PDA

View Full Version : Sage Words from a Hibs legend

hibs4life
24-10-2014, 02:21 PM
Pat giving some of his thoughts ahead of the derby...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29756817 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29756817)

emerald green
24-10-2014, 02:46 PM
One very telling quote from Pat was the following:

"The Hibs support are not the enemy of the club. And what other recourse do they have other than a wee meeting or a demonstration, just to show they are not happy with the way things are going? They are not trying to undermine the club, they just want to see the club do well".

FWIW, I think Pat is spot on, and is putting it very diplomatically indeed when he referred to "not happy with the way things are going". Finger pointed straight at Petrie IMHO.

Time for people to stop posting on this forum that it's the fans that are to blame for the club being in its current position (although I don't suppose some of them will for whatever reason).

BTW, nobody is blaming AS or LD for this (I don't think!). The damage was done long before they arrived, and they were left to pick up the pieces.

Golden Bear
24-10-2014, 03:23 PM
One very telling quote from Pat was the following:

"The Hibs support are not the enemy of the club. And what other recourse do they have other than a wee meeting or a demonstration, just to show they are not happy with the way things are going? They are not trying to undermine the club, they just want to see the club do well".

FWIW, I think Pat is spot on, and is putting it very diplomatically indeed when he referred to "not happy with the way things are going". Finger pointed straight at Petrie IMHO.

Time for people to stop posting on this forum that it's the fans that are to blame for the club being in its current position (although I don't suppose some of them will for whatever reason).

BTW, nobody is blaming AS or LD for this (I don't think!). The damage was done long before they arrived, and they were left to pick up the pieces.

Oh yes they were!

Ridiculous I know, but more than a few posters already had them earmarked for the bullet.

Stantons Angel
24-10-2014, 04:43 PM
Oh yes they were!

Ridiculous I know, but more than a few posters already had them earmarked for the bullet.

This i believe was one of the reasons for Leeanne's letter on here last week!!

Pat will always tell it like it is and the current players should forget their own egos and take the time to read this piece.

Its a privilege and an honor to pull that jersey over their heads and they should listen to someone who knows what he is talking too.

Well said Pat!!!

emerald green
24-10-2014, 05:48 PM
Oh yes they were!

If they were, then I agree with you that's ridiculous GB.

AS & LD surely cannot be blamed for events which took place (or didn't take place) before they even arrived at the club. :rolleyes:

HIBEETILLIDIE
24-10-2014, 06:42 PM
Pat giving some of his thoughts ahead of the derby...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29756817 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29756817)

Given that Pat is not officially employed by the-well not to my knowledge anyway-and with the announcement of fans becoming board members, what better candidate than of the greatest Hibs players AND supporters of all time?

HIBEETILLIDIE
24-10-2014, 06:45 PM
Given that Pat is not officially employed by the-well not to my knowledge anyway-and with the announcement of fans becoming board members, what better candidate than of the greatest Hibs players AND supporters of all time?

I meant employed by the club, but even if he is employed in some shape or form, i think he would be an ideal board member!
It would be great to have at least one dyed in the wool Hibby on the board!

eastcoasthibby
25-10-2014, 08:32 AM
LD was brought in so Petrie could continue to weasel about in the club undermining and restricting anything that was a financial cost he doesn't't like , while LD is fronting a restructuring that has no cost to the owners !! & AS Is providing what he can on the park with significant financial constraints as the owners are refusing to invest anything of their own, even though they know we desperately need it.
Your right AS & LD are working hard for us , whilst STF & TACHE are pulling the rug from under their feet every time they try to take a step forward .
Pat makes his points very succinctly cos he knows it's a very difficult balance, anything openly adverse and those two will to exception and through it at him.
Great to have this legend with us in all ways.

Hibbyradge
25-10-2014, 08:40 AM

How many people have posted this?

