PDA

View Full Version : Incidents - Update

Chuck Rhoades
22-10-2014, 08:28 PM
The group have decided to share this communication for the purpose of answering various posts on the board and PMs we've received.

5 of the group met with representatives from the club tonight to discuss incidents on 22 October against Dumbarton.

Without covering old ground, Hibs apologised and explained that poor communication was the root cause of the incident. Steps have been taken in the club to ensure this is improved going forward.

Hibs acknowledged that our group have not been involved in pyrotechnics and agreed that we made a statement against Livingston by distancing ourselves from said individuals.

Whilst the famous five is not achievable mid-season, I am pleased that the club have given us our own section within the ground where banners/flags can be displayed over the wall and around seats. We have full control over this block of seats through a voucher system and will control who stands there. This particular area will be stewarded slightly differently. Approximately 80 seats are available in this section.

More details and information will be shared after the Hearts match, as there is room for others to get involved and join us in supporting and backing the club vocally and visually in future home matches.

Hail Hail.

Bleeds green
22-10-2014, 08:38 PM
👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonnyboy
22-10-2014, 08:39 PM
The group have decided to share this communication for the purpose of answering various posts on the board and PMs we've received.

5 of the group met with representatives from the club tonight to discuss incidents on 22 October against Dumbarton.

Without covering old ground, Hibs apologised and explained that poor communication was the root cause of the incident. Steps have been taken in the club to ensure this is improved going forward.

Hibs acknowledged that our group have not been involved in pyrotechnics and agreed that we made a statement against Livingston by distancing ourselves from said individuals.

Whilst the famous five is not achievable mid-season, I am pleased that the club have given us our own section within the ground where banners/flags can be displayed over the wall and around seats. We have full control over this block of seats through a voucher system and will control who stands there. This particular area will be stewarded slightly differently. Approximately 80 seats are available in this section.

More details and information will be shared after the Hearts match, as there is room for others to get involved and join us in supporting and backing the club vocally and visually in future home matches.

Hail Hail.

Good stuff Ross, well done mate :agree:

Kato
22-10-2014, 08:40 PM

Hail Hail.

Good news, well done all concerned.

Mikey
22-10-2014, 08:41 PM
Sounds like a great outcome. Well done!

LancashireHibby
22-10-2014, 08:41 PM
Good to hear, onwards and upwards.

GreenArmyyy!
22-10-2014, 08:52 PM
Glad to hear it. Would love to get back to a couple of years ago when we were all raising money for displays etc.

silverhibee
22-10-2014, 08:55 PM

Hail Hail.

Good to hear Ross.

What section have the club given you and is it still in the East.

PatHead
22-10-2014, 08:59 PM
Great news.

Common sense prevailed and good of the management to be open to discuss it and offer solutions.

erin go bragh
22-10-2014, 09:13 PM
Good news BR . Will the FF stand be a goer for next season?

Ggtth

rcarter1
22-10-2014, 09:16 PM
Awesome to hear this kind of stuff. Pretty much the only thing I love about Hibs right now, are the folks that make the noise.. :thumbsup::hibees

FranckSuzy
22-10-2014, 09:23 PM
Common sense prevails :aok: Good on you and here's hoping you can kick from here as the atmosphere you help create is a massive positive at games.

Stantons Angel
22-10-2014, 09:49 PM
im glad to hear some positive news about the club and both you and they have dealt with this problem admirably.

The only problem now is who are these idiots, where did they come from and what steps are the club taking to make sure they dont bring any further hassle to the games?

silverhibee
22-10-2014, 10:02 PM
im glad to hear some positive news about the club and both you and they have dealt with this problem admirably.

The only problem now is who are these idiots, where did they come from and what steps are the club taking to make sure they dont bring any further hassle to the games?

The new baby crew :dunno:

The Green Goblin
22-10-2014, 10:06 PM
Good stuff! Well done and good luck.

silverhibee
22-10-2014, 10:14 PM
http://www.hibs.net/customavatars/avatar24505_2.gif

No more. :boo hoo:

SmallvilleHibee
22-10-2014, 11:16 PM
I have some questions: Will the drum etc still be in Section 43 for the derby? Who can and cannot get the vouchers and what stand/section are yous moving to?

