PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings

hibsbollah
18-10-2014, 06:21 PM
Oxley 6

Gray 7
Hanlon 6 very little to do but some worrying marking when Livvy did attack.
Booth 6 as above. But its a makeshift back four so unfair to be too harsh.
Stevenson 8 MOTM great deliveries and fine defending all game.

Robertson 7
McGeough 7
Allan 7 if his final ball was as good as the rest of his play he'd be at the very top level.
Handling 8 Did everything well and a cool finish.

Malonga 7
Cummings 7

Subs
Heff goal.
Harris ran about 15.
Stanton ran about for 15.

Could have been more than four really. Livvy were woeful. Please leave the midfield unchanged and Mr Craig on the bench.

:flag:

judas
18-10-2014, 06:55 PM
Agreed but I thought Heffernan was world class during this appearance.

SaulGoodman
18-10-2014, 06:56 PM
People really don't like Oxley much? He had a fantastic save start of second half

hibsbollah
18-10-2014, 07:00 PM
People really don't like Oxley much? He had a fantastic save start of second half

I do like Oxley. I missed the save you mentioned, probably at the fridge. I thought he was largely a bystander with some good distribution, hence a 6.

SaulGoodman
18-10-2014, 07:10 PM
I do like Oxley. I missed the save you mentioned, probably at the fridge. I thought he was largely a bystander with some good distribution, hence a 6.

If give him a 7 then.

8 if you saw the save :wink:

Tollhouse Hibee
18-10-2014, 07:18 PM
Oxley 7. Did everything he needed to well

Gray 8. Solid as usual. Great captain
hanlon 6 some suspect moments
Booth 6. Maybe could have found his position and could play in back 3
Stevenson 8. Solid in defence. Very effective going fwd.

Handling 7. Played well. Good goal
McGeouch 7. Good passing and direct play
Robertson 8. Best game for Hibs
Allan 8. Best game for Hibs

Cummings 6 good game unlucky not to score
Malonga 5. Apart from goal missed a sitter and looks a huddie to me. Hurry back El Alugui

subs

stanton and Harris did not do much
Heff. Scored and could have had a second. Will get 15-20 for us this yr.

SMAXXA
18-10-2014, 08:04 PM
Oxley 6

Gray 7

Robertson 7
McGeough 7
Allan 7 if his final ball was as good as the rest of his play he'd be at the very top level.

Malonga 7
Cummings 7

Subs
Heff goal.
Harris ran about 15.

Could have been more than four really. Livvy were woeful. Please leave the midfield unchanged and Mr Craig on the bench.

Why doesn't a keeper get higher marks when he keeps a clean sheet regardless of his saves or lack off? He's kept the defence together that's not conceded no?

only,hibs could have a 4 nil win biggest for a long time and have 2 players marked over a 7 :faf:

Ray_
18-10-2014, 08:23 PM
Why doesn't a keeper get higher marks when he keeps a clean sheet regardless of his saves or lack off? He's kept the defence together that's not conceded no?

only,hibs could have a 4 nil win biggest for a long time and have 2 players marked over a 7 :faf:

I thought his handling was superb tonight.

Hiber-nation
18-10-2014, 08:28 PM

I thought the marks were fair enough considering the opposition, although Robertson and Allan were tops for me.

SMAXXA
18-10-2014, 08:31 PM
I thought the marks were fair enough considering the opposition, although Robertson and Allan were tops for me.

Is that the arrogant hibs supporter line.....considering the opposition :confused:. As the saying goes you can only beat the team in front of you which we havnt done too much of this season.

Hiber-nation
18-10-2014, 08:41 PM
Is that the arrogant hibs supporter line.....considering the opposition :confused:. As the saying goes you can only beat the team in front of you which we havnt done too much of this season.

First time I've been called arrogant, well done! Livi were pish, we were very good in the 2nd half. What's the problem, I'm more than happy with the performance.

SMAXXA
18-10-2014, 08:45 PM
First time I've been called arrogant, well done! Livi were pish, we were very good in the 2nd half. What's the problem, I'm more than happy with the performance.

