PDA

View Full Version : Eamonn Bannon - talking nonsense

emerald green
22-10-2014, 03:03 PM
I've just made the mistake of looking at the EEN and there's a couple of articles quoting Bannon.

It's like something taken straight off keekback. In one article the bold Eamonn states "you have to imagine Hearts and Rangers will go through the rest of the season virtually undefeated. It will be the games against each other that will decide who wins the title".

Even for a Yak, this is unbelievable nonsense. In your dreams Bannon. What a blaw.

Get this up on the dressing room wall Hibs.

Siralbertkidd
22-10-2014, 03:25 PM
Indeed, how can you be "virtually undefeated"? :confused:

jacomo
22-10-2014, 03:33 PM

I think it's where you are defeated, but cry salty hot tears of pride in your efforts to remain undefeated. Or something.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-10-2014, 03:40 PM
Well he can imagine it as many times as he likes because his imagination is the most likely place for it to happen . Mind you, when the cheque clears for spouting this guff , that will stop a bill going overdue and actually getting paid and for a Jambo that would be front page news.

Bostonhibby
22-10-2014, 03:41 PM

Is it like being virtually self sufficient?

Only to go into admin a few weeks later having collected all the "share" money. All big teams do it.

Deansy
22-10-2014, 03:43 PM
I dearly hope AS & Co are pinning these 'Little Gems' up on the changing-room walls as the season goes on - there'll be lots, lots more as the 'EEN-Jambo-*****wits Love-in' gets all hot and sweaty !

'Virtualy undefeated' - is he talking about THIS season or being nostalgic and going back to the 1986-87 'Sir Albert Kidd' season when they also went 'Virtually undefeated' ???

Bishop Hibee
22-10-2014, 03:45 PM
They virtually never screwed the taxpayer and virtually paid for their poppies.

Mr White
22-10-2014, 03:51 PM
They virtually won the double in 86 too :agree:

lord bunberry
22-10-2014, 03:59 PM
Their fans are virtually orangutans

jodjam
22-10-2014, 04:01 PM
I mind a goal he gifted them in a derby by giving ball away in our box. He's a blowhard. Best ignored

Oscar T Grouch
22-10-2014, 04:02 PM
Their fans are virtually orangutans

That's a bit unfair on orangutans, they're lovely peaceful creatures, while admititly drink from puddles but that is the only similarity.

Golden Bear
22-10-2014, 04:04 PM
Strangely enough Eamonn Bannon is also an ex Hibernian player albeit he only made one appearance for us. He's still "talking nonsense" all the same!

lord bunberry
22-10-2014, 04:07 PM
That's a bit unfair on urangutans, they're lovely peaceful creatures, while admititly drink from puddles but that is the only similarity.

That's true and I would like to apologise to any orangutans i may have offended with my tasteless remarks

SaulGoodman
22-10-2014, 04:11 PM
They're virtually no peados.

Keith_M
22-10-2014, 04:17 PM
Was it Eamonn Bannon that left Hearts because of the sectarian singing?

Golden Bear
22-10-2014, 04:23 PM

No idea but I do know that he was a persuasion which let's say wouldn't go down too well with a section of the hawrts support.

:wink:

Viva_Palmeiras
22-10-2014, 04:24 PM
The more things change the more they stay the same...

Wiki (never wrong for long)

"In 1979 Hearts sold Bannon to Chelsea (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelsea_F.C.) for £220,000, with the transfer fee paying a £200,000 debt which their bank were threatening to foreclose (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreclosure) on.[6] (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eamonn_Bannon#cite_note-6)"

Peevemor
22-10-2014, 04:25 PM
I've never had a problem with Eamonn Bannon and whether we like it or not, the title race is likely to be between the teams named.

Golden Bear
22-10-2014, 04:30 PM
I've never had a problem with Eamonn Bannon and whether we like it or not, the title race is likely to be between the teams named.

Yip, you're probably right but some things are just best left unsaid.

Sir David Gray
22-10-2014, 04:38 PM
Probably like how they were virtually unbeatable back in 2005 when they rocked up at ER and were sent back home with their tails between their legs. :bye:

weonlywon6-2
22-10-2014, 04:39 PM
We need steviehfc with a bubble bursting giff!!

KeithTheHibby
22-10-2014, 04:53 PM

Perhaps so however this doesn't excuse the baldy fud from talking *****.

Cropley10
22-10-2014, 06:05 PM

You are aware of the continuing and perilous financial conditions at The Rangers, right?

Thanks to Charles of Normandy's great work The Rangers need £16m per annum to pay wages & essential bills.

Don't forget that many contracts - not players - suppliers contracts have huge bonuses written in for promotion.

Administration remains a constant problem and in fact the only way to cut off bold Charles financial stranglehold is to go into admin.

And that's their dilemma. Which is nice. :greengrin:

Sent from a phone

Cracker
22-10-2014, 06:22 PM
That's true and I would like to apologise to any orangutans i may have offended with my tasteless remarks

Your apology is accepted 😁😁😁

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-10-2014, 06:24 PM
The more things change the more they stay the same...

Wiki (never wrong for long)

"In 1979 Hearts sold Bannon to Chelsea (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelsea_F.C.) for £220,000, with the transfer fee paying a £200,000 debt which their bank were threatening to foreclose (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreclosure) on.[6] (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eamonn_Bannon#cite_note-6)"

Some things never change eh? they just can't help themselves in their eternal quest to be a "big" team.

