PDA

View Full Version : Ballotelli.

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2014, 07:51 AM
He's not that good, he's always in trouble and he courts controversy at EVERY club he's been at. What the hell was Brendan Rodgers thinking about when he signed him?

Listening to talk sport this morning, they are going ballistic that he changed his shirt with Pepe at half time, something thats done on the continent every week.

Watching Souness and Redknapp tear into him last night, when he'd not been the worst player playing in red in my opinion is bordering on bullying.

There's a hate campaign starting against this player by the tv, written and radio media in my opinion, just because he's not replaced Suarez, when the real person they should be venting their anger at is Rodgers.

He's never been an out and out goalscorer, or even a player who leads the line that well on his own. And playing up front last night on his own, against the best club side in Europe was never going to be easy.

When they took him off, did Sterling do any better?

Hibernia&Alba
23-10-2014, 07:55 AM
He isn't the first to swap shirts at half time, though I can't understand why players do it, and at 3-0 down it looked an act of submission. Balotelli isn't the full shilling, but Rodgers knew that and took him anyway.

JimBHibees
23-10-2014, 08:07 AM
He's not that good, he's always in trouble and he courts controversy at EVERY club he's been at. What the hell was Brendan Rodgers thinking about when he signed him?

Listening to talk sport this morning, they are going ballistic that he changed his shirt with Pepe at half time, something thats done on the continent every week.

Watching Souness and Redknapp tear into him last night, when he'd not been the worst player playing in red in my opinion is bordering on bullying.

There's a hate campaign starting against this player by the tv, written and radio media in my opinion, just because he's not replaced Suarez, when the real person they should be venting their anger at is Rodgers.

He's never been an out and out goalscorer, or even a player who leads the line that well on his own. And playing up front last night on his own, against the best club side in Europe was never going to be easy.

Agree with that the criticism is out of context. He has ability however is very up and down. He is an easy target and Rodgers isn't getting the best out of him. Seems to be set up as a scapegoat for Liverpools poor start to the season. He isn't the only new signing not producing including others who cost more than he did and aren't starting games.

HFC 0-7
23-10-2014, 08:15 AM

bullying? Really? He does deserve the criticism, just look at you opening to the thread where you talk about him courting controversy at every club! There is a reason for that! He wasn't the worst player but in terms of what he is capable of he is the furthest away from playing to the top of their game.

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2014, 08:20 AM
bullying? Really? He does deserve the criticism, just look at you opening to the thread where you talk about him courting controversy at every club! There is a reason for that! He wasn't the worst player but in terms of what he is capable of he is the furthest away from playing to the top of their game.

I'd say it is on the verge of bullying, in fact Souness alluded to it last night when asked if he was up front when Souness was playing in midfield for Liverpool.

Brightside
23-10-2014, 08:41 AM

Souness is a terrible pundit. Always a huge mistake to have ex liverpool players being pundits on their games. Their heads are too drilled will tradition etc. Liverpool were beaten last night because they defended like school children. CB's were shocking and Glen Johnson is never a permierleague player in a million years. I'm worried they might try and get Hanlon off us now.

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2014, 08:42 AM
Souness is a terrible pundit. Always a huge mistake to have ex liverpool players being pundits on their games. Their heads are too drilled will tradition etc. Liverpool were beaten last night because they defended like school children. CB's were shocking and Glen Johnson is never a permierleague player in a million years. I'm worried they might try and get Hanlon off us now.

:greengrin

Brightside
23-10-2014, 08:43 AM
Agree with that the criticism is out of context. He has ability however is very up and down. He is an easy target and Rodgers isn't getting the best out of him. Seems to be set up as a scapegoat for Liverpools poor start to the season. He isn't the only new signing not producing including others who cost more than he did and aren't starting games.

You only get the best out of him next to another striker. Once sturridge in fit again they will score plenty. Sterling is never a striker and should have been playing as RWB.

scott7_0(Prague)
23-10-2014, 08:59 AM
I believe the shirt swapping goes against some internal policy Liverpool implemented, that's the main issue for BR.

HIBERNIAN-0762
23-10-2014, 09:12 AM
I'm worried they might try and get Hanlon off us now.

:hilarious

PeterboroHibee
23-10-2014, 09:30 AM

I agree theres a bit of a hate campaign against him, but he has been very poor so far. He continually makes the wrong decisions, he rarely looks for team mates, he never looks like scoring, and although its something we all knew, he just doesnt put any work in, even when it isnt going well. When things arent going well for a player, its always best to keep your head down (ie not swapping shirts at HT on the pitch) and to put in that extra bit of effort.

