PDA

View Full Version : Manager or player? Who is in the wrong?

Billychaotic182
21-10-2014, 12:10 PM
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29699434

Old Arry having a go it his player for being unfit. Player hits back

Who's side are you on?

Fergos
21-10-2014, 12:15 PM
2 sides or every story and I have a feeling there's truth on both sides here.

Reckon the player is probably overweight and comes across as having a bit of an attitude but also IMHO imagine HR is past his sell by date as a manager at the top level.....always needed money to achieve anything successful and isn't remembered fondly at Pompey despite delivering them an FA cup....

GGTTH

easty
21-10-2014, 12:17 PM
I'm on Taarabts side. Redknapp is a welt, never liked him.

Even if the player is looking unfit, theres a way to deal with that, and Harrys way was well out of line.

WestCoastHibby
21-10-2014, 12:18 PM
Neither. An overpaid, over precious prima donna being criticised by a dodgy over paid over- rated manager ( aka ugliest man in football )

No sympathy for either. If "Arry" gets the bump he will have umpteen more million in the offshore acct. TOSSERS!!

Broken Gnome
21-10-2014, 12:21 PM
Redknapp is the type of a man who exaggerates every single piece of information he ever passes on.

Spudster
21-10-2014, 12:34 PM
Redknapp is the type of a man who exaggerates every single piece of information he ever passes on.
Unless it's to the tax man :wink:

3pm
21-10-2014, 12:35 PM
Both daft.

Smartie
21-10-2014, 01:55 PM
Neither. An overpaid, over precious prima donna being criticised by a dodgy over paid over- rated manager ( aka ugliest man in football )

No sympathy for either. If "Arry" gets the bump he will have umpteen more million in the offshore acct. TOSSERS!!

If "Arry" were to receive a tasty pay-off I doubt either he or his offshore account would see any of it.

As usual, it would go straight to his dog.

Oscar T Grouch
21-10-2014, 01:58 PM
I like neither man, but you shouldn't publicly criticise one of your own players, it achieves nothing and alienates the player. Bad move by Arry, good response from the player. I would assume either Arry will be parting company with QPR soon or Taarabts will be off in January. Can's see the relationship being mended.

Craig_HFC
21-10-2014, 02:07 PM
I'm on Taarabt's side. Redknapp is a total walloper, always has been & always will be.

His 'man-management' skills are non-existent.

Keith_M
21-10-2014, 02:23 PM
2 sides (to) every story ........

Actually, there's three.

Using this case an example, there's the Manager's side, the Player's side then there's what actually happened.

p.s. Redknapp is a Walloper.

The Gorf
21-10-2014, 02:31 PM
I'm on Taarabt's side. Redknapp is a total walloper, always has been & always will be.

His 'man-management' skills are non-existent.
Yeah, I think he went to the Terry Butcher school of "Man Management".

jacomo
21-10-2014, 03:01 PM
Lots of dislike of Arry here, and fair enough. But SO frustrating when a player of Taarabt's undoubted ability doesn't fulfil it.

anyone know what Benji's up to these days? Wikipedia had him at FUS Rabat in Morocco but he seems to have left and no update since 2012. He's apparently 29 now.

Saint Hibee
21-10-2014, 03:09 PM
'Arry is as crooked as they come. I'm with whoever's against him.

Boyle89
21-10-2014, 03:18 PM
'Arry is as crooked as they come. I'm with whoever's against him.

Me too. If taraabt isn't fit them don't pick him!

Smartie
21-10-2014, 03:30 PM
Whilst he's now best known for his "dodgy dealings" I'm surprised there isn't a wee bit more respect for Redknapp's managerial ability.

He did well at West Ham and won a cup at Pompey. I'm always surprised when managers get the blame for financial mismanagement at clubs, it wasn't him who signed the cheques for the players that Pompey signed. I'm pretty sure he was a disaster at Southampton right enough.

I'm sure Spurs were near the bottom of the league when he took over and he left them in a much better position than he found them. The jury's out a bit at QPR but time will tell.

He may seem a bit "old-school" and a wheeler and dealer but I still think he's a decent manager. He's no Terry Butcher.

Taarabt has immense quality but has never quite achieved what he should. I get the feeling he's a bit of a prima donna and that he'd do well to listen to someone like Harry Redknapp who will have seen many players come and go and underachieve in his career.

KeithTheHibby
21-10-2014, 03:37 PM
Yeah, I think he went to the Terry Butcher school of "Man Management".

Rediculous comparison.

Deano Mourinho
21-10-2014, 03:40 PM
Manager is always right - players need to take the critism however Harry should never publicly blame player and ultimately if you think he is unfit why play him?

Bostonhibby
21-10-2014, 03:43 PM
2 cheeks=1 arse

"Arry" is presumably able to influence the condition of his players as well as command their respect - he is after all touted as an old fashioned football manager.

Taraabt is a pretty decent footballer who thinks he is better than he is and regards himself as much bigger than the club - maybe why the much bigger clubs are standing off. He is responsible for his physical shape, attitude to playing and performances on the pitch - QPR fan I know says he just isn't interested, doesn't want him in the team when they are battling for points. Most of the other players do seem to want to play for Arry to be fair.

21-10-2014, 04:37 PM
I like Harry. Met him a few years ago and he's actually a really nice bloke tbf.

Too many over paid, pampered football players that don't bother their *****. If he's not training or putting the effort in to get fit and do a job for the club paying him a fortune then IMO the manger has every right to be pissed off. Perhaps publicly coming out to the media and criticising him wasn't the way to go about it but I can understand why he's frustrated.

GreenArmyyy!
22-10-2014, 05:29 PM
Whilst he's now best known for his "dodgy dealings" I'm surprised there isn't a wee bit more respect for Redknapp's managerial ability.

He did well at West Ham and won a cup at Pompey. I'm always surprised when managers get the blame for financial mismanagement at clubs, it wasn't him who signed the cheques for the players that Pompey signed. I'm pretty sure he was a disaster at Southampton right enough.

I'm sure Spurs were near the bottom of the league when he took over and he left them in a much better position than he found them. The jury's out a bit at QPR but time will tell.

He may seem a bit "old-school" and a wheeler and dealer but I still think he's a decent manager. He's no Terry Butcher.

Taarabt has immense quality but has never quite achieved what he should. I get the feeling he's a bit of a prima donna and that he'd do well to listen to someone like Harry Redknapp who will have seen many players come and go and underachieve in his career.

Completely agree, think Redknapp always has been a very good manager. Don't understand the lack of respect for his football management abilities.