Hibernia&Alba
22-10-2014, 11:16 PM
Common sense prevails :aok: Good on you and here's hoping you can kick from here as the atmosphere you help create is a massive positive at games.

Hear hear.

O'Rourke3
22-10-2014, 11:28 PM
Pleasing. Love the drum hate the flares.

NAE NOOKIE
22-10-2014, 11:57 PM
Good to hear and well done Hibs for listening.

Pricked my curiosity with the FF a no go "mid season" bit ............ :hmmm:

GlasgowHibee
23-10-2014, 12:09 AM
Well done boys, let's get back to making ER the fortress it really should be.

DH1875
23-10-2014, 07:07 AM
Good to hear and well done Hibs for listening.

Pricked my curiosity with the FF a no go "mid season" bit ............ :hmmm:

Mine too. If this is on the cards for next season then I hope its open to everyone and not just 80 guys/girls.

wookie70
23-10-2014, 07:46 AM
Just remember there are hundreds of fans in the FF lower who will form the bed rock of our support in years to come. Moving the Family section requires very careful consideration.

Keith_M
23-10-2014, 07:48 AM
Well done on getting this sorted and good luck for the rest of the season.

Chuck Rhoades
23-10-2014, 08:14 AM
There's a lot of work and consultation to be done before decisions are made. They are looking to change how the stadium is used completely. Having family 'sections' in all stands etc.

Really looking forward to Sunday!

NAE NOOKIE
23-10-2014, 10:31 AM
Just remember there are hundreds of fans in the FF lower who will form the bed rock of our support in years to come. Moving the Family section requires very careful consideration.

I agree Wookie, but the good thing about ER is that there is an unrestricted view from all parts of the stadium. The north half of the East for example would make a more than decent family area. I sit in the FF now, I have always preferred behind the goals, but I would happily move if the result was an improvement in atmosphere.

As I've said before, if the lower or upper FF was the singing area I think the folk in a family section located nearer to it would be more inclined to join in the songs as would folk in the west.

Keith_M
23-10-2014, 10:42 AM
As I've said before, if the lower or upper FF was the singing area I think the folk in a family section located nearer to it would be more inclined to join in the songs as would folk in the west.

:agree:

silverhibee
23-10-2014, 10:43 AM
There's a lot of work and consultation to be done before decisions are made. They are looking to change how the stadium is used completely. Having family 'sections' in all stands etc.

Really looking forward to Sunday!

So how do you get one of these Ultra coupons. :greengrin

Chuck Rhoades
23-10-2014, 11:15 AM
So how do you get one of these Ultra coupons. :greengrin

Due to short notice Hearts will be unavailable; however we're keen for others to join us going forward and there will be plenty of opportunity for people/small groups to do so.

ALF TUPPER
23-10-2014, 11:40 AM
Well done Ross ! Well done Hibs too....... :agree:

GGTTH

Just Alf
23-10-2014, 11:42 AM
I agree Wookie, but the good thing about ER is that there is an unrestricted view from all parts of the stadium. The north half of the East for example would make a more than decent family area. I sit in the FF now, I have always preferred behind the goals, but I would happily move if the result was an improvement in atmosphere.

Agree wholeheartedly.... and the youngsters would maybe have more fun (regardless of what's happening on the pitch :cb ) and learn songs for the future! :agree:

lord bunberry
23-10-2014, 11:44 AM
My decision to switch to the famous five this season is looking like in inspired choice, some people may even call me a visionary who was ahead of his time.
Ps you're no getting to sit in my seat next season :greengrin

emerald green
23-10-2014, 04:19 PM
It's great to hear that effective communication between the supporters and the club has sorted things out. Well done all concerned. :aok:

dp00
26-10-2014, 07:51 PM
Good to see you guys down the front of the stand... Shame there are still some idiots up the back setting off flares

GreenArmyyy!
26-10-2014, 07:57 PM
Good to see you guys down the front of the stand... Shame there are still some idiots up the back setting off flares

Yep, never really minded them before but one landed beside me and has given me a really sore throat.

frazeHFC
26-10-2014, 08:08 PM
So much better down there. Looking back and seeing the whole section bouncing was class. Shame they scored late on, would have been class at full time had we won.

