PDA

View Full Version : Mark Wotte

TowerHibs
22-10-2014, 10:28 AM
Not seen this discussed anywhere.

Seems like he has been forced out due to not getting assurances from Stewart Regan and the rest of the SPFL. Not sure what to think about that. Malpas also in papers today slating Wotte, which makes me think the Wotte was trying to change things and improve our game.

Think the board of directors at all clubs need to wake up and realise fundimental change is needed accross the game. Stop trying to hang onto the coat tails of the English game and get our own identity. Improve youth and give youth a chance. Hamilton are showing what could be done.

Personally sad to see him go, looks like another half arsed attempt at changing our game has came to an end.

Baldy Foghorn
22-10-2014, 10:34 AM

Seems like he has been forced out due to not getting assurances from Stewart Regan and the rest of the SPFL. Not sure what to think about that. Malpas also in papers today slating Wotte, which makes me think the Wotte was trying to change things and improve our game.

Think the board of directors at all clubs need to wake up and realise fundimental change is needed accross the game. Stop trying to hang onto the coat tails of the English game and get our own identity. Improve youth and give youth a chance. Hamilton are showing what could be done.

Personally sad to see him go, looks like another half arsed attempt at changing our game has came to an end.

Malpas in papers calling Wotte a bully....Oh the irony........

marinello59
22-10-2014, 10:39 AM

I heard him say that on Sportsound last night. The radio nearly went out the window.

lord bunberry
22-10-2014, 10:55 AM

Self preservation wins out yet again. Our game will never improve unless sacrifices are made for the greater good, too many clubs are only interested in what's best for them especially in the top divisions.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
22-10-2014, 11:06 AM
I heard him say that on Sportsound last night. The radio nearly went out the window.

Had a chuckle to myself when I heard him come out with that.

JimBHibees
22-10-2014, 11:14 AM

A line my young daughter frequently came out with when describing kids who called other kids names at school used to be "you are what you say". :greengrin

Dalkeith Hibee
22-10-2014, 11:19 AM
Too many dinosaurs involved in our game and not enough guys like Wotte. Malpas is a total prick.

Hope we can replace him with someone with a similar vision

jacomo
22-10-2014, 11:20 AM
Seems that yet again Scottish fitba ducks the opportunity for real progress. Having said that, I don't know the full story and there may be valid reasons why he has gone, but he was trying to get improve our coaching and culture.

Brightside
22-10-2014, 11:25 AM
A classic own goal from the SFA.... forget the claim that he is leaving as he's finished the job he set out to do. Loads more work required to ensure performance centres are run correctly and that talent is found and developed in the right way. The likes of Malpas should be nowhere near developing talent.

bob12345
22-10-2014, 11:47 AM
I'm intrigued by the reaction to this news, so incredibly mixed. Half slating him and half saying he was a breath of fresh air. Not sure who to believe.

overdrive
22-10-2014, 11:49 AM
I'm intrigued by the reaction to this news, so incredibly mixed. Half slating him and half saying he was a breath of fresh air. Not sure who to believe.

Maybe a bit of a John Collins character? :dunno: Good ideas but goes about it the wrong way?

Winston Ingram
22-10-2014, 11:56 AM
I suppose Malpas would suggest hoofing it into the corners and trying to win throw ins

Seveno
22-10-2014, 12:23 PM
Hopefully, he will be as big a loss from the Scotland set-up as Craig Levein.

Ross4356
22-10-2014, 12:28 PM
Absolutely gutted about him going, I think everything he has implemented looks great. I really hope we put in place someone with similar experience and not Scottish

Peevemor
22-10-2014, 12:31 PM
Absolutely gutted about him going, I think everything he has implemented looks great. I really hope we put in place someone with similar experience and not Scottish

terry Butcher? :dunno:

Brightside
22-10-2014, 12:35 PM
Mark Wotte isn't well thought of within the SFA (the youth game in particular) at all. Many see him as a bit of a fool and others are not impressed with his "I'm in charge and what I say goes" type of attitude.

I'm not convinced either way but my feeling is that many within the SFA feel they are well rid.

Not well thought off by people in the SFA that have been around for far too long. Same goes for the youth game.

Ozyhibby
22-10-2014, 12:49 PM
People in the SFA don't think well of him?
I would imagine if that's the case he will be putting it on his CV.

Leith Mo
22-10-2014, 01:12 PM
Heard the Sportsound broadcast last night where Biscuit and Malpas were both critical of the Under-20s rahter than full-blown reserve league set-up Wotte had "imposed." Biscuit did say that a 14year old on the Rangers' books had scored a goal at a junior national level as an indication of Wotte's work beginning to bear some fruit (think the kid he named is a Leith lad who Hibs were tipped off about but yet again were too slow/unwilling to move on - and that despite his family's Hibs supporting background and being well-known to a few former players etc).

Then heard journalist (Mr English?) claim that Wotte had a ten year contract but he wasn't surprised that he was leaving only three years in as before the SFA role Wotte had something like "four jobs in seven years" in various corners of the globe.

Deansy
22-10-2014, 01:15 PM
No doubt it'll be a result of the usual 'Glasgow-centric/Old Firm' credo that the SFA lives by - an organisation that would rival FIFA in 'Machiavellian internal politics' !!!. A non-disclosure with a healthy-bung will no doubt be involved !

