PDA

View Full Version : Derby Predictions

20-10-2014, 05:28 PM
Just for a bit of fun!

Good win on saturday night but i'm afraid hearts are much tougher opposition and their confidence is sky high. Can't see us winning in all honesty. There run has to come to an end at some point though and it wouldn't be the first time we have ended their unbeaten start to a season.

2-0 hearts though i'm afraid.

Hibeesmad
20-10-2014, 05:32 PM
3-0 hearts

Bronson
20-10-2014, 05:33 PM
2-0 hibs

Cracker
20-10-2014, 05:35 PM
Just for a bit of fun!

Good win on saturday night but i'm afraid hearts are much tougher opposition and their confidence is sky high. Can't see us winning in all honesty. There run has to come to an end at some point though and it wouldn't be the first time we have ended their unbeaten start to a season.
2-0 hearts though i'm afraid.
Can see us doing them on Sunday 2.1 😁😁😁

Squealing pig
20-10-2014, 05:39 PM
1-0 us with Allen goal

overdrive
20-10-2014, 05:44 PM
3-1 Hearts.

GlasgowHibee
20-10-2014, 05:52 PM
4-1 that lot, I reckon we'll score first but then get someone sent off and concede a penalty and they'll just walk all over us.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
20-10-2014, 05:54 PM
3-0 Hearts.

Col2
Hearts have confidence, pace, goals, width and are rightly getting a lot of good plaudits.

They should on paper win 2-1 / 3-1.

However I think we will get a draw so going for 1-1.

eastterrace
4-1 that lot, I reckon we'll score first but then get someone sent off and concede a penalty and they'll just walk all over us.

god your cheerie, i depressed even reading that.

truehibernian
20-10-2014, 05:55 PM
2-1 Hibs

Deansy
20-10-2014, 05:59 PM
Just be yet another game where they really want to win it - for us, the same old, 'just another game' approach !

eastterrace
20-10-2014, 06:01 PM
Just be yet another game where they really want to win it - for us, the same old, 'just another game' approach !

they are no that good, mind they scraped a result against rangers when we gave them a tanking.

GlasgowHibee
20-10-2014, 06:02 PM
god your cheerie, i depressed even reading that.

Fed up of the SFA, sorry, SPFL's *****ness, it's a guarantee there'll be a controversial decision that will go against us.

Hermit Crab
20-10-2014, 06:03 PM
0-4 them if we don't believe we can win. 2-0 hibs if we go into the game with the never say die attitude.

lord bunberry
20-10-2014, 06:03 PM
Anything less than a 3 goal victory will feel like a defeat.

Hermit Crab
20-10-2014, 06:04 PM
Fed up of the SFA, sorry, SPFL's *****ness, it's a guarantee there'll be a controversial decision that will go against us.

Like the penalty we got in that last Derby that was never a penalty?? Swings in roundabouts.

gillythehibby
1 each. Hopefully we get a wee rub ay the green and nudge that to 2-1. I wouldny predict a win for those gunts if my life depended on it. Mon the hibs.

ManBearPig
3-1 tae the cabbage. hearts to go one nil up. id say they have width but sure stevenson and gray can handle it

Hermit Crab
20-10-2014, 06:05 PM
Anything less than a 3 goal victory will feel like a defeat.

For them? :confused:

lord bunberry
20-10-2014, 06:06 PM
For them? :confused:

For us

erin go bragh
20-10-2014, 06:32 PM
Livi beat them 4-0 at Almondvale . We beat Livi 4-0 there . So were going to win 8-0 .
Fick die Herzen

Ggtth

Michael
20-10-2014, 06:33 PM
I have a feeling it will be a bit of an anticlimax: 0-0

rcarter1
20-10-2014, 06:39 PM
As good as Hearts are in this league, even they concede that we are one of the better sides they have played. Im not sure what the best strategy is to deal with them and I haven't seen them play, but if Stubbs calls it right, Im sure that our players, are man for man equal to theirs. Judging by the last derby, if we get the breaks, we can win. They aren't Barcelona!

1-0 Hibs, late goal

Keith_M
20-10-2014, 06:41 PM
Don't try to predict the result in the Derby, you'll just end up looking stupid.

