PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Hibernian 1 - 1 Hearts (Malonga) FT

Pages : 1 [2]

Pretty Boy
26-10-2014, 01:06 PM
Every ****ing time

Yet another new way to get a derby boot in the balls. A 92nd minute equaliser after going down to 10 men.

lyonhibs
Ah, why am I not surprised.

Aldo
Every ****ing time.

I'd rather we played ****ing ***** and won.

Could see it coming.

Why o ****ing why

Biggie
**** off hibs....had our chances.....

HH81
frig sake, they always pull it out the bag!

GreenLake
26-10-2014, 01:07 PM
They are the ultimate puke merchants.

Peevemor
Dissappointed but the draw's probably not too unfair.

Hibby Kay-Yay
6 games undefeated now

J-C
****ing robbed, they have to be the luckiest *******s you've ever had the misfortune to clap eyes on, 2nd best teamm all game, Paterson sent off for a shocking challenge and then a one off lucky as hell strike at goal, only us but we can hold our heads up high and be proud of the way we played, well done Hibs.

Keith_M
is it FT yet?

Did we lose?

easty
26-10-2014, 01:08 PM
Cause he was 40 yards out?

Cos Malonga wasn't working hard enough.

SteveHFC
Hearts can **** off.

spike220

Would have taken that before the game, very happy with the performance though!

Gatecrasher
Jammy *******s

Pretty Boy

And?

We 've sat off them and invited that for the last half hour. Should be right in their faces.

GreenLake
We should have scored a few but I am not going to blame the team for a goal like that. A wonder strike from their worst player.

J-C
26-10-2014, 01:09 PM
**** off hibs....had our chances.....

Have a ****ing word man, get a grip :confused:

Liam89

I'd say the way we played and chances we had we definitely deserved a win.

PeeJay
Poor 2nd half performance - substitutions were useless and the coaching has to be questioned. Too many shirkers in the team and too many who looked unfit - or disinterested.

heidtheba
I hate derbys. It isnt the drawing. It isn't the losing. It is the way in which it happens. RARELY do we ever just get beaten without us having to deal with this stomach-knotting s*(t.

Can't take it away from a cracking goal but what a kick in the baws and they are celebrating a draw whilst our fans trudge off depressed.

Every.

F*()ing.

Time.

Liam89
26-10-2014, 01:10 PM
Poor 2nd half performance - substitutions were useless and the coaching has to be questioned. Too many shirkers in the team and too many who looked unfit - or disinterested.

You're joking, right?

TheEastTerrace
26-10-2014, 01:11 PM
You know I heard on the radio there was four minutes injury time and immediately thought Hibs will blow this. Albeit a wonder strike only Hibs can continually contrive to give their Derby rivals such an easy time

HH81

Bit harsh thought we controled most of the game and they hardly created much, 99 times out of 100 that ends up in the upper tier. The 1 usually ends up in out bloody net:rolleyes:

Colr
Typical.

cleanyman
What a strike.

Hibs blew that.

Sprouleflyer

Really!

The Tubs
26-10-2014, 01:12 PM
And?

We 've sat off them and invited that for the last half hour. Should be right in their faces.

Aye, we weren't as aggressive as we had been for most of the match.

HIBERNIAN-0762
And?

Spot on, you could see it a mile away, Stubbs must deal with this problem, they were queuing up in the box at times.

THE luckiest team in the history of football.

Yuillsy
And?

Exactly. Once again the masters of our own downfall!

Stranraer
Jesus what a strike. We deserved the 3 points, really impressed by the way we approached the game today.

J-C
26-10-2014, 01:13 PM

Are you watching the same game as everyone else, the midfield ran their legs off all game, defence never looked in trouble till we sat off a bit the last 20 mins, the majority of players were throwing themself at shots and defending all over the pitch, I thought we played very well and never looked in trouble.

hibeesjoe
We have nothing up front and oxleys time wasting came back and bit him in the Erse. The tramps have the last laugh again

superfurryhibby

We should have been closing them down further up the pitch. Too much space and try 30 yards out.

Peevemor
26-10-2014, 01:14 PM
I'd say the way we played and chances we had we definitely deserved a win.

hearts also had chances, with far too many loose balls going right across our 6 yard line. We also lost our compusure for the last 20 minutes.

R'Albin
Is there a luckier team on the planet?

SunshineOnLeith
Should and could have put the game to bed long before the 92nd minute. If we played like that every week we'd win every other game in this league, so there's positives to be taken but at the moment just completely scunnered.

Greenblood70
Really didn't agree with the subs made there. Having said that the players have got to kick on after the sending off and kill that game. We had the chances and blew it again. Very disappointing after controlling the game for three quarters of it.

carnoustiehibee

Exactly, thought we coulda scored 3 or 4 today, Stubbs has to be questioned bringing on Stanton and Harris, handling must be brilliant in training cause he did **** all, Usual ****ing script with this mob

Hibs7
26-10-2014, 01:15 PM

No .. They should do the lottery with their luck

Stax
26-10-2014, 01:15 PM
No

Hibs7
26-10-2014, 01:16 PM
Exactly, thought we coulda scored 3 or 4 today, Stubbs has to be questioned bringing on Stanton and Harris, handling must be brilliant in training cause he did **** all, Usual ****ing script with this mob

Behave we played them off the park and they got lucky again

heretoday
Naive I'm afraid. With a man advantage we should have been able to play into the corners instead of just pinging it back to them. .

Bostonhibby
2 shocking tactical subs in stanton and Harris put us on the back foot. You don't take your chances your opponents will eventually take one. I thibk we were caught out playing for one nil.

Chip shop Joe
Playing well then we realised we were 1 up against ten men with 5 minutes to go and we started pumping it aimlessly long. Only Hibs!

Billychaotic182
26-10-2014, 01:17 PM
Bad subs killed the flow. Can't argue with that goal.

