PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or...

BOB MARLEYS DUG
19-10-2014, 11:00 AM
Do we seem to play better away from home? (And no I am not blaming the fans ffs) :greengrin

Alfred E Newman
19-10-2014, 11:02 AM
:
Do we seem to play better away from home? (And no I am not blaming the fans ffs) :greengrin

you forgot to add one of these. :stirrer:

LaMotta
19-10-2014, 11:05 AM

Fans at Home:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh0UY3poy90

LaMotta
19-10-2014, 11:06 AM
Fans away from home:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rqRP_mtu5s

emerald green
19-10-2014, 11:13 AM

Hibs have certainly had some good results and performances away from home, especially against The Rangers, Ross County, and last night. Having said that we had two very poor results and performances away to Alloa & QOS.

At home, Hibs were all over Falkirk, Raith Rovers, and especially Dumbarton, but only took two points from those three home games. Something Hibs might regret at the end of the season. Lets hope not.

It's not that Hibs played particularly badly, as such, in those games. It's just that Hibs seem to have trouble finding the final ball and goal(s) to kill these teams off at ER when they come with no intention of coming out and attacking. They simply put 10 men behind the ball, with a big lump up front and hope to snatch a goal.

It then has the desired effect of frustrating everyone connected to Hibs - coaches, players and fans.

Sounds simple, but Hibs have to put the ball in the back of the net against these teams.

blackpoolhibs
19-10-2014, 11:17 AM
Fans at Home:

Thats ****in shocking.

LaMotta
19-10-2014, 11:22 AM
Thats ****in shocking.

:agree: Very strange behaviour :crazy:

Loopz
19-10-2014, 11:25 AM
Thats ****in shocking.
I think the fact our performances can evoke such actions from its own support ****ing shocking too.:cb

Bronson
19-10-2014, 11:29 AM
We're better suited to playing away from home in the system we play, but the fans are the main reason IMO. Unfortunately the ones in that video are not as much of a minority as some would like to think, I'm surrounded by folk like that when I go to games, really have to bite my tongue not to say anything to them sometimes.

greenpaper55
19-10-2014, 11:30 AM
As i said before on another post it's easier away from home as the home team is obliged to come out and have a go instead of sitting in as they do at ER.

weonlywon6-2
19-10-2014, 11:36 AM
Fans at Home:

I wouldnae play for these fans,would you ?

weonlywon6-2
19-10-2014, 11:38 AM
Having been to many away games.over the years the fans are usually really supportive and is a far better day than watching them at home.Used to be good several years ago at home but its fairly pants now.
Bring back a safe standing area and the home games could get back on track

NAE NOOKIE
19-10-2014, 11:40 AM
Erm .... in the first video Hibs were in the process of blowing a 2 - 0 aggregate lead and getting relegated. In the second we were sticking it to the Zombies at there own bit. I agree the guy in video was out of order though.

I would guess that we do better away ( on grass ) because we have more space to play .... that's why its probably a bonus that the Yams wont come to ER and play like Dumbarton or Cowdenbeath.

Ronniekirk
19-10-2014, 12:23 PM
That has been the case certainly since we changed system .But the Alloa and queen of soth results were away from home all be it on artificial pitches and before we changed system .

greenlex
19-10-2014, 12:31 PM
As i said before on another post it's easier away from home as the home team is obliged to come out and have a go instead of sitting in as they do at ER.
Pretty much this.

Long suffering
19-10-2014, 12:45 PM
Fans at Home:

ive sneaked into that video! you mustve been near me last season.those lads were disgraceful absolutely disgraceful think they got a half season ticket and some of the moronic negative bile was unreal from them even when we were going well and beat hearts at new year they were like that...

Stuarty27
19-10-2014, 01:00 PM
Is what they are saying incorrect?

Poorly put across but he is the worst player ever to captain hibs

Hibbyradge
19-10-2014, 01:14 PM
Is what they are saying incorrect?

