PDA

View Full Version : Board Rep

BroxburnHibee
24-10-2014, 05:30 PM
Who should Dotnet nominate then and why?

Just a bit of fun btw - not an official stance :greengrin

bingo70
24-10-2014, 05:34 PM
Dashing Bob.

We'd probably still be ***** (no offence Bob) but at least the manager would always be stylish, none of this Ill fitting trackie bottoms nonsense.

FranckSuzy
24-10-2014, 05:35 PM
Who should Dotnet nominate then and why?

Just a bit of fun btw - not an official stance :greengrin

Mrs. S :agree: A voice of reason but is not afraid to kick a few erses and is used to dealing with squabbling children :greengrin And she can keep :lips seal

DaveF
24-10-2014, 05:40 PM
In the interests of continued boardroom disharmony, I suggest Mibbes Aye or One Day Soon.

Board meetings would last for days as they pored over forward thinking, radical plans to take the club forward before releasing a statement telling us that unity and the status quo was the preferred option and we were all better together.

SunshineOnLeith
24-10-2014, 06:08 PM
Bob Marley's Dug, imagine the 'AOB' section of board minutes:

"BMD asked the meeting who their favourite Hibs player of the last ten years was, stating his was Leigh Griffiths, or Derek Riordan, he can't decide lol"

"BMD informed the meeting that he had read on Twitter that Hibs are signing Darren O'Dea, and wished to congratulate the management on the new signing. He emphasises he heard this story from a good source."

"BMD asked the meeting whether they like Mark Oxley. He stated that he does."

"BMD asked the meeting what their favourite stand at Easter Road Stadium is, his is the East."

"Leanne Dempster began repeatedly bouncing her head off the desk, while softly crying"

Up The Bracket
24-10-2014, 06:32 PM
Steve HFC, on the basis he'd probably hire a mime artist to convey his ideas to the board

PatHead
24-10-2014, 06:37 PM
Jack because he is big

SteveHFC
24-10-2014, 06:38 PM
Steve HFC, on the basis he'd probably hire a mime artist to convey his ideas to the board

:agree:

Lmc2105
24-10-2014, 06:40 PM
Just to so he could say GIRUY PETRIE and Co Baldy Foghorn for me :wink:

Big Frank
24-10-2014, 06:53 PM
Easy. Blackpool hibs. He'd make sure that the board concentrated on the team. He'd take no ****, im sure.

Sub : Jonnyboy. He'd make sure that the board knew how Hibernian was run correctly in the days before colour was invented.

lord bunberry
24-10-2014, 06:53 PM
I would like to nominate myself. I know nothing about running a business and I'm not very bright, but I promise to spill the beans after every board meeting. I will also promise to loosen the legs on Petrie's chair before he sits down.

McIntosh
24-10-2014, 06:54 PM
Hibsbollah would be formidable

FranckSuzy
24-10-2014, 06:54 PM
Just to so he could say GIRUY PETRIE and Co Baldy Foghorn for me :wink:

He doesn't need to be on the Board to do that :tee hee:

Time For Heroes
24-10-2014, 06:55 PM
PedanticHibee for me, imagine the minutes from the meetings :greengrin

marinello59
24-10-2014, 06:56 PM
BouncerRoss.
The drum would add atmosphere to any meeting.

Bostonhibby
24-10-2014, 07:01 PM
Petrie out, Carl Macar in, then the right questions would be asked :slipper:

We need more discipline in the boardroom

Jack
24-10-2014, 07:13 PM
Jack because he is big

Thank you.

Nomination accepted(ish) lol.

Yours sincerely

Big Jack :-)

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2014, 07:26 PM
Pat Stanton and Jimmy O'Rourke.

HIBEETILLIDIE
24-10-2014, 07:31 PM
Pat Stanton and Jimmy O'Rourke.

Joking apart, why not? I know Pat is a season ticket holder, not sure about Jimmy though.
If they are serious about instilling real change at ER then these are the type of people who should be involved, in some shape or form

Bostonhibby
24-10-2014, 07:35 PM
Going to run the risk of being branded one of those unfashionable negative types with this one so I'll start by saying I will get a vote because I am a shareholder.