SunshineOnLeith

Can we not do this crying about how unlucky Hibs are/lucky Hearts are nonsense please? Hibs blew it.

nonshinyfinish

Sorry, but this is complete pish.

Dashing Bob S
26-10-2014, 01:18 PM
It was obvious to everybody in the stadium the Hearts player was just going to let fly, and he ought to have been closed down quicker. But nobody could have anticipated the quality of that strike, so I'm not going to be too hard on Hibs. I thought we played well and were the better side, but you always need a second goal to be safe in a derby.

I don't know if it's just because its a slower league and they have more time on the ball, but I saw both teams trying to be football, unusual in an Edinburgh derby.

R'Albin
26-10-2014, 01:18 PM
Can we not do this crying about how unlucky Hibs are/lucky Hearts are nonsense please? Hibs blew it.

For not closing down a centre half at about 45 yards out?!

Dr_Regal
26-10-2014, 01:19 PM
We are Cursed.....idiot shouldn't even be shooting from there.So so lucky

At least we look like a football team finally, well done Stubbs.

The Tubs
I'd like to add that the jambos were terrible. All their goals this season must have been 25-45 yards punts or penalties. They cannae cross the ball and the strikers are brutal.

C'mon the raith next week and a draw against sevco would be barry.

carnoustiehibee
Hearts are downto ten men and able to bring it up over the halfway line, mentality is all wrong,

bob12345
Really poor subs. We had two strikers as passengers at that stage and brought on two kids when we were crying out for experience.

Forza Fred
26-10-2014, 01:20 PM
Naturally disappointed, but the players supplied the commitment and effort we have been complaining about

Sadly we were just not good enough to score a second that would have finished them off

Hopefully we will learn from this and push on.

PiemanP
Bringing on two wingers clearly wasn't the right subs. Don't know if stubbs was trying to go for it and get another goal, but even then we looked fine as we were. Wonder strike but zero closing down from midfield.

carnoustiehibee
Behave we played them off the park and they got lucky again

But we let them,mentality all wrong with 10mins to go, standard hibs all over

The Tubs
26-10-2014, 01:21 PM

Handling did well 1st half but became a little anonymous 2nd.

SunshineOnLeith
26-10-2014, 01:22 PM

We had plenty of opportunities to put the game to bed.

We surrendered possession and momentum to 10 men for the closing stages.

The Hearts boy has scored a screamer, fair play. But we should have been more than capable of taking the sting out of the game and keeping the ball up their end to see it out.

Bostonhibby
But we let them,mentality all wrong with 10mins to go, standard hibs all over

Exactly this!

Hibs7
Can't argue about the lucky goal but Hibs were by far the better team

Are you listening Jambos ... You are not as good as you think you are !

Yuillsy
26-10-2014, 01:23 PM

Yes. 2 mins to go in a derby no matter who the player is you should be in his face hassling him and trying anything to get the ball!

GreenLake
I hate derbys. It isnt the drawing. It isn't the losing. It is the way in which it happens. RARELY do we ever just get beaten without us having to deal with this stomach-knotting s*(t.

Can't take it away from a cracking goal but what a kick in the baws and they are celebrating a draw whilst our fans trudge off depressed.

Every.

F*()ing.

Time.

I feel sorry for our team who deserved a win today and I hope the fans clapped them off the pitch. They wanted it more than Hearts from what I could see but just fell a little bit short of dominating and thrashing them. They look like a team playing at peak performance whereas we look like a team not quite playing to our best potential.

Maybe it was the home shirt.

The Tubs
Really poor subs. We had two strikers as passengers at that stage and brought on two kids when we were crying out for experience.

Aye, I quite agree. I thought Malonga was struggling for the last 15-20 minutes and he should have been pulled.

leggeto
Did that mob throw a smokie into our end at their goal

Islington Hibs
26-10-2014, 01:24 PM
Very disappointing but lots of positives. Midfield played very well as did defence, Gray in particular. Oxley was great, when he had to be. Strikers a bit hesitant and despite the goal not convinced by Malonga, but overall that was a good performance. Gutting to lose a goal that way but we are every bit as good as them and we are starting to gel and play some nice football.

Good to see the support so positive and lets remember, when criticising Stubbs on substitutions, he had these guys up for it and we matched them all the way. We are starting to look like a football team. Much better than last year.

Onion

No, there isn't. They're the only team that gets to play Hibs in derby matches :rolleyes:

IMO this game turned on the set of subs. Every one of the Yams subs made a positive difference to them. Every one of our was like losing a man. In the end, Hibs sat off them HOPING to see the game out instead of going for the kill when they were down to 10 men.

Yams never give up against Hibs and make their own luck. The Yam defender will never ever hit a better shot in his life.

R'Albin
Bringing on two wingers clearly wasn't the right subs. Don't know if stubbs was trying to go for it and get another goal, but even then we looked fine as we were. Wonder strike but zero closing down from midfield.

I agreed with the subs. They were getting far too much room out wide and were putting pressure on us with balls in. Once the sub was made they hardly had a sniff - until the goal.

Onion
26-10-2014, 01:28 PM
Hearts are downto ten men and able to bring it up over the halfway line, mentality is all wrong,

:top marks THIS..... but how long have we been saying that ?

Zazu62
26-10-2014, 01:28 PM
Keep the heads up guys . That was a freak goal . Lots of positives

trev the hat
26-10-2014, 01:29 PM
Glad I never saw merrick goal only had audio Hibs TV
Knew it was coming & the habitual let off the hook duly delivers.

Scottie
26-10-2014, 01:29 PM
Can't argue about the lucky goal but Hibs were by far the better team

Are you listening Jambos ... You are not as good as you think you are !
Sure the **** don't give a monkies what we think.

