PDA

View Full Version : Police Warning Ahead Of The Derby

Keith_M
24-10-2014, 02:26 PM
"Police in Edinburgh are reminding Hearts and Hibs fans that a policing operation will be in place at this weekend’s derby match to identify anyone in possession of alcohol, fireworks or flares."

"In addition, police will be assisting stewards to carry out searches outside the ground to prevent illegal or prohibited items being smuggled in. A specially trained police dog will be deployed to detect explosive or combustible materials."

Link (http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/edinburgh-derby-police-warn-hearts-and-hibs-fans-1-3583075)

tamig
24-10-2014, 02:29 PM
"Police in Edinburgh are reminding Hearts and Hibs fans that a policing operation will be in place at this weekend’s derby match to identify anyone in possession of alcohol, fireworks or flares."

"In addition, police will be assisting stewards to carry out searches outside the ground to prevent illegal or prohibited items being smuggled in. A specially trained police dog will be deployed to detect explosive or combustible materials."

Link (http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/edinburgh-derby-police-warn-hearts-and-hibs-fans-1-3583075)

Seem to have heard this one several times before and it hasn't stopped the smoke bombs and the like :rolleyes:

They really need to get more of these dugs.

MSK
24-10-2014, 02:37 PM

Link (http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/edinburgh-derby-police-warn-hearts-and-hibs-fans-1-3583075)Dug better keep its nose well away from my chorus & verse then ...Im on the cabbage tonight !!!

HibbyAndy
24-10-2014, 02:40 PM
Dug better keep its nose well away from my chorus & verse then ...Im on the cabbage tonight !!!

:hilarious

:thumbsup:

wearethehibs
24-10-2014, 02:42 PM
Also be sure not to film any police you think are being a bit naughty. Its illegal you know :(

Spike Mandela
24-10-2014, 02:54 PM

......thank God it's not the1970's, everyone would be arrested.:greengrin

Stranraer
24-10-2014, 03:06 PM
Didn't bother them much the fact that everyone was drinking ootside the Roseburn last time round.

Oscar T Grouch
24-10-2014, 03:16 PM
Also be sure not to film any police you think are being a bit naughty. Its illegal you know :(

Is it? Under what law would taking a video in a public place be illegal? I love videoing the polis, cause they hate it :wink: My sister was married to a weegie polis, I used to sit in their front room videoing him, he'd get really annoyed, I just told him its payback for all the cr@p from visiting darkheid and hunbox, he is a the rangers fan too, so that made it all the more fun, for me. (I know, I am juvenile)

wearethehibs
24-10-2014, 04:11 PM
Is it? Under what law would taking a video in a public place be illegal? I love videoing the polis, cause they hate it :wink: My sister was married to a weegie polis, I used to sit in their front room videoing him, he'd get really annoyed, I just told him its payback for all the cr@p from visiting darkheid and hunbox, he is a the rangers fan too, so that made it all the more fun, for me. (I know, I am juvenile)

I was being sarcastic.

What I should have said is, it will bring undue attention to the individual filming and the **** bag power hungry cops will look for any excuse to arrest you and cost you money in legal fees, a phone contract, a season ticket and have to take days of work for court apperences.

Can you tell I have some experience with this ha.

Oh and once you've been wrongfully arrested don't expect any help from the club you have supported and put money into for most of your life.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
24-10-2014, 04:28 PM
Seem to have heard this one several times before and it hasn't stopped the smoke bombs and the like :rolleyes:

They really need to get more of these dugs.

That's where I come in :greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
24-10-2014, 05:26 PM
I was being sarcastic.

What I should have said is, it will bring undue attention to the individual filming and the **** bag power hungry cops will look for any excuse to arrest you and cost you money in legal fees, a phone contract, a season ticket and have to take days of work for court apperences.

Can you tell I have some experience with this ha.

Oh and once you've been wrongfully arrested don't expect any help from the club you have supported and put money into for most of your life.

Why would the club help you with this? Surely that is what lawyers are for?

FranckSuzy
24-10-2014, 05:37 PM

:faf:

snooky
24-10-2014, 05:38 PM
The same police who stood by and casually looked on as the Soapdodging fans set off two flares at the ER/London Road junction last season.
This was after a warning of zero tolerance in the media the day before.
:ostrich: :yawn:

Alfred E Newman
24-10-2014, 05:44 PM
What will the stance be against the Hearts fans that run on to the park . No action as usual I would imagine.

NOLA
24-10-2014, 05:54 PM
are inflatable bananas ok to bring along? just found my old one up the attic :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
24-10-2014, 06:19 PM
Paul Daniels must be assisting if they've only got one dog.

Sir David Gray
24-10-2014, 08:04 PM
What will the stance be against the Hearts fans that run on to the park . No action as usual I would imagine.

Most of them run on the park to celebrate them scoring a goal.

