PDA

View Full Version : David Gray

Kaff
19-10-2014, 12:30 AM
Captain in everything he does imo. Don't want to say anything against Liam Craig as that will devalue what I think Gray has brought to the club. Met him on Thursday at the shop thing for kids and his performances (no nonsense and hard working with important defending/attacking thrown in) just say to me he's the man to build our squad around.
Need him on a good length contract and club captain to give a show of intent. AS had to pick a captain without knowing the players but I can't see anyone complaining that he has changed his mind having assessed the squad and I think it would help pull us together tbh

Hibeesmad
19-10-2014, 12:31 AM
I agree, he is a leader and also a very good player

Centre Hawf
19-10-2014, 12:41 AM
Not wanting to jinx it seeing as we've had impressive starts from players before only for it to got to pot 6 month later. But I have to say this lad looks a class act and he's the best RB since Whittaker for me and even then he seems more defensively capable, although conceded its against lesser opposition to Whittaker.

sahib
19-10-2014, 12:53 AM
Not wanting to jinx it seeing as we've had impressive starts from players before only for it to got to pot 6 month later. But I have to say this lad looks a class act and he's the best RB since Whittaker for me and even then he seems more defensively capable, although conceded its against lesser opposition to Whittaker.

I agree looks a good signing. Was he an old regime target?

Aldo
19-10-2014, 07:46 AM
If he stays fit he starts every game for me and keeps the captains arm band.

J-C
19-10-2014, 08:35 AM
The fact that our captain courageous has been subbed twice and dropped a few times now only goes to prove he isn't captain material, Gray is one of the 1st names on the team sheet along with Stevenson who I'd make vice captain.

The Leith Dutch
19-10-2014, 08:55 AM
The fact that our captain courageous has been subbed twice and dropped a few times now only goes to prove he isn't captain material, Gray is one of the 1st names on the team sheet along with Stevenson who I'd make vice captain.

Completely agree with the above.

That said, Gray would be doing a pretty poor job if, as our only right back, he didn't nail down a place in the team ;)

Ronniekirk
19-10-2014, 09:52 AM
If he stays fit he starts every game for me and keeps the captains arm band.
It's a no Brainer Aldo .Lets hope he doesn't have a get out clause in his contract if we don't come straight back up . Ps it is indeed a small world ,nice to bump I to you at the game and see our biggest win of the season .Heres hoping the Tide is Turning :wink:

Ronniekirk
19-10-2014, 09:56 AM
I think Stubbs will be regretting not seling him in that last window but we were short of players and he thought he could maybe get more out of him but it just isn't happening for him so think he will go in January for a small fee which will help get someone else in .

emerald green
19-10-2014, 10:58 AM
Gray looks to be turning out as an excellent signing. He seems to have the right attitude and mentality too.

Lets hope he keeps clear of injuries. We've not had much luck on that front already this season with bad injuries to Farid & Jordon. Hope they are both back fit and playing again soon.

Diclonius
19-10-2014, 11:03 AM
It's a good thing we kept up those constant "Gray to Hibs" transfer rumours every window or this might not have happened. :wink:

snooky
19-10-2014, 11:05 AM
A REAL right back at long last - :woohoo:

Aldo
19-10-2014, 11:42 AM
It's a no Brainer Aldo .Lets hope he doesn't have a get out clause in his contract if we don't come straight back up . Ps it is indeed a small world ,nice to bump I to you at the game and see our biggest win of the season .Heres hoping the Tide is Turning :wink:

Couldn't agree more Ronnie. And it was indeed good to put a face to the name. Hope yur journey home was easy. Might bump into you again. ;-)

Borderhibbie76
19-10-2014, 11:47 AM
Best post ive read on here for sometime mate. ..100% agree with everything and Lewis deserves the vice captaincy too

Fergos
19-10-2014, 12:04 PM
Another good shift from DG yesterday at Livi, defended well where needed, up and down the line and his cross was our first decent one yesterday that led to Malongas goal.

Great competitor, decent in the tackle and a fine attitude to the game to boot....captain choice for sure. Good signs from Stubbys that he has an eye for a decent player.....Allen, Farid also etc....

GGTTH

thebakerboy
19-10-2014, 12:15 PM
Also Gray stepped in as captain when we got the pen and made sure Malonga didnt take it although he did grab the ball , a real captains job and done well with no fuss.

Danderhall Hibs
19-10-2014, 01:06 PM
Also Gray stepped in as captain when we got the pen and made sure Malonga didnt take it although he did grab the ball , a real captains job and done well with no fuss.

It was Cummings he dragged away wasn't it?

Ronniekirk
19-10-2014, 01:17 PM
Couldn't agree more Ronnie. And it was indeed good to put a face to the name. Hope yur journey home was easy. Might bump into you again. ;-)
Knew I should of got sat nav in new car .Ended up getting lost and kept coming back to the same random spot three times .20 minutes after leaving stadium I ended back there lol .
However I never forget a face ,so Yep if I see you will say hello :wink:

Dinkydoo
19-10-2014, 01:19 PM
Gray and Lewis must have a fair few assists to thier name this season now. Most attacks go through them and so far, its been quite successful.

hibees 7062
19-10-2014, 04:01 PM
Captain in everything he does imo. Don't want to say anything against Liam Craig as that will devalue what I think Gray has brought to the club. Met him on Thursday at the shop thing for kids and his performances (no nonsense and hard working with important defending/attacking thrown in) just say to me he's the man to build our squad around.
Need him on a good length contract and club captain to give a show of intent. AS had to pick a captain without knowing the players but I can't see anyone complaining that he has changed his mind having assessed the squad and I think it would help pull us together tbh

:agree: Him and McGeough

1van Sprou7e
20-10-2014, 02:16 PM
:agree: Him and McGeough

The fact that he's not our player might be a slight problem...