I think the signing of Balotelli was definitely a mistake by Rodgers though, as he just doesnt fit into the style of play they are after. They were never going to replace Suarez, but they could have at least found someone with similar attributes. I think so far Rodgers has proved to be fairly inept when it comes to signing players for that level of club. Apart from Sturridge and possibly Coutinho, most of his signings havent really made any sort of impact on the team, and hes spent a lot of money. Perhaps the biggest worry for them is that hes struggled yet again to solve their defensive problems.

The_Horde
23-10-2014, 10:45 AM
Quite funny that a club who defended suarez time and time again are getting a bit irate about a half time shirt swap.

JimBHibees
23-10-2014, 10:59 AM
;4205590']Quite funny that a club who defended suarez time and time again are getting a bit irate about a half time shirt swap.

Agree totally.

Winston Ingram
23-10-2014, 10:59 AM
Balotelli was a very strange signing. Great ability but to replace Saurez's work rate with Balotelli's was suicide.

Haymaker
23-10-2014, 11:02 AM
Pressure must be building on Rodgers, his signings are questionable and results are not happening.

Winston Ingram
23-10-2014, 11:14 AM
Pressure must be building on Rodgers, his signings are questionable and results are not happening.

The guy had a go at Spurs last year saying they should win the league with the amount they spent. He spent more and they're worse.

Lovren, Manquillo, Allen, Balotelli, Lambert, Markovic, Borini, Can, Mignolet, Allen, Sakho have been poor. I'd only give him pass marks for Sturridge and Coutinho.

He's proven that all you need to be a good manager is Luis Suarez :duck:

Haymaker
23-10-2014, 11:25 AM
The guy had a go at Spurs last year saying they should win the league with the amount they spent. He spent more and they're worse.

Lovren, Manquillo, Allen, Balotelli, Lambert, Markovic, Borini, Can, Mignolet, Allen, Sakho have been poor. I'd only give him pass marks for Sturridge and Coutinho.

Yep, that quote should be coming back to haunt him!

Hibernia&Alba
23-10-2014, 11:30 AM
I agree with what's being said regarding Liverpool's signings: they've used the Suarez money to sign a number of rather average players. United signed Di Maria and Falcao, Chelsea signed Fabregas and Costa, Arsenal signed Sanchez. Liverpool haven't brought in anybody of the top rank since Suarez left.

Bad Martini
23-10-2014, 11:41 AM
I agree with what's being said regarding Liverpool's signings: they've used the Suarez money to sign a number of rather average players. United signed Di Maria and Falcao, Chelsea signed Fabregas and Costa, Arsenal signed Sanchez. Liverpool haven't brought in anybody of the top rank since Suarez left.

:agree:

Bottom line, Suarez was pretty much irreplacable and certainly with the signings made, they are nowhere near his class on the pitch.

I've followed Liverpool for my entire life and have rarely seen such talent in a red shirt. However, have rarely seen such an utter BAM with the biting and suicidal stuff he done too.

This said, I take back Suarez and an 18 match ban in place of super Mario who is frankly contributing less than **** all. Widnae even get a game in a pub team.

:rolleyes:

Signing policy is questionable...and our best players (including those now gone) werent signed by Brendan Rodgers...

Ach, **** it. At least were no Man Utd. :na na:

WALK ON YA BASS :thumbsup:

ENDOF

robinp
23-10-2014, 11:41 AM
;4205590']Quite funny that a club who defended suarez time and time again are getting a bit irate about a half time shirt swap.

:top marks

Alex Trager
23-10-2014, 11:48 AM
Apart from the fact they have implemented a policy of no shirt swapping, for the life of me I can't see why -which probably explains why I feel the way I do about my next point-
What on earth is the problem with swapping shirts at half time?
Firstly, it wasn't done on the field.
Second, even if it was, so what?
I don't see it as a sign of submission. Not what so ever. I see it as a sign of 'I want your shirt'

I think the fallout from this is mental

Future17
23-10-2014, 11:49 AM

Joe Allen - so poor you've included him twice! :wink:

I think there are players in that list who have great potential, but are young and need a run of EPL games to find their feet. Markovic and Manquillo in particular have definite ability and I think it's unfair to say Can has been poor as he has barely played.

I think the Balotelli problem is that the way he plays doesn't suit the way Liverpool played last season. I would have him on the bench to bring on when Liverpool are pounding teams and need strength in the box - the only problem being that doesn't leave a role for Lambert.

