PDA

View Full Version : Hibs should be thankful fans still care.

Onion
20-10-2014, 06:43 AM
Interesting overview by Bathgate. Hard not to agree with a lot of it.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/hibs-should-be-thankful-fans-still-care-1-3577586

Peevemor
20-10-2014, 06:48 AM
What's interesting about it? Is there anything in it that wasn't lifted from here?

marinello59
20-10-2014, 07:18 AM
What's interesting about it? Is there anything in it that wasn't lifted from here?

I was wondering that too. He's simply rehashed what he has read in here and came to the conclusion that anything that paints the club in a bad light is correct. Not like Bathgate that is it?
He would fit right in with some here though with his implication that those fans still going to matches are part of the problem and that those who moan the most care the most. He's loving where we are right now.

Waxy
20-10-2014, 08:01 AM
Seems like anytime we get a result and the fans (and these boards) start getting positive, press guys like him churn out a negative story to push us back.

Golden Bear
20-10-2014, 08:13 AM
It's Derby week, Hibs had a good result at the weekend, a more positive mood is in the air --------------------- time for Bathgate to strike.

The motives behind his article seem pretty clear to me.

greenpaper55
20-10-2014, 08:21 AM
It's Derby week, Hibs had a good result at the weekend, a more positive mood is in the air --------------------- time for Bathgate to strike.

The motives behind his article seem pretty clear to me.

The Hootsmans finest ! says it all really as he is to lazy to think of something original to say so he pinches stuff from here.

Ozyhibby
20-10-2014, 08:48 AM
It's a good article.

Carheenlea
20-10-2014, 08:55 AM
One thing fans shouldn't care about these days is what journalists write about in newspapers. At one time the newspaper would be the first place to find out news of your club. Now they are way down the pecking order and numbers buying them for sports news now is dwindling by the week.

Pretty Boy
20-10-2014, 08:57 AM
Seems like anytime we get a result and the fans (and these boards) start getting positive, press guys like him churn out a negative story to push us back.

Spot on.

I'll be negative when it's deserved but after a thumping win at the weekend there's a glimmer of something resembling positivity on here. Cue a negative story from the media.

lord bunberry
20-10-2014, 09:03 AM
One thing fans shouldn't care about these days is what journalists write about in newspapers. At one time the newspaper would be the first place to find out news of your club. Now they are way down the pecking order and numbers buying them for sports news now is dwindling by the week.

Correct. I stopped buying newspapers about 18 months ago.

jacomo
20-10-2014, 09:13 AM

Good point. The entire readership of the Scotsman are .Net regulars so they'll just read this as old news. :rolleyes:

I think it was a decent summary of our situation, although there were fans with veins popping and abusing our own players and coaching team even when we were good. So it's not entirely true that the mood at ER is a result of poor performances.

Ozyhibby
20-10-2014, 09:25 AM
Good point. The entire readership of the Scotsman are .Net regulars so they'll just read this as old news. :rolleyes:

I think it was a decent summary of our situation, although there were fans with veins popping and abusing our own players and coaching team even when we were good. So it's not entirely true that the mood at ER is a result of poor performances.

You might be right. Hard to remember that far back.

Sas_The_Hibby
20-10-2014, 09:28 AM
A fair and accurate article IMO.

I feel a lot of sympathy for Leanne Dempster having got involved in this mess, but being told, in effect, to back the club rather than complain doesn't really do it for me, I'm afraid. The club has to recognise that the frustration a lot of us feel is not really about the start to this season (shocking though it has been) but about continual decline over a number of years; and having heard "back the club" time and again over that period, with things actually getting worse, year on year, I'm less and less inclined to respond in a positive fashion.

I remain hopeful but less and less interested or involved TBH.

Keith_M
20-10-2014, 09:50 AM
but being told, in effect, to back the club rather than complain doesn't really do it for me, I'm afraid.

I don't think that's quite what she said. I felt her post was motivated more by the number and personal tone of complaints.

