PDA

View Full Version : Deja vu anybody?

since90plustwo
21-10-2014, 01:52 PM
Hearts riding high in the table, unbeaten coming into the derby at easter road at the end of October and their fans thinking they are the best thing since sliced bread. Hibs having a mixed season but a win against their rivals could really kickstart the campaign.. Im sure we have been here before?:wink:

heretoday
21-10-2014, 01:53 PM
Oh dear.

horseflesh
21-10-2014, 01:58 PM
Where's the déjà vu - a young team with confidence and skill back then.
Now - a threadbare patchwork team.
Having said that, Hearts have also fallen a longer way since then

HibbyAndy
21-10-2014, 01:59 PM
Cannae believe that was 9 years ago, I remember going completely radge when Boozy scored, Couldn't get a pint before hand as every boozer was chocabloc so i necked a a couple of bottles ootside :greengrin

Here's hoping lightning strikes twice.

Unseen work
21-10-2014, 02:14 PM
Where's the déjà vu - a young team with confidence and skill back then.
Now - a threadbare patchwork team.
Having said that, Hearts have also fallen a longer way since then

Plenty of youth confidence and skill with mcgeough, Allan, cummings, handling, Stanton, Kennedy

jacomo
21-10-2014, 02:25 PM
The Yams are so thick they'll probably be singing 'we are unbeatable' before kick off.

Let's do them, as Roy Keane would say. We shouldn't have lost the last derby so would be great to make amends for that.

CRAZYHIBBY
21-10-2014, 04:41 PM
We will hump them......

weonlywon6-2
21-10-2014, 06:13 PM
Ive said before and i will say again,they are not that good,they are miles away from the team they were a few years ago.If they played dundee utd or even Hamilton today they would get beat.
Let them think they are brilliant,after all the hearts bubble always bursts

eastterrace
21-10-2014, 06:19 PM
Ive said before and i will say again,they are not that good,they are miles away from the team they were a few years ago.If they played dundee utd or even Hamilton today they would get beat.

yes kinda agree with you they are being hyped up. they are probably on par with us so should be a close game but some people are making them out as a top side. like you said they would be get beat by teams like hamilton and Dundee united they would be in the bottom six of the premier

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-10-2014, 08:13 PM
They are maybe hyped up and they are far from the team that they were, but they are still a better side than we are and we will do well if we get three points at the weekend.

superfurryhibby
21-10-2014, 08:54 PM
They are maybe hyped up and they are far from the team that they were, but they are still a better side than we are and we will do well if we get three points at the weekend.

Spot on. A point will be acceptable. Folk need to open their eyes. Results don't lie.

Gatecrasher
21-10-2014, 09:04 PM
Sorry but the amount if times I have read they on here only for normal service to resume in match days is way too many.

R11Loaded
22-10-2014, 01:13 AM
It's a derby, people always say form goes out the window and to an extent I agree.

At tynecastle, our squad was arguably worse, now it's better and we are 5 unbeaten.

Someone has to beat them, and if our players can't motivate their self this Sunday they can leave on Monday.

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

TheFamous1875
22-10-2014, 02:03 AM
I have to say, regardless of déjà vu or anything like that, I do feel like we're going to win this one. I try not to predict any match, as I never feel that you can with Hibs, but with the build up being as it is, the rate that we're improving and the potential that we've shown so far, coupled by Hearts' unrelenting early season form and their injuries catching up with them, it feels like the perfect time for the seas to change and for them to lose their first three points.

The 4-0 at Livi was exactly what we needed to kick start our season, and what better way to kick it off than with a very winnable derby against a very beatable and deluded and lucky Hearts coming up.

brog
22-10-2014, 06:55 AM
My major concern is with our back 4. Three left sided defenders against a team whose main attacker is left sided. If Fontaine is fit it will be a plus but won't change the above. I hope PH is practising tackling with his right foot all week! Everywhere else I believe we're at least as good as them, we just need a break for a change.

California-Hibs
22-10-2014, 08:19 AM
Think some people are looking into this tied comparison a bit too much, like it will somehow magically give us a win because of it.

For what it's worth I think we're winning this derby 3-1 but I'm not being drawn into the - 'it happened before under similar circumstances etc.

erin go bragh
22-10-2014, 07:45 PM
Dont know about deja vu but 14 years ago on this day ,we flucked them 6-2 !

Ggtth