Ozyhibby
22-10-2014, 01:33 PM
What is important now is that he is replaced and that the SFA are not allowed to file the whole project in the too hard basket.

killie-hibby
22-10-2014, 04:16 PM
Seems that yet again Scottish fitba ducks the opportunity for real progress. Having said that, I don't know the full story and there may be valid reasons why he has gone, but he was trying to get improve our coaching and culture.

Radio Scotland news quote Wotte saying he resigned due to SFA's resistance to change.

Jonnyboy
22-10-2014, 06:22 PM

Same here J and then I found I was agreeing with something that Alan Preston said and felt like throwing myself out of the window :greengrin

Preston said bring back reserve teams as that's where kids learn their trade and that reserve games should be played when the first teams are playing ... e.g Aberdeen v Hibs Saturday 3pm (if only) and Hibs reserves v Aberdeen reserves Saturday 3pm. As someone who was brought up with that set up I long for its return

Seveno
22-10-2014, 06:28 PM
Same here J and then I found I was agreeing with something that Alan Preston said and felt like throwing myself out of the window :greengrin

Preston said bring back reserve teams as that's where kids learn their trade and that reserve games should be played when the first teams are playing ... e.g Aberdeen v Hibs Saturday 3pm (if only) and Hibs reserves v Aberdeen reserves Saturday 3pm. As someone who was brought up with that set up I long for its return

I remember those days as well and enjoyed going to the Reserve games when the 1st team were away. I seem to remember fairly decent crowds too.

Jonnyboy
22-10-2014, 06:30 PM
I remember those days as well and enjoyed going to the Reserve games when the 1st team were away. I seem to remember fairly decent crowds too.

Yep, back in the day when travelling to away games wasn't quite so straightforward or affordable

truehibernian
22-10-2014, 06:43 PM
Heard the Sportsound broadcast last night where Biscuit and Malpas were both critical of the Under-20s rahter than full-blown reserve league set-up Wotte had "imposed." Biscuit did say that a 14year old on the Rangers' books had scored a goal at a junior national level as an indication of Wotte's work beginning to bear some fruit (think the kid he named is a Leith lad who Hibs were tipped off about but yet again were too slow/unwilling to move on - and that despite his family's Hibs supporting background and being well-known to a few former players etc).

Then heard journalist (Mr English?) claim that Wotte had a ten year contract but he wasn't surprised that he was leaving only three years in as before the SFA role Wotte had something like "four jobs in seven years" in various corners of the globe.

Preston twice mentioned Zak which I was surprised about - I posted about ZR a couple of months ago, very very excited by him and yes he is a Hibs supporter but is settled at The Rangers sadly. A lot of coaches think he is set for a huge future as do I.

I say surprised AP mentioned it twice as to me it appeared he was maybe looking at things from an agents perspective :cb Anyway ZR is at the performance school - they are a good concept, my only slight worry is that when they are lucky enough to get a place in performance schools, lads these days instantly fall into the 'Ronaldo trap' (I call it) and think they have 'made it' too early. When you create elite soccer schools you quite often get elitist attitudes which are not earned or merited. The key is in the coaching staff and the performance school directors. Really good set up though.

oconnors_strip
22-10-2014, 07:04 PM

I totally disagree with prestons view on that as what about the fans who go to first team and reserve/under20s games?!

I think wotte had some good ideas, it was just getting others to understand and catch on to them

Jonnyboy
22-10-2014, 07:38 PM
I totally disagree with prestons view on that as what about the fans who go to first team and reserve/under20s games?!

I think wotte had some good ideas, it was just getting others to understand and catch on to them

Thought you might say that N :greengrin

WestCoastHibby
22-10-2014, 08:02 PM
I heard Malpas on sporstsound too. A dour ZZZZzzzzz of a man stuck in the past in my opinion. Two sides to everything though

oconnors_strip
22-10-2014, 08:06 PM
Thought you might say that N :greengrin

There is many fans who go to both games so it would be very unfair on us and helping the progression of the lads

truehibernian
22-10-2014, 08:22 PM
I heard Malpas on sporstsound too. A dour ZZZZzzzzz of a man stuck in the past in my opinion. Two sides to everything though

Best bit was when he questioned why we were following the Dutch model and he said 'yi dinnae see many Dutch players in the Bundesliga.......'

Right enough Mo, you don't see Robben, Van Der Vaart, Klaus Van Huntelaar, Johnny Heitinga.........or players like Van Bommel, Afilay, Van Nistelrooy.........ya ignorant t**...............

Funny but you don't see many players from Dundee or Inverness in Holland..........or anywhere in Europe really :aok::na na:

He also questioned Wotte and said that he didn't come and see them much etc............funny, I never once saw Maurice Malpas visit the performance schools or indeed schools, promoting Hibs, seeing young fans, etc.........pot kettle Maurice my old son.

Jonnyboy
22-10-2014, 08:45 PM
There is many fans who go to both games so it would be very unfair on us and helping the progression of the lads

I do sympathise, even though my post may not have suggested that :wink:

Ozyhibby
24-10-2014, 05:27 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/opinion/sport/record-fc-rangers-farewell-mark-4493346