PDA

View Full Version : Why?

LaMotta
26-10-2014, 01:20 PM
Why did scott allan get taken off when he was ripping them apart?

Why did Malionga not challenge the keeper before there goal and then just stand on the bye line with his head in his hands?

Why have we outplayed Hearts for the umpteenth time in my life and been kicked in the balls again by those jammy *****?

NorthNorfolkHFC
26-10-2014, 01:25 PM
Scott Allan got taken off because he was shattered.

He was outstanding but ran himself into the ground.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

R'Albin
26-10-2014, 01:26 PM

:agree:

dunedinhibs
26-10-2014, 01:28 PM
Its heartbreaking stuff but at the end of the day it was a wonder goal and there is nothing we could have done about it. We had a fantastic game, even though it feels like a defeat im confident were heading in the right direction.Lets not point fingers lets appreciate the players and manager for a wonderful performance and move on.

:gwa:

RCNG
26-10-2014, 01:29 PM
A bigger crowd may have made all the difference.

Nameless
26-10-2014, 01:32 PM

How?

kevo1875
26-10-2014, 01:33 PM
The team played well today especially first half..they gave everything they had..at times first half u could have thought it was hibs that was the championship leaders.Scott Allan and Dylan with Fontaine a rock at the back

green day
26-10-2014, 01:33 PM
Its heartbreaking stuff but at the end of the day it was a wonder goal and there is nothing we could have done about it. We had a fantastic game, even though it feels like a defeat im confident were heading in the right direction.Lets not point fingers lets appreciate the players and manager for a wonderful performance and move on.

This

tamig
26-10-2014, 01:34 PM

Never thought of that one right enough. Makes sense.

HibeeDave
26-10-2014, 01:34 PM
Oxley not wasting time might have made the difference

overdrive
26-10-2014, 01:35 PM

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

I think he was injured. When he came out at the end his calf was strapped up.

hibee_girl

:agree:

andy1875
I've seen a few folk already making reference to us "playing them off the park"

We played well for spells and there is a clear improvement from last season.

McGeouch and Allan are getting better every week.

BUT

Hearts played well second half and we didn't trouble Alexander enough.

1-1 probably not that unfair a result to be honest.

Doesn't numb the feeling of being robbed but only down to the timing of the goal. A screamer to be honest.

On the plus side, if it's Hearts, Rangers, QOTS or Falkirk in playoffs with us. We have nowt to fear, we've proven we're equally as good as any of they sides, if not better.

Onwards and upwards.

green day
26-10-2014, 01:37 PM

BUT

Doesn't numb the feeling of being robbed but only down to the timing of the goal. A screamer to be honest.

On the plus side, if it's Hearts, Rangers, QOTS or Falkirk in playoffs with us. We have nowt to fear, we've proven we're equally as good as any of they sides, if not better.

Onwards and upwards.

Wowser, a sensible post. Wait an hour or so and the "we have a ***** mentality" crew will hit this thread!!

Tough one to take, but IMO we are playoff material minimum. Can't see us making up gap for auto promo,but you never know.

Mr Grieves
26-10-2014, 01:40 PM
Aye, a few thousand extra could've blown ozturk's shot off target

cleanyman
26-10-2014, 01:42 PM
A draw was a fair result in the end.

Giving Hearts so much space when they went down to ten was criminal though.

Fat Boab
26-10-2014, 01:51 PM

BUT

Onwards and upwards.

100%:wink:

lucky
26-10-2014, 01:57 PM

Why did Malionga not challenge the keeper before there goal and then just stand on the bye line with his head in his hands?

Why have we outplayed Hearts for the umpteenth time in my life and been kicked in the balls again by those jammy *****?