They are still unbeaten somehow and you can see why. We sat off them last 20 mins and they keep going. They have scored 8 goals in the last 5 mins this season alone. We must learn as a team because these late shows are becoming predictable.

number9dream
26-10-2014, 01:30 PM
A hard one to take...
We need Hearts and Rangers to lose 5 more games than we do over the course and that just isn't going to happen.
Still, maybe it's best to keep our turn for some luck in the play-offs.

Dinkydoo
26-10-2014, 01:30 PM
2 shocking tactical subs in stanton and Harris put us on the back foot. You don't take your chances your opponents will eventually take one. I thibk we were caught out playing for one nil.
Hardly, we brought on 3 attacking players.

Stanton and Harris, since they've had so little game time recently was a risk, but it coukd have worked in our favour.

None the less, absolutely ****ing gutted at the result.

buktapurple79
26-10-2014, 01:31 PM
i absolutely ****ing hate them

Sergio sledge
26-10-2014, 01:31 PM
I agreed with the subs. They were getting far too much room out wide and were putting pressure on us with balls in. Once the sub was made they hardly had a sniff - until the goal.

Yup, they were put on to try to pin Paterson and the LB back in their own half as they were getting huge amounts of space. After Harris and Stanton came on the space out wide nearly disappeared, so in theory the subs worked. Our downfall wasn't the subs, it was not scoring more than one goal in the first half.

Stax
26-10-2014, 01:32 PM
Hearts were sheite. We dominated up until the last 15. We didn't take our chances simple as that. I like Stanton & Harris but bringing them on at the same time was a mistake IMO. Sick of these mutants fluking it but they won't get any better & I honestly think we're starting to look like a decent side. Ggtth

easty
26-10-2014, 01:32 PM
The least we should have been doing in the final mins was closing them down. Naive as ****. Just compete!

We had 3 young midfielders on as subs, with an extra man, yet it never looked like we had much space.

It's *****. Same old standard *****.

trev the hat
26-10-2014, 01:33 PM
IMO this game turned on the set of subs. Every one of the Yams subs made a positive difference to them. Every one of our was like losing a man. In the end, Hibs sat off them HOPING to see the game out instead of going for the kill when they were down to 10 men.

Yams never give up against Hibs and make their own luck. The Yam defender will never ever hit a better shot in his life.

Going by the audio that's my thoughts too.
How Stubbs can't get the mentality we showed @ greyskull against the tramps is beyond me.

The Tubs
26-10-2014, 01:33 PM
A hard one to take...
We need Hearts and Rangers to lose 5 more games than we do over the course and that just isn't going to happen.
Still, maybe it's best to keep our turn for some luck in the play-offs.

I haven't looked at the numbers, but i'd like to think that we've now got a manager who can get what we need to get out of this season.

Biggie
26-10-2014, 01:34 PM
Why oh why did Malonga stay on for the whole game....it was clear he wasn't mobile.....actually looked slower than vine for the last 10 mins or so......same old story of not taking our chances.

blackpoolhibs
We sat off them in the last 20 minutes, but to be honest i couldn't see them scoring. Could have been nerves, probably a bit of inexperience, but we did play well today.

The last minute goal will make some folk forget about that.

Leith Green
I thought if we had 3 decent forwards rather than Malonga, Handling, and to a lesser extent Cummings we would have given Hearts a doing... The 3 in midfield and Gray were all outstanding

weonlywon6-2
26-10-2014, 01:35 PM
Gutted to say the least,thought we had done enough.

However,we are still progressing as a team,they are at the best they will ever be,dont count on them winning the league, make no mistake we will be there or there abouts

:gwa:

Biggie
26-10-2014, 01:35 PM
The least we should have been doing in the final mins was closing them down. Naive as ****. Just compete!

We had 3 young midfielders on as subs, with an extra man, yet it never looked like we had much space.

This...

SteveHFC
26-10-2014, 01:37 PM

This

Bostonhibby
26-10-2014, 01:37 PM

Stanton and Harris, since they've had so little game time recently was a risk, but it coukd have worked in our favour.

Opinions eh:wink:

The game passed both by from what I could see. Not knocking them so much as questioning the decision to put them on when we did. Hearts knew Allen and Handling were on the pitch.

Might have been better hooking Cummings and Malonga, the former because he was ineffective and the latter because he was more knackered than Allen.

Plenty to be positive about but closing down games like this remains an issue.

Islington Hibs
26-10-2014, 01:39 PM
I thought if we had 3 decent forwards rather than Malonga, Handling, and to a lesser extent Cummings we would have given Hearts a doing... The 3 in midfield and Gray were all outstanding

Agree with that- very good today outside the forward line. They were not bad but just lacked that incisiveness today. Cummings perhaps was trying just a bit too hard?

easty
26-10-2014, 01:40 PM
If we had someone like Buaben in place of Robertson we'd be a lot more comfortable in midfield.

erskine-hibby
26-10-2014, 01:43 PM
We sat off them in the last 20 minutes, but to be honest i couldn't see them scoring. Could have been nerves, probably a bit of inexperience, but we did play well today.

The last minute goal will make some folk forget about that.
Yeah I agree with all of that.
Some are saying it was a wonder goal...flooky is more like. That said he should have been closed down a lot earlier. For the last 10-15mins we were defending on the 18 yard line, where as before we were pushing up. Hope that lesson is learned, sitting on a 1 goal lead is dangerous indeed.

hibs0666
26-10-2014, 01:44 PM

It clearly was the right decision.

Dinkydoo
26-10-2014, 01:47 PM

The game passed both by from what I could see. Not knocking them so much as questioning the decision to put them on when we did. Hearts knew Allen and Handling were on the pitch.

Might have been better hooking Cummings and Malonga, the former because he was ineffective and the latter because he was more knackered than Allen.