Jim44
20-10-2014, 09:54 AM
As an arch-hater of Bathgate and all he stands for, my first reaction was, as usual, to go on the attack and have a go at him. I must be getting sensible in my old age, as I've come to realise that moaning about him on this forum is a waste of time and bandwidth. The only cure for Bathgateitis is to hit him where it hurts and we all know where that is.

silverhibee
20-10-2014, 10:06 AM
It's a good article.

Stop being deluded, it's a wind up from a yam telling the truth about Hibs and annoying us for the Derby, it's okay for folk to come on here and slate Bathgate for his piece even though they haven't been at ER for ages and would defend Oscar Pistorious and say he is innocent.

The guy has got it bang on the money with his piece about our club, but lets put the boot in from the other side of Europe.

Does it matter if he picked up things from here, his story is correct.

Apathy has set in but folk who don't go to games don't see this, but have plenty to say how good things are from 100s of miles away.

So open your eyes Ozy, everything is hunky dory at Hibs.

silverhibee
20-10-2014, 10:12 AM
Spot on.

I'll be negative when it's deserved but after a thumping win at the weekend there's a glimmer of something resembling positivity on here. Cue a negative story from the media.

It's hardly negative when it's all we have spoke about on this MB, he is telling us something we already no, he ain't ramming it down our throat, lets just admit his piece is spot on about what he says about our club.

Apathy has set in and a win again Livingston won't have 1000s of fans running back to ER saying everything is great and we have turned the corner and we will go on to win the league now after putting 4 past the mighty Livi.

CMac1988
20-10-2014, 10:17 AM
I agree with it being a good article but I also think it's timing is rather noxious.

Had it been published last week then fair enough, but after a good win and on derby week? Using his article to stir up negativity in the midst of the little positivity we've amounted.

silverhibee
20-10-2014, 10:38 AM
As an arch-hater of Bathgate and all he stands for, my first reaction was, as usual, to go on the attack and have a go at him. I must be getting sensible in my old age, as I've come to realise that moaning about him on this forum is a waste of time and bandwidth. The only cure for Bathgateitis is to hit him where it hurts and we all know where that is.

But as you no Jim that seems to be easier said than done against these f*****s, win the Derby and we just might see a wee chink of light in this league and the positivity will start to creep back in, get beat and it will be back to the same old negative pish, but Bathgate is spot on with what he says, can we ram his words down his throat this weekend and turn over the manky mob, a win this weekend and another one on Wednesday and we will be oozing with positivity on these boards and Leeann can come back on to this MB and say well done The Hibs Family.

Peevemor
20-10-2014, 11:04 AM
But as you no Jim that seems to be easier said than done against these f*****s, win the Derby and we just might see a wee chink of light in this league and the positivity will start to creep back in, get beat and it will be back to the same old negative pish, but Bathgate is spot on with what he says, can we ram his words down his throat this weekend and turn over the manky mob, a win this weekend and another one on Wednesday and we will be oozing with positivity on these boards and Leeann can come back on to this MB and say well done The Hibs Family.

Albeit with a very one-sided viewpoint.

The suggestion is that LD's sole purpose for posting was to complain about the negativity, where in fact she addressed different points that had been raised on here.

He says that Hibs have "no obvious excuse for that decline similar to the financial collapse suffered by the other two big clubs in the Championship, Hearts and Rangers." Except The 2 clubs mentioned have each managed to write off tens of millions of pounds of debt rung up due to their overspending in a league in which we were trying to compete. Other clubs have done deals with the banks and their creditiors to wipe out debt. Hibs are currently suffering partly because we try to do things the right way.

That section of the support, the ones for whom their team is about a lot more than 90 minutes every week, should be cultivated by a club’s hierarchy. Instead, the people who run Hibs – and this goes well beyond Dempster – seem to regard them with, at best, suspicion.

He chooses to ignore the countless meetings that LD has had with supporters groups in an effort to improve relations.

F*** you Bathgate and your one-sided excuse for journalism.

Carheenlea
20-10-2014, 11:15 AM
The newspaper football writers have never been as irrelevant and less influential as they are now in 2014.