Well get the 8's and 9's oot then ya miserable basa :wink:

Hiber-nation
18-10-2014, 08:46 PM
Well get the 8's and 9's oot then ya miserable basa :wink:

Heffernan 10...took his goal with panache :greengrin

SMAXXA
18-10-2014, 08:48 PM
Heffernan 10...took his goal with panache :greengrin

That's better, wasn't so hard was it :greengrin

J-C
18-10-2014, 11:22 PM
Not long in and watched the recording of the game.

Oxley 7

Gray 7
Hanlon 7
Booth 7
Stevenson 7

Robertson 8.5
Allan 8
McGeouch 7.5
Handling 8

Cummings 7
Malaonga 6.5

Subs had very little time to impress but delighted Heff finally scored.

I mentioned a few games ago that we had the players to play w 4-4-2 diamond, with attacking wingbacks but my only concern was not having a DM to sit in and cover, Robertson played there and looked composed and steady, maybe the way forward. It allowed our attacking mids to push on and it really works, also noticed that Robertson hardly played a sideways or backwards pass, just shows what happens when a bit of pace is injected into the midfield. Booth played well but I still wasn't convinced about him or Hanlon, thankfully Livingston were rank and against better teams we could've let in 3-4 today, defence needs more work on positioning.

snooky
18-10-2014, 11:42 PM

Oxley 7

Gray 7
Hanlon 7
Booth 7
Stevenson 7

Robertson 8.5
Allan 8
McGeouch 7.5
Handling 8

Cummings 7
Malaonga 6.5

I mentioned a few games ago that we had the players to play w 4-4-2 diamond, with attacking wingbacks but my only concern was not having a DM to sit in and cover, Robertson played there and looked composed and steady, maybe the way forward. It allowed our attacking mids to push on and it really works, also noticed that Robertson hardly played a sideways or backwards pass, just shows what happens when a bit of pace is injected into the midfield. Booth played well but I still wasn't convinced about him or Hanlon, thankfully Livingston were rank and against better teams we could've let in 3-4 today, defence needs more work on positioning.

Special mention for Booth who was drafted in at centre back and did a tidy job.

erin go bragh
18-10-2014, 11:54 PM
Ox 8 . brilliant save 2nd half

Gray 8
Hanlon 7
Booth 7
Stevenson 8

Robertson 8
Allan 8 ( motm)
Mcgeouch 8
Handling 8

Cummings 7
Malanga 7

Ggtth

J-C
19-10-2014, 08:31 AM
Special mention for Booth who was drafted in at centre back and did a tidy job.

I did mention him, I said he played well but still not convinced about the centre halfs as they looked shaky at times and against a better side we could've conceded easily but he did what he had to do last night.

AlbertK86
19-10-2014, 08:39 AM
Ox 8 . brilliant save 2nd half Gray 8 Hanlon 7 Booth 7 Stevenson 8 Robertson 8 Allan 8 ( motm) Mcgeouch 8 Handling 8 Cummings 7 Malanga 7 Ggtth

Agree with these marks other than Malonga as thought he struggled other than his goal so 6 for him from me

Hibs7
19-10-2014, 08:49 AM
I think Lewis does not get the credit he deserves .. A perfect example was his cross for the 4th goal .. Could easily have crossed a high ball.. But looked to see the options and chose a low ball for Heffernan ., his other assisted goals from crosses again were the correct cross for the player in position .. He is now playing to the potential he always had in the correct positions

blackpoolhibs
19-10-2014, 08:52 AM
Oxley 6

Gray 7

Robertson 7
McGeough 7

Malonga 7
Cummings 7

Subs
Heff goal.
Harris ran about 15.

I like Harris but thats a very generous score. :wink:

Hedlund12
19-10-2014, 09:27 AM
Not a player rating but an observation of yesterdays referee... (Greg Aikten.. I think). A lot of us a quick to criticise when they referee badly... IMO yesterday's ref had a good day at the office! Credit where credit is due.