Springbank
20-10-2014, 06:44 PM
2-0 to Hibs

Unbeatables mark 2

Get it
Right
F
Up
Them

GreenLake
20-10-2014, 06:58 PM
3.2 Hibs. Malonga Hat trick first in the 07th, second in the 62nd and third in the 70th minute.

Billychaotic182
20-10-2014, 07:10 PM
A dull and poor game

0-0

weonlywon6-2
20-10-2014, 07:13 PM
If we can defend well and not lose an early goal then we can win this,they are not that good

silverhibee
20-10-2014, 07:33 PM
Since it is just a bit fun.

8-0 Hibs

About time we went one more.

frazeHFC
20-10-2014, 07:38 PM
Hibs 5-1 Hearts

Sir David Gray
20-10-2014, 07:57 PM
They've scored an average of three goals a game in the league so far so clearly they are the massive favourites.

I could never predict a Hearts win in a derby though.

2-1 Hibs.

NadeAteMyLunch!
20-10-2014, 08:05 PM
Jeezo. It's Hearts we're playing lads, not Barca. Let's have some confidence

Albanian Hibs
20-10-2014, 08:07 PM
4-0 Hearts

Hermit Crab
20-10-2014, 08:10 PM
4-0 Hearts

:tee hee:

Forever_Green93
20-10-2014, 08:28 PM
2-1 hearts or a boring 0-0

#FromTheCapital
20-10-2014, 08:42 PM
My prediction - Hearts to claim at some point this week that their entire squad has contracted Ebola, then come Sunday a full strength hearts team will turn up to Easter road and win 2-0.

GGTTH07
20-10-2014, 09:01 PM
1-1 or one of us sneaking it late on.

Bronson
20-10-2014, 09:17 PM
Jeezo. It's Hearts we're playing lads, not Barca. Let's have some confidence

This. Some of these posts are embarrassing in the lead up to a derby, we're really not as bad as some on here would have you believe.

tamig
20-10-2014, 09:19 PM
These threads should be banned.

Turkish Green
20-10-2014, 09:26 PM
Do not see Hibs losing.

HibeeHendo
20-10-2014, 09:29 PM
The difference between Hibs and Hearts is purely confidence.

Neutralize Bauben and Gomis and we have a good chance of controlling the midfield.

We also have to do a better job in closing down Nicholson who had a stormer against us in the last game.

We'll miss Forster because he played really well against Sow in the previous derby but I have every confidence in Fontaine and Hanlon handling him.

Eyrie
20-10-2014, 09:33 PM
The only predictions I'll make are that Hearts will kick Allan and McGeoch at every opportunity and hoof the ball up to Sow.

Dinkydoo
20-10-2014, 09:34 PM
3 - 1 Hibs. Cracking performance

Sir David Gray
20-10-2014, 09:38 PM
This. Some of these posts are embarrassing in the lead up to a derby, we're really not as bad as some on here would have you believe.

We're not, I agree. However Hearts are playing extremely well and are sitting nine points clear at the top of the league and are yet to lose a game.

I think that's where most of the negativity comes from, rather than people feeling that we're playing particularly badly at the moment.

Ronniekirk
20-10-2014, 10:01 PM
We're not, I agree. However Hearts are playing extremely well and are sitting nine points clear at the top of the league and are yet to lose a game.

I think that's where most of the negativity comes from, rather than people feeling that we're playing particularly badly at the moment.
I have tended to agree with you that hearts have got off to a flier and don't look like team that will suddenly loose several games in a row .But I have said they will drop points along the way .The fact the have hardly done that to date means they are due a defeat so by that logic who better to defeat them than us Ideally would of liked Foster available and if Fontaine doesn't make it it then Hearts will feel we are more vulnerable at the back go for the early goal and we can hit them on the Counterattack .Livi were very poor but our general tempo and movement at times was better and Dylan' and Scott can both cause them problems by direct running and taking on players .