Jones28
20-10-2014, 11:16 AM
Classic. We win and the Monday morning following the win a negative story comes out. Ram it down bath gates throat Hibs

Bad Martini
20-10-2014, 11:20 AM
1) ALL newspapers are there to make money
2) Some are below contempt and nothing more than ***** one would pass after a good curry
3) Some, are worse than this and dont merit even mentioning their very name, the *******s

...this guy, is a windup merchant attempting to look for the current divisions in our club and seeking to sneak in like a bit of Japanse knotweed...

He fails to realise what we love to depsise, more than our own ineptitude, failures and other shortcomings is ANYONE else pointing said shortcomings out. And worse still, we dislike vehnemently, some uber-arse from over the road trying to do it subtly.

Wont work bawbag.

MON THE HIBS...if there was ever a time to turn THEM over (though every time is braw), THIS, is the one to do it......forget the past on both sides. This is one we both want and probably need to win.

Lets hope nobody in green and white forgets this and we get the result.

GGTTH.:aok:

jacomo
20-10-2014, 11:34 AM

The suggestion is that LD's sole purpose for posting was to complain about the negativity, where in fact she addressed different points that had been raised on here.

He says that Hibs have "no obvious excuse for that decline similar to the financial collapse suffered by the other two big clubs in the Championship, Hearts and Rangers." Except The 2 clubs mentioned have each managed to write off tens of millions of pounds of debt rung up due to their overspending in a league in which we were trying to compete. Other clubs have done deals with the banks and their creditiors to wipe out debt. Hibs are currently suffering partly because we try to do things the right way.

He chooses to ignore the countless meetings that LD has had with supporters groups in an effort to improve relations.

What on earth do you mean by this?

Peevemor
20-10-2014, 11:37 AM

While other clubs spent money they didn't have, Hibs have been fairly strict with their player budgets.

Waxy
20-10-2014, 11:42 AM
It was Jim Traynor (where is he now?) who put me off buying newspapers.During that summer when they were all bending over to push The Rangers straight into the SPL.Haven't bought a Daily Record since then and never will again.

greenlex
20-10-2014, 11:42 AM
Surely you don't need it spelt out? Hibs are hindered by servicing debt rather than having the advantage of recently writing it off.

silverhibee
20-10-2014, 11:56 AM

Since she has never responded to anything after her post i got the wee impression that she was putting Hibs.net in it's place, (go to the naughty seat for not being positive enough) I also think she was calling out some posters on here to put up or shut up, ie, to regards Hibs approaching one or two fans to be fans reps to be on the Hibs board months ago, she strongly denied this had happened, so my thoughts were she is saying prove it or shut up and stop stirring things at the club.

Yes Bathgate is a yam prick but he has called it right here about the predicament we find our self's in, we were put up there as the model to follow as the best run club in Scotland and our way is the way ahead for every other club to follow, not going very good for the best run club in Scotland is it, still in massive debt, been relegated, and losing fans in the 1000s and a owner who will respond to a couple of kids who turn up at his door in Barnton but can't be bothered addressing the 1000s of fans who turn up every other week at ER.

Wins in our next three games and the positivity about the club will be mind blowing on here so it will. :greengrin

Sas_The_Hibby
20-10-2014, 01:14 PM
I don't think that's quite what she said. I felt her post was motivated more by the number and personal tone of complaints.

Point taken, Keekaboo; I should have phrased it a bit more carefully.

To be clear, I have no complaint about what LD is trying to do or what she's saying. The problem is, and it's obviously not her fault in any way, that what she's now trying to address should have been addressed 5 years ago.

She's been handed a poisoned chalice IMO, and I wish her the best of luck. If she really turns the club around, with the fans' help, she should become a Hibs legend - and I'm not being facetious.

jacomo
20-10-2014, 01:31 PM
While other clubs spent money they didn't have, Hibs have been fairly strict with their player budgets.

Total nonsense, we are not currently suffering because we tried to balance the books. You know fine well that Hibs have more money to spend than most. We are where we are because of incompetence and a lack of leadership.

We can't control how other clubs operate

emerald green
20-10-2014, 01:44 PM
I honestly can't see anything in that article that I completely disagree with.

It's headline is "Hibs should be thankful fans still care" - agree with that. Some other quotes:

"the longer term picture is one of sustained decline" - agreed.