I blame Malonga for their goal. He should have put a challenge in on the keeper then compounded it by his failure to run back with the centre half

LaMotta
26-10-2014, 01:59 PM
I blame Malonga for their goal. He should have put a challenge in on the keeper then compounded it by his failure to run back with the centre half

Shocking attitude he has.

skipster7
26-10-2014, 02:00 PM
Letting Hearts play out from the back with 10 men was shocking tbh. We could and should have pushed them right up the park. One in a million strike right enough butcant help feeling we asked for it.

Brightside
26-10-2014, 02:04 PM
Hibs were great all over the park today......much better than hearts in every area. Wonder strike from the lad to snatch a draw. Only thing that disappointed me was the work rate of Kennedy when he came on, and id have left JC on and taken off Malonga. But to be clear WE are the best team in the league!

neil7908
26-10-2014, 02:11 PM
A draw was a fair result in the end.

Giving Hearts so much space when they went down to ten was criminal though.

Agreed. Performance was good overall but should have been 3-0 up at half time. Losing a last minute goal to 10 men is gut wrenching. I'm just so tired of our failure against them time and time again that nothing short of winning matters to me anymore

GreenLake
26-10-2014, 02:11 PM
If they are winning this league then I have to suspect match fixing or some voodoo black magic jedi mind tricking. They are as poor a Hearts team as I have seen and other teams must be lying down for them.

sesoim
26-10-2014, 02:19 PM

Malonga is as lazy as hell. Couple that with the passenger that is Handling, and we were effectively playing with nine men at times, yet we still should have won by a couple of goals. We don't have a chance in hell of winning the league, but if we can get another signing or two in, and get El Agui fit, we are capable of beating anyone in the play-offs.....as long as we don't get Hearts :brickwall.

eastterrace
26-10-2014, 02:20 PM
If they are winning this league then I have to suspect match fixing or some voodoo black magic jedi mind tricking. They are as poor a Hearts team as I have seen and other teams must be lying down for them.

wouldnt say they are the poorest hearts team ive seen , they are big and strong but a few injuries and they will hit a slump.

SaulGoodman
26-10-2014, 02:21 PM
Malonga is as lazy as hell. Couple that with the passenger that is Handling, and we were effectively playing with nine men at times, yet we still should have won by a couple of goals. We don't have a chance in hell of winning the league, but if we can get another signing or two in, and get El Agui fit, we are capable of beating anyone in the play-offs.....as long as we don't get Hearts :brickwall.

You do realise we drew aye?

Brightside

If you think Handling was a passenger you know zero about football.

SaulGoodman

Like the Hamilton game?

Or the Malmo game?

The Harp Awakes
26-10-2014, 02:22 PM

BUT

Onwards and upwards.

Totally agree with that. We've played both Sevco and Hearts twice now and we've nothing to fear. If we get into a play off place we have every chance of promotion.

erin go bragh
26-10-2014, 02:29 PM

How ? They scored 70 seconds into injury time . What cost us was not taking our chances , then backing off when their player should have been tackled . We also played better when they had 11 players on the park .

Ggtth

lucky
26-10-2014, 02:30 PM
I think we are the best side in the league but we need to be more ruthless when we are in front. Not sure I understand Stubbs substitutions today. Why did he change the shape of the midfield. But our real problems are up front Cummings is not good enough and Malonga is just lazy.

silverhibee
26-10-2014, 02:35 PM
Hibs were great all over the park today......much better than hearts in every area. Wonder strike from the lad to snatch a draw. Only thing that disappointed me was the work rate of Kennedy when he came on, and id have left JC on and taken off Malonga. But to be clear WE are the best team in the league!

Stop talking nonsense eh, if we were the best team in the league we would be top of the table, as it happens we aren't so we are far from the best team in the league.

silverhibee
26-10-2014, 02:38 PM

Says the guy who thinks we are the best team in the league, what do you no about football with that ridiculous statement.

emerald green
26-10-2014, 02:38 PM

:agree: He was certainly partly to blame, but with an extra man the Hearts player should still have been challenged, tackled, closed down, something, rather than being allowed to stroll forward and get his shot away. Hibs just seemed to switch off.

