PDA

View Full Version : Midfield three

Leith Green
26-10-2014, 02:32 PM
Take a bow guys the 3 of them were excellent. Mcgeough, Allen, and Robertson ... Cant wait till Farid is back up front

JBloggs1875
26-10-2014, 02:33 PM
Outstanding from those three!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

California-Hibs
26-10-2014, 02:35 PM
They were all and I mean ALL an absolute joy to watch! I thought they'd maybe struggle abit up against Gomis and Buabin, but they completely outshined them!

The Tubs
26-10-2014, 02:35 PM
Agree 100%. Though I think farid might not be back till playoffs/next season.

I'd should also add the allan will be even more effective once he becomes fitter.

kevo1875
26-10-2014, 02:36 PM
A wee mention for Fontaine at the back thought he was solid

hibee_girl
26-10-2014, 02:36 PM
They were outstanding as was Gray.

Dinkydoo
26-10-2014, 02:38 PM
Robertson and McGeough were fantastic - and I've been critical of Robertson this season. McGeough was motm imo and didnt do much wrong all day. Great wee player.

I felt that Allan tried to over complicate things a bit - cutting back instead of shooting, turning instead of running - but its obvious he is a good player. I like him. With performances like that, at Ibrox and Livi, we'll likely go up this season. We're playing much better and the midfield is controlling games.

PeterboroHibee
26-10-2014, 02:43 PM
Take a bow guys the 3 of them were excellent. Mcgeough, Allen, and Robertson ... Cant wait till Farid is back up front

Agree with both parts. Midfield looks very good, and has a nice balance to it (which was lost when the subs were made). As for El Alagui, even though we are scoring more goals, we lack his quality and presence up front, so it will be a relief when he is back.

Bostonhibby
26-10-2014, 02:44 PM

:agree:

Boyle89
26-10-2014, 03:02 PM
We sat off at the end and allowed them too much space. Apart from that they were excellent. We must get mcgeouch on a permanant deal.

Aldo
26-10-2014, 03:07 PM
We sat off at the end and allowed them too much space. Apart from that they were excellent. We must get mcgeouch on a permanant deal.

We did but the front/wide players needed to get in about the boy before he hit it.

gaz1875
26-10-2014, 03:08 PM

Spot on, we brought on 3 subs and none of them closed down the centre half for the goal; apart from that in the first half some of the play was superb :flag:

lucky
26-10-2014, 03:08 PM
Robertson tackles a lot but generally does not do a lot with the ball. Today was his best game in a long time. But as well as the 3 of them played today the midfield sat too deep at the end. We desperately need more quality up front

sesoim
26-10-2014, 03:13 PM
Allan had a couple of chances to shoot in quick succession and both times opted to pass (a problem a few of our players have), but he was very good otherwise. I'm a big fan of McGeoch - we could have done with someone like him for the last few years.

Brightside
26-10-2014, 03:19 PM
all 4 in Midfield were top class today. we lost our shape big time when we had to change it.

marleyhib
26-10-2014, 03:30 PM
I think mcgeouch is the best midfielder we have had in a long time. Very encouraged by recent performances, bit gutted about the result today but would have been more gutted to get beat.

J-C
26-10-2014, 03:44 PM
Funny how Robertson has come on to a game ever since Craig was dropped in favour of the 2 younger attacking midfielders, their energy has rubbed off on him and he's showing the Robertson I remember fron Dundee U, direct and full of energy, take a bow the 3 of them and fingers crossed they stay fit.

Leith Green
26-10-2014, 04:19 PM
Robertson tackles a lot but generally does not do a lot with the ball. Today was his best game in a long time. But as well as the 3 of them played today the midfield sat too deep at the end. We desperately need more quality up front

Its the most up for it , ive seen a Hibs side in a derby for a while.. I just feel that in Malonga and Handling we were carrying 2 passengers at times today, i dont want to be too negative but if Farid had been playing i think we would have won by a couple of goals.. I just think Malonga and Handling let us down today

Ricky Bobby
26-10-2014, 04:23 PM
Been hearing from hearts punters how great their midfield has been since the start of the season, but they were second best all day against our boys. A terrific display from them all. Also Stubbs has to take great credit, as it cant have been an easy decision to drop your captain
against Livi and have the balls to play the same side against 'the best side in the league'. Very encouraging signs.

