PDA

View Full Version : Kleton Perntreou

Diclonius
19-10-2014, 10:55 AM
Looks like he might start against Hearts if Oxley is indeed away. What's this guy like, and what on earth is his nationality? :greengrin Born in Albania but has Greek citizenship, also mentioned as English on a few websites.

we are hibs
19-10-2014, 10:57 AM
Looks like he might start against Hearts if Oxley is indeed away. What's this guy like, and what on earth is his nationality? :greengrin Born in Albania but has Greek citizenship, also mentioned as English on a few websites.

Tbh if Oxley leaves then I'd be surprised if we don't get a goalie in on an emergency loan till January.

GreenArmyyy!
19-10-2014, 10:57 AM
No idea what he is like but are we not the unluckiest team on earth, anytime something goes right for us there is always something that drags us down. Forster is going to be a huge miss next week, especially for his ariel threat upfront.

Diclonius
19-10-2014, 11:00 AM
No idea what he is like but are we not the unluckiest team on earth, anytime something goes right for us there is always something that drags us down. Forster is going to be a huge miss next week, especially for his ariel threat upfront.

:agree:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRXsjYk_jG8

Mark79
19-10-2014, 11:16 AM

Sums up loan signings for me. Play well parent team dont want them we cant afford. Play badly we suffer. Recalled we suffer.

Not a fan of loan signings at all. Especially after a certain cup final full of non trying loanees.

Kaiser1962
19-10-2014, 11:19 AM

I would be ok starting with him.

Mikey09
19-10-2014, 02:17 PM
We played there EOS side last season and he made the best penalty save I have ever seen..... Boy is a very good keeper.

Jamesie
19-10-2014, 02:23 PM
Presumably Combe could also be in contention?

Sudds_1
19-10-2014, 02:27 PM
The boy did ok pre season...................you never know.

Speedy
19-10-2014, 07:34 PM

I'd be surprised (disappointed) if he played.

He'll be bench I'd have thought.

Mibbes Aye
19-10-2014, 09:14 PM

Saw him a couple of time last season, he wasn't given much to do though. Looks confident in himself though, which is critical.

Pretty Boy
19-10-2014, 09:30 PM
If he hast to play then he has to play.

Hearts had to play an untested youngster in the 1st derby, got on with it and he had a decent game.

If it comes to it then we'll do the same, making a big fuss about it is only going to heap more pressure on the guy.

BigT-Hibeez
20-10-2014, 12:47 AM

Watched him play for the u20's few times last season, not the best goalie around.. Hearts are gonna have a load of shots on goal next weekend so a bit worrying..

Billy McKirdy
20-10-2014, 01:03 AM
He looked the part at Sheildfield Park against Berwick in July, big lad, decent distribution, wasn't really tested against the wee gers and it was only our second pre season match but seemed solid enough that day.

Diclonius
20-10-2014, 01:09 AM

I would play Perntreou over a guy who probably hasn't played regular football for a few years now.

Forza Fred
20-10-2014, 05:56 AM

We wouldn't need to consider ourselves 'unlucky' if we had signed a permanent goalie.

Other teams managed to do it, and I still think going for a loaner for such a critical position, with little back up was the wrong option.

Geo_1875
20-10-2014, 09:10 AM
Watched him play for the u20's few times last season, not the best goalie around.. Hearts are gonna have a load of shots on goal next weekend so a bit worrying..

I don't believe you.

Mibbes Aye
28-10-2014, 02:40 PM

What games did you watch him in?

Would be interesting to compare your views with other posters who attended. I saw a couple of games so happy to contribute.

Dates and times :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
28-10-2014, 04:13 PM

Turns out they aren't as good as they told us and didn't have many shots in the end so the young lad would've been fine.