I've not seen their goal on TV, but am I alone in thinking that Oxley should have got hands on the ball and pushed or knocked it over the crossbar?

It's all ifs and buts anyway. If Hibs had taken even two or three of several excellent scoring chances Hearts goal wouldn't have mattered. Failure to put the ball in the back of the net is costing Hibs very dearly.

Brightside
26-10-2014, 02:43 PM
Says the guy who thinks we are the best team in the league, what do you no about football with that ridiculous statement.

We are the best team in the league... 100% think that.

carnoustiehibee
26-10-2014, 02:44 PM

Says the guy who thinks Paul "misjudged by" Hanlon should be in the premiership and Goodwillie has been brilliant for Aberdeen. handling didn't have the best of games and I still can't see what he bring to the team

Matty_Jack04
26-10-2014, 02:50 PM
Says the guy who thinks Paul "misjudged by" Hanlon should be in the premiership and Goodwillie has been brilliant for Aberdeen. handling didn't have the best of games and I still can't see what he bring to the team

Handling linked up well with the front 2 in the first half I thought, being a little harsh on him IMO

Alfred E Newman
26-10-2014, 02:52 PM
Malonga should have challenged the keeper even if it meant a free kick. Ambling back into his own half didn't help either. Never seen such a disinterested player.

Heisenberg
26-10-2014, 02:57 PM
Handling was knackered about 10 minutes into the second half. He really needs to improve his fitness levels.

Brightside
26-10-2014, 03:03 PM

ive never mentioned goodwillie.
Hanlon made one minor error today. But lets ignore how he bossed the game again.
Handling did his job 100% as per the managers instructions.

Our "fans" are staggering.

AlbertK86
26-10-2014, 03:06 PM
Absolutely gutted at losing late goal but it was coming as we were really guilty of not closing them down especially after they went down to 10 men

However the progress is there.

Thought we played them off the park

Allan and McGeogh are fantastic players and if we can get a Claros type player in beside them they will flourish even more

Hopefully Farid back in the new year as convinced if he'd been playing today we'd have scored a fair few today

Let's back Stubbs and the team

Hertz arenae great and if they lose Bauben or gomis for any length of time they'll struggle ... Hopefully

GGTTH

silverhibee
26-10-2014, 03:06 PM
Totally agree with that. We've played both Sevco and Hearts twice now and we've nothing to fear. If we get into a play off place we have every chance of promotion.

Won 1
Drawn 1
Lost 2

Not as confident as you, folk on here saying we will get better as the season goes on, surely that will apply to the big and wee huns as well, if we got the the yams in the play offs then there is only one outcome really, we stay in this league for another season.

SaulGoodman
26-10-2014, 03:12 PM
Won 1
Drawn 1
Lost 2

Not as confident as you, folk on here saying we will get better as the season goes on, surely that will apply to the big and wee huns as well, if we got the the yams in the play offs then there is only one outcome really, we stay in this league for another season.

Self defeatist attitudes aren't going to help.

silverhibee
26-10-2014, 03:15 PM
Malonga should have challenged the keeper even if it meant a free kick. Ambling back into his own half didn't help either. Never seen such a disinterested player.

He was like that in the first 5 minutes of the game, Cummings should have been screaming at him to move his arse and close things down a bit quicker, or our captain having a good word with him about helping his team mates out up front.

silverhibee
26-10-2014, 03:18 PM
Hanlon made one minor error today. But lets ignore how he bossed the game again.

You in the changing room before the game as well, what were the instructions Handling was told by the manager.

Crammond Hibee
26-10-2014, 03:28 PM
You in the changing room before the game as well, what were the instructions Handling was told by the manager.

Obviously to mark Prince Bauben which he did effectively and to contribute to Hibs Going forward.

silverhibee
26-10-2014, 03:30 PM

Why does our league position not show that.