Poorly put across but he is the worst player ever to captain hibs

I wonder why.

hibsbollah
19-10-2014, 01:26 PM
Fans at Home:

There was a guy like that behind me in the East when I had my ST with my daughter. He was a very big part of why she and I stopped attending games together.

Nutmegged
19-10-2014, 01:30 PM

You play for the club who keeps a roof over your head and food in your family's mouth, what about the thousands who do back you and want you to succeed?

green day
19-10-2014, 03:03 PM
Erm .... in the first video Hibs were in the process of blowing a 2 - 0 aggregate lead and getting relegated. In the second we were sticking it to the Zombies at there own bit.

Exactly, showing these two videos is meaningless - clearly emotions were running very high in the play off defeat and the fans reaction was - IMO - totally understandable, if a bit over the top.

I would love to see, after that season, was anyone here still relaxed and smiley when idiot McGivern gave the ball away for what (as soon as he did it) was a cert of a goal ?

If you were running a survey on hibs fans you would be removing the most exaggerated positive AND negative videos in order to get a balanced view - neither of these does that.

Too many on here happy to knock the fans - yep we have our fair share of tubes, but had the club fulfilled anything like its potential in the last 7 years we probably wouldnt have this thread.

emerald green
19-10-2014, 03:17 PM

Fans? There's just the one shouting abuse, maybe two, in that highly selective video. The crowd that day was 18,000+.

In case you didn't notice, Hibs got relegated that day and played absolutely abysmally. Please don't tar all the long suffering Hibs supporters with the same brush to try to make some point. What is it with some so-called Hibs fans that they constantly want to belittle their fellow supporters? I'm sorry but I just do not get it.

In no way am I trying to excuse this sort of stuff, but IMHO it's the exception rather than the rule. In a crowd of 18,000 people you get all sorts. Some like the bloke in the video I'm afraid. It's more or less the same at all clubs.

Viva_Palmeiras
19-10-2014, 03:54 PM
Fans at Home:

Abuse is wrong. Tensions run high when Hibs have a lot at stake - it hadn't been imment relegation for a while but poor shows at the business end of cups and the drip-drip effect has worn many a fan down in recent times in particular. For some once the straw has broken the camel/horse's back the flood gates open.

Im What could be called a numbed happy clapper. And yet I was moved to utter some words of frustration at Fenlon during his last game against Hearts that I'm not proud of - not a tirade and no sweary words but words I'd rather not have said. Not scandalous but the point is we've all likely reached the end of our tether with Hibs at some point in the last couple of seasons. I thik it's probably unfair - unless known folks are consistently abusive towards player(s) / management to the point of greatly spoiling it for others to single people out and if folks do there should be a three strikes and out equivalent or yellow card to allow folks a chance to redeem or change behaviour - problem is where do you draw the line?

silverhibee
19-10-2014, 04:14 PM
Thats ****in shocking.

Thought that was the family section.

PISTOL1875
19-10-2014, 04:20 PM
I think that our style of football is suited to playing teams who will attack us.. Hence the fact we got good results at Ross County and The Rangers.. We have a problem when teams park the bus as we don't have anyone to play the killer ball to unlock defences..

Niffy
19-10-2014, 04:48 PM
White strip next week and it'll be 3 points.

Slightly on topic.

Diclonius
19-10-2014, 04:50 PM
White strip next week and it'll be 3 points.

Slightly on topic.

We'll be in the bottle green and they will wear their Argentina strip.

Also, our home record in the league is W2 D2 L1 and our away record is W2 D0 L3. So if anything we're more solid at home.

LaMotta
19-10-2014, 05:30 PM
ive sneaked into that video! you mustve been near me last season.those lads were disgraceful absolutely disgraceful think they got a half season ticket and some of the moronic negative bile was unreal from them even when we were going well and beat hearts at new year they were like that...