3pm
26-10-2014, 08:11 PM
Any chance of the F5 being used in future?

Blaster
26-10-2014, 08:14 PM
I liked it today. Down the front along the side of the pitch not lost up the back or behind the goals.

Well done!

Nakedmanoncrack
26-10-2014, 08:22 PM
Well done to the guys down the front, looked great from the West.:flag:

aljo7-0
26-10-2014, 08:29 PM
Well done to the guys down the front, looked great from the West.:flag:
Looked great on the TV too. Low enough down be seen when the play was in front of you - without the need for the TV folk to pan into the crowd.

Stantons Angel
26-10-2014, 08:50 PM
Yep, never really minded them before but one landed beside me and has given me a really sore throat.

This only goes to show that what was being said about the dangers of these things is right and they do have an adverse effect on people nearbye.

How with all the security did they get it in then?

At least the club knows for defo which group it is that is letting them off and should be able to get them out before something serious happens!!

Chuck Rhoades
26-10-2014, 10:03 PM
Scenes at thw goal, best video ever? http://www.since1875.net/#!videos/c1c9t

GGTTH07
26-10-2014, 10:14 PM

This Is superb mate!

DaveF
26-10-2014, 10:22 PM

I take it the phone or camera setup was agreed pre match with the club and stewards? Good angle to see things unfold.

McKenzie
26-10-2014, 10:24 PM

Quality video!

rcarter1
26-10-2014, 10:26 PM

Magnificent stuff! :flag:

FranckSuzy
26-10-2014, 10:32 PM
:top marks

silverhibee
26-10-2014, 11:05 PM

Superb stuff Ross and the rest of the lads, you were superb today.

Hope to see more videos like that being posted on here.

Scottie
26-10-2014, 11:16 PM
Great stuff lads keep it up. GGTTH :aok:

Billy McKirdy
26-10-2014, 11:27 PM
Great video of the singing, it's getting better and better and really adds to the atmosphere.
Superb.

weonlywon6-2
27-10-2014, 06:52 AM

Hail Hail.

Well done mate,Hibs class

Bristolhibby
27-10-2014, 07:27 AM

Was that a go pro?

Great video. However was it focused on the stand roof rather than the guys at the front? No idea how you focus a gopro.

J

Sweep
27-10-2014, 10:29 AM
Superb. I thought the drum being down the bottom improved the atmosphere.

Posh Swanny
27-10-2014, 10:52 AM
Sounded and looked like a great atmosphere on the telly.

Get that lot down in the FF lower for next season and the impact they'll have on the game/team/stadium will be all the better rather than being tucked away at the side of the pitch - there's a reason England is seeing a growing trend of away fans being stuck in the upper tiers and/or at the side of the pitch, with home fans having both "ends". The supporter impact at corners, free-kicks and counter attacks is multiplied many times over from behind the goals. Plus it looks better on the telly when a mass of fans go mental as a goal flies in!

At Peterborough, there is still a genuine buzz among fans and players about attacking the London Road end in the second half*, so much so that a 0-2 half time deficit is seen merely as a challenge at times - heck, even a 0-4 lead wasn't enough to earn Cardiff a win a few years back and we were Championship cannon-fodder that season!

*this all assumes the away team don't win the toss and ruin the entire day by swapping ends

Pete
27-10-2014, 11:47 AM
Sounded and looked like a great atmosphere on the telly.

Get that lot down in the FF lower for next season and the impact they'll have on the game/team/stadium will be all the better rather than being tucked away at the side of the pitch - there's a reason England is seeing a growing trend of away fans being stuck in the upper tiers and/or at the side of the pitch, with home fans having both "ends". The supporter impact at corners, free-kicks and counter attacks is multiplied many times over from behind the goals. Plus it looks better on the telly when a mass of fans go mental as a goal flies in!

At Peterborough, there is still a genuine buzz among fans and players about attacking the London Road end in the second half*, so much so that a 0-2 half time deficit is seen merely as a challenge at times - heck, even a 0-4 lead wasn't enough to earn Cardiff a win a few years back and we were Championship cannon-fodder that season!