B.H.F.C
26-10-2014, 03:32 PM

Could you please explain why we are miles off the pace then?

silverhibee
26-10-2014, 03:32 PM

That's right, blame the fans.

Your the one making the stupid comments.

silverhibee
26-10-2014, 03:34 PM
Self defeatist attitudes aren't going to help.

Are the stats wrong.

familyman
26-10-2014, 03:37 PM

Seems to lack any true conviction and appears lazy when off the ball...if he tries to recover a ball and does not do so ,he just gives up...needs a shake up call!!!
Why did we not adopt better tactical subs when Hearst down to 10 men, two lightweights coming on show at that point we were tactically inept..shame as the players up till then had impressed..so down to Stubbs inexperience I suggest.

brog
26-10-2014, 03:46 PM

Stop talking nonsense eh, if we were the best team in the league we would be top of the table, as it happens we aren't so we are far from the best team in the league.

Does that mean Hamilton are the best team in the top division Silver? I'd be prepared to give you some healthy odds! :wink:

Stax
26-10-2014, 03:55 PM
Seems to lack any true conviction and appears lazy when off the ball...if he tries to recover a ball and does not do so ,he just gives up...needs a shake up call!!!
Why did we not adopt better tactical subs when Hearst down to 10 men, two lightweights coming on show at that point we were tactically inept..shame as the players up till then had impressed..so down to Stubbs inexperience I suggest.
Tucked one into the top of the net today today lazy or not. Collins used to run himself into the ground and "work hard" but we've seen what he did with similar chances in front of goal. fwiw I think malonga does look a bit "relaxed" but as you say the substitutions affected the game more than his willingness to close down.

PeeJay
26-10-2014, 03:57 PM

BUT

Onwards and upwards.

Decent points, but our problem remains the old problem that still has to be addressed: we can't score goals from the few "chances" we make. I also think team fitness (some) is perhaps an issue or maybe one or two of them are just lazy and not prepared to work hard enough. I don't think the team worked hard enough in the 2nd half, we stood off them far too often and let ourselves be pressed further and further back - their goal was superb, lucky, or whatever but not surprising in the least. In the 2nd half, we didn't trouble their keeper and that's poor at home. We're obviously not clever enough or not coached well enough to take advantage of being 1 goal up and 1 man more on the park. So, I don't quite share your confidence. 2 points given away - disappointing result. We needed to win today... nothing good about the result really.

silverhibee
26-10-2014, 03:59 PM
Obviously to mark Prince Bauben which he did effectively and to contribute to Hibs Going forward.

Don't think he done it effectively but he did have a decent game, Bauben done okay as well and found some space for his self too, so Danny wasn't being effective enough.

Robinho08
26-10-2014, 04:01 PM

This!

silverhibee
26-10-2014, 04:03 PM
Does that mean Hamilton are the best team in the top division Silver? I'd be prepared to give you some healthy odds! :wink:

Yes. They are top of the league, so right now they are the best team in the league.

To say Hibs are the best team in this league is just being silly.

Brightside
26-10-2014, 04:11 PM
Yes. They are top of the league, so right now they are the best team in the league.

:confused: Yep Hamilton are the best team in the League!!

bigwheel
26-10-2014, 04:20 PM

We were months behind our prep for this season than Hearts and Rangers and it has shown in our results so far. Are you suggesting that Rangers or Hearts are a cut above us these days ??

silverhibee
26-10-2014, 04:21 PM
:confused: Yep Hamilton are the best team in the League!!

Where are they in the league.

NAE NOOKIE
26-10-2014, 04:21 PM
Thats as well as I've seen Hibs play in a derby for a good while. We were on top for a large part of the game, them going down to 10 men didn't do us any favours IMO we seemed to give up the midfield at that point. The goal they scored was just one of those blooter it and hope it goes in type.

The only criticism I would aim at the team is that once again we didn't make enough of our chances. I am at a loss to see how the Yams have scored as many as they have, I thought we handled them pretty comfortably.

