PDA

View Full Version : Hearts fans at end

dp00
26-10-2014, 02:38 PM
Tells you everything you need to know... They knew they got lucky

sleeping giant
26-10-2014, 02:40 PM
Lucky again eh? Who would have guessed ?
I am sick to the back teeth talking about luck.

Sir David Gray
26-10-2014, 02:45 PM
Lucky doesn't come even remotely close to accurately describe Hearts in derby games.

PeterboroHibee
26-10-2014, 02:46 PM
Id say it was less to do with their luck than our own stupidity. At home, 1-0 up against 10 men, and we sit back and invite the pressure on to us... In that situation Im looking for composure and a bit of ruthlessness from the players and manager.

green day
26-10-2014, 02:46 PM
Would we have celebrated less?

We need to focus less on them and dwell on the positives for us - of which there are many.

frazeHFC
26-10-2014, 02:48 PM
So jammy. For once in a derby we thoroughly deserved to win, and never threw it away as such. Took a wondergoal. Absolutely gutted.

Mr Grieves
26-10-2014, 02:49 PM
Id say it was less to do with their luck than our own stupidity. At home, 1-0 up against 10 men, and we sit back and invite the pressure on to us... In that situation Im looking for composure and a bit of ruthlessness from the players and manager.
Aye, we sat too deep and gave them too much space. Plus our strikers had to do better

California-Hibs
26-10-2014, 02:51 PM
They acted like that because they know to a man that we pumped them all over the pitch and they got incredibly lucky not to be exiting with a 1-0 full time score line.

Dashing Bob S
26-10-2014, 02:57 PM
Don't think they got lucky at all. They are on a decent run and the confidence that engenders encouraged them to dig deep with 10 men, and their player to try an outlandish strike that 49 out of 50 times would have ended in nothing. A mid table side short on confidence would have crumbled and their player would never have felt confident enough to strike the ball so cleanly and with such conviction.

I'm disappointed that we didn't get all three points, but we defended too deeply against 10 men, putting on pace and trying to hit them on the break. Nothing wrong with those tactics, they either work or they don't. In this case they rebounded on us. But you make that call, uncertain of the outcome. Stubbs was confident and thoughtful in making that decision, and better luck next time.

I was impressed with Hibs today, the improvement is continuing. Rather than moan about not winning a derby, I think we should be looking to get behind the team. I'm very encouraged by our recent form.

Pretty Boy
26-10-2014, 03:03 PM
If we had converted our possession and chances to goals then that strike wouldn't have mattered a jot.

We played well for 70 minutes today but the same failing that has cost us continually this season did so again.

It wasn't luck, we cut our own throats again.

Weststandwanab
26-10-2014, 03:07 PM
DB, you sound like a board member already !

But I think you are spot on !

Pete
26-10-2014, 03:11 PM
Hearts fans sarcastically shouting "hoof" when our keeper launched the ball. You couldn't make it up.

All they have are the two black boys in midfield. The rest of them are utter garbage.

They got out of jail again but we've more than enough to do them should we meet in the play offs.

.Sean.
26-10-2014, 03:19 PM
You make your own luck. We as good as bet ourselves. It certainly feels like a loss.

Gmack7
26-10-2014, 03:26 PM
Hearts fans were vermin at the end but they were vermin at the start aswell

erin go bragh
26-10-2014, 03:34 PM

This 100% .

Ggtth

SaulGoodman
26-10-2014, 03:35 PM
First I'd heard them all game.

stormchild
26-10-2014, 03:37 PM
Hearts fans were vermin at the end but they were vermin at the start aswell
They were giving it the 'we are ra people'. Waving union jacks and generally being ****. The likeness to their big cousins in the west is astounding.

hibsbollah
26-10-2014, 03:41 PM
They are the quietest fans in Scotland unless theyre winning. Not a peep from them till the 90th minute.

silverhibee
26-10-2014, 03:41 PM
If we had converted our possession and chances to goals then that strike wouldn't have mattered a jot.

We played well for 70 minutes today but the same failing that has cost us continually this season did so again.

Well said.

When will we f***ing learn.

CraigHibee
26-10-2014, 03:46 PM
Tells you everything you need to know... They knew they got lucky

celebrating a draw like they won...

and singing songs that only their west coast cousins would appreciate as well, ****my inbreds

26-10-2014, 03:46 PM
Never heard them all game apart from when they scored! More relief than anything else, they knew fine well they got lucky!

emerald green
26-10-2014, 03:52 PM

Well said.

When will we f***ing learn.

:agree: Both of the above. Been down this road so many times before.

After all these years you would think I'd be used to it by now, but today it was simply ridiculous that Hibs didn't win this match. Absolutely sickened.

The result will go down in the record books as another draw. Another derby that Hibs should have won by a country mile, but didn't.

sh00byd00
26-10-2014, 03:52 PM
To be fair to the Hearts players, their heads didn't go down once they were a goal and a man down. I kinda agree with someone further up, there was nothing lucky about it. These things happen when a team on the park still thinks they can get something out of the game. It was a sickner, but like they say, you play to the final whistle.

The Harp
26-10-2014, 03:57 PM

Yeah, we squandered a load of chances and invited them onto us late on when we should have finished the job. A great missed opportunity. It's all very well playing them off the park for long spells but they've left with a point which they scarcely deserved.
Have to say though if that was a shot from one of ours that hit the bar from that distance it would've stayed out.:confused:

sbell1875
26-10-2014, 05:07 PM
People can say we were sat too deep against 10 men but you need to remember they didn't change shape after the red.