You're correct, both players failed to impress and didnt offer the same level of battling commitment that Allan and Handling did. Saying that, I felt that we were on the back foot a little prior to the first two subs occuring and with Harris creating a late chance against The Rangers, and Stanton doing well in reserve/u 20 games recently it was a gamble that could have went in our favour.

I dont disagree with the point about our strikers - they were knackered - although both had chances to convert in the final 20 mins.

hibeesjoe
26-10-2014, 01:47 PM

Totally agree. We have enough chances to put the game too bed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dinkydoo
26-10-2014, 01:49 PM
If we had someone like Buaben in place of Robertson we'd be a lot more comfortable in midfield.
How so?

What would Buaben have offered that Robertson didnt today?

Bostonhibby
26-10-2014, 01:50 PM
You're correct, both players failed to impress and didnt offer the same level of battling commitment that Allan and Handling did. Saying that, I felt that we were on the back foot a little prior to the first two subs occuring and with Harris creating a late chance against The Rangers, and Stanton doing well in reserve/u 20 games recently it was a gamble that could have went in our favour.

I dont disagree with the point about our strikers - they were knackered - although both had chances to convert in the final 20 mins.

Ah well. we were playing the yam so if we weren't holding the ball in the corners in the last couple of minutes or bothering to nail the man in possession coming at us they were always going to score...............

Onward and upward...

GreenLake
26-10-2014, 01:50 PM
In what would appear to be a sick bit of prescient irony, I bought tickets yesterday to see "The Equalizer" later today. :jamboak:

Bostonhibby
26-10-2014, 01:51 PM
How so?

What would Buaben have offered that Robertson didnt today?

Robertson had a great game today. Special mention for Fontaine, especially for the goal, real threat and presence in their box.

GreenLake
26-10-2014, 01:52 PM

I thought he did okay today.

The Green Goblin
26-10-2014, 01:54 PM

That`s exactly how I saw it too. Word for word.

SaulGoodman
26-10-2014, 01:57 PM

Roberston was outstanding today.

Bi-polar.net in full swing, if that 35> yard goal hadn't went in I wonder what people would be saying.

I thought we played well.

Bostonhibby
26-10-2014, 02:01 PM
In what would appear to be a sick bit of prescient irony, I bought tickets yesterday to see "The Equalizer" later today. :jamboak:

If I were you I would leave just when Hibs make the subs, either that or when you see the big slow looking guy striding through the middle with the ball unchallenged :greengrin

lucky
26-10-2014, 02:03 PM
Overall I thought we played well but I thought the subs did not help us. I would have brought Craig on for Handling. Stanton did not do enough. The front two were our let down today. I don't think they worked hard enough. Malonga is a luxury and can score but just does not have a good work ethic

Aldo
26-10-2014, 02:04 PM
Best game Robertson has played for us IMHO. Didn't hide and covered loads of ground.

Fluke won it but Heay the game should of been over before then.

Them going to 10 was better for them than us. BUT there were loads more positives than negatives.

McGeouch was excellent along with Allan, Gray and Robertson.

They are nowt special and play loads of Hoofball.

The Tubs
26-10-2014, 02:09 PM
Overall I thought we played well but I thought the subs did not help us. I would have brought Craig on for Handling. Stanton did not do enough. The front two were our let down today. I don't think they worked hard enough. Malonga is a luxury and can score but just does not have a good work ethic

I dunno if it's work ethic, I think it might just be a question of fitness that he doesn't have. It's up to stubbs to work out how to use what he's got in the most effective manner.

hibeesjoe
26-10-2014, 02:12 PM
Never seen a replay yet but Tom English is on Twitter saying that oxley should have saved it instead of people thinking it was a wonder goal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

3pm
26-10-2014, 02:13 PM
I've just seen the goal.

I'd be questioning Oxley.

Bostonhibby
26-10-2014, 02:15 PM
I dunno if it's work ethic, I think it might just be a question of fitness that he doesn't have. It's up to stubbs to work out how to use what he's got in the most effective manner.

:agree: He uses the ball well when he has it, he did put himself about a bit today but tended to be alone towards the end - he did tire but he is an intelligent player who knows where the net is, I rate him, Remember Alan O'Brien? - fast and fit just like JC said he would be.

The Tubs
26-10-2014, 02:16 PM
I've just seen the goal.

N
His positioning's questionable but, if he'd got to it, it would have been a wonder save rather than a wonder goal.

Bostonhibby
26-10-2014, 02:17 PM
I've just seen the goal.

:agree: Never should have been allowed a shot, but could have been saved.

green day
26-10-2014, 02:20 PM
I've just seen the goal.

You need to see the TV view, it was high and all over the he shop. Dipped at the end.

Give him a break, focus on positives...... Please?

Squealing pig
26-10-2014, 02:22 PM
Great performance today unlucky to concede wonder goal

weonlywon6-2
26-10-2014, 02:25 PM
Stuff hearts,Hibs are on their way

silverhibee
26-10-2014, 02:27 PM
I've just seen the goal.

When you are sitting that deep the goalkeeper should be on his line not standing on the six yard line.

I'm questioning him as well.

gaz1875
26-10-2014, 02:30 PM
You need to see the TV view, it was high and all over the he shop. Dipped at the end.

Give him a break, focus on positives...... Please?

Thought the same from the FFU could have went anywhere our luck underside of the bar and in :rolleyes:

SeanWilson
26-10-2014, 02:31 PM

Nope. Boston is bang on. Stanton and Harris when our midfield was starting to get dominated!?

easty
26-10-2014, 02:33 PM
Roberston was outstanding today.

Bi-polar.net in full swing, if that 35> yard goal hadn't went in I wonder what people would be saying.

I thought we played well.

But it did go in, so your "if" is pointless.

I'm not having a go at Robertson today, though I didn't think he was very good he wasn't horrendous. I'm saying that Buaben was better. Took the ball from deep all the time and broke up play well. We could use someone like that behind Allan and McGeogh.

Dinkydoo
26-10-2014, 02:34 PM
Nope. Boston is bang on. Stanton and Harris when our midfield was starting to get dominated!?
Context.

I thibk we were caught out playing for one nil.

By bringing on 3 attacking players? No, we werent.

easty
26-10-2014, 02:35 PM
When you are sitting that deep the goalkeeper should be on his line not standing on the six yard line.

I'd say, Oxley is expecting that to be put in to the box, and if it is he's positioned well to deal with it, he's not expecting a shot like that. I'm. No blaming him.

Bostonhibby
26-10-2014, 02:36 PM
Context.

By bringing on 3 attacking players? No, we werent.

I thought (and with hindsight wished!) Stubbs was going to use them to hold the ball out wide / run the clock down thereby playing for or at least defending the lead by keeping it in their half - that was my context.

Dinkydoo
26-10-2014, 02:42 PM
I thought (and with hindsight wished!) Stubbs was going to use them to hold the ball out wide / run the clock down thereby playing for or at least defending the lead by keeping it in their half - that was my context.
Fair assumption to make. I assumed he anticipated that Hearts were going to throw the kitchen sink at us and wanted some quick, fresh, skillful players on to hit them on the break - like we did with Harris soon after he came on.

I remember thinking "No McGeough, get away from the corner it's too early!" ... hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Pretty Boy
26-10-2014, 02:44 PM
I'd say, Oxley is expecting that to be put in to the box, and if it is he's positioned well to deal with it, he's not expecting a shot like that. I'm. No blaming him.

That's where I am.

Oxleys positioning was fine for where the guy is. It's a hell of a strik that moved all over the place in the air.

SaulGoodman
26-10-2014, 02:45 PM
That's where I am.

Oxleys positioning was fine for where the guy is. It's a hell of a strik that moved all over the place in the air.

It's they ******g Jabulani balls!

Wait what year am I in?

Bostonhibby
26-10-2014, 02:46 PM
Fair assumption to make. I assumed he anticipated that Hearts were going to throw the kitchen sink at us and wanted some quick, fresh, skillful players on to hit them on the break - like we did with Harris soon after he came on.

I remember thinking "No McGeough, get away from the corner it's too early!" ... hindsight is a wonderful thing.

That went well then:wink: seriously, see what you mean but for whatever reason that never worked. One things for sure, the "wonder goal" wouldn't have happened if we were using all that fresh energy to just keep the ball in their half against 10 men.

carnoustiehibee
26-10-2014, 02:46 PM

Yeh I wouldn't blame Oaxley either, the blame lies on why he was able to run 10-15 yards in our half unchallenged with 2mins to go

Thecat23
26-10-2014, 02:49 PM
Feel so sorry on Stubbs, we done everything right all game bar the last 10 mins when instead of using the extra man by spraying it from one end to the next we went narrow and sat in.

Yes the midfield should have closed down but I'm delighted with the performance and how we approached it. We showed we can play we can compete and if we continue we will be there at the business end of the season.

Well done Hibs, at least you have us something to cheer about even if we did lose to a wonder strike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
26-10-2014, 02:52 PM
That's where I am.

Watching it again, if he was nearer his line he pushes it over the bar - suppose he would have got stick if it was played high to the 6 yard area and someone scored with a header but not the wonder goal it appears.........

Am off to watch Chelski hopefully score a similar wonder goal to bring my double up.

timewilltell
26-10-2014, 02:54 PM

Agree. Thought we played well in defence and midfield but Cummings and Handling contributed little.

Bostonhibby
26-10-2014, 02:59 PM
Feel so sorry on Stubbs, we done everything right all game bar the last 10 mins when instead of using the extra man by spraying it from one end to the next we went narrow and sat in.

Yes the midfield should have closed down but I'm delighted with the performance and how we approached it. We showed we can play we can compete and if we continue we will be there at the business end of the season.

Well done Hibs, at least you have us something to cheer about even if we did lose to a wonder strike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well said, agree with that.

PPZPOL
26-10-2014, 03:14 PM
Agree. Thought we played well in defence and midfield but Cummings and Handling contributed little.

Handling doesn't do enough for me, never bosses play or looks like he has any confidence in his own ability which then leads me to assume the same and I therefore have no confidence in him. Must do better, although I thought Stubbs learnt lessons from last derby and played him at top of diamond against Gomis which meant we engaged much higher up park, better than watching Craig AND Robertson playing the anchor role (I.e. sitting far too deep).
Cummings could/should have been subbed earlier, needs to start playing for team more and learn how to get body in between ball and defender when it's played up to him......Scott Allan could teach him, he is very good at it.

Hibby Kay-Yay
26-10-2014, 03:47 PM

If we all question him then we'll soon have our scapegoat

silverhibee
26-10-2014, 03:50 PM

Surely he has defenders in front of him to deal with the ball being put in to the box, he should have been closer to his goal line rather than the six yard line.

silverhibee
26-10-2014, 03:53 PM
If we all question him then we'll soon have our scapegoat

Behave eh, it's my opinion, it's you making the assumptions about scapegoat.

PeeJay
26-10-2014, 03:56 PM
With regard to Oxley - We had a slippery, wet surface, with only a few minutes left of the game, the guy Ozturk runs at our defence who continued to back off and so he thinks he'll have a bash: our goalkeeper cannot claim to have been surprised, it's his job to expect something like the shot, particularly at that point of the game - he's certainly not blameless. He did however have two good stops in the 1st half and overall he had a good game. But the team invited the Hearts player to have a go, and that really shouldn't be permitted when running down the game.

SunshineOnLeith
26-10-2014, 03:57 PM
There's not a goalie in the world who'd have been stood of his goal line when that was hit, Oxley's positioning was fine. You can't legislate for a hit like that and when the ball's moving everywhere at that speed all you can do is throw up a hand and hope. A truly world class goalkeeper might have saved it but at our level you can't class it as the goalie's fault.

bingo70
26-10-2014, 03:57 PM
Surely he has defenders in front of him to deal with the ball being put in to the box, he should have been closer to his goal line rather than the six yard line.