If we can play like that most weeks we will be in the play offs with a real chance IMO .... Yes there are things we could have and can do better, but after watching us today I'm far from downhearted.

NOLA
26-10-2014, 05:09 PM

😈

Brightside
26-10-2014, 05:24 PM
Where are they in the league.

Ok Silver...

Tyler Durden
26-10-2014, 05:47 PM

Does anyone on this board put any credence in what you say? No, didn't think so.

Handling was poor. Hanlon was badly at fault for the first half chance he gave to Hearts.

Hibs drew and therefore deserve next to no credit. There's some very positive signs for us. Doesn't make us best team. I'm sure Stubbs knows that, shame you don't

hibby6270
26-10-2014, 06:11 PM
Absolutely agree.

Yeah we played really well today and deserved to get a victory but being a deserving cause doesn't bring home the bacon. Today proved that.

We tried to hold on to the win rather than going for the jugular. The substitutions didn't do any favours either. A bit of tactical naievety on Stubbs part IMHO.

Brightside
26-10-2014, 06:12 PM
Does anyone on this board put any credence in what you say? No, didn't think so.

Handling was poor. Hanlon was badly at fault for the first half chance he gave to Hearts.

Hibs drew and therefore deserve next to no credit. There's some very positive signs for us. Doesn't make us best team. I'm sure Stubbs knows that, shame you don't

Aye very good. Probably best just to have the board full of posts slagging of the players every week. Keep up the good work. :top marks

Tyler Durden
26-10-2014, 06:19 PM
Aye very good. Probably best just to have the board full of posts slagging of the players every week. Keep up the good work. :top marks

I've not slated anyone.

What was your assessment of the game? An honest review would be better than nonsense about Hanlon being excellent or Hibs being best team in the league.

It's not negative for me to give a view which is Danny Handling was average again. He's had several derbies now and made little impact. We need results, not promise and I'm as optimistic as anuone.

Today taught me that McGeouch and Allan were class, too many team mates failed to match their standards

Brightside
26-10-2014, 06:32 PM
I've not slated anyone.

What was your assessment of the game? An honest review would be better than nonsense about Hanlon being excellent or Hibs being best team in the league.

It's not negative for me to give a view which is Danny Handling was average again. He's had several derbies now and made little impact. We need results, not promise and I'm as optimistic as anuone.

Today taught me that McGeouch and Allan were class, too many team mates failed to match their standards

We controlled the midfield through the hard work of all 4 players. The diamond works well.

We lost the win when we changed that shape. We started losing the ball almost right after handing and allan went off. Handling did well closing down players (apart from one point in the 2nd half when he lost his man) and providing the link between the mid and fw line. McGeouch and Allan are given more freedom in the diamond. But Danny and Robertson have a much more strict role to carry out.

Hanlon had one mistake.... but away from that he had a strong game. As did the rest of the defence.

Personally id have taken Malonga off rather than Cummings as Jason still tries harder. I'm concerned about the fitness of Kennedy as he appeared to be out of breath after 5 mins on the park.

Its 2 pts lost but again we were the best team on the park. We were the best team on the park v Rangers also. I think we are getting better as the season moves on. Hence my comment about us being the best in the league.

BoomtownHibees
26-10-2014, 06:39 PM

Yet 14 points behind? Strange that

Tyler Durden
26-10-2014, 06:43 PM
I actually agree with last paragraph but we need to win.

I disagree about Robertson and Handling though, they need to produce more or they need replaced. Handling deserves more leeway but he needs to wake up IMO!

One big issue today was that both Malinga and Cummings deserved to be subbed but what did we have....Heff?! Stubbs needs time

R'Albin
26-10-2014, 06:49 PM
We controlled the midfield through the hard work of all 4 players. The diamond works well.

