PDA

View Full Version : Murphy recalls Hibs ending Hearts' unbeaten run in 2005.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
23-10-2014, 04:22 PM
Good wee read :-)

http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/murphy-recalls-how-hibs-ended-hearts-unbeaten-run-1-3581443

LordBamba
23-10-2014, 04:38 PM
Great read. Went to look at the comments and unsurprisingly it's hearts fans going on about 5-1 and 1902, they're so obsessed about reading and commenting on Hibs related articles it's embarrassing

SaulGoodman
23-10-2014, 04:47 PM
I love that man.

Ps, it wasn't a header from Jones in the cup QF, but we'll let him off :duck:

woodythehibee
23-10-2014, 05:39 PM
Great guy and a fantastic footballer. Was a pleasure watching him.

bigstu
23-10-2014, 05:45 PM
Great player. A modern day Hibs legend

emerald green
23-10-2014, 06:04 PM
Great read. Went to look at the comments and unsurprisingly it's hearts fans going on about 5-1 and 1902, they're so obsessed about reading and commenting on Hibs related articles it's embarrassing

It's the same sad cases day in, day out, trolling on every Hibs article.

Winston Ingram
23-10-2014, 06:08 PM
I joined Hibs.net that very day:greengrin

'We are unbeatable, we are unbeatable ' :singing:

Michael
23-10-2014, 06:32 PM
I recently watched the highlights of a few of our derby wins of that era and the quality of football (from both sides) in some of those matches was superb - not surprising really considering the players we (and unfortunately they) had at the time.

portyhibernian
23-10-2014, 08:19 PM
Hope dangerous Dave can get up for a game at some point, great player for us remember being gutted when he was sold!

EastCalderHibby
23-10-2014, 09:03 PM

for the mutants looking in why dont you comment on 0-7 or 6-2 or 1986 or you're admin adventure the list is endless
so when you climb of you're high horse / sister give you're team the high 5

NadeAteMyLunch!
23-10-2014, 09:22 PM
Unbelievable player!

I've never seen anything quite like the Hearts trolls on the evening news/Scotsman stories. Genuinely one of the saddest things I've ever witnessed. There's football banter then there's that. No danger can any of them have jobs and they've certainly never been within touching distance of a ride

givescotlandfreedom
23-10-2014, 09:52 PM
Murphy was a class act and hasn't been bettered in his position since. Don't worry about the comments below that's just their journos ;)

Pretty Boy
23-10-2014, 10:42 PM
David Murphy was a talented player who had all the attributes to play at a higher level, had it not been for injuries I don't think we would have been lucky enough to have him.

His biggest attribute though was that he 'got' Hibs. It meant something for him to play for us, his interview after the CIS Cup Final confirms that. Great player with a great attitude.

NadeAteMyLunch!
23-10-2014, 11:30 PM
David Murphy was a talented player who had all the attributes to play at a higher level, had it not been for injuries I don't think we would have been lucky enough to have him.

His biggest attribute though was that he 'got' Hibs. It meant something for him to play for us, his interview after the CIS Cup Final confirms that. Great player with a great attitude.

That was his biggest attribute along with his first touch. Oh my! That first touch!!

MWHIBBIES
23-10-2014, 11:54 PM
Those comments :faf:

Do they ever talk about something other than Hibs?

.Sean.
24-10-2014, 01:22 AM
My favourite ever Hibs player alongside Boozy, Riordan and GOC.

It's a term that gets bandied about all too often but IMO he's a bona-fide legend. Genuinely never seen him have an off day.

DarrenSQH
24-10-2014, 07:21 AM
Good read. Went and watched the game back on YouTube. What a team that was.

Riordan was everywhere that day. You forget how good he actually was

Craig_HFC
24-10-2014, 07:59 AM
My favourite Hibs player ever. Can't remember him ever having a bad game.

If he had had a bit more pace then he'd easily be playing every week in the Premier League for a big club. Possibly would have got a few caps for England too.

And his first touch... :top marks

Hibee87
24-10-2014, 08:14 AM
Good read. Went and watched the game back on YouTube. What a team that was.

Riordan was everywhere that day. You forget how good he actually was

Got a link? I tried finding it the other day when i read the article but couldnt :confused:

hibeesathampden
24-10-2014, 08:55 AM
Got a link? I tried finding it the other day when i read the article but couldnt :confused:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BCH2_AyIZWI

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-10-2014, 09:48 AM
Murphs was the perfect signing. Fitted in from the start, great ability, connected with fans , sold on for decent cash and didn't skittle off to the Old Filth .
Trolling Yams are just showing off about how quickly you can type with six fingers.

Billychaotic182
24-10-2014, 09:55 AM
The man is the best left back I've seen hibs have in my life time.

hibsbollah
24-10-2014, 12:12 PM
The man is the best left back I've seen hibs have in my life time.

:agree: We had a thread about Murph a while back and most of the old timers reckoned he was better than Schaedler, who was pretty much adored by everyone.

There's definitely a good case for Murphy to be in an all time Hibs eleven

Hibee87
24-10-2014, 02:25 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BCH2_AyIZWI

Cheers, ill have a swatch when i get home :aok:

NadeAteMyLunch!
24-10-2014, 03:32 PM
We never won as many trophies as we should have during that golden period but when that team look back on their careers in 10-15 years time, I guarantee they all have their time at Hibs as their highlight. Special times

nonshinyfinish
25-10-2014, 11:03 AM
His attitude, his reading of the game, his consistency, and to quote J. Cummings, his 'touch of an angel'.

Undoubtedly a Hibs legend and certainly the best in his position in my lifetime.

Bay Area Hibees
26-10-2014, 02:28 AM
Unbelievable player!

I've never seen anything quite like the Hearts trolls on the evening news/Scotsman stories. Genuinely one of the saddest things I've ever witnessed. There's football banter then there's that. No danger can any of them have jobs and they've certainly never been within touching distance of a ride

Reading this night before game in San francisco, gave me right good f ing laugh. Totally on the money!!!!

nice job

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-10-2014, 08:01 AM
Reading this night before game in San francisco, gave me right good f ing laugh. Totally on the money!!!!

nice job

👍