:flag:

Stax
26-10-2014, 04:31 PM
Ive lost count of the times I've come away from a derby wishing we'd just bully & boss the midfield. Today wasn't one, we dominated them, we just didn't put our chances away.

cabbageandribs1875
26-10-2014, 04:35 PM
how long has Dylan got left on his contract with sellick ? get the boy signed up long-term please

Ricky Bobby
26-10-2014, 04:40 PM
how long has Dylan got left on his contract with sellick ? get the boy signed up long-term please

100% correct, lets make an offer before his loan runs out and we miss out, as per

NAE NOOKIE
26-10-2014, 05:34 PM
The midfield were excellent against Livvi and carried it on to today .... Robertson, McGeough and Allan were top class and added to that hats off to Gray and Fontain who both had very good games.

If we can get to the play offs with those 3 at peak fitness and get El Alagui fit before then we have a real shot.

Bobby's Cinema
26-10-2014, 05:52 PM
The style of football is much much better and it suits. Allan strolled it at times, Robertson had arguably his best game in ages and McGeogh offers the aggression we've been crying out for for a long long time. Better :agree:

Leith Green
26-10-2014, 05:56 PM
At times today Mceough reminded me of Scott Brown when he was at Hibs..

matty_f
26-10-2014, 06:10 PM
The three of them were outstanding. Totally dominated the middle of the park and dictated the pace of the game.

J-C
26-10-2014, 06:17 PM
100% correct, lets make an offer before his loan runs out and we miss out, as per

Pretty sure he was given just an extra year by Celtic, we have him for full season so could make an offer of a contract in January.

Sir David Gray
26-10-2014, 06:33 PM

Apparently his contract is up in the summer.

Swedish hibee
26-10-2014, 07:09 PM
A wee mention for Fontaine at the back thought he was solid

:agree:

Nomeancity
26-10-2014, 07:12 PM
At times today Mceough reminded me of Scott Brown when he was at Hibs..

Totally agree and more mature with it. He was man of the match for me, although Allan ran him a close second. We've still got our faults, but I was pleased to see that I thought we bossed the game for once.

oh and I don't go every week so please totally disregard my comments as they don't count.

Vault Boy
26-10-2014, 07:23 PM
All three were excellent and certainly seem to be playing with a great deal more purpose and confidence, each player knows what they are meant to be doing and performed admirably today. Keeping hold of Dylan should be a top priority if his level of performance stays this high, if the player is interested in staying come the end of his contract with Celtic, Hibs will presumably look to secure his services longer term. Good to see Robertson returning to his best for us, and Allan keeps getting better. Losing the goal so late was gut wrenching but it certainly doesn't undermine the performances put in by these guys (and many others in the team).

Swedish hibee
26-10-2014, 10:02 PM
Dylan can't get in the current celtic team?? :confused:

cabbageandribs1875
26-10-2014, 11:23 PM
Apparently his contract is up in the summer.

good, some players on loan can use the loan period as a wee holiday, whereas McGeouch is grabbing the opportunity with both hands(and legs), he didn't get much of a chance/time on loan at coventry, he's got something to prove and that's the type of player i want at ER :agree: preferably on a full contract

next, what's the situ with scott allan ? i'm totally out of touch with all the loan deals we done pre-season

JoeT_WasTheBest
26-10-2014, 11:29 PM
good, some players on loan can use the loan period as a wee holiday, whereas McGeouch is grabbing the opportunity with both hands(and legs), he didn't get much of a chance/time on loan at coventry, he's got something to prove and that's the type of player i want at ER :agree: preferably on a full contract

next, what's the situ with scott allan ? i'm totally out of touch with all the loan deals we done pre-season

Scott Allan was signed up on a two year deal I think.

cabbageandribs1875
26-10-2014, 11:31 PM
Scott Allan was signed up on a two year deal I think.

excellent ta :thumbsup:

southern hibby
27-10-2014, 02:21 AM
Maybe just me but i thought Allen could have used Lewis more, especially as Lewis was getting space to go into I'n the first half.
However that said it looks like our midfield have started to have a very very good understanding, appreciation and fight that we have been lacking for a long while.

GGTTH

Roxyhibee
27-10-2014, 08:10 AM
Thought McGeouch gave the best 90 minutes i've seen in a Hibs jersey for at least 5 years. And the best individual derby performance I've seen for many a year. He is potentially a top player and gave me some pride I haven't felt for a long time. Great performance from Allan too but agree he tended to hang onto the ball just a few seconds too long when a pass would have better. Some excellent performances throughout the team but the choice of subs were a major mistake from Stubbs and weakened us. What on earth was he thinking of bringing in 3 laddies on, whose form is not great just now, to see out a game like that..??

J-C
27-10-2014, 09:13 AM
Maybe just me but i thought Allen could have used Lewis more, especially as Lewis was getting space to go into I'n the first half.
However that said it looks like our midfield have started to have a very very good understanding, appreciation and fight that we have been lacking for a long while.