**** of the earth football team and supporters.

green day
22-10-2014, 06:35 PM
I am fairly sure Bannon was the head boy or some such at Liberton High back in the 80s - shortly before I was there - and was also a neighbour of mine about 15 years ago.

A total jambo fud, miserable prick and not very bright either.

Hibs7
22-10-2014, 06:38 PM
Yeah and no mention of the victories they bought with other people's money which they never repaid ... Bannon is a blinkered ass just like the rest of the Jambo support..

Feed McGraw
22-10-2014, 06:54 PM
I am fairly sure Bannon was the head boy or some such at Liberton High back in the 80s - shortly before I was there - and was also a neighbour of mine about 15 years ago.

A total jambo fud, miserable prick and not very bright either. Must have been the oldest schoolboy around town - or anywhere for that matter ! :greengrin

Peevemor
22-10-2014, 06:58 PM
Must have been the oldest schoolboy around town - or anywhere for that matter ! :greengrin

It's a big team thing apparently.

emerald green
22-10-2014, 07:03 PM

:agree: Aren't they all.

green day
22-10-2014, 07:07 PM
Must have been the oldest schoolboy around town - or anywhere for that matter ! :greengrin

Sorry, my typo. He must have left mid 70s.

Still a prick tho!

shetlandhibee
22-10-2014, 07:15 PM
I've just made the mistake of looking at the EEN and there's a couple of articles quoting Bannon.

It's like something taken straight off keekback. In one article the bold Eamonn states "you have to imagine Hearts and Rangers will go through the rest of the season virtually undefeated. It will be the games against each other that will decide who wins the title".

Even for a Yak, this is unbelievable nonsense. In your dreams Bannon. What a blaw.

Get this up on the dressing room wall Hibs.
Was watching a Jock Stein documentary, when he was manager of Dunfermline I think. They were about to play Everton. The press and evertonians were belittling this "tiny Scottish club" which got Jock mad, so he decided to put the newspaper article up in the changing rooms, which got the player hyped. They won the match!

Sir David Gray
22-10-2014, 07:40 PM

You didn't need to expand on the bit in bold. The rest of your sentence goes without saying.

Sir David Gray
22-10-2014, 07:40 PM
Sorry, my typo. He must have left mid 70s.

Still a prick tho!

:agree: He was born in 1958 so he would have left high school around 75 or 76.

judas
22-10-2014, 07:41 PM

Coleman's balls

emerald green
22-10-2014, 07:48 PM
Was watching a Jock Stein documentary, when he was manager of Dunfermline I think. They were about to play Everton. The press and evertonians were belittling this "tiny Scottish club" which got Jock mad, so he decided to put the newspaper article up in the changing rooms, which got the player hyped. They won the match!

Yea, Big Jock. A legend. I've always wondered what Hibs might have achieved if he hadn't left us to go to Celtic. I honestly believe if he had stayed another season Hibs would have been champions, and/or would have got the Scottish Cup monkey off the club's back.

IIRC we were top of the league when he left (or as near as damn it) and in the cup semi-final. Hibs then I think (could be wrong) ended up 4th in the league, and lost the semi-final.

hibbymick
22-10-2014, 07:58 PM
Bannons a legend down gorgie way, even Osman Sow emulates his penalties.

alan1875
22-10-2014, 10:37 PM
Some folks need to chill out. It's hard to argue with most of what's quoted in that.

poolman
22-10-2014, 10:46 PM
Some folks need to chill out. It's hard to argue with most of what's quoted in that.

Lets no, we're slaggin a yam

alan1875
22-10-2014, 10:47 PM
More of an Arab if pushed.

Viva_Palmeiras
23-10-2014, 06:36 AM
Memory fades but either Hibs Monthly/MassHibsteria or Hibees Here, Hibees there...

Had a pic ahead of one of the derbys that featured Scott Crabbe jumping into the arms of Bannon with the headline "Bannon catches Crabbes"

Anyone able to share?

Keith_M
23-10-2014, 08:12 AM

No idea but I do know that he was a persuasion which let's say wouldn't go down too well with a section of the hawrts support.

:wink:

I know he is (or at least was) a Roman Catholic and it ties in with the story that my Grandad (a Hearts fan) told me about the support making his life unbearable during his time there.

His sale to Chelsea also helped prevent a winding-up-order, as Hearts were in severe financial trouble with the Bank.

FWIW, Bannon was one of Dundee United's all-time greats, having played in their most successful era, scoring in roughly 1 in 4 games from the midfield. When he discusses football, he knows what he's talking about. I think what he says isn't too far off the mark in this instance, if you interpret 'virtually undefeated' as likely to lose only a handful of games.

Geo_1875
23-10-2014, 08:18 AM
I don't see what's wrong with what he said. They are the teams with the strongest squads and most money spent. If they only lose to each other for the remainder of the season they will be virtually unbeaten. That's if virtually still means almost.

dangermouse
23-10-2014, 10:52 AM
I don't see what's wrong with what he said. They are the teams with the strongest squads and most money spent. If they only lose to each other for the remainder of the season they will be virtually unbeaten. That's if virtually still means almost.

Not having a go at you Geo but you can only be beaten or unbeaten, there is no in-between, so as the OP states, Bannon is slavering excrement.

Mention was made that he played one game for us and IIRC, it was a midweek game against the Arabs and he got sent off. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: It's me slavering now, it was a Saturday and a 2-0 home defeat by Motherwell and he lasted the full 90 minutes!