The whole situation isn't helped by Sturridge's injury - once he is back and Rodgers finds his best XI, Liverpool will be winning a lot more than they lose once again.

Winston Ingram
23-10-2014, 12:03 PM
Joe Allen - so poor you've included him twice! :wink:

I think there are players in that list who have great potential, but are young and need a run of EPL games to find their feet. Markovic and Manquillo in particular have definite ability and I think it's unfair to say Can has been poor as he has barely played.

I think the Balotelli problem is that the way he plays doesn't suit the way Liverpool played last season. I would have him on the bench to bring on when Liverpool are pounding teams and need strength in the box - the only problem being that doesn't leave a role for Lambert.

The whole situation isn't helped by Sturridge's injury - once he is back and Rodgers finds his best XI, Liverpool will be winning a lot more than they lose once again.

I'm sure they all do have potential but for the money they have paid you'd expect them to able to hit the ground running. Potential is cheaper. The poor so far signings total nearly £130m. You don't spend that amount on players hoping they'll one day come good, particularly with 7 of 10 listed already having played in the BPL.

DC_Hibs
23-10-2014, 12:34 PM
I've followed Liverpool for my entire life

OUR best players

Ach, **** it. At least WE'RE no Man Utd. :na na:

WALK ON YA BASS :thumbsup:

ENDOF

Where have you followed them to....sky sports like all the other kid on EPL "footy" fans on here.

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-10-2014, 12:45 PM
Bad judgement signjng this boy in the first place. He comes with the bad headlines already written. Not what Liverpool needed at all. Souness or should I say , Sourness, seems to have an awful lot to say for someone, who as an ex manager, was a terrific footballer.

NOLA
23-10-2014, 01:09 PM
hes only there for the money, will be gone next summer.

J-C
23-10-2014, 01:12 PM
Surely the fact that he swapped shirts going down the tunnel where all the Liverpool fans could still se was a huge error by him, shows he has little brains. Rogers thinks he's some guru with these players because he did so much with Suarez but the fact that he bit again shows he was untameable and liable to go off the rails again, so Rogers couldn't really control him, he sees Balotelli as some kind of project.

HibbyAndy
23-10-2014, 01:22 PM
16 Million :hilarious

He is utter mince.

emerald green
23-10-2014, 03:31 PM
Ballotelli - over rated, overpaid prima donna.

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2014, 03:48 PM
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=738827016154196

:faf:

Sir David Gray
23-10-2014, 03:55 PM
Any team that signs Mario Balotelli knows exactly what they're letting themselves in for.

He's a moody, selfish player who couldn't lace the boots of Luis Suarez although he is capable of moments of magic.

I don't know what Brendan Rodgers was expecting when he brought Balotelli to the club but I'm not surprised in the slightest.

The guy's a liability and I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. Suarez was also a liability but at least when he was actually available he was world class.

No sympathy with anyone who signs him.

As for swapping shirts at half time, it's not crime of the century but it's not very professional to do it in public when your team is losing 3-0.

He wasn't the only one though. I also noticed Gerrard and Johnson being quite pally with Ronaldo when it was the same scoreline.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
23-10-2014, 04:33 PM
I'm willing to give him time :agree: YNWA

3pm
23-10-2014, 05:04 PM
Rodgers' ego got in the way here.

Reaped the rewards with Suarez and thought he'd do the same again with MB.

Brizo
23-10-2014, 05:04 PM
Quite funny that a club who defended suarez time and time again are getting a bit irate about a half time shirt swap.

:top marks

All too often player misbehaviour only becomes an issue when that player is off form. After Suarez , Rodgers talk of Ballotellis actions not being in keeping with Liverpools "culture" is laughable.

Eyrie
23-10-2014, 06:43 PM
I've read worse on here about Hibs players than was said about Balotelli at half time, so I wouldn't class it as bullying to point out his many faults. Are the pundits just there to mouth inoffensive platitudes?

Of course, the biggest fault is with Rodgers thinking that he can do something that no other manager has achieved, which is to get Balotelli performing to his potential for 90 minutes and not 90 seconds a game.

Michael
23-10-2014, 06:57 PM
He's mince. Could probably still do a job for us though.

Jonnyboy
23-10-2014, 07:17 PM
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=738827016154196

:faf:

Brilliant!!

Scouse Hibee
23-10-2014, 07:19 PM
I've read worse on here about Hibs players than was said about Balotelli at half time, so I wouldn't class it as bullying to point out his many faults. Are the pundits just there to mouth inoffensive platitudes?

