PDA

View Full Version : How do we approach the derby?

GlasgowHibee
18-10-2014, 07:22 PM
Do we go and attack Hearts and try and put them under pressure, or do we sit back and soak the pressure then try hit them on the counter?

Me personally, I feel like the both tactics have positive and negatives. I'd go with the attacking method though, nobody has tested them yet, they just breeze through every game. Let's go out and get in their faces, see how well Ozturk/Gomes can cope, let's not give them the respect other teams have been.

Sir David Gray
18-10-2014, 08:30 PM
We're at home in a derby so I would never be happy seeing Hibs being defensive against them.

Attack is the best form of defence.

We need to get at them, on tonight's showing we have a few players in midfield who are comfortable on the ball and getting forward so we need to do that next week and really put them under pressure.

All the pressure's on them next week as the league leaders and the fact that they're undefeated and they won't want to lose that record at Easter Road.

No-one outwith the club will be expecting us to win next week so we just need to go for it and see what happens.

CRAZYHIBBY
18-10-2014, 08:55 PM
I reckon if we get the first goal we will have a good chance of beating them

Big Frank
18-10-2014, 09:11 PM
very simply, EVERY player wins their individual battle.

Tactics are simple to imo... on the break fitba.

....hoswever in true ER derby fashion, we will come out, play marginally better...get frustrated when we dont score whilst on top and the cheats will nick it on the break!

mind, they come with EVERYTHING to lose.

****ing cheats.

Wighty76
18-10-2014, 09:22 PM
Show no fear and attack relentlessly till the whistle sounds.

If we find ourselves behind we must keep at them. No taking the foot off the gas cause we are a goal down.

I cannae wait.

:gwa::flag:

Squealing pig
18-10-2014, 09:26 PM
Players on top form and flares at the ready

rcarter1
18-10-2014, 09:34 PM
Players on top form and flares at the ready

:rules:

rcarter1
18-10-2014, 09:37 PM
Show no fear and attack relentlessly till the whistle sounds.

If we find ourselves behind we must keep at them. No taking the foot off the gas cause we are a goal down.

I cannae wait.

:gwa::flag:

Same applies if we are a goal up. Must be a 90+ minute performance of relentless intensity… :gwa:

NAE NOOKIE
18-10-2014, 09:39 PM
If the teams we have played at ER are anything to go by the Yams have no problem breaking down packed defences. We have to go toe to toe with them.