PDA

View Full Version : Can we please play in white for the rest of the season?

Bristolhibby
19-10-2014, 12:35 PM
Everytime I see Hibs winning or have won, we are in white. That combined with the rankness of the home top should be reason enough to have a season in "white".

J

IWasThere2016
19-10-2014, 12:45 PM
I agree..

NAE NOOKIE
19-10-2014, 01:02 PM
Me too ......... and I have a home top. Its obvious it was an utter mistake, it clashes with half the teams in the league and must make it difficult for the Hibs players to pick out a team mate in some games.

worcesterhibby
19-10-2014, 01:02 PM
I think the all green kit is particularly difficult for players to pick out with peripheral vision. Even on TV it tends to merge with the crowd when players are running down the wing. From the perspective of players it must be very hard to pick out players quickly. Our more normal light, fairly vibrant green with white sleeves, doesn't have this issue to anything like the same extent. However all white shirts must make it even easier.

When you think of all the "science" that goes in to football these days, you would think that the visibility of team shirts would be something that is studied.

Eyrie
19-10-2014, 07:01 PM
Everytime I see Hibs winning or have won, we are in white. That combined with the rankness of the home top should be reason enough to have a season in "white".

J

Correct on both counts.

I think the all green kit is particularly difficult for players to pick out with peripheral vision. Even on TV it tends to merge with the crowd when players are running down the wing. From the perspective of players it must be very hard to pick out players quickly. Our more normal light, fairly vibrant green with white sleeves, doesn't have this issue to anything like the same extent. However all white shirts must make it even easier.

When you think of all the "science" that goes in to football these days, you would think that the visibility of team shirts would be something that is studied.

I believe that was why Arsenal introduced the white sleeves and we copied them.

Diclonius
19-10-2014, 07:06 PM

J

http://i2.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article4254076.ece/alternates/s615/JS46253342.jpg

The Green Goblin
19-10-2014, 07:32 PM
I'll take anything that makes or seems to make a positive difference, even if it's in people's heads or is nothing more than a superstition or myth.

RIP
19-10-2014, 07:43 PM
Sportswear manufacturers have carried out research. I'll see if I can dig it out.

The very last colour a team should wear on a green pitch against dark green stands is ...er ... GREEN!!

If only our home form over recent seasons could contradict that

heretoday
19-10-2014, 07:46 PM
Are you listening, Hibernian FC? We want to play in white.

Billy Whizz
19-10-2014, 07:46 PM
Sportswear manufacturers have carried out research. I'll see if I can dig it out.

The very last colour a team should wear on a green pitch against dark green stands is ...er ... GREEN!!

We should always wear white when the floodlights are on, far easier to see a teammate

BOB MARLEYS DUG
19-10-2014, 07:58 PM
Someone PM the Hibs official account and get them telt, or we'll be boycotting :greengrin

GreenLake
20-10-2014, 10:42 AM

If we have been winning more in the white shirt I am for wearing it all the time.

However if we have to wear it, and if the green shirt is harder to see, the players should try to sneak into the penalty box more often.

Billy McKirdy
20-10-2014, 11:42 AM
Let's become the Spurs of Scotland.
The team of Turnbull's era played in a similar shade of green and they were moderately successful were they not? Albeit with white sleeves.
That said, I do really like the white kit but Hibs play in green, always have and always should.

Franck Stanton
20-10-2014, 05:24 PM
The team of Turnbull's era played in a similar shade of green and they were moderately successful were they not? Albeit with white sleeves.
That said, I do really like the white kit but Hibs play in green, always have and always should.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment that we should always wear the green, this seasons home strip is, well....dreadful. Why ditch the white sleeves? Have to admit I like the white strip better [this year]. On a side note - cant we ensure that any shirt sponsor agrees to a white motif ? The current red one spoils an already crap top however would be better if the writing was in white on the green background.

RIP
20-10-2014, 05:25 PM

Not as dark MH

And also back in the 70's the stands were grey with predominately white hoardings. Take a look at this picture (link below). The pitch is darker than this. Imagine trying to pick out a pass to a dark green shirt with same colour sleeves in a sea of jerseys against a green hoarding and stands. Think how much easier it is if the shirt is white with green shorts.

http://stadiumdb.com/pictures/stadiums/sco/easter_road/easter_road09.jpg

ManBearPig
20-10-2014, 06:06 PM
hear hear!! mon the white and green

Billy Whizz
20-10-2014, 06:07 PM

J

Lost at Tynie in August wearing white

Keith_M
20-10-2014, 06:42 PM
Maybe the OP could add a Poll to this thread.

:hmmm:

silverhibee
20-10-2014, 07:36 PM
So it's not the fans fault any more, it's the colour of top we wear to blame now.

Hermit Crab
20-10-2014, 07:42 PM
So it's not the fans fault any more, it's the colour of top we wear to blame now.

Just like manure in the mid nineties when Southampton gave them a doing and they blamed the strip!!

silverhibee
20-10-2014, 07:49 PM
Just like manure in the mid nineties when Southampton gave them a doing and they blamed the strip!!

Was it a blue one.?

Hermit Crab
20-10-2014, 07:50 PM
Was it a blue one.?

I thought it was a horrible grey one they wore?

zlatan
20-10-2014, 09:52 PM
Seen they were knocking 20% off the home kit already this week

silverhibee
20-10-2014, 11:44 PM
I thought it was a horrible grey one they wore?

Think you could be right HC, it was disgusting.

silverhibee
20-10-2014, 11:52 PM
What happens if we do wear the white strip and still get beat, what do we blame next, the confetti :greengrin

Will i be allowed in to the stadium on derby day with my bag of green and white confetti or will the stewards confiscate it, streamers as well or are they a missile weapon, :greengrin

Smoke bombs out confetti in, it's the wa ahead kids. :thumbsup:

Bristolhibby
21-10-2014, 12:52 AM
Maybe the OP could add a Poll to this thread.

:hmmm:

I would if I had any scoobie how to do so from an iPhone.

J

Keith_M
21-10-2014, 10:01 AM

Couldn't we just change the colour of the seats? Do what Fortuna Dusseldorf have and just mix and match.

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/02/6d/16/12/esprit-arena.jpg

Peevemor
21-10-2014, 10:04 AM
Couldn't we just change the colour of the seats? Do what Fortuna Dusseldorf have and just mix and match.

That's a great idea! You can go to the match and have a colour blind test at the same time.

Keith_M
21-10-2014, 10:24 AM
That's a great idea! You can go to the match and have a colour blind test at the same time.

:agree:

Bristolhibby
21-10-2014, 11:54 AM

First saw this in Euro 2004. It gives the impression of being full, even when half empty.

J

Keith_M
21-10-2014, 02:33 PM
First saw this in Euro 2004. It gives the impression of being full, even when half empty.

J

Yep, it's a great idea for our home games :wink:

Hibernia&Alba
21-10-2014, 02:42 PM
It's a nice idea behind the home shirt but I can't take to it. It's okay for one season but it doesn't look like Hibs.

Eyrie
21-10-2014, 07:28 PM
Seen they were knocking 20% off the home kit already this week

They should just knock the sleeves off.

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-10-2014, 08:23 PM
Cut the sleeves off the new first team top and then wear a long sleeved white top underneath . Sorted .