Of course, the biggest fault is with Rodgers thinking that he can do something that no other manager has achieved, which is to get Balotelli performing to his potential for 90 minutes and not 90 seconds a game.

Absolutely nothing wrong with your manager having the belief to turn around a player, Rodgers knew he was taking a huge gamble that doesn't look like paying off but hats of to him for trying. Other players have gone on record saying what a difference he has made to their careers, he can't do it every time.

Bad Martini
23-10-2014, 11:43 PM
Where have you followed them to....sky sports like all the other kid on EPL "footy" fans on here.

I prefer the trip down the M74/M6 and onto the home stretch that is the M58, not missing that pain in the arse turn off at Skelmersdale/Southport...quick jaunt along the docks and waterfront and then onto that "****ing stupid" one way system...thereafter, ideally landing at the Premier Inn over at West Derby, just roond from Shanks Hoose, near the Shankly Playing Fields.

This is a handy base from which to make the short pilgrimage (even by foot if taxis dont turn up) to Anfield and (wait for it) watch the Reds, ideally from the Kop though failing that, I don't mind the lower tier of the Centenary Stand, ideally about level with the centre line.

Does this constitute "following" them? Or, do you have some other strange customs I need to complete so as to not be like "all the other kid on EPL 'footy' fans on here" ? :rolleyes::na na::aok:

WALK ON (as I said)

Bad Martini
23-10-2014, 11:47 PM
Absolutely nothing wrong with your manager having the belief to turn around a player, Rodgers knew he was taking a huge gamble that doesn't look like paying off but hats of to him for trying. Other players have gone on record saying what a difference he has made to their careers, he can't do it every time.

I think he underestimated big Mario's ability to **** up big time.

I think he also overestimated the impact the big fella would have.

Finally, I think (to be fair to BR) he probably expected to try both him and Sturridge together and in fairness, he didn't injure Sturridge during training.

Anyways, I generally think he at least recognised the fact MB was doing fek all and whipped him off at half time. Shame our managers of late haven't done that at ER, particularly the big useless gett that was TB.

Walk on, anyways :aok:

monktonharp
23-10-2014, 11:58 PM

When they took him off, did Sterling do any better?I could not give a flying fiddler's about him . he is an arrogant, ignorant abnoxious fud. glad to see he canny put one in the poke, and totally astounded as to what Liverpool see in him. the money he earns, makes me sick to think about, not for my own downtrodden position but for the people of this country as a whole, and to think that kids of Liverpool can admire or try to emulate him, dis ma heid in!

Jones28
24-10-2014, 01:05 AM
I don't see him as anything other than a player who had potential and is still riding the wave with the occasional good goal. £16 million? Jeez

Hibernia&Alba
24-10-2014, 01:13 AM
I don't see him as anything other than a player who had potential and is still riding the wave with the occasional good goal. £16 million? Jeez

It's the wandering around looking like he couldn't care less that infuriates the fans of the clubs he's played for. He's had the privilege of playing for some of the most famous football clubs in the world (and Man City) is paid a fortune, yet has the demeanor of a man who thinks he's doing everybody a favour for being there. It's insulting.

Scouse Hibee
24-10-2014, 06:42 AM
I prefer the trip down the M74/M6 and onto the home stretch that is the M58, not missing that pain in the arse turn off at Skelmersdale/Southport...quick jaunt along the docks and waterfront and then onto that "****ing stupid" one way system...thereafter, ideally landing at the Premier Inn over at West Derby, just roond from Shanks Hoose, near the Shankly Playing Fields.

This is a handy base from which to make the short pilgrimage (even by foot if taxis dont turn up) to Anfield and (wait for it) watch the Reds, ideally from the Kop though failing that, I don't mind the lower tier of the Centenary Stand, ideally about level with the centre line.

Does this constitute "following" them? Or, do you have some other strange customs I need to complete so as to not be like "all the other kid on EPL 'footy' fans on here" ? :rolleyes::na na::aok:

WALK ON (as I said)

Haha brilliant come back. YNWA

DC_Hibs
24-10-2014, 07:05 AM

WALK ON (as I said)

Class! Thanks for taking the time to prove yersel and sorry you felt the need.
One of my mates "follows" Man U, has a lot more glory behind him than you, goes a far quicker route down the road (chauffeur driven of course), stays in a luxury apartment AND has a much bigger beef bayonet than you.
Beat that.