*this all assumes the away team don't win the toss and ruin the entire day by swapping ends

I've often thought about that but where would you stick 3500 Saviles? The West or the East?

Waxy
27-10-2014, 12:08 PM
Safe standing in the lower FF would be superb.

Posh Swanny
27-10-2014, 12:12 PM
I've often thought about that but where would you stick 3500 Saviles? The West or the East?

If I was in charge I'd put away fans in the south half of the West - upper tier first, lower tier if required; then use the South Lower for families displaced by the noisy types in the FF and only use the top tier of the South on special occasions. Obviously this could be done the other way around, putting the noisy types closer to away fans.

That would change the whole dynamic of Easter Road on a match day IMO and also opens up the possibility of dropping the prices behind the goals by a few quid without losing revenue from Hearts/Rangers/Celtic/Aberdeen. It may encourage newbies in, but would at least give some kind of price differential/choice to walk-up fans, as is the case at pretty much every other football club in the whole world.

The Police do like their little Bothwell Street arrangement though, so may not be workable.

Keith_M
27-10-2014, 12:31 PM
If I was in charge I'd put away fans in the south half of the West - upper tier first, lower tier if required;

If you gave the away Fans half of the West Stand, including the Executive Seats, that's only 3,000 Seats. You'd have to keep a large number empty for segregation and I can't imagine Hibs giving up half the Executive section anyway, so you're actually talking about less than 3,000 Seats for Hearts and Rangers

Currently, they get just under 4,000 in the South Stand.

It's a total non-starter.

Keith_M
27-10-2014, 12:33 PM
Question for the 'Section 43' guys (or whatever you're now called)...

Why is nearly everybody dressed in Black?

The_Exile
27-10-2014, 12:34 PM
where would you stick 3500 Saviles?

The moon. :agree: More atmosphere up there for them than they managed to create yesterday. Pus it keeps my kids safe.

Pete
27-10-2014, 12:43 PM
If I was in charge I'd put away fans in the south half of the West - upper tier first, lower tier if required; then use the South Lower for families displaced by the noisy types in the FF and only use the top tier of the South on special occasions. Obviously this could be done the other way around, putting the noisy types closer to away fans.

That would change the whole dynamic of Easter Road on a match day IMO and also opens up the possibility of dropping the prices behind the goals by a few quid without losing revenue from Hearts/Rangers/Celtic/Aberdeen. It may encourage newbies in, but would at least give some kind of price differential/choice to walk-up fans, as is the case at pretty much every other football club in the whole world.

The Police do like their little Bothwell Street arrangement though, so may not be workable.

If the moon and west ideas are unworkable then why not give them half of the East.

There are ways to segregate the stand internally and we could, wait for it...hold THEM back at the end of the game.

Posh Swanny
27-10-2014, 12:44 PM
If you gave the away Fans half of the West Stand, including the Executive Seats, that's only 3,000 Seats. You'd have to keep a large number empty for segregation and I can't imagine Hibs giving up half the Executive section anyway, so you're actually talking about less than 3,000 Seats for Hearts and Rangers

Fair enough. I didn't know the capacity of the West. In that case, once the FF is filled with a cacophonous 3,800 Hibees every other week, away fans can have up to 2/3rds of the East... :devil::stirrer:

Keith_M
27-10-2014, 12:45 PM
Fair enough. I didn't know the capacity of the West. In that case, once the FF is filled with a cacophonous 3,800 Hibees every other week, away fans can have up to 2/3rds of the East... :devil::stirrer:

That would be interesting.

Waxy
27-10-2014, 12:46 PM
Just keep them in that dunbar stand as far away from us as poss. End of.

The_Exile
27-10-2014, 12:49 PM
How about filling in a corner and sticking them in there? We could use the money generated by selling off some of our bright young assets.

Regards
Rod

:fishin:

Hermit Crab
27-10-2014, 12:54 PM

Ive said for years that away fans should be put up the top corner of the South upper away from the match. Obviously that wouldn't work for hearts or Rangers.