"LD's remarks are the wrong way round because they appear to imply the fans complaints are a big part of the problem rather than a response to that problem" - agreed.

"Of course a bad atmosphere at home games can have a detrimental affect on players, but it's not conjured up out of nothing - it's a response to previous bad results" - agreed.

"But the improved performances come first. You simply cannot expect 1000s of happy clappers to offer great backing no matter what's happening on the park" - agreed.

There's more in the article but that will do for now.

I've had a go at Bathgate in the past for what I saw as his perceived bias against Hibs, but I don't believe that's the case this time. Call me naïve if you like. :rolleyes:

The one thing that's been alluded to already is the timing of the article coming prior to the derby. I will have to reserve judgement on that this time.

Peevemor
20-10-2014, 01:50 PM
Total nonsense, we are not currently suffering because we tried to balance the books. You know fine well that Hibs have more money to spend than most. We are where we are because of incompetence and a lack of leadership.

We can't control how other clubs operate

If you read my post again you'll see that I said "partly because ...".

Peevemor
20-10-2014, 02:00 PM
Since she has never responded to anything after her post i got the wee impression that she was putting Hibs.net in it's place, (go to the naughty seat for not being positive enough) I also think she was calling out some posters on here to put up or shut up, ie, to regards Hibs approaching one or two fans to be fans reps to be on the Hibs board months ago, she strongly denied this had happened, so my thoughts were she is saying prove it or shut up and stop stirring things at the club.

Yes Bathgate is a yam prick but he has called it right here about the predicament we find our self's in, we were put up there as the model to follow as the best run club in Scotland and our way is the way ahead for every other club to follow, not going very good for the best run club in Scotland is it, still in massive debt, been relegated, and losing fans in the 1000s and a owner who will respond to a couple of kids who turn up at his door in Barnton but can't be bothered addressing the 1000s of fans who turn up every other week at ER.

Wins in our next three games and the positivity about the club will be mind blowing on here so it will. :greengrin

The Drum yesterday – we did not ask for this to be stopped, we did ask for flags to be searched as there have been numerous complaints from supporters who don’t like the effects of the smoke bombs etc so we’ve significantly stepped up security to try and eliminate these. You may like the colour but others don’t and others don’t enjoy the experience, they find it frightening and dangerous, these are also not allowed under any rules and cause the club constant issues. I’d ask that those involved with section 43 get in touch with me and we can come up with a plan that makes the match day experience better, that makes those who want to get involved happier with the outcome. I am all for match day noise, colour and atmosphere and I will help you as much as possible, home and away to achieve this but we need to do it in a way that works for everyone.

Two seats sold as ST and then removed – complete own goal from us, should have ben easy to fix and totally unnecessary. A classic example of people not speaking to each other and things falling through the gaps.

Hibs TV – again another own goal, we invested heavily in every aspect to deliver a better TV product alongside a new website. On the face of both, they should have delivered significantly more than they have. It’s not a supplier thing or issue, it was planning at our end – again an own goal that requires to be fixed quickly but to be fair to all concerned, it was a curve ball that derailed it right at the last minute – even so, still majorly disappointing but if it is any consolation, the whole exec team including myself and Jamie are involved to fix this.

Website and emails – look better, good functionality but needs constant attention, communications on every front is changing from staff and kit to plans and delivery. We have a strong volunteer team who want to do more and who can help us – we will be accepting their offer but more importantly, we will be offering new ways to get the messages out there.

Complaints/customer service/ supporter files are all being reengineered with the introduction of a new supporter dynamic system, in short, we should and will stop asking you to continually prove your details, DOB etc and we will all have access onscreen to a new system which hopefully means we are able to speak to you in a more personal and relevant way. It will mean a better service and a more productive executive team - has to be good.

Emails – I can’t answer every email that comes into the club addressed to me, there are too many. If you have a complaint about the stadium, tickets, smoke bomb etc etc then please use the contact us part of the website. Every department is now listed and available. Is it helpful to offload after a game directly to my email or twitter or is it better to get involved and speak directly – again, with respect, I won’t answer these emails as they usually don’t request a response.

