PDA

View Full Version : How lucky are they???

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-10-2014, 02:44 PM
I ****ing hate them. An abolute peach but still so jammy!!!

Sir David Gray
26-10-2014, 02:48 PM
There needs to be a new word made up to describe Hearts' fortunes in derbies.

Lucky just doesn't come close.

3pm
26-10-2014, 02:48 PM
There is surely a time when it can no longer be considered 'luck'?

sleeping giant
26-10-2014, 02:52 PM
I ****ing hate them. An abolute peach but still so jammy!!!

Let's put this "peach/stunner/best derby goal " pish to be bed.
It was a fluke. Total hit and hope from a defender. Total fluke.
Now , Mixu and Latapy scoring with the one-two ! That WAS a peach.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-10-2014, 02:58 PM

It might have been a fluke, but it was a belter, end of.

sleeping giant
26-10-2014, 03:00 PM
It might have been a fluke, but it was a belter, end of.

You just read that on that other thread :greengrin
I do not agree that flukes can be belters.
Belters are meant , flukes are flukes.

hibbydog
26-10-2014, 03:00 PM

Don't agree.

He kicked it as hard as he could towards the goal. It went in. He meant it.

If it was a deflection I'd say it was a fluke

bingo70
26-10-2014, 03:01 PM
You just read that on that other thread :greengrin
I do not agree that flukes can be belters.
Belters are meant , flukes are flukes.

He meant it but 999 times out of a thousand it would have hit row zz.

Baader
26-10-2014, 03:03 PM
We gave them too much space towards the end though.

GreenLake
It was a cracking strike from a player who would more often dig up a divot.

eastterrace
He meant it but 999 times out of a thousand it would have hit row zz.

the wind caught it and oxley thought it was going over but it just dipped at the last second, lucky barstewards

TheHarpy76
26-10-2014, 03:04 PM

If Hanlon or Fontaine scored it would you have said it was a fluke?

No you would have said it was a belter/peach etc.

We should have won today and deserved to but we were undone by a cracking goal, let's give credit where it's due eh?

sesoim
26-10-2014, 03:06 PM
There is surely a time when it can no longer be considered 'luck'?

:agree: If we were more clinical instead of taking soft shots or passing the buck too much, we would have 2 or 3 goals up easily. Hearts just went for it and, yet again, got the goal they needed. It's good that we are passing better, but there is no point in passing it about nicely if our finishing is so lacklustre.

Pretty Boy
26-10-2014, 03:06 PM

They seem to score a lot of flukes though.

Remeber Stevenson could have hit that shot 100 times in thr league cup and never scored apparently.

Remember that strike in the 1st derby this season that the guy couldn't do again if he tried 100 times.

Then that today. It was a good goal and he meant to take a shot therefore it wasn't a fluke anymore than Griffiths free kick that wasn't given from about the same distance was a fluke.

Kato
26-10-2014, 03:07 PM
There needs to be a new word made up to describe Hearts' fortunes in derbies.

"Lugly"

sleeping giant
26-10-2014, 03:08 PM
If Hanlon or Fontaine scored it would you have said it was a fluke?

No you would have said it was a belter/peach etc.

We should have won today and deserved to but we were undone by a cracking goal, let's give credit where it's due eh?

Credit where it's due ? Are you having a laugh ?
Why on earth would I want to give the savilles any credit ? Are you kidding me ?
If Hanlon has scored it , I would definitely think/know it was a fluke.

What with the savilles love in ?

sleeping giant
26-10-2014, 03:11 PM
They seem to score a lot of flukes though.

Remeber Stevenson could have hit that shot 100 times in thr league cup and never scored apparently.

Remember that strike in the 1st derby this season that the guy couldn't do again if he tried 100 times.

Then that today. It was a good goal and he meant to take a shot therefore it wasn't a fluke anymore than Griffiths free kick that wasn't given from about the same distance was a fluke.

I don't think it was a g

lucky
26-10-2014, 03:12 PM
It was great strike but we sat off them and gave him the opportunity to strile it. Not seen in tv yet but I thought Oxley should have saved it

SteveHFC
26-10-2014, 03:14 PM
Great strike tbf.

Bobo
26-10-2014, 03:15 PM
Add Oxley to the long line of Hibs keepers who have sold the jerseys in a Derby! Unrestricted view of a shot hit from so far out and he still made an arse of it!

Hibs played the better football throughout and deserved to win but are nowhere near ruthless enough and far too timid for my liking, especially with a man advantage, we gave them too much time and space on the ball for no reason considering Hearts are a pretty woeful team with very little talent!!

If there's a luckier team anywhere on the planet I've yet to see them!

sleeping giant
26-10-2014, 03:15 PM
I don't think it was a g

Gutted :greengrin

I had typed out a lengthy post but I don't know what happened

Pretty Boy
26-10-2014, 03:16 PM
Add Oxley to the long line of Hibs keepers who have sold the jerseys in a Derby! Unrestricted view of a shot hit from so far out and he still made an arse of it!

Hibs played the better football throughout and deserved to win but are nowhere near ruthless enough and far too timid for my liking, especially with a man advantage, we gave them too much time and space on the ball for no reason considering Hearts are a pretty woeful team with very little talent!!

If there's a luckier team anywhere on the planet I've yet to see them!

Tbf to Oxley having just seen the goal again it took a huge swing and dip in the air. The ball moved all over the place and that wind probably didn't help either.

sleeping giant
26-10-2014, 03:16 PM
Anyone seen it on telly yet and still think it was a "peach"?

bingo70
26-10-2014, 03:18 PM
Anyone seen it on telly yet and still think it was a "peach"?