I normally enjoy a Prawn Sandwich in the West , but for that game I moved into the FF. The abuse started from the first minute and lasted for as long as they were there. You deserve a medal for managing to put up with half a season of that.

anon1875
19-10-2014, 05:30 PM
Fans at Home:

People like him are everything wrong with Hibernian at the moment. He reminds me of a stereotypical unionist Rangers fan. I know it's wrong to stereotype but hey sometimes you need to say what you feel.

LaMotta
19-10-2014, 05:37 PM
Exactly, showing these two videos is meaningless - clearly emotions were running very high in the play off defeat and the fans reaction was - IMO - totally understandable, if a bit over the top.

I would love to see, after that season, was anyone here still relaxed and smiley when idiot McGivern gave the ball away for what (as soon as he did it) was a cert of a goal ?

If you were running a survey on hibs fans you would be removing the most exaggerated positive AND negative videos in order to get a balanced view - neither of these does that.

Too many on here happy to knock the fans - yep we have our fair share of tubes, but had the club fulfilled anything like its potential in the last 7 years we probably wouldnt have this thread.

:idiot:

emerald green
19-10-2014, 05:39 PM
People like him are everything wrong with Hibernian at the moment. He reminds me of a stereotypical unionist Rangers fan. I know it's wrong to stereotype but hey sometimes you need to say what you feel.

The bit in bold. How is one bloke ranting and raving in the stand "everything wrong with Hibernian at the moment"?

What exactly do you mean by that? Just asking.

cabbageandribs1875
19-10-2014, 05:41 PM
Fans? There's just the one shouting abuse, maybe two, in that highly selective video. The crowd that day was 18,000+.

In case you didn't notice, Hibs got relegated that day and played absolutely abysmally. Please don't tar all the long suffering Hibs supporters with the same brush to try to make some point. What is it with some so-called Hibs fans that they constantly want to belittle their fellow supporters? I'm sorry but I just do not get it.

In no way am I trying to excuse this sort of stuff, but IMHO it's the exception rather than the rule. In a crowd of 18,000 people you get all sorts. Some like the bloke in the video I'm afraid. It's more or less the same at all clubs.

i can think of at least a couple of posters on here that are certainly consistent in doing that :agree:

emerald green
19-10-2014, 05:47 PM
i can think of at least a couple of posters on here that are certainly consistent in doing that :agree:

Yep, it beats me cabbageandribs. Do they have some sort of agenda I sometimes ask myself.

Pretty Boy
19-10-2014, 05:52 PM
White strips.

macd123
19-10-2014, 06:14 PM
Easter Road is a nice place to play for the opposition. It's big stands but not so tight that the fans are on top of you. It's a wide pitch normally with a good surface. If you are used to dumbarton or inverness you are probably going to enjoy Easter Road.

The solution - use tactics that make the most of the pitch. Play with width and pace!

Diclonius
19-10-2014, 07:09 PM

:agree:

My only real outburst of rage was when the second goal went in but it took a massive effort not to lose it before then. Worst game ever and I include the cup final in that.

RIP
19-10-2014, 07:36 PM

This!

The worst game in recent years

Last season Liam Craig was very frustrating. Seemed to spend the whole game engaged in petty spats with refs and backing off instead of putting a foot in. When you think of Stanton's captaincy, also Rob Jones you wonder what possesses coaches to hand the armband to Craig?

LaMotta
19-10-2014, 07:40 PM
This!

The worst game in recent years

Last season Liam Craig was very frustrating. Seemed to spend the whole game engaged in petty spats with refs and backing off instead of putting a foot in. When you think of Stanton's captaincy, also Rob Jones you wonder what possesses coaches to hand the armband to Craig?

Rob Jones got plenty of abuse when he was Captain.