I am sure there is a good deal more that I’ve missed and many more questions that you have not only for me but for Alan, George and the rest of the team. I am really happy to hear suggestions as to how we can make this whole transition more positive – I know it comes back to football on the day and I am under no illusions as to the power of this but in order to be a good CEO, I also need to future proof the club and that means I need to worry about the whole package, the football is my number 1 but I also have another 100 considerations that all feed into the overall success of our Club.

I will sign off with a few last thought, I won’t be on this board constantly and I won’t be replying to every angry tweet or every angry text or post – that does not mean however that I am oblivious to the issues but it also does not make me a poor CEO or one who is not interested in opinion. It means that I need to focus my time and energy into the bigger plan, I have the benefit of seeing the direction of travel and the changes first hand and I am confident that we will build a club together.

I am also keen to meet you rather than have my character given to me online so if you can think of ways that this can happen, I’m all ears. Maybe we have a social night in the FF – perhaps on the euro nights, we could have a chat / debate with myself and the team and then we could watch a match together.

We have the building blocks of some something quite wonderful – I’m convinced of it and I’m convinced that I am the person who can help facilitate it and deliver it for you. Tin hat on.

Above is a huge lump lifted directly from her post. Where in that lot is she putting anyone (except herself) in their place?

silverhibee
20-10-2014, 02:50 PM
Above is a huge lump lifted directly from her post. Where in that lot is she putting anyone (except herself) in their place?

The drummer and co were told they wouldn't be taking there seats in Section 43, and i believe they have been told they won't be allowed back in to section 43, that's being put in your place, even though it has now been established that it wasn't the drummer and co who were setting the smokebombs off, just mentioning the drummer and flag wavers means she was hinting it was them that were setting these things off.

I like what you have selectively picked out from her statement, how about answering the bit i was talking about though, and how could she not put herself in her place with the amount of own goals she admitted too in her post.

Do you not think she was calling out posters on here about "fans on the board" already being approached months ago, yes/no, that is why she posted on .net wasn't it and not on any other site.

The two seats carry on, bet the folk dealing with that were put in place for making a muck up of a simple thing that should have been sorted easily enough.

The rest of the points you selected, correct, she put herself in place for all the own goals she made.

And BOOM, a visit to EM arranged for .net today cancelled a few days before it takes place, bet they regret cancelling it now.

Peevemor
20-10-2014, 02:57 PM
The drummer and co were told they wouldn't be taking there seats in Section 43, and i believe they have been told they won't be allowed back in to section 43, that's being put in your place, even though it has now been established that it wasn't the drummer and co who were setting the smokebombs off, just mentioning the drummer and flag wavers means she was hinting it was them that were setting these things off.

I like what you have selectively picked out from her statement, how about answering the bit i was talking about though, and how could she not put herself in her place with the amount of own goals she admitted too in her post.

Do you not think she was calling out posters on here about "fans on the board" already being approached months ago, yes/no, that is why she posted on .net wasn't it and not on any other site.

The two seats carry on, bet the folk dealing with that were put in place for making a muck up of a simple thing that should have been sorted easily enough.

The rest of the points you selected, correct, she put herself in place for all the own goals she made.

And BOOM, a visit to EM arranged for .net today cancelled a few days before it takes place, bet they regret cancelling it now.

I was hardly being selective, I simply cut and paste the second half of her post.

The point I was making is that she addressed a fair number of points that had been raised on here. A lot of posters were happy with that and hope that it continues. You've decided that it's yet another negative.

Each to their own.

The Modfather
20-10-2014, 03:16 PM

A very minuscule part of the reason. Of the 15 clubs above us only 2 have been guilty of walking away from their debt in recent seasons.

Why only mention that part if it wasn't meant as some sort of defence of where we currently are. We are the reson we are where we are, not anything or anybody else.

Peevemor
20-10-2014, 03:20 PM
A very minuscule part of the reason. Of the 15 clubs above us only 2 have been guilty of walking away from their debt in recent seasons.

Why only mention that part if it wasn't meant as some sort of defence of where we currently are. We are the reson we are where we are, not anything or anybody else.