Could you post links to their comments so I can read what they're saying, please. :aok:

Phil D. Rolls
25-10-2014, 09:31 AM
LD was brought in so Petrie could continue to weasel about in the club undermining and restricting anything that was a financial cost he doesn't't like , while LD is fronting a restructuring that has no cost to the owners !! & AS Is providing what he can on the park with significant financial constraints as the owners are refusing to invest anything of their own, even though they know we desperately need it.
Your right AS & LD are working hard for us , whilst STF & TACHE are pulling the rug from under their feet every time they try to take a step forward .
Pat makes his points very succinctly cos he knows it's a very difficult balance, anything openly adverse and those two will to exception and through it at him.
Great to have this legend with us in all ways.

How much of this is fact, and how much is speculation? You talk like you speak to these people regularly.

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-10-2014, 10:38 AM
I don't suppose that any fan would have any disagreement with the points that Pat has made and for me at least, they carry enough weight without the need to be backed up by the fact that he is both icon and legend. That said, I wonder if comments like these are being used to artificially foster a show down between RP and Sir Pat, almost daring the chairman to cross that line

Unseen work
25-10-2014, 11:09 AM
For me the problems lie at hibs as a collective problem, you can't point the finger specifically at one person.
the board - bad choice of management, too easily influenced by the fans and not having a back bone (hiring butcher, sacking yogi)

Managers- not spending there budget wisely, not preparing for games correctly or having control over the squad

players - failing to settle, not picking up form or improving from previous seasons, lack of fight and desire

fans - too quick to judge players and get on their back making it hard for them to settle

history - up until about 2009 we were a team expecting to challenge for Europe every season and have always had great youngsters coming through, with us not doing that for a couple of seasons it brought a real sense of under achievement as we should be a top 4 team. Making it harder for the players and manager to just focus without the pressure of previous failures

Kato
25-10-2014, 11:13 AM
For me the problems lie at hibs as a collective problem, you can't point the finger specifically at one person.

Yes you can.

The buck has to stop somewhere. We've sacked/moved on manager after manager, we've signed and moved on whole clusters of players, many fans have stopped going altogether.

The root cause and main reason for the downward spiral lies with the one constant, Rod Petrie.

Phil D. Rolls
25-10-2014, 11:51 AM
Yes you can.

The buck has to stop somewhere. We've sacked/moved on manager after manager, we've signed and moved on whole clusters of players, many fans have stopped going altogether.

The root cause and main reason for the downward spiral lies with the one constant, Rod Petrie.

The one constant is the fans. Make of that what you will.

Kato
25-10-2014, 11:53 AM
The one constant is the fans. Make of that what you will.

What do you make of it?

emerald green
25-10-2014, 05:04 PM
How many people have posted this?

Could you post links to their comments so I can read what they're saying, please. :aok:

I haven't counted them TBH.

The posts are there if you want to look for them yourself. I really haven't got the time or the inclination TBH, sorry.

Are you seriously saying that you've never read posts on this forum from some fans suggesting that poor performances on the pitch are as a result of fans lack of support, verbal abuse etc? I've never said that doesn't ever happen, but it's not the reason the club got relegated.

Stantons Angel
25-10-2014, 06:10 PM

I agree entirely he is the best candidate possible, as previously said he is an icon and a REAL legend! He also knows what football is about and how its played.

He led this club on the field of play with dignity and honour and he will never let them down.

The club want "supporters" on the board, well this man is a supporter of this club and i dont think any Hibs supporter would grudge him a place on the board!

I will personally put him forward now, PAT STANTON is my candidate for a position on the board of HIBERNIAN F.C.!

How many backers do i have then?

kaimendhibs
25-10-2014, 06:18 PM
I agree entirely he is the best candidate possible, as previously said he is an icon and a REAL legend! He also knows what football is about and how its played.

He led this club on the field of play with dignity and honour and he will never let them down.

The club want "supporters" on the board, well this man is a supporter of this club and i dont think any Hibs supporter would grudge him a place on the board!

I will personally put him forward now, PAT STANTON is my candidate for a position on the board of HIBERNIAN F.C.!

Me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Day
25-10-2014, 08:34 PM

I'm with you on that Jeanette

Hermit Crab
25-10-2014, 10:57 PM
I'm with you on that Jeanette

Mickey Weir.

Islington Hibs
26-10-2014, 07:48 AM

agree- he should, if he is willing, be one of the two representatives. Perhaps the other should be 'just an ordinary fan, preferably without an axe to grind.