Sir David Gray
20-10-2014, 10:09 PM
I have tended to agree with you that hearts have got off to a flier and don't look like team that will suddenly loose several games in a row .But I have said they will drop points along the way .The fact the have hardly done that to date means they are due a defeat so by that logic who better to defeat them than us Ideally would of liked Foster available and if Fontaine doesn't make it it then Hearts will feel we are more vulnerable at the back go for the early goal and we can hit them on the Counterattack .Livi were very poor but our general tempo and movement at times was better and Dylan' and Scott can both cause them problems by direct running and taking on players .

They will lose games over the course of the season, any talk of them going the whole season unbeaten is, in my opinion, nonsense.

Hopefully once they lose one game then it will be like waiting for a bus and losses two, three and four will follow on from that.

I would love nothing better than to end their unbeaten run on Sunday and I wouldn't necessarily dismiss the possibility of that happening. However this will be a huge challenge for our players and we'll need all our players to be at the top of their game and, if I'm being honest, we'll probably need them to have a bit of an off day too if we're going to win.

It's possible though.

smurf
20-10-2014, 10:32 PM
Based on what are folk having that lot as world beaters? I'm convinced we can and will beat them comfortably should we turn up on and off the park...

erin go bragh
20-10-2014, 10:32 PM
4-0 Hearts

Your not that taxi driver i met AH . He was Hibs daft but 4-0 for them , cmon.

마음 씨 발
Ggtth

andrew70
20-10-2014, 10:34 PM
The difference between Hibs and Hearts is purely confidence.

Neutralize Bauben and Gomis and we have a good chance of controlling the midfield.

We also have to do a better job in closing down Nicholson who had a stormer against us in the last game.

We'll miss Forster because he played really well against Sow in the previous derby but I have every confidence in Fontaine and Hanlon handling him.

Sam only started playing better when they moved him to the right hand side. His goal apart he was, for large parts of the game, very quiet. Very good player although Holt is their best player by a distance and he can't get a game because of Levein's two thugs playing in centre mid. I hope Fontaine is fit however would have no issues with Boothy playing again.

They are nothing to fear well that's unless they are allowed to boot us about the pitch like they were in the first derby. Buaben and Gomis were both guilty of several bad fouls before the referee even spoke to them.

I suspect like many derbies that Hearts will likely look to frustrate us, breaking up the play with niggly fouls and then search for a scrappy goal which they usually get.

Bronson
20-10-2014, 10:37 PM

They're clinical, which is the only thing I see being our downfall if it's a makeshift back 4. Booth at centre half you can get away with once against piss poor opposition but I wouldn't fancy him against Sow, need Fontaine back for this one.

silverhibee
20-10-2014, 10:44 PM
These threads should be banned.

Something we agree on :thumbsup:

silverhibee
20-10-2014, 10:46 PM
"tell al the hertz you know" :cb

California-Hibs
20-10-2014, 11:54 PM
An outstanding performance from us. 3-1 win. Malonga, Cummings and Allan. 'You're not unbeatable..you're not unbeatable' being heard loud and clear from the Hibs fans with their hands aloft, while the Hearts fans head for the exits in their droves in the 85th minute.

You heard it here first.

SteveHFC
20-10-2014, 11:56 PM
5-1 Hearts :agree:.

Hearts are scoring goals for fun at the moment. They will pump us :(.

Nah just kidding it will be 2-1 Hibs.

R'Albin
21-10-2014, 12:30 AM
Based on what are folk having that lot as world beaters? I'm convinced we can and will beat them comfortably should we turn up on and off the park...

Nobody's saying they're world beaters, people are probably basing it on the fact they have twice the points tally that we do.

In saying that, I'm still fancying a 2-0 win :wink:

Bristolhibby
21-10-2014, 12:56 AM
A win for them. Either a standard gutless humping, or a sneaky breakaway against the run of play for an undeserved 0-1 victory. Take your pick. We've had them all.

(We'll win now!)

J

Hermit Crab
21-10-2014, 01:14 AM
A poor Celtic team brushed them aside 3 zip. Hearts to be fair did start well in that game and were unlucky not to be ahead in the first ten minutes. I fully expect them to do the same against us. If we can keep it tight for the first 15-20 minutes then take it from there as hearts will probably have to adopt a new approach if they don't get the early breakthrough.