I've already argued he got lucky, that doesn't mean it wasn't a peach though.

stanton_4
26-10-2014, 03:19 PM
It wasn't lucky. It was just reward for coming at us continually after going down to ten men. We threw it away. We gave them too much time and space in the middle of the park especially after the sending off. We only have ourselves to blame as far as I'm concerned.

Bobo
26-10-2014, 03:26 PM
Tbf to Oxley having just seen the goal again it took a huge swing and dip in the air. The ball moved all over the place and that wind probably didn't help either.

Wasn't expecting him to hold it but from that distance out I expect him to comfortably tip it over even allowing for any movement of the ball.

It's another Derby where Hibs have shot themselves in the foot by showing far too much respect to an inferior team! Until we are more ruthless and convert a higher percentage of the chances we create, nothing will change.

Hiber-nation
26-10-2014, 03:28 PM
Nothing to do with luck, we were well on top but lost the momentum partly due to Oxley wasting time and slowing things down.

1st half hour though was superb, best fitba I've seen from a Hibs team in ages, just don't have the ability to go for the jugular.

bingo70
26-10-2014, 03:33 PM
An absolute horse of a centre half pings one in from 35 yards out in the last minute, surely everyone can concede there's an element of bad luck in that?!

Even if we could have put the game to bed earlier.

Franck Stanton
26-10-2014, 03:34 PM
When it comes to derbys, if Hibs didn't have bad luck, then we wouldn't have any luck at all.

We had enough chances to put the game to bed and didn't take them only ourselves to blame. Not ruthless enough. Thought Malonga should have been subbed for Kennedy, especially after the sending off to try and stretch their back 4.

Strange game football, 1-1, Hibs supporters leave ground dejected, yams celebrate as if they have just won the cup/league/ww3 all in one. Merricks.

26-10-2014, 03:34 PM
Jammiest club on the planet by a country mile! Once again got themselves out of jail with a stroke of pure luck as per usual. Absolutely deserved nothing less than 3 points today but as usual those jammy *******s got their piece of luck.

Franck Stanton
26-10-2014, 03:36 PM
Wasn't expecting him to hold it but from that distance out I expect him to comfortably tip it over even allowing for any movement of the ball.

It's another Derby where Hibs have shot themselves in the foot by showing far too much respect to an inferior team! Until we are more ruthless and convert a higher percentage of the chances we create, nothing will change.

Don't think anyone can argue with that summing up. [however I am sure someone will be along any minute now to prove me wrong]

Waxy
26-10-2014, 03:40 PM
Well some club has to be the unluckiest club in the world.I reckon we're close to it.Time to get them rabbits feet out.

stanton_4
26-10-2014, 03:52 PM
Unless Oxley has developed go gadget arms he was never getting that. I've seen it from every available angle on TV and unless he is right under his bar he's never saving it.

emerald green
26-10-2014, 04:20 PM
It wasn't lucky. It was just reward for coming at us continually after going down to ten men. We threw it away. We gave them too much time and space in the middle of the park especially after the sending off. We only have ourselves to blame as far as I'm concerned.

The centre half could probably try that shot another hundred times from that distance and it probably wouldn't result in a goal. Coming as it did in time added on just makes it even harder to bear. Is that lucky? It's a matter of opinion, and doesn't really count for anything.

I agree with the bit in bold though. Hibs played well, lots of possession, showed the correct attitude, weren't bullied at all, were by far the better team, but failed yet again to make it count by putting away a series of excellent chances. That just makes it all the more frustrating and disappointing.

Hibs threw it away, and another priceless two points were squandered today. That's why Hibs are sitting where they are in the table, rather than possibly in second place tonight.

Sir David Gray
26-10-2014, 04:32 PM
Unless Oxley has developed go gadget arms he was never getting that. I've seen it from every available angle on TV and unless he is right under his bar he's never saving it.

I've only seen it once which was from my seat when I was watching it live and I don't need to see it again to know that the ball went to one of the only parts of the goal where it was pretty much impossible for Oxley to save it.

It's just one of those things, unfortunately. That ball could have been struck another 100 times and it wouldn't have gone anywhere near the goal.

Can't blame anyone for the goal today.

stanton_4
26-10-2014, 07:13 PM
The centre half could probably try that shot another hundred times from that distance and it probably wouldn't result in a goal. Coming as it did in time added on just makes it even harder to bear. Is that lucky? It's a matter of opinion, and doesn't really count for anything.

I agree with the bit in bold though. Hibs played well, lots of possession, showed the correct attitude, weren't bullied at all, were by far the better team, but failed yet again to make it count by putting away a series of excellent chances. That just makes it all the more frustrating and disappointing.

Hibs threw it away, and another priceless two points were squandered today. That's why Hibs are sitting where they are in the table, rather than possibly in second place tonight.

Agreed and that was the only way they were going to score today. A long range belter I mean. He saw his chance though, put his head down and put his foot right through it. That's not lucky in my opinion. That's taking your opportunity.

FinlayHibs
26-10-2014, 07:17 PM
Well some club has to be the unluckiest club in the world.I reckon we're close to it.Time to get them rabbits feet out.

Totally agree rabbits foot and a witch doctor ! What's with these lucky @@@@@

ancient hibee
26-10-2014, 07:20 PM
A more savvy player would have just given his jersey a tug as he set off over the half way line-we need to be more streetwise like their guy who took a booking but made sure he tripped Allan outside the box.

Carheenlea
26-10-2014, 07:31 PM
A freak goal more than a fluke goal.

Bottom line is it should have been no more than a consolation goal in a comfortable 4-5 goal margin in our favour