Because Bathgate compared Hibs to the huns and their wee sisters in his piece, saying that we hadn't had the same turmoil as them. The point I was making was that they've started from more or less zero after having wrtitten off mountains of debt. Hibs never bought Scottish Cup wins or Champions' League places, we tried to be correct in terms of finances.

The Modfather
20-10-2014, 03:28 PM
Because Bathgate compared Hibs to the huns and their wee sisters in his piece, saying that we hadn't had the same turmoil as them. The point I was making was that they've started from more or less zero after having wrtitten off mountains of debt. Hibs never bought Scottish Cup wins or Champions' League places, we tried to be correct in terms of finances.

So other than the 2 basket cases we're in the same boat as everyone else in Scottish football in spending what we have. We've simply been worse than 13 of the 15 clubs in front of us.

Scottie
20-10-2014, 03:33 PM
So other than the 2 basket cases we're in the same boat as everyone else in Scottish football in spending what we have. We've simply been worse than 13 of the 15 clubs in front of us.

:agree: ***** appointments and ***** signings = i suppose *****.

Peevemor
20-10-2014, 03:35 PM

You could say that. You could also consider how many of these clubs are or have been financial basket cases, including those that have been in administration, those that have had debt written off by their banks (who had no hope of recovering their money) and those that have had short term fixes from last minute white knights.

The Modfather
20-10-2014, 03:49 PM
You could say that. You could also consider how many of these clubs are or have been financial basket cases, including those that have been in administration, those that have had debt written off by their banks (who had no hope of recovering their money) and those that have had short term fixes from last minute white knights.

What about the money and loans Farmer has put in, in recent years to prop us up?

HibbiesandtheBaddies
20-10-2014, 04:15 PM
A fair and accurate article IMO.

I feel a lot of sympathy for Leanne Dempster having got involved in this mess, but being told, in effect, to back the club rather than complain doesn't really do it for me, I'm afraid. The club has to recognise that the frustration a lot of us feel is not really about the start to this season (shocking though it has been) but about continual decline over a number of years; and having heard "back the club" time and again over that period, with things actually getting worse, year on year, I'm less and less inclined to respond in a positive fashion.

I remain hopeful but less and less interested or involved TBH.

Sums it up for me :agree:

Peevemor
20-10-2014, 04:26 PM
What about the money and loans Farmer has put in, in recent years to prop us up?

Most have been repaid when there's been money available, although it wouldn't surprise me if we're into him for another couple of million after last season.

The Modfather
20-10-2014, 04:39 PM

Most have been repaid when there's been money available, although it wouldn't surprise me if we're into him for another couple of million after last season.

So we're not actually much different to the majority of clubs then, yet find ourselves below 15 of them. We're no different to the vast majority of clubs who try to live within their means, we just have (hopefully had) no idea how to punch our weight, never mind over achieve, in relation to finances.

jacomo
20-10-2014, 04:43 PM

I ken, and my opinion is that it's total nonsense.

Anything more to add?

Peevemor
20-10-2014, 04:52 PM
So we're not actually much different to the majority of clubs then, yet find ourselves below 15 of them. We're no different to the vast majority of clubs who try to live within their means, we just have (hopefully had) no idea how to punch our weight, never mind over achieve, in relation to finances.

You won't get any argument from me on that front. I was posting my reaction to the article in the EEN which, although it includes a lot of truth, doesn't even attempt to look at any positives and comparing us to Sevco and the merricks is just wrong IMO.

Peevemor
20-10-2014, 04:55 PM
I ken, and my opinion is that it's total nonsense.

That's up to you.

Anything more to add?

Eh. No.

jacomo
20-10-2014, 07:34 PM
That's up to you.

Eh. No.

Aye whatever. You try to claim that our woeful current situation is partly due to a desire to be financially prudent. This seems nonsense to me so I ask you to justify it.

First you accuse me of not reading your post properly, then you get smart.

Not sure when you were appointed the sage of Hibs.net but it ain't working for me. If you can't justify your comments or engage in debate, give it a rest.

