PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan

GGTTH07
18-10-2014, 07:09 PM
Thought he was very good tonight. Final ball lacking sometines. Work on that and he will have a great season.

Tollhouse Hibee
18-10-2014, 07:10 PM
Direct and pacy. Everything we missed last week when craig was there

Golden Bear
18-10-2014, 07:12 PM
Looks a bit fitter as well.

marinello59
18-10-2014, 07:16 PM
An absolute joy to watch him play tonight. Quite simply superb.

cabbageandribs1875
18-10-2014, 07:16 PM
he's a very good dribbler :agree:

Stuarty27
18-10-2014, 07:18 PM
Just back and I thot he was terrific to night, looked alot sharper and fitter. At times he was going past people as if they werent there.

18-10-2014, 07:18 PM
he's a very good dribbler :agree:

Should we get him a bib?

Seriously though, man of match for me tonight!

Mibbes Aye
18-10-2014, 07:19 PM
He looks like a clever player.

He's still very young.

If he can get it that he can play a quicker ball, instead of trying to beat the second or third man, then he could be the heartbeat of a great side.

cabbageandribs1875
18-10-2014, 07:23 PM
Should we get him a bib?

Maradona, Messi, johan cruyff, and the late great George Best were very good dribblers :wink: meaning....the ball can appear to be stuck to the players foot, it's not a word used very often nowadays :greengrin great ball control :agree:

snooky
18-10-2014, 07:26 PM
Should we get him a bib?

Me too.
First player in a while to show any real flair and invention.
He's a keeper (not the goalie kind though :greengrin)

hibsbollah
18-10-2014, 07:32 PM
First player since Zemmama to run past an opponent with the ball regularly. Like him a lot.

aljo7-0
18-10-2014, 07:33 PM
BBC Alba had an interview with him during half time and he said in that that he is getting fitter every week which implies he is not fully there yet and once fully there the final ball might just get there more often too. I'd almost forgotten how much I enjoy players running at the opposition.

brianmc
18-10-2014, 07:42 PM
Thought he was excellent. A couple of his runs would've got me off my seat (if I hadn't already been standing!)

Diclonius
18-10-2014, 07:49 PM
Starting to look like the player we all hoped we'd signed.

kevo1875
18-10-2014, 07:54 PM
Clever player

Bronson
18-10-2014, 07:58 PM
Boy was different gravy tonight, more of the same please:agree:

marleyhib
18-10-2014, 08:11 PM
Obviously a class player

Squealing pig
18-10-2014, 08:12 PM
Over the moon with this player . Hibs class

AlbertK86
18-10-2014, 08:32 PM
Yep my mom as well

Him and mcgeogh both great ability to go past a man

Been needing players like this for years

These hertz barstewards will be told to kick lumps out them from the off next week

SMAXXA
18-10-2014, 08:33 PM
Sorry weren't folk writing him off a few weeks ago,fickle.

bingo70
18-10-2014, 08:35 PM

Were they really writing him off or just saying he'd been a disappointment so far?

SMAXXA
18-10-2014, 08:41 PM
Were they really writing him off or just saying he'd been a disappointment so far?

Check previous threads and posts

JimBHibees
18-10-2014, 08:45 PM
An absolute joy to watch him play tonight. Quite simply superb.

Technically superb player, great signing.

CallumLaidlaw
18-10-2014, 08:50 PM
Check previous threads and posts

Yep, sure it was along the lines of "yet another run of the mill, bang average midfielder".

But yes, looking better and better. Him and Mcgeoch need to be in the team every week, as do Gray and Cummings

Golden Bear
18-10-2014, 10:09 PM
Consistency will gain respect but let's not go overboard on one excellent performance.

Ronniekirk
18-10-2014, 10:39 PM
Boy was different gravy tonight, more of the same please:agree:

Ah Bistow:wink:

Ronniekirk
18-10-2014, 10:42 PM
Consistency will gain respect but let's not go overboard on one excellent performance.

It was against one of the poorest teams I have seen in a while but if he can reproduce that form in a derby then we are in for a treat next Sunday

DH1875
19-10-2014, 01:02 AM
Just seen his BBC ALBA interview. What about them grey tights :confused::faf:

CmoantheHibs
19-10-2014, 04:54 AM

Its only fickle if its the same people that were writing him off that are now praising him.I have no idea if that is or isnt the case here.
I thought he was superb last night.His final ball does let him down at times probably due to the fact he looks for incisive passes that will split a defence which are obviously not as easy as a simple pass.When you run and go past people like he does it makes those passes a bit more likely to succeed.I like the fact he has the desire to make things happen.

GreenLake
19-10-2014, 05:05 AM
Glimpses of brilliance amongst poorly ended runs at the defense. He should be told to continue the same way until he cracks it. If he does I doubt we will be able to keep a hold of him. Best player I have seen in a Hibs shirt for a while.