Cheque book football, dontcha just love it......

Pretty Boy
24-10-2014, 08:10 AM
Hope he plays next Saturday.

I'm off to the Newcastle v Liverpool game and every game needs its pantomime villain.

Scouse Hibee
24-10-2014, 08:18 AM

I'm off to the Newcastle v Liverpool game and every game needs its pantomime villain.

I'll be there too so hoping he doesn't play!

Winston Ingram
24-10-2014, 08:24 AM

It's got to be a realistic belief.

The best managers in the world have failed on him

Stevie Reid
24-10-2014, 08:30 AM
I'm not a fan, mainly due to his attitude, but his career scoring record of 63 goals in 109 starts is superb, so he's certainly not mince. I would have thought that Jose Mourinho labelling him unmanageable would have put many managers off him, but when Rodgers signed him I thought that maybe he had the kind of style that could get the best out of him.

However, it seems like BR is ready to give up on him already, and judging by the reaction of Souness et al on Sky the other night, it's not gonna get any easier for Balotelli.

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2014, 09:42 AM
I could not give a flying fiddler's about him . he is an arrogant, ignorant abnoxious fud. glad to see he canny put one in the poke, and totally astounded as to what Liverpool see in him. the money he earns, makes me sick to think about, not for my own downtrodden position but for the people of this country as a whole, and to think that kids of Liverpool can admire or try to emulate him, dis ma heid in!

You cared enough to have that rant. :greengrin

PPZPOL
24-10-2014, 10:33 AM

I'm off to this game as well and hope he plays so I can see what he is like in the flesh if you like. Does he make runs off the ball, does he make space for others, is he selfish or is it all a bit of a bandwagon against him. I dont particularly rate him but will be good to see him live. I remember Demichelis was the whipping boy last season (on sky, bbc and talksport) but after he settled and started to play well they just pretended they never caned him.

Scouse Hibee
24-10-2014, 10:38 AM
It's got to be a realistic belief.

The best managers in the world have failed on him

So what! BR thought he could do it and so did better managers, others will try too!

Stevie Reid
24-10-2014, 10:38 AM
I'm off to this game as well and hope he plays so I can see what he is like in the flesh if you like. Does he make runs off the ball, does he make space for others, is he selfish or is it all a bit of a bandwagon against him. I dont particularly rate him but will be good to see him live. I remember Demichelis was the whipping boy last season (on sky, bbc and talksport) but after he settled and started to play well they just pretended they never caned him.

IIRC, the big deal everyone made about him when he first signed for Liverpool was that he had only mustered one assist in all of his EPL appearances for Man City - that said, it was for a certain Aguero goal vs QPR!

S4uzee
24-10-2014, 11:00 AM
It's the wandering around looking like he couldn't care less.
Liverpools Dominique Malonga

Stevie Reid
24-10-2014, 11:04 AM
Liverpools Dominique Malonga

To be fair, Molonga's record of 4 goals in 6 starts is way better than Balotelli's at Liverpool!

IWasThere2016
24-10-2014, 11:15 AM
I thought Ballotelli was Heskey after a month on the Slim Fast.

johnrebus
24-10-2014, 11:39 AM
I saw him play for City at Blackburn three years ago. He was the best player on the pitch by a country mile. His career does seem to be in reverse, but that can change at any time.

He is hardly unique in the money he earns, but has had to deal with a lot of racist **** - even in his own (adopted) country.

I hope he comes good again (don't give a stuff about Liverpool though).

Bad Martini
24-10-2014, 12:29 PM
Class! Thanks for taking the time to prove yersel and sorry you felt the need.
One of my mates "follows" Man U, has a lot more glory behind him than you, goes a far quicker route down the road (chauffeur driven of course), stays in a luxury apartment AND has a much bigger beef bayonet than you.
Beat that.

Cheque book football, dontcha just love it......

:aok:

NB you might want to reconsider your criteria for mateyness if you have chums of the Man Ure persuasion.

That said, just a wee team fae Manchester :greengrin

Eyrie
24-10-2014, 01:21 PM
So what! BR thought he could do it and so did better managers, others will try too!

You'd better hope so ;)

Generally the manager is trying to turn round a player whose career has stalled or gone into reverse. The problem with Balotelli is that his career has never got going and he has frustrated every manager that he's had. The evidence was overwhelming before Rodgers signed him, and that is leaving aside whether he is a good fit for how Liverpool play.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
24-10-2014, 04:30 PM

WALK ON (as I said)

Well said mate. YNWA