Nomeancity
19-10-2014, 08:01 PM
I love this thread. We should do more of if. Post more of the videos that are turning away our fans. We all know it's not been easy but I can't for the life of me think how a real fan can think that shouting bile achieves anything. If you are not happy stay away. I've not been happy so have stayed away. If that makes me a non supporter than so be it. I choose my games now instead of every week but I do think we are making VERY slow progress on and off the park. We were starting from a position of rock bottom. If you can't get behind the team then stay away. Turning up, paying your money and shouting abuse is not being a supporter. Supporter- the clue is in the name.

emerald green
20-10-2014, 12:50 PM
I love this thread. We should do more of if. Post more of the videos that are turning away our fans. We all know it's not been easy but I can't for the life of me think how a real fan can think that shouting bile achieves anything. If you are not happy stay away. I've not been happy so have stayed away. If that makes me a non supporter than so be it. I choose my games now instead of every week but I do think we are making VERY slow progress on and off the park. We were starting from a position of rock bottom. If you can't get behind the team then stay away. Turning up, paying your money and shouting abuse is not being a supporter. Supporter- the clue is in the name.

The bit in bold. How many "real fans" do you think would turn up at Easter Road if everyone who is "not happy" stayed away?

Real fans support their team through good and bad, unlike yourself. Unfortunately, there are some guys who let their anger boil over and go over the score. That's the way it has always been with football fans, at all clubs, ever since I started going to watch football matches a good number of years ago.

WestCoastHibby
20-10-2014, 01:24 PM
My sons are 19 and 17 and tho they both take a passing interest in Hibs it's just not something they are bothered about anymore. Probably because I only ever took them sporadically due to being skint for years. If I ever have grandchildren then Easter road is the last place I'd be taking a wee one. Idiots who are so sad that they have to abuse people aint the kind that I want my family sat beside.
How many others feel similar ??

Keith_M
20-10-2014, 01:41 PM
My sons are 19 and 17 and tho they both take a passing interest in Hibs it's just not something they are bothered about anymore. Probably because I only ever took them sporadically due to being skint for years. If I ever have grandchildren then Easter road is the last place I'd be taking a wee one. Idiots who are so sad that they have to abuse people aint the kind that I want my family sat beside.

As somebody else pointed out, the guy in the Video is sitting in the Family Section. Of all parts of the stadium, you should at least be able to take your Kids in there without witnessing raving Lunatics going totally crazy. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case.

I had a ST in the FF Front for a short while with my Dad and there was one guy that turned up every week with his two kids and behaved exactly like the guy in the video. This was during the Mowbray era, but it made no difference to him how well the team was actually playing.

I actually think the Stewards should be much less tolerant of foul language and agressive behaviour in the Family Section than in the rest of the ground.

emerald green
20-10-2014, 01:52 PM

I'm not condoning people effing and blinding, especially in front of young kids. They hear enough of that in the school playground as it is.

Anyway, Easter Road is no different from Ibrox, Celtic Park, Tynecastle, any ground you care to name, in this respect when things are going badly for their team(s). Believe me, I've been in amongst them and it's no different.

lord bunberry
20-10-2014, 02:08 PM

People like the guy in that video are a tiny minority of fans at the game. I find it annoying when people who no longer go to games through choice start telling people who do go how to behave. Abusing our own players isn't helpful and never has been but hibs fans are no worse than any other teams fans (Dundee Utd got booed of at half time on Saturday) some people on here would have us believe we are the worst fans in the world. I've read that we get the team we deserve on here.

silverhibee
20-10-2014, 02:26 PM
Rob Jones got plenty of abuse when he was Captain.

Don't no why, a great leader on the pitch and didn't mince his words in the changing room and was respected by the team, everything a captain should have, Craig has none.

_hucks_
20-10-2014, 02:47 PM
White strips.

Gary O'Connor?:na na:

Nomeancity
20-10-2014, 03:40 PM
People like the guy in that video are a tiny minority of fans at the game. I find it annoying when people who no longer go to games through choice start telling people who do go how to behave. Abusing our own players isn't helpful and never has been but hibs fans are no worse than any other teams fans (Dundee Utd got booed of at half time on Saturday) some people on here would have us believe we are the worst fans in the world. I've read that we get the team we deserve on here.