Pete
19-10-2014, 05:06 AM
Its only fickle if its the same people that were writing him off that are now praising him.I have no idea if that is or isnt the case here.
I thought he was superb last night.His final ball does let him down at times probably due to the fact he looks for incisive passes that will split a defence which are obviously not as easy as a simple pass.When you run and go past people like he does it makes those passes a bit more likely to succeed.I like the fact he has the desire to make things happen.

Even though he hasn't set the heather alight here, I've said from day one that he belongs at a higher level and that you can tell how good a player is even if they aren't playing well. His touch and vision have been excellent so far.

People might disagree about the vision aspect but he's always looking for intelligent movement that sadly isn't there. These killer passes that fail would probably pay off in better teams where there is better movement and intelligent runs ahead of him.

When he's fit and firing in all cylinders then he will be our main man.

B.H.F.C
19-10-2014, 06:22 AM
Gives the ball away a fair bit but it's usually because he's trying to do something with it instead of just playing it square.

Much more like it tonight. Still miles of room for improvement. Could be a big player for us.

Hibs7
19-10-2014, 06:39 AM
Once the other players cotton on to what he is trying to do and make the runs .. His final ball will be much more productive .. All about reading the game and looking for openings

The Harp Awakes
19-10-2014, 09:20 AM
A class act and I don't think we've seen the best of Scott yet.

Borderhibbie76
19-10-2014, 12:00 PM
I hope Stubbs now realises having the likes of Allen and Stanton benched in favour of the hide n seek champ that is Liam Craig is ludicrous...a half fit Allen is better than Craig every time...will be a very important player 4us as season wares on...

R11Loaded
21-10-2014, 01:15 PM
Hope the Derby we start 4-4-2 and the midfield is the exact same as Saturday

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

jacomo
21-10-2014, 01:49 PM
I hope Stubbs now realises having the likes of Allen and Stanton benched in favour of the hide n seek champ that is Liam Craig is ludicrous...a half fit Allen is better than Craig every time...will be a very important player 4us as season wares on...

AS is still learning about this squad - he'll know all about their abilities by now, and now he is getting a better understanding of how individuals respond to match situations.

You would have thought that LC would be an asset when the team is not performing that well and new players are still being integrated into the team. He's experienced, should be able to keep the ball well, and also give us a threat at set pieces.

You would have thought all these things, but it hasn't worked out like that. I don't blame AS at all for chopping and changing tactics and personnel up to this point, but hopefully the best 11 is now showing itself.

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-10-2014, 03:21 PM
Not personally seen many folk on here saying he's a bad player over the past few weeks. Plenty folk, myself included, disappointed that he hadn't lived up to expectations yet. He was excellent on Saturday, as he was at Ibrox. If he gets consistency into his game and starts performing like that each week then he will be the best midfielder in this league, by quite some distance.

TheFamous1875
21-10-2014, 03:55 PM
He's dynamic. He's fast, tricky, and intelligent. We can play him in a diamond, behind the striker or as a deep-lying playmaker. I can't remember the last time we had someone with the potential to dominate the midfield like Allan potentially can. Was it Boozy?

Really looking forward to seeing more of Allan as the season progresses and he becomes more comfortable playing regularly and the team starts to gel (also hope we sign McGeouch anaw as he's potentially a very good box-to-box midfielder - like a young Scott Robertson :na na:)

ancient hibee
21-10-2014, 06:53 PM
Boozy of course by always making himself available to take the ball in tight situations was very instrumental in the development of Brown and Thomson and helping them become players.If Allan could achieve something like that(even as a youngster himself)he'll be worth his weight in gold.

GreenArmyyy!
22-10-2014, 05:14 PM
I genuinely think the issue with Allan (I thought this about Doyle as well) is his footballing brain is ahead of the rest of the players. He goes for the million dollar pass. Fair enough it may not be coming off for him just now but he tries things that other players wouldn't and when they do start coming off I reckon he will be by far our best player.

Jonnyboy
22-10-2014, 06:31 PM
I genuinely think the issue with Allan (I thought this about Doyle as well) is his footballing brain is ahead of the rest of the players. He goes for the million dollar pass. Fair enough it may not be coming off for him just now but he tries things that other players wouldn't and when they do start coming off I reckon he will be by far our best player.

I agree :agree: Just love the way he seems to glide over the grass and he is pacier than I thought he'd be too :agree:

Mibbes Aye
28-10-2014, 02:45 PM
Boozy of course by always making himself available to take the ball in tight situations was very instrumental in the development of Brown and Thomson and helping them become players.If Allan could achieve something like that(even as a youngster himself)he'll be worth his weight in gold.

That's the important thing and we seem to have got a lot better at that.

It's what will make us a decent ball-playing team - that energy and understanding about what's important.