Hibeewilly
19-10-2014, 09:33 AM

Oxley 7

Gray 7
Hanlon 7
Booth 7
Stevenson 7

Robertson 8.5
Allan 8
McGeouch 7.5
Handling 8

Cummings 7
Malaonga 6.5

I agree with these Marks -I thought the whole of the midfield was great

we are hibs
19-10-2014, 10:27 AM
Oxley 7 made a great save
Gray 8 outstanding solid performance
hanlon 7 had little to do but done well
booth 7 same as Hanlon
Stevenson 8 great performance
mcgeouch 7 well took penalty
allan 9 my MOTM. Brilliant
handling 7 played well. Took his goal well
robertson 7 played well.
cummings 8 didn't get a goal but his work rate was different class.
malonga 6 outwith his goal he was quite poor.

snooky
19-10-2014, 11:11 AM
I think Lewis does not get the credit he deserves .. A perfect example was his cross for the 4th goal .. Could easily have crossed a high ball.. But looked to see the options and chose a low ball for Heffernan ., his other assisted goals from crosses again were the correct cross for the player in position .. He is now playing to the potential he always had in the correct positions

:agree: 100%
The 4th goal 'trundle' pass - perfection! Others would have swung over an aimless high ball.
Lewis was class in everything he did yesterday.

NAE NOOKIE
19-10-2014, 11:11 AM
Oxley .... 8 .... Did everything well and a great save.

Gray .... 8 .... Consistent as usual and a good captain ( has to be made permanent ) sorted out the penalty arguments himself.

Hanlon ... 7 ... played ok but gave away a few daft free kicks.

Booth ... 8 ... Made a few good challenges and gets an extra point for doing a good job in an ( for him at Hibs ) unfamiliar role.

Stevenson ... 9 ... One of his best games this season ... just never gives up and added a wee bit quality yesterday.

McGeouch .... 8 ... played very well and if that's him not quite up to speed yet I have high hopes for him.

Allan ... 9 ... MOM .... Was everywhere and but for a few misplaced passes as good a display as I've seen from a Hibs midfielder for some time. He said in his interview on ALBA that he has a bit to find yet ... phew!

Robertson ... 8 ... His best game for ages ... there is a good player in there.

Handling ... 8 ... played well over all and took his goal very well.

Malonga ... 7 ... But for his goal it would have been a 6. Compared to his display at Ibrox a few weeks ago he looked like he wanted to be somewhere else, he lost possession and failed to control the ball more than I would expect even at this level. Cant help thinking he may be carrying an injury.

Cummings ... 8 ... If he could up his scoring rate comparisons to David Goodwillie made at half time by Scott Allan aint far wide of the mark. He didn't dive by the way .. that was a stumble trying to adjust his feet.

Subs:
Stanton .. 5 .. tried hard.
Harris .. 4 .. hardly got involved.
Heff .. 6 .. that is exactly what I expected to see when we signed him.

snooky
19-10-2014, 11:22 AM
Not a player rating but an observation of yesterdays referee... (Greg Aikten.. I think). A lot of us a quick to criticise when they referee badly... IMO yesterday's ref had a good day at the office! Credit where credit is due.

Agreed. I don't think he made one bad call in the game (although, if I removed my green glasses, I'd be 50/50 on the penalty decision.)

To his credit, given that the TV cameras were there, he kept out the limelight.
(The rest of you Specsaver reps, please take note)

Jonnyboy
19-10-2014, 11:26 AM

Yep and it was his precise pass that picked out Malonga early doors but the big fella fluffed his lines in trying to score

Hedlund12
19-10-2014, 11:33 AM
Agreed. I don't think he made one bad call in the game (although, if I removed my green glasses, I'd be 50/50 on the penalty decision.)

To his credit, given that the TV cameras were there, he kept out the limelight.
(The rest of you Specsaver reps, please take note)

Totally agee with your comments on the penalty. .I wrote on another thread that I felt JC played for a spot kick and got it. Happily take it though considering stone wallers have been turned down..