PDA

View Full Version : Keep Playing

Torto7062
26-10-2014, 01:30 PM
Keep playing like that and we will be ok this season.

Scott Allan well played

green day
26-10-2014, 01:32 PM

Scott Allan well played

Agreed. Playoff spot minimum if we keep the form. All savilles I know are pretty impressed with us - takes something for them to say that

Kato
26-10-2014, 01:36 PM

Scott Allan well played

Agreed. Looking forward to seeing who we get in January. We were never going to come flying out the traps given Stubbs' timescale. Slowly but surely however we are developing into a team that looks like they want to play for the jersey, just need to add some resilience and experience in midfield. Please sign a leader.

Baader
26-10-2014, 01:46 PM
Played well. Keep that level and well be okay

Torto7062
26-10-2014, 09:05 PM
We should try sign Dylan McGeough now

rcarter1
26-10-2014, 09:31 PM
Great first half, and proud as punch that we gave them a torrid time. Watching the last 30 minutes however could be used to point out the dangers of getting too deep. Particularly after the sending off. Its something the whole team need to be aware of, and remind each other of. As much as we were the better side over all, we definitely let them on to us for the latter part of the game. Fine if we are 3-0 up, not so much at 1-0.

Onwards and upwards..

Thecat23
26-10-2014, 09:35 PM
You know what I wrote us off big time after losing so much ground. But I think if we make the play offs we could beat them. I say this as I still think the Rangers will come good and win the league at the death.

Imagine finishing 3rd or 4th and Hearts losing the title at the death. They would fold big time after that. So could there really be a repeat of 86 on the cards?? Time will tell! 😉

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IberianHibernian
26-10-2014, 09:37 PM
Agreed. Looking forward to seeing who we get in January. We were never going to come flying out the traps given Stubbs' timescale. Slowly but surely however we are developing into a team that looks like they want to play for the jersey, just need to add some resilience and experience in midfield. Please sign a leader.Agree about January but a lot could depend on results on Wednesday and in SC in November - how much money we have to sign players and if players will want to sign for a team fighting for 3rd/4th especially if not in cups too .

rcarter1
26-10-2014, 09:51 PM
You know what I wrote us off big time after losing so much ground. But I think if we make the play offs we could beat them. I say this as I still think the Rangers will come good and win the league at the death.

Imagine finishing 3rd or 4th and Hearts losing the title at the death. They would fold big time after that. So could there really be a repeat of 86 on the cards?? Time will tell! 

Anyone is capable of folding at any stage. Heck wouldn't it be rich for us to beat QOS/other and then Hearts in a playoff only to lose to Ross County/St Mirren.

The thing that is 'pleasing' :jamboclow is that Hearts have got the taste for automatic promotion. Being dragged into the playoff lottery with us won't be fun for them. On the other hand automatic promotion for us would be some kind of surreal miracle.. :dizzy:

Thecat23
26-10-2014, 09:53 PM
Anyone is capable of folding at any stage. Heck wouldn't it be rich for us to beat QOS/other and then Hearts in a playoff only to lose to Ross County/St Mirren.

The thing that is 'pleasing' :jamboclow is that Hearts have got the taste for automatic promotion. Being dragged into the playoff lottery with us won't be fun for them. On the other hand automatic promotion for us would be some kind of surreal miracle.. :dizzy:

True any team could. I think we hit rock bottom myself and can now only get better. We will still lose the odd game but I feel more confident in how we are playing. Shame Farid is still out because he would be a huge player.

I have to admit it would be our luck to win a play off against them to then lose to say Ross County. It's the Hibs way 😩

rcarter1
26-10-2014, 10:10 PM
True any team could. I think we hit rock bottom myself and can now only get better. We will still lose the odd game but I feel more confident in how we are playing. Shame Farid is still out because he would be a huge player.

I have to admit it would be our luck to win a play off against them to then lose to say Ross County. It's the Hibs way 

As silly as it sounds, I wouldn't feel 'quite' so bad, if we had consigned 'the unbelievables' to another season by then.

Glesgahibby
27-10-2014, 06:36 AM
Better team by a mile yesterday.
We can only get better as a team/squad.
We will strengthen again in January.
There discipline/injury tally will kick in soon.
They won't strengthen in January.
A victory yesterday would have went a long way(of course) but the performance especially in a derby was very pleasing.
If we keep playing this way and take more of our chances in front of goal?
We will close the gap:agree:

Keith_M
27-10-2014, 06:43 AM
What we need to do now is start getting wins agains the likes of Dumbarton, Raith, QOS, et al.

Last week's result again Livi was a start, we now just need to make that a regular occurence.

Hibby70
27-10-2014, 06:51 AM
The next six league games should give us the opportunity to build on some really good performances. I'd hope that we can somehow pull back at least a few points on the teams above just in time for us playing both sectarian clubs.

The pressure should start to mount if either or both of them start to lose a few games.

In reality I think the gap is too wide to be able to catch both of them though but would fancy our chances in the playoffs.

It's going to be some league.

Glesgahibby
27-10-2014, 07:14 AM
The next six league games should give us the opportunity to build on some really good performances. I'd hope that we can somehow pull back at least a few points on the teams above just in time for us playing both sectarian clubs.

The pressure should start to mount if either or both of them start to lose a few games.

In reality I think the gap is too wide to be able to catch both of them though but would fancy our chances in the playoffs.

It's going to be some league.
Down to single points before the new year derby was my thinking before yesterday.
had we got the victory yesterday I would have fancied our chances but not so much now.
all we can do is keep improving and go on a decent run.

sahib
27-10-2014, 07:22 AM
We should try sign Dylan McGeough now

Celtic are not daft. They will be well aware of his good form and I bet they will take him back.