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-10-2014, 02:27 PM
A good player who is played in his natural position.

PatHead
20-10-2014, 04:05 PM
Our best right back since Whittaker by a mile.

Good leader as well.

Seveno
20-10-2014, 04:51 PM
Further confirmation that Stubbs has an eye for a player.

Billy Whizz
20-10-2014, 05:00 PM
Further confirmation that Stubbs has an eye for a player.

Think he was on butchers radar

gackohibs
20-10-2014, 05:13 PM
David Murphy mark 2? :agree::agree:

Kaff
26-10-2014, 03:29 PM
Great performance again today. IMO his crunching tackle on touchline emphasised his importance and the momentum from that was partly responsible for the way we attacked the following corner and loose balls which Malonga scored from.
Great captain

Heisenberg
26-10-2014, 03:31 PM
Proper captain.

The Tubs
26-10-2014, 03:33 PM
A far better captain than craig. He's hard but, as the incident with the ginger fellow adam somebody - who seemed to be playing in cloggs - today, he can present the club in a positive way.

gaz1875
26-10-2014, 03:35 PM
He played very well don't think he lost out to a Hertz player all game, special mention too to Lewis Stevenson never misplaced a pass all game!! :top marks

hibsbollah
26-10-2014, 03:36 PM
Best RB since Whittaker. I actually think hes a better no nonsense defender than Whitty.

PeterboroHibee
26-10-2014, 03:37 PM
Ive been absolutely delighted by Gray, and hes been one of the best signings weve made in years. What a difference it makes having a RB who can defend but is also excellent going forward.

marleyhib
26-10-2014, 03:42 PM
The only RB we've had since Whittaker, what a difference he makes, great singing.

Baader
26-10-2014, 04:17 PM
Good player who had a good game. Particularly liked his challenge by the touchline. Just what we needed to show we were up for a fight.

Pretty Boy
26-10-2014, 04:19 PM
Been a very good signing.

Does the simple things well.

Ricky Bobby
26-10-2014, 04:27 PM
He has been an excellent signing and looks every inch a captain.

Elephant Stone
26-10-2014, 06:23 PM
Good player who had a good game. Particularly liked his challenge by the touchline. Just what we needed to show we were up for a fight.

He has been an excellent signing and looks every inch a captain.

:agree:

My favourite of Stubbs' signings so far, hope he's here long term.

LaMotta
26-10-2014, 06:45 PM
Magnificent today he was everywhere. Cant believe he wasnt on the winning team.

DH1875
26-10-2014, 07:56 PM
Had a very good game today :agree:.

Seveno
26-10-2014, 08:22 PM
I thought he was outstanding today and everything you would expect from a Captain.

A good example of Stubbs having an eye for a player?

Winston Ingram
26-10-2014, 08:25 PM
Absolutely superb today. Had King in his back pocket

B.H.F.C
26-10-2014, 08:27 PM
His challenge right in front of the dugouts in the first half was outstanding. One of those really simple things but I really liked it. Showed that we are maybe, finally, starting to get a bit grit in to this team.

They ended up switching Nicholson to the right.

Wotherspiniesta
26-10-2014, 08:32 PM
Just to echo what others are saying really. Great energy, tough tackler, gets forward well, reads the game well. Another great perfomance from DG.

hibee_girl
26-10-2014, 08:34 PM
He was outstanding, I think I love him! :greengrin

There were times today when I thought he'd never reach their player but he did, with ease. Just brilliant.

Bostonhibby
26-10-2014, 08:48 PM
Yep, we have found our captain and leader on the pitch.

essexhibee
26-10-2014, 08:49 PM
Was brilliant today. Lead the team and was solid in defence....loved his big tackle also.

Wotherspiniesta
26-10-2014, 09:04 PM
Was brilliant today. Lead the team and was solid in defence....loved his big tackle also.

C'mon now, he's a footballer, not a piece of meat. :greengrin

McIntosh
27-10-2014, 12:24 PM
Yep, we have found our captain and leader on the pitch.
:top marks Spoken for truth

The Harp Awakes
27-10-2014, 12:33 PM
Had my doubts when we signed him but happy to be proved wrong. Played a blinder yesterday and has the guts and determination we've sadly lacked in recent years. The signings of Scott Allan and Dylan McGeouch have also been instrumental in turning around our fortunes. Well done Stubbs.

hughio
27-10-2014, 12:42 PM
Great performance again today. IMO his crunching tackle on touchline emphasised his importance and the momentum from that was partly responsible for the way we attacked the following corner and loose balls which Malonga scored from.
Great captain

Loved that tackle!

We have waited too long to see this sort of stuff.

I just hope he can stay injury free.

:greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
28-10-2014, 11:29 AM
The most easy to agree with thread on H.Net for some time.... a great signing :agree:

Borderhibbie76
28-10-2014, 06:50 PM
Have to say if I was Liam Craig id be knocking on Stubbsys door and offering to stand down as captain. Craig needs to concentrate on his own game and let DG lead us...