PDA

View Full Version : "Cheat" Moses should be ashamed says Swansea boss

emerald green
20-10-2014, 02:24 PM
Swansea boss Garry Monk said Stoke's Victor Moses should be "ashamed of himself" and punished for winning his side a penalty against the Swans.

Monk said "Moses should be done for diving, for cheating". "It was an absolutely disgusting decision from the referee".

"He is supposed to be a professional referee at the highest level. He's the only guy who thought it was a penalty. Everyone in the stadium was amazed. How he can't see it is a blatant dive is beyond me".

Monk certainly didn't mince his words anyway! It's maybe time more managers made more noise about stuff like this. It's been going on for far too long, and needs to be stamped out.

Bye the way, I didn't see the "dive" in question, I'm just putting this out as a topic for discussion.

Having seen HFC on the wrong end of decisions like this down through the years, I can understand how Monk feels.

easty
20-10-2014, 02:26 PM
It'll be a farce if Monk is punished in any way. It was a shocker of a decision from the ref, who would never have given had he not given Swansea a pen earlier in the game.

ekhibee
20-10-2014, 02:34 PM
It'll be a farce if Monk is punished in any way. It was a shocker of a decision from the ref, who would never have given had he not given Swansea a pen earlier in the game.
I agree with all you say but I still think he will be punished(which I totally disagree with). I was trying to remember, when Lafferty and Pollit were diving away, did the opposing managers up here complain about them by name? I genuinely can't remember.

Scottie
20-10-2014, 03:25 PM
I agree with all you say but I still think he will be punished(which I totally disagree with). I was trying to remember, when Lafferty and Pollit were diving away, did the opposing managers up here complain about them by name? I genuinely can't remember.

Standard fine and ban on way to Mr Monk.

Agree with everything he said and imo well done for having the balls to say it .(maybe not the best tme to do an interview mind you when tensions are so high straight after the game.)

lord bunberry
20-10-2014, 03:35 PM
Would he say the same if it was one of his own players

Scottie
20-10-2014, 03:38 PM
Would he say the same if it was one of his own players

:dunno: But refreshing to hear what a manager really thinks instead of the usual trotted out bollocks after a game.

Geo_1875
20-10-2014, 03:39 PM
I think he was right to come out and say what he did. I also think more managers should condemn players who go down under little or no contact, including their own. I think the pundits and media should also highlight serial cheats and publicly condemn them. They could start with Gerrard who has been at it his whole career and has "anticipated contact" more times than I can remember.

greenlex
20-10-2014, 03:41 PM
Swansea boss Garry Monk said Stoke's Victor Moses should be "ashamed of himself" and punished for winning his side a penalty against the Swans.

Monk said "Moses should be done for diving, for cheating". "It was an absolutely disgusting decision from the referee".

"He is supposed to be a professional referee at the highest level. He's the only guy who thought it was a penalty. Everyone in the stadium was amazed. How he can't see it is a blatant dive is beyond me".

Monk certainly didn't mince his words anyway! It's maybe time more managers made more noise about stuff like this. It's been going on for far too long, and needs to be stamped out.

Bye the way, I didn't see the "dive" in question, I'm just putting this out as a topic for discussion.

Having seen HFC on the wrong end of decisions like this down through the years, I can understand how Monk feels. It was hardly a disgusting decision. It was a wrong decision. It was certainly a dive and he conned the ref.If you look at it from the refs angle you can see why he might have thought it was a penalty. I don't think it was anything to do with evening things up. The Swansea penalty was spot on. He had just said to the Stoke player to be careful as he was watching him. The player ignored the warning not once did he look at the ball being played and was concentrating in stopping the man eventually pulling him to the ground. That's a penalty and I wish more refs would apply the letter of the law at set pieces more often.

emerald green
20-10-2014, 04:38 PM
:dunno: But refreshing to hear what a manager really thinks instead of the usual trotted out bollocks after a game.

:agree:

I think he was right to come out and say what he did. I also think more managers should condemn players who go down under little or no contact, including their own. I think the pundits and media should also highlight serial cheats and publicly condemn them. They could start with Gerrard who has been at it his whole career and has "anticipated contact" more times than I can remember.

:agree: The bit in bold.

It was hardly a disgusting decision. It was a wrong decision. It was certainly a dive and he conned the ref.If you look at it from the refs angle you can see why he might have thought it was a penalty. I don't think it was anything to do with evening things up. The Swansea penalty was spot on. He had just said to the Stoke player to be careful as he was watching him. The player ignored the warning not once did he look at the ball being played and was concentrating in stopping the man eventually pulling him to the ground. That's a penalty and I wish more refs would apply the letter of the law at set pieces more often.

I didn't see the game, but if that's what happened, :agree: again.

DaveF
20-10-2014, 05:14 PM
It may be seen as 'refreshing' for Monk to say what he did but it was only back in February that his then team mate Chico Flores was rolling around cheating to get players sent off.

He's on dangerous ground and he better remain consistent because one of his players will dive or cheat to gain an advantage and the press will be all over him when it happens.