One way to stop that.

tamig
24-10-2014, 08:05 PM

Suspect Bob Marley's dug would be immune to the smell of illicit substances and anything that smokes or is capable of being smoked :-)

BOB MARLEYS DUG
24-10-2014, 08:13 PM
Suspect Bob Marley's dug would be immune to the smell of illicit substances and anything that smokes or is capable of being smoked :-)

:thumbsup:

SteveHFC
24-10-2014, 08:14 PM

Which breed are you mate? :wink:

leggeto
24-10-2014, 09:02 PM

Just get that big fella the decked one of them last time to patrol the touchline behind the goals, sorted

Jack
24-10-2014, 10:19 PM
Most of them run on the park to celebrate them scoring a goal.

One way to stop that.

Sniper?

Sir David Gray
24-10-2014, 10:36 PM
Sniper?

I was thinking more along the lines of stopping them scoring in the first place but should they actually score on Sunday and any of them attempt to invade the pitch to celebrate, I'm more than happy with this solution.

In fact even if they don't attempt to invade the pitch, that sounds like a good idea.

I like it. :aok:

silverhibee
24-10-2014, 10:56 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of stopping them scoring in the first place but should they actually score on Sunday and any of them attempt to invade the pitch to celebrate, I'm more than happy with this solution.

In fact even if they don't attempt to invade the pitch, that sounds like a good idea.

I like it. :aok:

Uzi would be better. :greengrin

silverhibee
24-10-2014, 10:58 PM
The dog will get confused with all the green it see's. :wink:

silverhibee
24-10-2014, 11:00 PM
Come to think of it they keep saying these sniffer dogs will be there but i really can't remember of ever seeing one sniffing at derbies.

The young team will stink of hugo boss tomorrow.

Dr Jimmy
25-10-2014, 06:12 AM
Dug better keep its nose well away from my chorus & verse then ...Im on the cabbage tonight !!!

You could be the first guy in history to break a sniffer dog!

linlithgowhibbie
25-10-2014, 03:46 PM

No its not!

Beefster
25-10-2014, 07:35 PM

It's not just Hibs. I've been wrongfully arrested a few times and M&S won't lift a finger even although I spend a ****ing fortune on their food.

DC_Hibs
25-10-2014, 08:14 PM
I'm planning on going absolutely f***** mental tomorrow, safe in the knowledge that Hibs.net (choirboys collective) will pay the subsequent fines as normal.

Regards
A Mentalist.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-10-2014, 08:19 PM
Which breed are you mate? :wink:

Rastafarian Terrier mate. :agree:

Scouse Hibee
25-10-2014, 08:24 PM
Rastafarian Terrier mate. :agree:

I've heard from a mutual acquaintance that you're more like a poodle :wink:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-10-2014, 08:25 PM
I've heard from a mutual acquaintance that you're more like a poodle :wink:

:greengrin

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-10-2014, 02:23 PM
What is wrong with these idiots??

.Sean.
26-10-2014, 02:32 PM
What is wrong with these idiots??
They're nearly as boring and tiresome as your incessant posting.

Pretty Boy
26-10-2014, 02:39 PM
Talking about Police.

Why did I get held behind a big metal barrier for the best part of 40 minutes post game stopping me heading towards home? I was told to take a 15/20 minute detour as they had to let Hearts fans out.

We get held in at Ibrox, held in at Celtic Park, held in at Pittodrie, there's a big barrier stopping us going towards the home support at Tynecastle yet they get treated like royalty at ER. **** them. After waiting for ages and the Police being questioned he said we were being held longer because the Hearts fans were 'letting off rockets and flares'. My reply of 'well going arrest them and do your job rather than herding us like cattle' didn't go down to well.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-10-2014, 02:41 PM
They're nearly as boring and tiresome as your incessant posting.

Aye nae bother then lol :aok:

The Tubs
26-10-2014, 02:41 PM
Talking about Police.

Why did I get held behind a big metal barrier for the best part of 40 minutes post game stopping me heading towards home? I was told to take a 15/20 minute detour as they had to let Hearts fans out.

We get held in at Ibrox, held in at Celtic Park, held in at Pittodrie, there's a big barrier stopping us going towards the home support at Tynecastle yet they get treated like royalty at ER. **** them. After waiting for ages and the Police being questioned he said we were being held longer because the Hearts fans were 'letting off rockets and flares'. My reply of 'well going arrest them and do your job rather than herding us like cattle' didn't go down to well.

Busy c@&ts!

silverhibee
26-10-2014, 07:49 PM
What happened to the dugs or were they not used due to the heavy winds hindering there sniffing smells.

Stantons Angel
26-10-2014, 08:02 PM
Talking about Police.

You have made a very valid point and this should be looked into! it really annoys me too that i have to walk away down the road to get a bus home against clubs like this!

When as you say we are kept behind at all the big grounds away from home!

