when you're down to ten men and losing going into the last few moments of the match and still avoid defeat then I would say that they'll finish as champions.

Do you not think they played poorly today simply because they're not that good?

Much has been made about the rangers bad start but they're not far behind, if they've started to find a bit form and build momentum they'll catch hearts sooner or later.

California-Hibs
26-10-2014, 04:19 PM
Some folk really need to grown a set on here. Get this loser/giving them over the top respect, out of here!

They are the dogs dirt on your show!

It's honestly like some posters never watched us dominate them today!

I'm more than confident over 2 legs, especially with Alagui back, that we'll have more than enough to take care of them and keep them down.

Sir David Gray
26-10-2014, 04:28 PM
Do you not think they played poorly today simply because they're not that good?

Much has been made about the rangers bad start but they're not far behind, if they've started to find a bit form and build momentum they'll catch hearts sooner or later.

I don't think in the grand scheme of things that they're particularly good but they don't need to be in order to beat most of the teams in this division.

Their home form has also been fantastic so far. They've got a 100% record at Tynecastle, scoring an average of four goals a game. I think it will be very close between them and Sevco but I think they've got more about them.

Plus they are a very, VERY lucky team which always helps.

bingo70
26-10-2014, 04:30 PM
I don't think in the grand scheme of things that they're particularly good but they don't need to be in order to beat most of the teams in this division.

Their home form has also been fantastic so far. They've got a 100% record at Tynecastle, scoring an average of four goals a game. I think it will be very close between them and Sevco but I think they've got more about them.

Plus they are a very, VERY lucky team which always helps.

I think the rangers experience will count for a lot as the season goes on, they've got a lot of players that know what it takes to win a league, hearts don't.

Ricky Bobby
26-10-2014, 04:31 PM
I have only seen Hearts twice this season and i have to say they are not a great side, I have seen nothing to suggest they wont hit a tricky spell of form and if we continue to improve, there is a real possibility of meeting them in the play offs.

cleanyman
26-10-2014, 04:40 PM
Cursed, eh?

Next you'll be telling us it's all down to a shirt that's buried under the East.

Watch out for those pumpkins!

You still waiting on everything to even itself out?

Gid yin.

SunshineOnLeith
26-10-2014, 04:52 PM
The annoying thing is that there's sod all to get excited by until the playoffs come round. We'll be third, we're already too far behind to catch the top 2 and we'll comfortably rise above the rest of the league in due course.

Hearts and Rangers have the title race to keep a buzz going around themselves, but for us the league season from now is just boring. Really need a run in the Scottish Cup to get some positivity going.

Ricky Bobby
26-10-2014, 05:04 PM
The annoying thing is that there's sod all to get excited by until the playoffs come round. We'll be third, we're already too far behind to catch the top 2 and we'll comfortably rise above the rest of the league in due course.

Hearts and Rangers have the title race to keep a buzz going around themselves, but for us the league season from now is just boring. Really need a run in the Scottish Cup to get some positivity going.

Don't agree, if we can continue to improve and finish the season really strongly it will put us on the front foot going into the play offs. Seen it plenty of times down south that the form team going into the play offs often does very well.

silverhibee
26-10-2014, 05:09 PM
Some folk really need to grown a set on here. Get this loser/giving them over the top respect, out of here!

They are the dogs dirt on your show!

It's honestly like some posters never watched us dominate them today!

I'm more than confident over 2 legs, especially with Alagui back, that we'll have more than enough to take care of them and keep them down.

How many players do we have on 6 month loans.

bigwheel
26-10-2014, 05:12 PM
How many players do we have on 6 month loans.

Only Oxley out of the starting 11 today...

bigwheel
26-10-2014, 05:14 PM

Disagree...if I see a team playing like that each week I will enjoy the rest of the season , even if we end up third....there is no comparison between the team we see now and the one we had to witness last season...Stubbs and Co are sorting us out - and I'm starting to enjoy it...

Houchy
26-10-2014, 05:18 PM

Unfortunately, I agree 100%. I don't think they are a better side than us but what they do have is a mentality that they WILL score against us. I feel it myself now, whenever we play them, we could be 2-0 up yet I know they WILL score at least 1 against us.

silverhibee
26-10-2014, 05:19 PM
Only Oxley out of the starting 11 today...

McGeouch, is he a six or a year loan.?

bigwheel
26-10-2014, 05:21 PM
McGeouch, is he a six or a year loan.?

Full season...

sahib
26-10-2014, 05:25 PM
FFS I'm better than Malonga. The guy is a lazy *******

That is uncalled for in my opinion.
He is what he is and the guy is getting goals. If he was the complete package, he would not be here. Some of the comments recently are just plain vindictive.

Leith Green
26-10-2014, 05:37 PM
Thats us played them and the Huns twice a piece and been the better side in all four games imo.. We need to improve our performances against the smaller sides, who raise theres against us. Hearts side isnt any better, they were just better prepared for the season and that what shows. I dont think we will catch them but we should finish a lot closer than it is currently

truehibernian
26-10-2014, 06:00 PM
He is what he is and the guy is getting goals. If he was the complete package, he wound not be here. Some of the comments recently are just plain vindictive.

:agree:

He will be a frustrating player but he will be our 'Boyd'....right place right time, boom, goal. He'll be in my side every week......other players do the work, Jason has the energy to compensate. Malonga is actually a decent player technically as well by the way :aok:

Waxy
26-10-2014, 06:05 PM
Malonga is super composed with the ball at his feet, brings others in the game and gets himself in the right places.
We need now to go on a long run beating the smaller teams.I'm optimistic.

S.sct
26-10-2014, 06:22 PM

"Streets ahead".....not for me. We need to be ruthless but we're not. We need to have the ability to close games out, but we can't. Better today but we are not streets ahead of anybody. Mind you they are nothing much....:wink:

BT58
26-10-2014, 06:42 PM
We need to get a goal scorer in at January
At the start of January, not the end,we need to be a settled team from Feb 1st and carry on a winning streak,we need to make ER a fortress and win some games away....
Jeezo its easy to do on paper,,,but we dinnae play on paper / text....

bingo70
26-10-2014, 06:51 PM
We need to get a goal scorer in at January
At the start of January, not the end,we need to be a settled team from Feb 1st and carry on a winning streak,we need to make ER a fortress and win some games away....
Jeezo its easy to do on paper,,,but we dinnae play on paper / text....

Farid coming back should fill that role.

FranckSuzy
26-10-2014, 06:54 PM
He is what he is and the guy is getting goals. If he was the complete package, he wound not be here. Some of the comments recently are just plain vindictive.

:agree: Cutting :greengrin

Heisenberg
26-10-2014, 07:01 PM
I like Malonga. He does need to work a bit more and toughen up but he's scoring goals which is his main remit. Cummings has been disappointing since Ibrox but he's still very raw and learning all the time. El Alagui and Malonga up top would be very decent.