Sammy7nil
20-10-2014, 08:52 PM

Is it the BAWS :confused:

Hibeesforever
20-10-2014, 09:14 PM
Surely you don't need it spelt out? Hibs are hindered by servicing debt rather than having the advantage of recently writing it off.

This is a very valid point and it is the ineptitude of the Board and current owner that does not explain this more clearly to the fans and media. Hibernian are now suffering from infrastructure that is five star but a product that is an undervalued asset. I am going to establish which banks or who we owe our debt to. This will be very important to the future success of the club. Perhaps Sir Tom can clear it as his final act of benevolence. Now that would be a real community gesture and his name could be emblazoned in his lifetime on the East Stand.

Peevemor
20-10-2014, 10:32 PM
Aye whatever. You try to claim that our woeful current situation is partly due to a desire to be financially prudent. This seems nonsense to me so I ask you to justify it.

First you accuse me of not reading your post properly, then you get smart.

Not sure when you were appointed the sage of Hibs.net but it ain't working for me. If you can't justify your comments or engage in debate, give it a rest.

FFS what are you getting so humpty about?

The thread is about the EEN article. Bathgate basically said that Hibs were crap even though we haven't had the same problems as Hearts and Rangers. The only point I was making is that while they wrote off tens of millions of debt (£100m+?) between them, we're still servicing ours. What's there to get your back up about?
And yes it is up to you whether you agree with me. And no I didn't want to comment further because you keep answering that it's nonsense.

Life's too short.

jacomo
20-10-2014, 11:23 PM
FFS what are you getting so humpty about?

The thread is about the EEN article. Bathgate basically said that Hibs were crap even though we haven't had the same problems as Hearts and Rangers. The only point I was making is that while they wrote off tens of millions of debt (£100m+?) between them, we're still servicing ours. What's there to get your back up about?
And yes it is up to you whether you agree with me. And no I didn't want to comment further because you keep answering that it's nonsense.

Life's too short.

Thanks for the courtesy of a proper reply, at last.

But you've got it the wrong way round - if our debts are unaffordable for the club to service then that's yet another proof of our utter failure.

And Bathgate's got it right (not that it's his opinion mind, as he's lifted from here)... we shouldn't even be in the same division as The Rangers and Hearts. Yet here we are... RPs leadership was so inept he couldn't even keep us away from these two cheats this season.

Peevemor
20-10-2014, 11:29 PM
Thanks for the courtesy of a proper reply, at last.

But you've got it the wrong way round - if our debts are unaffordable for the club to service then that's yet another proof of our utter failure.

And Bathgate's got it right (not that it's his opinion mind, as he's lifted from here)... we shouldn't even be in the same division as The Rangers and Hearts. Yet here we are... RPs leadership was so inept he couldn't even keep us away from these two cheats this season.

I don't necessarily think our debts are unaffordable, it's just that zero debt is even more affordable.

silverhibee
20-10-2014, 11:41 PM
I don't necessarily think our debts are unaffordable, it's just that zero debt is even more affordable.

Do you know how much debt the club is in roughly.

Peevemor
20-10-2014, 11:51 PM
Do you know how much debt the club is in roughly.

IIRC the mortgages total about £8m. Add to that the loss made during season 13/14 (no cup runs to speak of, attendances down, etc.), I'd guess between 9 and £10m.

That's off the top of my head and could well be guff.

silverhibee
20-10-2014, 11:57 PM
IIRC the mortgages total about £8m. Add to that the loss made during season 13/14 (no cup runs to speak of, attendances down, etc.), I'd guess between 9 and £10m.

That's off the top of my head and could well be guff.

:aok:

What was the highest debt we had and what year was that.

Just wondering likes. :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
21-10-2014, 01:46 AM
I was wondering that too. He's simply rehashed what he has read in here and came to the conclusion that anything that paints the club in a bad light is correct. Not like Bathgate that is it?
He would fit right in with some here though with his implication that those fans still going to matches are part of the problem and that those who moan the most care the most. He's loving where we are right now.

Correct . He's a total dobber.

Peevemor
21-10-2014, 05:35 AM
:aok:

What was the highest debt we had and what year was that.

Just wondering likes. :greengrin

About £18m - just before we sold the car park.