They barely threatened the entire match so I'd say we got it almost 100% spot on tactically. The goal you simply can't legislate for. The boy has smashed it as hard as he could from 40 yards and its went in. On another day it would have belted on of the "specimens" in the crowd.

Ronniekirk
26-10-2014, 05:10 PM
:agree: Both of the above. Been down this road so many times before.

After all these years you would think I'd be used to it by now, but today it was simply ridiculous that Hibs didn't win this match. Absolutely sickened.

The result will go down in the record books as another draw. Another derby that Hibs should have won by a country mile, but didn't.
Tend to agree but there were loads of positives as well .However when you bring Harris kennedy and Stanton on none of whom have featured that much for first team they stuggle to hit the ground running and it was like we gave them back the ascendancy when all we had to do was keep composed and get the ball out wide and let Harris and kennedy run at them into the corners . Farid did it to perfection against Cowdenbeath ,and we held out comfortably but we were so disjointed after the subs ,Stanton struggled to get to a man and break up play and Harris just struggled full stop .
As I say there were lots of positives ,but have to agree we invited them on to us ,and they had nothing to loose .It does get frustrating when we can't see games out we deserve to win .

emerald green
26-10-2014, 05:18 PM
Tend to agree but there were loads of positives as well .However when you bring Harris kennedy and Stanton on none of whom have featured that much for first team they stuggle to hit the ground running and it was like we gave them back the ascendancy when all we had to do was keep composed and get the ball out wide and let Harris and kennedy run at them into the corners Farid did it to perfection against Cowdenbeath and we held out comfortably but we were so disjointed after the subs StNton struggled to get to a man and break up play and Harris just struggled full stop .
as I say there were lots of positives but have to agree we invited them on to us and they had nothing to loose .It does get frustrating when we can't see games out we deserve to win .

Absolutely agree there were lots of positives, and also I made that point too about composure after the match.

As a team, we just seem to lack that composure and know how (streetwise if you like) to see the game out. Especially disappointing as it was against 10 men.

matty_f
26-10-2014, 06:12 PM
People can say we were sat too deep against 10 men but you need to remember they didn't change shape after the red.

They barely threatened the entire match so I'd say we got it almost 100% spot on tactically. The goal you simply can't legislate for. The boy has smashed it as hard as he could from 40 yards and its went in. On another day it would have belted on of the "specimens" in the crowd.

Totally agree.

S.sct
26-10-2014, 06:17 PM

Bang on....you make your own luck. We looked like we went down to 10....then we did by bringing on wee Harris. Cant for the life of me understand that substitution....the composure left the park when Allan was hooked.....:confused:

erskine-hibby
26-10-2014, 06:51 PM

Yup and not closing down when they were on our half.

Jonnyboy
26-10-2014, 07:04 PM

Sorry but I disagree. They dropped Bauben deeper and pushed Ozturk forward into the midfield. Effectively they went to three at the back and we were then outnumbered in midfield which coupled with us dropping deeper allowed them to dictate the play

geordielad
26-10-2014, 07:04 PM
Hearts fans sarcastically shouting "hoof" when our keeper launched the ball. You couldn't make it up.

All they have are the two black boys in midfield. The rest of them are utter garbage.

They got out of jail again but we've more than enough to do them should we meet in the play offs.

R u for real?

hibby6270
26-10-2014, 07:08 PM

Absolutely agree.

Yeah we played really well today and deserved to get a victory but being a deserving cause doesn't bring home the bacon. Today proved that.

We tried to hold on to the win rather than going for the jugular. The substitutions didn't do any favours either. A bit of tactical naievety on Stubbs part IMHO.

Cabbage East
26-10-2014, 07:20 PM
R u for real?

Dunno but I am. Yous are pish. You were outplayed today.

Frazerbob
26-10-2014, 07:24 PM
Yet again dozens of them trying to get on the pitch when they scored. This happens every goal they score at ER without fail. Thankfully this time the police managed to blooter a few of them.

Pete
26-10-2014, 07:27 PM
R u for real?

lol

emerald green
26-10-2014, 07:30 PM
Yet again dozens of them trying to get on the pitch when they scored. This happens every goal they score at ER without fail. Thankfully this time the police managed to blooter a few of them.

By "blooter" them, do you mean knock f*** out of them with their batons? Either that, start arresting them.

Carry out any of those two options, and they will stay off the pitch. Guaranteed.

26-10-2014, 08:14 PM
Why do those vermin feel the need to try run on the pitch every single time? :confused:

Kato
26-10-2014, 08:16 PM
Why do those vermin feel the need to try run on the pitch every single time? :confused:

The crave the attention their mammy didn't give them.

SaulGoodman
26-10-2014, 08:20 PM
R u for real?

Yous are pish

geordielad
26-10-2014, 09:45 PM
Dunno but I am. Yous are pish. You were outplayed today.
So you are saying we "hibs" were outplayed today?

emerald green
27-10-2014, 02:46 PM

Because they know they can, and they will get away with it. Also, they do it to "stick it" to the Hibs supporters.

See my earlier post for a quick solution to this annoying problem.

Hermit Crab
27-10-2014, 03:42 PM
See they've released a short video of last minute goals against us. Seen it on facebook. Only going back about 12 years and there must be 10 goals on it. It's the never say die attitude I wish we had.

Flanny boy
27-10-2014, 05:00 PM
Cause they are total vermin :agree: