PDA

View Full Version : David goodwillie

Unseen work
24-10-2014, 10:59 PM
I know he's not everyone's cup of tea but personally think it's brilliant seeing a young Scottish player back playing close to his best. He's been a revelation at aberdeen and the amount of chances he sets up is incredible, must be one of the highest assists in the league.

As well as his work rate, holding the ball up and finishing chances again I think aberdeen could struggle to hold on to him

Bobo
24-10-2014, 11:17 PM
Thought he was honkin tonight, over weight, slow and pretty ineffectual? Glad he's nowhere near Easter Road.

Unseen work
24-10-2014, 11:54 PM
Thought he was honkin tonight, over weight, slow and pretty ineffectual? Glad he's nowhere near Easter Road.

Definetley not overweight, he's in great shape and constantly in the gym. I think he is faster than he looks, could tell when he was played through at a tight angle.

Granted tonight wasn't his best but his hold up play was good and got the assist for the only goal. Aberdeen in general were poor except flood who is brilliant IMO. Would without a doubt take goodie at hibs tho

Lucius Apuleius
25-10-2014, 08:52 AM
Gave up watching the game after 20 minutes, thought it was worse than watching us play.

HIBERNIAN-0762
25-10-2014, 10:39 AM

Agreed, and he missed a sitter as well, don't need his off the field antics either, we've had enough of that in the past, pity he's an erse as I rated him at one point.

we are hibs
25-10-2014, 11:08 AM
Watched the aberdeen game last night and thought he was poor

Since90+2
25-10-2014, 11:16 AM
I know he's not everyone's cup of tea but personally think it's brilliant seeing a young Scottish player back playing close to his best. He's been a revelation at aberdeen and the amount of chances he sets up is incredible, must be one of the highest assists in the league.

As well as his work rate, holding the ball up and finishing chances again I think aberdeen could struggle to hold on to him

A revelation at Aberdeen? You must be watching a different player to me. He has been rank every time I've seen him.

Billychaotic182
25-10-2014, 11:54 AM

Love this idea that players who work out are over weight. Guy is muscular not fat. However He is a total ****

blackpoolhibs
25-10-2014, 11:59 AM
Thought he was poor last night, although thats the first time i have seen him in a while. That Flood though is a player, he just does the easy thing all the time and is always available to receive the ball. :top marks

Frazerbob
25-10-2014, 12:10 PM
Thought he was poor last night, although thats the first time i have seen him in a while. That Flood though is a player, he just does the easy thing all the time and is always available to receive the ball. :top marks

I've been to quite a few Aberdeen games over the last couple seasons on account of my step son being a fan. Flood is an outstanding wee player. He puts in a ridiculous shift every game and controls all their build up play. Almost always my MOTM when I see them. I used to enjoy giving him stick when we played United a few years ago but would love him at ER now.

As for Goodwillie......he's murder and isn't winning over the Sheep I know, who hated him with a passion at Utd.

HibbyAndy
25-10-2014, 12:16 PM
Eh , Naw.

jdships
25-10-2014, 01:52 PM
Anonymous last night and if there wasn't the hype you would wonder how he was getting a game :rolleyes:
Watched up to half time and was bored stiff
Watched the rugfy second half - good value for money :greengrin

cleanyman
25-10-2014, 01:53 PM
This is his level.

A very average player.

Bronson
25-10-2014, 02:59 PM
Average player, complete tosser. Couldn't give a monkey's about him.

ancient hibee
25-10-2014, 06:05 PM
Scottish football is of such a poor standard that players who can't hack it down south come back and are treated as if they are on par with Ronaldo.

Unseen work
25-10-2014, 06:45 PM
A revelation at Aberdeen? You must be watching a different player to me. He has been rank every time I've seen him.

How much times have u seen him play out of interest? Everytime I have seen him play he creates a lot of chances and has a couple himself and holds the ball up well for the rest of the team.

And the fans I know seem to love him and think he's one of the best players. Says a lot he's starting ahead of Rooney

Future17
25-10-2014, 11:49 PM

He's got 2 assists for goals in 10 games this season. Eremenko is top in the Premiership with 4 and there are plenty between him and Goodwillie.

I haven't seen him since he's been back, but I never rated him at United and he was truly awful at Blackburn.

I think he might end up as one of these players who holds play up well and acts as a foil for a strike partner, but he's a long way off knowing that roles even at this level.