We lost the win when we changed that shape. We started losing the ball almost right after handing and allan went off. Handling did well closing down players (apart from one point in the 2nd half when he lost his man) and providing the link between the mid and fw line. McGeouch and Allan are given more freedom in the diamond. But Danny and Robertson have a much more strict role to carry out.

Hanlon had one mistake.... but away from that he had a strong game. As did the rest of the defence.

Personally id have taken Malonga off rather than Cummings as Jason still tries harder. I'm concerned about the fitness of Kennedy as he appeared to be out of breath after 5 mins on the park.

Its 2 pts lost but again we were the best team on the park. We were the best team on the park v Rangers also. I think we are getting better as the season moves on. Hence my comment about us being the best in the league.

Hearts put in a lot of dangerous crosses before the substitution and it seemed a matter of time before they ended up scoring one of them. Stanton and Harris came on and pretty much nullified their wing threat and Hearts barely created a chance until that fluke goal.

DH1875
26-10-2014, 07:42 PM
Hearts put in a lot of dangerous crosses before the substitution and it seemed a matter of time before they ended up scoring one of them. Stanton and Harris came on and pretty much nullified their wing threat and Hearts barely created a chance until that fluke goal.

:agree::agree::agree:

Was nowt to do with Stanton and Harris. It was the sitting in against 10 men that cost us and even then, it was a wonder goal. The guy will never do that again.

Sammy7nil
26-10-2014, 08:03 PM

BUT

Onwards and upwards.

:top marks:top marks My thoughts exactly

LaMotta
26-10-2014, 08:10 PM

Just not true.....Stanton was ripped at the byeline in the last 10 mins and gave the ball away several times.

silverhibee
26-10-2014, 08:52 PM
Ok Silver...

Yeah am fine.

silverhibee
26-10-2014, 08:56 PM
:agree::agree::agree:

Was nowt to do with Stanton and Harris. It was the sitting in against 10 men that cost us and even then, it was a wonder goal. The guy will never do that again.

Bet you it won't stop him trying again though. :greengrin

A bit like Rankin with his Squiggler goal. :agree: how many times did he try to pull that same shot off in games again after that goal. :agree:

greenlex
26-10-2014, 11:16 PM
some of the negativity is mind boggling!!!!

B.H.F.C
26-10-2014, 11:25 PM

I agree Handling did a decent enough job off the ball. But at the top of the diamond are we not entitled to want a bit more in an attacking sense from him? It's another game whee I've not seen enough from him with the ball.

The weakest area of that Hearts team is at the back but the front two plus Handling did nothing against them in the second half.

matty_f
26-10-2014, 11:36 PM

Definitely agree with you here. It's important not to let the disappointment of losing the late goal overtake the positives in the performance. The Tams have dropped points in just two games this season and they were immensely fortunate to leave Easter Road with anything other than a doing today.

We looked like the team at the top of the table rather than them, and I'm much more confident about the rest of the season on the basis of the last couple of performances.

That's 1 defeat in 8 games, including away trips to Rangers and Ross County, as well as a derby.

We are definitely getting there, I think Stubbs nailed it in his post match interview with Cliff Pike when he says the team is improving week on week. There were some terrific performances from hibs players today.

Northernhibee
26-10-2014, 11:38 PM

Yep, it's always the same suspects too.

Northernhibee
26-10-2014, 11:40 PM
Definitely agree with you here. It's important not to let the disappointment of losing the late goal overtake the positives in the performance. The Tams have dropped points in just two games this season and they were immensely fortunate to leave Easter Road with anything other than a doing today.

We looked like the team at the top of the table rather than them, and I'm much more confident about the rest of the season on the basis of the last couple of performances.

That's 1 defeat in 8 games, including away trips to Rangers and Ross County, as well as a derby.

We are definitely getting there, I think Stubbs nailed it in his post match interview with Cliff Pike when he says the team is improving week on week. There were some terrific performances from hibs players today.

I think Stubbs is bringing on Handling in particular a huge deal. Love his attitude and how much he's contributing.