While they score a lot of goals they do concede as well. They've conceded against so called lesser teams in the league this season. Dumbarton, cowdenbeath and 4 away at livingston. Admittedly that was a team of many changes that shipped 4.

Keep the ball on the deck and get malonga into the play with Cummings playing off him and Allan and Robertson providing the support from midfield and we could Nick a couple of goals. I'm worried about our back line though. We looked like conceding at times against livingston on Saturday despite not being under too much pressure. Defence needs to be at the top of their game on Sunday to give us a chance of getting a result.

Forza Fred
21-10-2014, 01:14 AM
2-0 to them.

Hate to admit it, but they always try harder than us.

Hibernia&Alba
21-10-2014, 01:39 AM
Once again I'm not confident ahead of a derby, but I can't bring myself to predict a Hearts a win at ER, so I'm going 1-1. The important thing is we don't play with fear but take the game to them. If we give it a proper go, we can beat them.

weonlywon6-2
21-10-2014, 05:00 AM
Hibs 5-1 Hearts

Now that would be funny

Hibs7
21-10-2014, 07:38 AM
Their 5-1 win at the weekend was not impressive according to the highlights ..the keeper should have saved 2 of them and poor defending for crosses into the box accounted for the others ..they are not a bad team but far from invincible as their mutant support think .. Play well and we can beat them .. Lewis to have a blinder and assist for 2 goals !! Saying no more 🎃

Nutmegged
21-10-2014, 08:14 AM
Hibs 1-2 Hearts

I think it'll be glorious failure for us, I think we'll play well and get hit with a goal against the run of play then at 0-1 we'll be all over them really gor for the equaliser, get hit with the sucker punch for 0-2 then get a goal with about 10 mins to go and for us to hit them with everything but the kitchen sink.

I hate these type of scenarios because they usually leave ecstatic that they've beat us again and the majority of our fans will see it as smash and grab job and be greatly encouraged by our performance and look ahead to next week

I've seen this film too many times

Greenblood70
21-10-2014, 08:18 AM
To win I think we'll need to score 3 or 4, Our defence frailties and lapses in concentration coupled with their current confidence would suggest the poppy thieves will get a couple. I'll go 3-2 Hibs without any real conviction other than my heart totally ruling my head.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albanian Hibs
21-10-2014, 09:12 AM
Your not that taxi driver i met AH . He was Hibs daft but 4-0 for them , cmon.

마음 씨 발
Ggtth

Haha that could have been my husband!

My predictions in the past of Hibs turning them over never happen so lets see what my prediction of hearts winning does...

we are hibs
21-10-2014, 10:41 AM
2-2 draw, hibs to be 2-0 up

Steve20
21-10-2014, 10:48 AM
2-2

percy veer
21-10-2014, 11:15 AM

i do hope your right, but i like other posters think we will get tanked, I hope I am wrong on that. results aainst them cant get any worse for us... or can it 0-7 take all we have left

Waxy
21-10-2014, 11:22 AM
3-3

Geo_1875
21-10-2014, 11:49 AM
I'll wait and see who is appointed referee before I make any predictions.

Franck Stanton
21-10-2014, 03:51 PM
Just cannae see us keeping a clean sheet, we tend to give away cheap goals regardless of the opposition, [I know we just beat Livi with a clean sheet, but I mean generally]. So, having said that think we will need to score at least 2 to win. Don't know who we have that is capable of doing this , still I live more in hope than expectation. Depends entirely on how much the players WANT the win - you can be sure that they muppets will be well fired up for it, as always it seems. Head says yam win, heart says 2-1 us, [hope my heart wins.]

21-10-2014, 04:14 PM
Just cannae see us keeping a clean sheet, we tend to give away cheap goals regardless of the opposition, [I know we just beat Livi with a clean sheet, but I mean generally]. So, having said that think we will need to score at least 2 to win. Don't know who we have that is capable of doing this , still I live more in hope than expectation. Depends entirely on how much the players WANT the win - you can be sure that they muppets will be well fired up for it, as always it seems. Head says yam win, heart says 2-1 us, [hope my heart wins.]