Nah, I disagree.

Goalies should very rarely be stuck on their line, I'd always expect the keeper to be 5 or 6 yards out, makes the goals look smaller and gives them the advantage if a ball is slipped through abd they have to come out to clear any danger.

Hibby Kay-Yay
26-10-2014, 04:18 PM
Behave eh, it's my opinion, it's you making the assumptions about scapegoat.

Well it's a fair assumption giving the drama queens on here at times :wink:

A good result today for us, disappointed not to win but it's still a good result

bingo70
26-10-2014, 05:01 PM

A good result today for us, disappointed not to win but it's still a good result

That wasn't a good result today?

We had to win that game

matty_f
26-10-2014, 05:07 PM
Disappointed with the draw because that was a game we dominated and deserved to win. Probably sums our season up so far, to be honest. I've lost count of how many games we should have been out of sight in, only to drop points.
Can't complain about the performance, some of the side were immense and I thought Stubbs' tactics were bang on. You can't legis for a strike like that, we could maybe have closed him down quicker but to be honest, how many people saw him hitting a shot like that when he got the ball?
Hibs were the better team by a distance over the 90 minutes, if we keep up that level of performance we can get right back in the mix. Any other side watching that game will be more worried about playing us than them on the basis of that game.

PeeJay
26-10-2014, 05:08 PM
That wasn't a good result today?

We had to win that game

Spot on - why anyone should think this was a good result is beyond me ... clearly 2 points dropped, points we desperately need.

BroxburnHibee
26-10-2014, 05:10 PM
We should have won - no doubt about it.

Take a deep breath and analyse the performance - it was excellent and hopefully not another false dawn.

matty_f
26-10-2014, 05:13 PM

Take a deep breath and analyse the performance - it was excellent and hopefully not another false dawn.

:agree:

easty
26-10-2014, 05:17 PM

We're already far further behind than we should be at that stage. It's points, not good performances we need.

Kavinho
26-10-2014, 05:25 PM

Fully agreed.

It's my view that the slightly panicky last 10 mins are more a symptom of the numerous kicks in the knackers we as a club have had in derbies, than anything that was actually in front of the team today.

Some more composure and self confidence to see out a game in full control rather than hanging on will come in time, but we need to focus on all that was good today rather than picking up on in-the-moment suspect decision making.

hibs0666
26-10-2014, 05:26 PM
Handling doesn't do enough for me, never bosses play or looks like he has any confidence in his own ability which then leads me to assume the same and I therefore have no confidence in him. Must do better, although I thought Stubbs learnt lessons from last derby and played him at top of diamond against Gomis which meant we engaged much higher up park, better than watching Craig AND Robertson playing the anchor role (I.e. sitting far too deep).
Cummings could/should have been subbed earlier, needs to start playing for team more and learn how to get body in between ball and defender when it's played up to him......Scott Allan could teach him, he is very good at it.

Handling is a baby ffs.

hibsbollah
26-10-2014, 05:28 PM
Fully agreed.

It's my view that the slightly panicky last 10 mins are more a symptom of the numerous kicks in the knackers we as a club have had in derbies, than anything that was actually in front of the team today.

Some more composure and self confidence to see out a game in full control rather than hanging on will come in time, but we need to focus on all that was good today rather than picking up on in-the-moment suspect decision making.

We were better than them today. We were as good as them earlier in the season at Tynecastle. We only got 1 point out of 6 but luck changes. It always does.

Kavinho
26-10-2014, 05:31 PM
We're already far further behind than we should be at that stage. It's points, not good performances we need.

And i completely disagree with this one.. Sorry.

We need to be building a side that plays well.. That has confidence, and that knows it can tear sides apart.. A side with no confidence in itself rushes, kicks ball away, and ultimately presents opportunities to opponents to get out of jail - like today.

I dont see see us making up the necessary to win this league outright. We're likely to need to do well through the playoffs. We've most of a season to get ready for that battle when it comes.

All that said, badly wanted to see us winning today !

Kavinho
26-10-2014, 05:34 PM
We were better than them today. We were as good as them earlier in the season at Tynecastle. We only got 1 point out of 6 but luck changes. It always does.

Absolutely.
I suppose that My point is that we'd probably have seen that game out if we had a 50/50 record over the past few years in these games.

For a while we've been the better team in the derbies, but not gotten the results deserved. One or 2 swinging our way, and it changes the mindset for the next, and the one after.

Salisbury Hibby
26-10-2014, 05:35 PM
A bit disappointing, but maybe a fair result over the piece. We've shown Hearts aren't all that. Expect them to be beaten by Rangers and us this season.

HFC 0-7
26-10-2014, 05:39 PM
Played well, Very well , but to sit back at the end was asking for trouble. Malonga should have buried another 1 or 2 and had the game in the bag. Subs were a bit iffy for me, if we were to sit in and try and defend, the players were not the correct ones IMO. When you are on top we need to make it count, that's the difference.

Stuarty27
26-10-2014, 05:40 PM
I thot it was a very similar performance to last week, the midfield 4 were superb, back 4 very solid, Front two were poor. Malonga should be dropped, another scrapy goal papered over the cracks of a very very lazy player.

Dylan McGeough and Scott Allan were by far the two best players on the park IMO.

Why Allan was replaced ill never know. Stanton was poor when he came on and Kennedy looked like he was towing a caravan.

Overall I really enjoyed it and we were really unluckly to loose. I think the midfield diamond is working really well with the players we have and I am convinced we are going in the right direction. The bulk of Stubbs signings have been great and we have some decent youngsters coming thru.