However the criteria for verifying the "bona fides" of fans really does feel like an own goal when I think about those overseas or out of Edinburgh fans who go to great lengths to remain associated with their club (and would easily pass any credibility test as they are supporters club members) but happen not to have a season ticket due to distance - I know quite a few in that category - myself included - who certainly put more than the price of a season ticket into the club every year. They will feel a bit disenfranchised by this process as will other supporters clubs members who maybe don't have season tickets or shares for whatever reason.

I accept we have to start somewhere but I really do feel that it would not have been too much of a risk to include supporters club members along the same lines, or similar to the season ticket holder criteria. I suspect there will be a few supporters club members feeling the same way. The idea that a significant amount of supporters club members could somehow not be genuine supporters does feel a bit disconnected.

Anyhoo - will press the point at the next AGM, meantime I endorse the Blackpoolhibs nomination or Gordonsmith7 for the gig....................

Argylehibby
24-10-2014, 07:41 PM
Mrs. S :agree: A voice of reason but is not afraid to kick a few erses and is used to dealing with squabbling children :greengrin And she can keep :lips seal

Mrs S grits my vote too.

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2014, 08:05 PM
Joking apart, why not? I know Pat is a season ticket holder, not sure about Jimmy though.
If they are serious about instilling real change at ER then these are the type of people who should be involved, in some shape or form

I'm not joking, these 2 would straight away have the respect of everyone.

Gus Fring
24-10-2014, 08:07 PM

I believe that because Pat is technically currently an employee he isn't eligible. Could be wrong.

BroxburnHibee
24-10-2014, 08:09 PM
I'm not joking, these 2 would straight away have the respect of everyone.

Are they season ticket holders though?

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2014, 08:11 PM

I dont know, i thought Pat was and just imagined Jimmy would be?

Bostonhibby
24-10-2014, 08:17 PM

Might not meet the bona fide Hibs fan test if they are not...............:tin hat:

BroxburnHibee
24-10-2014, 08:21 PM
Might not meet the bona fide Hibs fan test if they are not...............:tin hat:

Well exactly - thankfully I'm in the same boat :tee hee:

oconnors_strip
24-10-2014, 08:26 PM
I dont know, i thought Pat was and just imagined Jimmy would be?

Sir pat is in hospitality every home game

Don't think he would want to be on the board

One Day Soon
24-10-2014, 08:29 PM
In the interests of continued boardroom disharmony, I suggest Mibbes Aye or One Day Soon.

Board meetings would last for days as they pored over forward thinking, radical plans to take the club forward before releasing a statement telling us that unity and the status quo was the preferred option and we were all better together.

I think you could be on to something here. If we take your analogy further we see that:

a) we'd win the arguments
b) we'd win all the votes
c) the majority of fans would support us
d) Rod would resign pretty quickly and announce he was thinking of moving to work in London
e) Leanne would take over unopposed
f) our fan base would pretty much double in weeks

You're wrong about one thing though, we wouldn't tolerate Board meetings talking pi5h for days. We learned at least that much from the Referendum. :wink:

However I'm nominating nonshinyfinish. That boardroom needs a good deal more of the surreal about it. If he's not available then Pedantic's the man. TDD would be a big screen party in the ground.

HibbyDave
25-10-2014, 12:47 PM
slightly off topic here but I understand there was a meeting HW Uni on Thursday that Leeann and Anne Budge attended to discuss the merits of fan ownership( can it work?)
Sorry if posted elsewhere!

I don't know the outcome. Did the debate decide it could work?

RIP Bestie
25-10-2014, 01:06 PM
I would pay for them as would so many others I'm sure

Phil D. Rolls
25-10-2014, 01:10 PM
Dashing Bob.

We'd probably still be ***** (no offence Bob) but at least the manager would always be stylish, none of this Ill fitting trackie bottoms nonsense.

:aok: