PDA

View Full Version : On this day...

hibbysam
22-10-2014, 09:01 AM
14 years ago today, mixu banged in three and we witnessed one of the greatest derby performances of all time! Let's get this fear of those beasts out our system as I've seen so much of over the last few days and let's get back to being confident of beating those, and not just beating them, giving them a doing! We can't expect the players to play without fear when the fans are bricking it!

Keith_M
22-10-2014, 09:03 AM
I sense a 'Chicken and Egg' argument is about to start.

:wink:

Hibrandenburg
22-10-2014, 09:05 AM
I sense a 'Chicken and Egg' argument is about to start.

:wink:

I just ordered both from Amazon, I'll keep you updated.

Hibernia&Alba
22-10-2014, 09:20 AM
Fourteen years. It's scary how quickly time passes.

Peevemor
22-10-2014, 09:20 AM
I just ordered both from Amazon, I'll keep you updated.

What one do you think will arrive first?

emerald green
22-10-2014, 01:54 PM
14 years ago today, mixu banged in three.

I wish we had someone like Mixu playing up front for Hibs on Sunday (or every week for that matter) knocking their defenders about, and creating fear and panic in their defence.

Hibs just don't have that physical presence about them up front these days unfortunately.

Craig_HFC
22-10-2014, 02:32 PM
I wish we had someone like Mixu playing up front for Hibs on Sunday (or every week for that matter) knocking their defenders about, and creating fear and panic in their defence.

Hibs just don't have that physical presence about them up front these days unfortunately.

Or in midfield. Or in defence.

Bostonhibby
22-10-2014, 02:39 PM
What one do you think will arrive first?

Maybe influenced by whether or not the chicken has to cross the road first? and that could lead to even more questions:wink:

I agree with the poster above - an in your face front man who hassles them in and around the 18 yard box would make all the difference - Mixu back then was ideal.

Broken Gnome
22-10-2014, 02:41 PM
Should've been so many more. Don't buy the theory that Niemi had a good game either, he didn't have to make any truly good saves as most were straight at him.

Can't complain though. Giving them a goal of a start was even better.

Baader
22-10-2014, 02:50 PM
Very fond memories. Sunday night and was out on the town til about 5am the next day...

What a fantastic signing Mixu was for us. Remember being very underwhelmed when he signed. Couldn't have been more wrong. Considering the role he played as target man, holding it up and taking the knocks his goals record - 1 in 3 - is a brilliant return. Hibs legend for me

Billy Whizz
22-10-2014, 03:00 PM
The only downside in the game was that there was only around 2000 or so Jambos there to witness it!
I see Kevin James around, and everytime I see him I remind him of this game

emerald green
22-10-2014, 03:12 PM
Or in midfield. Or in defence.

:agree:

silverhibee
22-10-2014, 03:22 PM
14 years ago today, mixu banged in three and we witnessed one of the greatest derby performances of all time! Let's get this fear of those beasts out our system as I've seen so much of over the last few days and let's get back to being confident of beating those, and not just beating them, giving them a doing! We can't expect the players to play without fear when the fans are bricking it!

Who's bricking it, F*** them, the players will do the business on Sunday and put the thieving paedo tramps in their place.

F*** the hertz. :yw:

Bishop Hibee
22-10-2014, 03:53 PM
Great night. Some decent players in the Hertz team but we steamrollered them.

silverhibee
22-10-2014, 04:05 PM
Mixu was defo Quality.

weonlywon6-2
22-10-2014, 04:41 PM
If only we had that team playing on sunday,wed murder them