:agree: They are quite strong up front and we tend to give away an awful lot of sloppy goals.

CRAZYHIBBY
21-10-2014, 04:44 PM
Jeezo the general negativity like in this thread is the reason we are always beat before kickoff

B.H.F.C
21-10-2014, 04:52 PM
Depends how much we've learned from our mistakes in the first derby. The game was there for the taking and we didn't do it. Stubbs made mistakes that day as well but I still think the players had to show more belief at the start of the second half and go for the kill.

Allen and McGeough driving us on from midfield could be the difference for me. Also, I really hope Fontaine is back.

Jim44
21-10-2014, 05:12 PM
Jeezo the general negativity like in this thread is the reason we are always beat before kickoff

Let's not forget that this is a score 'prediction' thread not a score 'wish' thread. Most folk base predictions on available information, experience, probability and reasoning. I would say that most predictions of a Hibs defeat, except for the obvious Jambo infiltrators, are, unfortunately on the mark. A negative thread on predicted scores will have no more effect on the outcome of this match than one of patronising and well-meaning platitudes.

Nutmegged
21-10-2014, 05:14 PM

How does being positive before wvery game work out for you?

Every single Hibby at Easter Road on Sunday will be willing us to win but we are having an honest opinion on our own teams message board

Stranraer
21-10-2014, 05:14 PM
Hibs 0-1 Yams

Franck Stanton
21-10-2014, 05:31 PM
How does being positive before wvery game work out for you?

Every single Hibby at Easter Road on Sunday will be willing us to win but we are having an honest opinion on our own teams message board

Exactly, nae point asking the question if yer no' prepared tae take/dinnae like the answers genuinely felt by supporters.

GGTTH07
21-10-2014, 08:14 PM
Both teams to score.

Long suffering
21-10-2014, 08:31 PM
really do believe there would be a lot more optimistic posts if people had been at the livi game. I believe allan and mcgeouch are key without them we mmay well witness a pedestrian sideways aimless performance aka dumbarton, with them we are so much more dynamic and purposeful....
Hibernian 2-1 Hearts (please)

Bronson
21-10-2014, 09:12 PM

This.

Sammy7nil
21-10-2014, 09:15 PM
Zero - one

Hermit Crab
21-10-2014, 09:16 PM
I predict pure venom accompanied with cold pie and bovil flying out of the stands within minutes of the match starting. We can't help ourselves its in our nature for some reason.

rcarter1
21-10-2014, 09:36 PM
Turns out Hibs have never scored 5 goals in victory against Hearts at Easter Road. Im going for 5-2.

3pm
22-10-2014, 06:19 AM
We should be expecting to beat this shower of **** every time we play them.

CalgaryHibs
24-10-2014, 07:36 PM
[QUOTE=Hibeesmad;4203905]3-0 hearts[/QUOTE

Yes I'm thinking score line as well (: hope I'm wrong

Also real 1-1barça :)

rcarter1
24-10-2014, 07:52 PM
really do believe there would be a lot more optimistic posts if people had been at the livi game. I believe allan and mcgeouch are key without them we mmay well witness a pedestrian sideways aimless performance aka dumbarton, with them we are so much more dynamic and purposeful....
Hibernian 2-1 Hearts (please)

These are the kind of players we have lacked for years. If they are on their game, and the others put in a good shift, we could give Hearts a fright. :pray:

GreenLake
24-10-2014, 09:23 PM
I see the Sunderland players offered to pay for their supporters tickets (http://edition.cnn.com/2014/10/22/sport/football/sunderland-fans-ticket-refund/index.html?hpt=hp_t4) to the game they lost 8 nil. A decent gesture but not one the yams are likely to emulate since they would have to refund ticket prices, direct debits, cake baking ingredients and assorted face paints.

weonlywon6-2
25-10-2014, 06:37 AM
Turns out Hibs have never scored 5 goals in victory against Hearts at Easter Road. Im going for 5-2.

6-2 ???

HH81
25-10-2014, 06:47 AM

The players are the reason why the derby record is poor, I very much doubt they read threads like this :confused:

FAO any player that does, start showing some bottle as a team and get into them from kick off and results will change!