GGTTH

Not just you, I was shouting at the telly in the 1st half for the ball to go left to Lewis who had bags of space but Allan kept going back inside, maybe being right footed it's his natural thoguht to go right and a left footed midfielder might suit better.

Leith Green
27-10-2014, 10:06 AM
Not just you, I was shouting at the telly in the 1st half for the ball to go left to Lewis who had bags of space but Allan kept going back inside, maybe being right footed it's his natural thoguht to go right and a left footed midfielder might suit better.

Maybe there was a big defender just out of camera shot??

TheFamous1875
27-10-2014, 10:50 AM

There wisnae! I was in the East and Stevenson was in loads of space a lot of the time and Allan missed him every time. Very frustrating. Allan had a good game, but things like that let him down. If you're a ball-playing CM, use all the options at your disposal. Stevenson was the best option countless times and was getting frustrated at being ignored by Allan.

number9dream
27-10-2014, 10:54 AM

GGTTH

With the 'diamond' being a narrower formation, could Stanton do a job on the left, allowing Allan or McGeouch to play at the tip or does Stubbs give Handling more time in behind the strikers?
We're still not there yet in the final third...

McIntosh
27-10-2014, 11:09 AM
midfield quartet excellent - team clearly moving in the right direction. Sweet passing and movement - the hibs way.

truehibernian
27-10-2014, 11:22 AM
Thought McGeouch gave the best 90 minutes i've seen in a Hibs jersey for at least 5 years. And the best individual derby performance I've seen for many a year. He is potentially a top player and gave me some pride I haven't felt for a long time. Great performance from Allan too but agree he tended to hang onto the ball just a few seconds too long when a pass would have better. Some excellent performances throughout the team but the choice of subs were a major mistake from Stubbs and weakened us. What on earth was he thinking of bringing in 3 laddies on, whose form is not great just now, to see out a game like that..??

I'd agree with that - what we have this season as well though is pace. The passing is quicker and crisper the last few games and there are some intelligent footballers in the side. Take Gray for example - leader, vocal, terrific engine, but isn't wasteful in his passing - he's been coached well. Lewis on the other flank, for me, is playing the best football of his career - but I've always maintained he's one of the most comfortable in possession at the football club and like Gray, isn't wasteful with the ball.

We looked a team that's beginning to gel - I like that.

Cropley10
27-10-2014, 12:27 PM
I'd agree with that - what we have this season as well though is pace. The passing is quicker and crisper the last few games and there are some intelligent footballers in the side. Take Gray for example - leader, vocal, terrific engine, but isn't wasteful in his passing - he's been coached well. Lewis on the other flank, for me, is playing the best football of his career - but I've always maintained he's one of the most comfortable in possession at the football club and like Gray, isn't wasteful with the ball.

We looked a team that's beginning to gel - I like that.

Agree. Gray is a players player. Technically very good and is getting better every game.

Hate to say it but our problems are up top. Not clinical, not instinctive but that's a reflection on where we are right now.

Sent from a phone

J-C
27-10-2014, 07:59 PM

And what kind of camera shots do you think we see on telly, the kind where Stevenson was in acres of space time and time again and Allan chose to play the ball inside, I even shouted at the telly a couple of times because it was frustrating the hell out of me.

jamieross
27-10-2014, 10:41 PM

GGTTH
I thought the same, might improve as their working relationship on that side improves hopefully.

B.H.F.C
27-10-2014, 10:51 PM
Agree. Gray is a players player. Technically very good and is getting better every game.

Hate to say it but our problems are up top. Not clinical, not instinctive but that's a reflection on where we are right now.

Sent from a phone

I agree about our problems being up top. Goals will get us closer to the top of the league, not so much clean sheets although they are nice as well. Can argue Malonga is scoring at a good rate. But I don't think our front two and Handling did enough in open play yesterday. They were shaky at the back and we never put enough pressure on them. Thee is just a wee spark missing for me.

Equally, I think Allan and McGeough need to look to start chipping in with goals. They both have good quality, 5 or 6 goals each between now and the end of the season should be the minimum target IMO.

jamieross
27-10-2014, 11:08 PM
I agree about our problems being up top. Goals will get us closer to the top of the league, not so much clean sheets although they are nice as well. Can argue Malonga is scoring at a good rate. But I don't think our front two and Handling did enough in open play yesterday. They were shaky at the back and we never put enough pressure on them. Thee is just a wee Sparky missing for me.

Equally, I think Allan and McGeough need to look to start chipping in with goals. They both have good quality, 5 or 6 goals each between now and the end of the season should be the minimum target IMO.

:aok:

Alex Trager
28-10-2014, 07:51 AM
Thought Robertson was the best I've seen him in a Hibs shirt on Sunday. Really was.
The other two were superb also. Have Gomes and bauben found out their pockets yet?