The cup game at Ibrox at the beginning of the season was a great example to look at too! After having to play another of 30mins of extra time they kept the Hibs support locked in the ground for a further 40mins and deprived us the use of toilet facilities.

As well as this it means that the Edinburgh bound motorway section is backed up from the M8 entry roads to Ibrox and all the Hibs support have to wait another 30mins to get on the motorway to Edinburgh.

The time we get back to Edinburgh its nearly midnight and if anyone is to catch a last bus home its gone!!!

N.B. There must have been some incident in Princes Street after the game as there were 5 policemen coming of a no 16 bus after what seemed like a search had taken place?

Scouse Hibee
26-10-2014, 08:05 PM
You have made a very valid point and this should be looked into! it really annoys me too that i have to walk away down the road to get a bus home against clubs like this!

When as you say we are kept behind at all the big grounds away from home!

The cup game at Ibrox at the beginning of the season was a great example to look at too! After having to play another of 30mins of extra time they kept the Hibs support locked in the ground for a further 40mins. They even deprived us the use of toilet facilities till all their support were away from the ground.

As well as this it means that the Edinburgh bound motorway section is backed up from the M8 entry roads to Ibrox and all the Hibs support have to weight another 30mins to get on the motorway to Edinburgh.

The time we get back to Edinburgh its nearly midnight and if anyone is to catch a last bus home its gone!!!

There must have been some incident in Princes Street after the game as there were 5 policemen coming of a no 16 bus after what seemed like a search had taken place?

Hold back the away support at Easter Road and give us a chance to get on our buses home away from the ****!"!

There was no incident they just got a bus back to the West End, they had a laugh with a few folk.

garys
27-10-2014, 08:05 AM
I would just like to "thank" the twats setting off the smoke bomb at the end of the game! Thanks to them the wheelchair fans in the upper section of the west stand were left stranded for a substantial amount of time as the lift was automatically shut down when the alarms go off!! NAE NEED!!

bobbyhibs1983
27-10-2014, 10:04 AM
There was no incident they just got a bus back to the West End, they had a laugh with a few folk.

The police got on the bus after a group of guys,(i dunno if they were footie fans they had no colours at all) just after the round about just above leith walk(i think)
I did notice they didn't pay though!!:greengrin

Keith_M
27-10-2014, 11:42 AM
I wonder if the Police, after issuing a warning before the game about the behaviour of fans, will let us know how many Hearts fans they arrested for sectarian singing.

linlithgowhibbie
27-10-2014, 11:47 AM
Talking about Police.

Sorry Pretty Boy but better that than fighting/assaults and injuries. No one made you wait 40 mins, there was an alternative, albeit an inconvenient one, that you could have used.
It is annoying but better annoyed than being in A&E in my opinion

Scouse Hibee
27-10-2014, 11:49 AM
The police got on the bus after a group of guys,(i dunno if they were footie fans they had no colours at all) just after the round about just above leith walk(i think)
I did notice they didn't pay though!!:greengrin

I was there too got on to get a lift back to the West End nothing more sinister.

Scouse Hibee
27-10-2014, 11:52 AM
I asked cops about this last season, response was thst the away crowd for Hearts, Rangers and Celtic is too big to hold back in the ground.

Hermit Crab
27-10-2014, 03:01 PM
The sniffer dog needs its P45 after failing to detect the smoke bombs in the away end.

Pretty Boy
27-10-2014, 03:39 PM
Sorry Pretty Boy but better that than fighting/assaults and injuries. No one made you wait 40 mins, there was an alternative, albeit an inconvenient one, that you could have used.
It is annoying but better annoyed than being in A&E in my opinion

I've no issue with fans being held back, I understand why. Should have been them though.

It's a smaller number, easier area to contain and those living locally are likely to clear the area quicker. We get held back almost everywhere we go when there is a risk of trouble so can't see why it's different at ER.

Pretty Boy
27-10-2014, 03:41 PM
I asked cops about this last season, response was thst the away crowd for Hearts, Rangers and Celtic is too big to hold back in the ground.

5500 of us were held back after the 0-3 Scottish Cup game at Ibrox a few years ago.

easty
27-10-2014, 03:45 PM
Talking about Police.

I do think it's them rather than us who get held back.

On a more positive note, security/police related, when they scored and their standard muppets tried to run over to us, the security/police were on them right away, for a change.

Hannah_hfc
27-10-2014, 03:57 PM
I do think it's them rather than us who get held back.

On a more positive note, security/police related, when they scored and their standard muppets tried to run over to us, the security/police were on them right away, for a change.
Noticed that as well, police and stewards had quite a task on the bottom corner of the stand beside the west stand when they scored.

weonlywon6-2
27-10-2014, 04:01 PM
What happened to the dugs or were they not used due to the heavy winds hindering there sniffing smells.

Dogs are on an overtime ban

weonlywon6-2
27-10-2014, 04:05 PM

Yep,and to big to go over the bridge at Bothwell street.Theyve done this as far back as i can remember