Great atmosphere also and was good to see that majority of the fans stayed and clapped the team off.

easty
26-10-2014, 05:41 PM

We need to be building a side that plays well.. That has confidence, and that knows it can tear sides apart.. A side with no confidence in itself rushes, kicks ball away, and ultimately presents opportunities to opponents to get out of jail - like today.

I dont see see us making up the necessary to win this league outright. We're likely to need to do well through the playoffs. We've most of a season to get ready for that battle when it comes.

No worries, you're entitled to your own opinion.

I'd take points over performances in this division every week.

easty
26-10-2014, 05:44 PM
I thot it was a very similar performance to last week, the midfield 4 were superb, back 4 very solid, Front two were poor. Malonga should be dropped, another scrapy goal papered over the cracks of a very very lazy player.

Dylan McGeough and Scott Allan were by far the two best players on the park IMO.

Why Allan was replaced ill never know. Stanton was poor when he came on and Kennedy looked like he was towing a caravan.

Overall I really enjoyed it and we were really unluckly to loose. I think the midfield diamond is working really well with the players we have and I am convinced we are going in the right direction. The bulk of Stubbs signings have been great and we have some decent youngsters coming thru.

Great atmosphere also and was good to see that majority of the fans stayed and clapped the team off.

I thought it was the correct decision to take Allan off.

Made the same point as you about Malonga at the game though, frustratingly lazy.

Bishop Hibee
26-10-2014, 05:44 PM
A bit disappointing, but maybe a fair result over the piece. We've shown Hearts aren't all that. Expect them to be beaten by Rangers and us this season.

Disagree. We were the better team without setting the heather on fire and it took a fluke/wonder strike to get them a point. Neither team is great but I'm delighteds we're starting to play a lot better. 6 unbeaten and if we play like we did today we are certainties for the play-offs at least.

Hertz fans are utterly deluded if they thinlk they are watching a good team. Has Fontaine let Sow out his back pocket yet?

Kavinho
26-10-2014, 05:47 PM
No worries, you're entitled to your own opinion.

I'd take points over performances in this division every week.

I just think that if you get the performances right, then you'll get the points as well, and far more often to boot.

Salisbury Hibby
26-10-2014, 05:48 PM
Disagree. We were the better team without setting the heather on fire and it took a fluke/wonder strike to get them a point. Neither team is great but I'm delighteds we're starting to play a lot better. 6 unbeaten and if we play like we did today we are certainties for the play-offs at least.

Hertz fans are utterly deluded if they thinlk they are watching a good team. Has Fontaine let Sow out his back pocket yet?
We definitely outplayed them in the first half but both sides had good opportunities.

The second half, I felt we lost that advantage particularly after the substitutions.

bingo70
26-10-2014, 05:50 PM

Really good post imo.

Completely agree with you.

Kavinho
26-10-2014, 05:54 PM
Really good post imo.

Completely agree with you.

Cheers!!
(now how do I use these smiley emoticons properly....?!)

ancient hibee
26-10-2014, 05:55 PM
If our front two had been a bit sharper the game would have been over by half time.Malonga was off the pace though is definitely got the makings as has Cummings.I wouldn't want to stop his enthusiasm but he has to calm down.He was getting his feet in a fankle and getting on the wrong side of the ball and as Stubbs says has a lot to tearn.

For me the big mistake was allowing Oxley to faff around with his goal kicks and him trying to slow the game down.We had been totally dominant in the first half-never out of their faces-and this sent out the wrong message entirely and began to upset our rhythmn.OK we couldn't have played like that for 90 minutes but we could have played much further forward for longer.

silverhibee
26-10-2014, 05:59 PM

Have to ask why you think that was a good result today, 2 points dropped IMO.

We shouldn't be losing our home games.

Keith_M
26-10-2014, 06:01 PM
Today just highlighted the difference a decent striker would make to this team. With a better Centre Forward, we wouldn't have been on 1-0 waiting for the inevitable equalizer.

I just wonder where we would be now if El Alagui hadn't been injured.

Kavinho
26-10-2014, 06:08 PM
Today just highlighted the difference a decent striker would make to this team. With a better Centre Forward, we wouldn't have been on 1-0 waiting for the inevitable equalizer.

I just wonder where we would be now if El Alagui hadn't been injured.

Where I am with this is that - why do we view it as an inevitable equaliser...?
with more confidence in ourselves - we'd break that way of thinking, and become far more like them in the "I'm not worried, we'll always score" way of seeing things.

Yes, agreed we could have been further in front, but we weren't and equally, they had a couple of chances that can't be forgotten either.
But with 10 to go, and a man advantage, 1 should have been enough.

But loads of positives to be focussing on for me..

ancient hibee
26-10-2014, 06:10 PM

We didn't:greengrin

PPZPOL
26-10-2014, 06:12 PM

It would have been a good point had we buried Dumbarton and Raith in the previous 2 home games but rather than 7 points we've ended up with a bang average 3.

Spike Mandela
26-10-2014, 06:14 PM
Nobody is to blame. Team played well. Just another kick in the gonads

raeburnhibs
26-10-2014, 06:27 PM
I think the criticism of Malonga is unfair; he is what he is, if he was better he wouldn't be with us, therefore he will miss chances. Personally I think 5 (?) goals in however many games is very good. Remember our striker last year (I can't remember his name either) He ran around like a loony and worked his socks off….and didn't score. Enjoyed the fact we totally bossed the game and played really well.

Swedish hibee
26-10-2014, 07:42 PM
Stubbs interview on Hibs TV is up

silverhibee
26-10-2014, 07:45 PM
We didn't:greengrin

Blaming the drink. :thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
26-10-2014, 07:46 PM
***in mugged

Hiber-nation
26-10-2014, 07:52 PM
For me the big mistake was allowing Oxley to faff around with his goal kicks and him trying to slow the game down.We had been totally dominant in the first half-never out of their faces-and this sent out the wrong message entirely and began to upset our rhythmn.OK we couldn't have played like that for 90 minutes but we could have played much further forward for longer.

Spot on, I said this in another thread. The players' fitness levels should be good enough to play at a high tempo for longer.

Jonnyboy
26-10-2014, 07:56 PM
Stubbs interview on Hibs TV is up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4m5XCjTVTc&index=2&list=UUXKLs14yjDc5s7GJ1txkWxw

JimBHibees
26-10-2014, 08:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4m5XCjTVTc&index=2&list=UUXKLs14yjDc5s7GJ1txkWxw

Good interview obviously gutted but he is right slowly and surely we are heading in the right direction. Hope we can beat United on Wednesday and get to a cup semi final.

Hibby Kay-Yay
26-10-2014, 09:29 PM

It comes down to 2 things. Our home record and the run Hearts are on. I'd have taken a draw before the game. Still disappointed with a draw giving the performance but still, IMO, a good result.

silverhibee
26-10-2014, 10:08 PM
It comes down to 2 things. Our home record and the run Hearts are on. I'd have taken a draw before the game. Still disappointed with a draw giving the performance but still, IMO, a good result.

Fair do's. :aok:

Carheenlea
27-10-2014, 06:08 AM

A poor result against one of the poorest teams we have faced this season. We should have won at a canter.

Keith_M
27-10-2014, 06:12 AM
A poor result against one of the poorest teams we have faced this season. We should have won at a canter.

:confused:

Carheenlea
27-10-2014, 06:15 AM
:confused:

Hearts were atrocious. They have played better than that this season, and we should have won comfortably. Better than them in all areas (apart from freak goal scoring).

blackpoolhibs
27-10-2014, 06:52 AM
Hearts were atrocious. They have played better than that this season, and we should have won comfortably. Better than them in all areas (apart from freak goal scoring).

No they were not, they are a notch UP on anything we have faced this season. We played well yesterday and deserved to win, but they did what they do so much better than we have done for years, and ground out a result when it was undeserved.

truehibernian
27-10-2014, 07:17 AM
No they were not, they are a notch UP on anything we have faced this season. We played well yesterday and deserved to win, but they did what they do so much better than we have done for years, and ground out a result when it was undeserved.

I'd agree with that. I've watched both sides this season and that is the first game I've seen Nicolson, King and Sow completely neutralised. Hibs were compact and the work ethic was good. But Hearts still threatened, especially when they went for it after the sending off.

Gives me enormous encouragement for the Dundee Utd game - getting them at the right time, off field stuff seems to have muddied waters and they are off the back of a defeat - and we played as well as them in the pre-season game so the players know they have nothing to fear.

Dare I say I think we will win on Wednesday night.

Scottie
27-10-2014, 07:22 AM
:agree: They used their get out of jail card yesterday but we played very well and deserved the win. They are a good team it pains me to say but we are everybit as good as them on yesterday's display.

Kaiser1962
27-10-2014, 07:27 AM

I'd agree with that. I've watched both sides this season and that is the first game I've seen Nicolson, King and Sow completely neutralised. Hibs were compact and the work ethic wasgood. But Hearts still threatened, especially when they went for it after the sending off.

Agree with both of these. I suspect that the work we put in was the reason we were sitting deep as that level is difficult to maintain for the full period. That and we were in front and they were chasing the game. All in all I am reasonably satisfied with our progress and think that when we get to the business end of the season we will be much better prepared than we are just now. There are no prizes handed out until then.

Lucius Apuleius
27-10-2014, 07:30 AM
If our front two had been a bit sharper the game would have been over by half time.Malonga was off the pace though is definitely got the makings as has Cummings.I wouldn't want to stop his enthusiasm but he has to calm down.He was getting his feet in a fankle and getting on the wrong side of the ball and as Stubbs says has a lot to tearn.

Agree with Madonna. Frustrates the ship out of me. Still say as I have done all season we need to shoot on sight more. Tippy tippy in the box sucks.

Regarding Ox, unfortunately it has become the goalies duty to waste some time. Reckon their would still have been at least three extra minutes so they would have scored anyway. If that had been a hibby scoring that goal , despite the luck, we would be creaming ourselves.

JimBHibees
27-10-2014, 07:43 AM

Agree with that thought they were good and passed the ball well and it says alot for them especially Gomis that he was still going back and getting the ball when 10, you tend to think Hibs should have pushed up a bit and not allowed him the chance to do that though at the time we were comfortable until the wonder strike.

Was actually a very watchable derby with both teams passing the ball well.

heretoday
27-10-2014, 08:12 AM
:agree: They used their get out of jail card yesterday but we played very well and deserved the win. They are a good team it pains me to say but we are everybit as good as them on yesterday's display.

Best to be pleased at our display. In old green shirts too. Think how well we'd have done in the white!

Turkish Green
27-10-2014, 09:52 AM
I predicted last week that Hibs would not lose but in all honesty they should have won. They should have gone in at HT with more than just one goal and I thought to myself that this could turn round and bite us in the behind.

Hearts played the 2nd half further up the field while Hibs retreated their line of defence nearer their 18yd box. Even when down to 10 men the yams attacked. Hibs should have pushed up to try and get a 2nd but didn't. They started to look tired which is why nobody closed down the Turk. Fluke or not, it was a great finish to grab a point.

Overall a good performance but I suspect that the yams went away happier, feeling they had a win.

silverhibee
27-10-2014, 01:44 PM

They kept going until the final whistle, we decided to try and see the game out and turned of for a few minutes, it cost us dearly after playing so well for most of the game.

Yes we played very well in the game yesterday, but we only came away with 1 point when we needed 3 and that is the disappointing thing about it, draws at home won't attract fans back to watching the team in a hurry if we don't start taking 3 points at home from teams.