I disagree, at this point in time, probably because of what we have been through over the last few seasons, hibs fans are worse just now. I appreciate this is through frustration but there are just too many instances of fans just going nuts at the team. I'm no saint on the bad language front, but I just got sick of the constant bile being spouted. Ok it's still a tiny minority, but it's more than it needs to be. Any player at any level will tell you that being abused from the sidelines does not help. But of course my opinion doesn't mean anything because I don't go to every single hibs game, so please just ignore. I wonder how many hibs fans actually go to every game?

LaMotta
20-10-2014, 03:57 PM
Don't no why, a great leader on the pitch and didn't mince his words in the changing room and was respected by the team, everything a captain should have, Craig has none.

Agreed.

lord bunberry
20-10-2014, 03:58 PM
I disagree, at this point in time, probably because of what we have been through over the last few seasons, hibs fans are worse just now. I appreciate this is through frustration but there are just too many instances of fans just going nuts at the team. I'm no saint on the bad language front, but I just got sick of the constant bile being spouted. Ok it's still a tiny minority, but it's more than it needs to be. Any player at any level will tell you that being abused from the sidelines does not help. But of course my opinion doesn't mean anything because I don't go to every single hibs game, so please just ignore. I wonder how many hibs fans actually go to every game?
You said in your previous post that you had stopped going, it sounds from your next post that you still go but not as often. My criticism is off people who have stopped going but have a go at people who still go. Plenty of fans have decided they've had enough of watching hibs but still comment on about our fortunes which is fair enough. If you've stopped going then you should refrain from criticising folk who do imo.

emerald green
20-10-2014, 06:49 PM
The bit in bold. How is one bloke ranting and raving in the stand "everything wrong with Hibernian at the moment"?

What exactly do you mean by that? Just asking.

No answer was the loud reply. :I'm waiti

weonlywon6-2
20-10-2014, 07:02 PM
You play for the club who keeps a roof over your head and food in your family's mouth, what about the thousands who do back you and want you to succeed?

The quote was about the fans in the clip who were abusing the players.

Nutmegged
21-10-2014, 07:36 AM

What about the thousands at that game who weren't abusing the players?

emerald green
21-10-2014, 08:52 AM

I've misinterpreted what you said in your earlier post when I replied to it. I mistakenly thought you were referring to the Hibs supporters in general, rather than the couple of guys ranting and raving in the video. Apologies for that.

I do however maintain that the Hibs supporters, in the main, have been extremely patient, loyal, and supportive, given what they have witnessed happening to their club over the last 6/7 years.

WeeRussell
21-10-2014, 11:43 AM

Who told you that, if you are able to share?

silverhibee
21-10-2014, 05:31 PM
Who told you that, if you are able to share?

Regards Jones, a player who played in the same team as him, for Craig, i can see it for myself.

WeeRussell
22-10-2014, 11:17 AM
Regards Jones, a player who played in the same team as him, for Craig, i can see it for myself.

You can see that Craig isn't respected by his team-mates and minces his words in the changing rooms? That's some eyesight :rolleyes:

FranckSuzy
22-10-2014, 01:26 PM
You can see that Craig isn't respected by his team-mates and minces his words in the changing rooms? That's some eyesight :rolleyes:

:tee hee:

silverhibee
22-10-2014, 01:42 PM

:eyes:

Yeah i can see that on the pitch that his team mates don't respect him, and whatever he is saying in the changing room isn't rubbing of on his team mates, never anywhere near Jones as a Captain, how Craig got to keep the captains band after last season was a mistake by Stubbs, he is never a leader on the pitch.

Waxy
22-10-2014, 02:01 PM
Having been to many away games.over the years the fans are usually really supportive and is a far better day than watching them at home.Used to be good several years ago at home but its fairly pants now.
Bring back a safe standing area and the home games could get back on trackHibs have always had a lot of firsts. To be the first to have a safe standing area in Scotland would be one of the best and give ER a much better atmosphere than is current.