PDA

View Full Version : So, upto a Play Off spot, into 4th

California-Hibs
18-10-2014, 05:48 PM
I think a lot of people need to relax big time.

Hearts and Rangers have made fantastic starts, it has to be said. Should we have been the same? Of course we should have been.

However, although I don't feel we'll be in 1st or 2nd come the end, I'm convinced we'll be 3rd or 4th, giving us a crack at the play off. Remember, we could totally rob either Hearts or Rangers in 2nd come that time.

A good win today. Onwards and upwards. A bit of positivity could go along way!

bawheid
18-10-2014, 05:51 PM
I'm all for positivity but... There's still 30 minutes to go and it's Hibs!

CallumLaidlaw
18-10-2014, 05:54 PM

My thoughts as soon as I saw the title! Lol.

Agree with the sentiment tho.

HibbyAndy
18-10-2014, 05:54 PM

:agree:

Carheenlea
18-10-2014, 06:26 PM
Two good performances and results at Ibrox and Livvy with two draws, albeit disappointing ones, sandwiched in between, so on a reasonably decent run. Let's keep this going, especially next week. A decent platform to build on, and Hearts will almost certainly endure a sticky spell at some point.

Carheenlea
18-10-2014, 06:32 PM
Add the win at Ross County to that and things are starting to point in the right direction.

bingo70
18-10-2014, 06:37 PM
I don't think we played much better tonight than we've done in other games when we've got nothing from the game, difference tonight was we took our chances.

Hopefully this result will help us relax in front if goal a bit more. If it does and we start to put away more of our chances we'll go on a similar run to hearts and start thumping teams more often.

Dashing Bob S
18-10-2014, 06:39 PM
I don't think we played much better tonight than we've done in other games when we've got nothing from the game, difference tonight was we took our chances.

Hopefully this result will help us relax in front if goal a bit more. If it does and we start to put away more of our chances we'll go on a similar run to hearts and start thumping teams more often.

Relaxation is the key.

hibsbollah
18-10-2014, 06:42 PM

Hopefully this result will help us relax in front if goal a bit more. If it does and we start to put away more of our chances we'll go on a similar run to hearts and start thumping teams morxe often.

Disagree. We missed a few. Malonga and Allan missed easy first half chances, Cummings should have scored from a great Lewis cross second half. Could have been 7-0.Joint best performance of the season.

Big Frank
18-10-2014, 06:46 PM
Disagree. We missed a few. Malonga and Allan missed easy first half chances, Cummings should have scored from a great Lewis cross second half. Could have been 7-0.Joint best performance of the season.

Spot on hibsbollah.

ancient hibee
18-10-2014, 06:46 PM
Spreading the goals around is good.

bingo70
18-10-2014, 06:50 PM

Aye, but we took 4 of them which is different from say the falkirk game.

We were good in that game and if we only missed 2 or 3 good chances we would have won the game comfortably.

emerald green
18-10-2014, 06:55 PM
Two good performances and results at Ibrox and Livvy with two draws, albeit disappointing ones, sandwiched in between, so on a reasonably decent run. Let's keep this going, especially next week. A decent platform to build on, and Hearts will almost certainly endure a sticky spell at some point.

:agree: I'm not wanting to put a dampener on tonight's excellent result, but it's really a pity we dropped those 4 points at home to Raith & Dumbarton.

As another poster said earlier on another thread, we need to put these teams away at ER. Hopefully that will start happening soon.

rcarter1
18-10-2014, 06:56 PM
In a season that has largely flopped, its true that 3rd or 4th may yet lead to a memorable finish. As the irritation of not being involved in a title race (so far) passes, its all about gaining confidence, scoring goals, getting as high as we can, then go for glory in the play offs.

The positivity of a handsome win however helps smooth over the fact that promotion by this route would require 3 straight two leg victories…

ballengeich
18-10-2014, 06:56 PM
However, although I don't feel we'll be in 1st or 2nd come the end, I'm convinced we'll be 3rd or 4th, giving us a crack at the play off. Remember, we could totally rob either Hearts or Rangers in 2nd come that time.

I think the current top four will be top four at the end of the season - not sure about the order though. Promotion through the playoffs, thwarting one of the two you mention would be sweet.

hibsbollah
18-10-2014, 06:57 PM
Aye, but we took 4 of them which is different from say the falkirk game.

We were good in that game and if we only missed 2 or 3 good chances we would have won the game comfortably.

I was there at the Falkirk game, and we were all over them for 30 mins and then crumpled when we lost the goal and were crap for the remaining hour.

bingo70
18-10-2014, 07:04 PM
I was there at the Falkirk game, and we were all over them for 30 mins and then crumpled when we lost the goal and were crap for the remaining hour.

Not my memory of the game but I can barely remember my name never mind a football game that happened months ago so you might be right.

hibsbollah
18-10-2014, 07:05 PM
Not my memory of the game but I can barely remember my name never mind a football game that happened months ago so you might be right.

:hilarious

marleyhib
18-10-2014, 08:32 PM
Home form is our problem and has been for ages, thought we strolled it tonight against a poor team that offered nothing. Think Handling makes a difference, Scott Allan and McGough are our 2 best midfielders by far. Robertson did well holding, Craig shouldn't get a game.

Onwards and upwards hopefully a major confidence boost. Plenty games left.

Diclonius
18-10-2014, 08:37 PM
We're surprisingly not far behind Rangers.

If they stutter and we keep winning, we could dump them down to 3rd. THAT would be funny.

Onion
18-10-2014, 08:55 PM
All about steady improvement for Hibs over the course of the season.

IMO, the NewHuns will still pip the Yams to the title. So, as long as we're in the PO mix, don't care how many points the Yams might or might not be ahead of us. All the pressure will be on them :wink:

Jonnyboy
18-10-2014, 09:14 PM
5 games undefeated but that might too positive a spin for some :wink:

California-Hibs
18-10-2014, 09:34 PM

Watching it today, regardless of the 30 minutes being left I just knew we were winning it. Regardless of our previous tales ;)

Kaff
18-10-2014, 09:37 PM
I'm confident Stubbs is taking us in the right direction and the one thing I'm hoping is the Hearts intensive training regime taking an edge off them when we enter the last weeks of the season, whatever we think of Stubbs' experience he will have been surrounded by top class sports science at Everton and his approach to training may take a little longer to kick in physically (Scott Allan?) but it will hopefully see us finishing the season in good shape.
All wishful thinking as Hearts never run out of steam while pushing for league glory of course!

SMAXXA
18-10-2014, 09:53 PM
By most peoples reconing we were always going to play second fiddle to the both Huns so are we that far away from where folk actually expected? Once we turn them over next week we will have beat both and we are still right in the mix.

i might be wrong but nothing gets handed out on October, let's see where we are in April, I expect playoffs to be honest with the Huns out in front.

weonlywon6-2
18-10-2014, 10:03 PM
If rangers get this cash injection then they will.spend in january to win the league

DH1875
19-10-2014, 12:58 AM
If rangers get this cash injection then they will.spend in january to win the league

Thats a BIG IF though :wink:.

Phil D. Rolls
19-10-2014, 09:59 AM
5 games undefeated but that might too positive a spin for some :wink:

Theyll be relieved to note we had a few clean sheets though.

Diclonius
19-10-2014, 10:19 AM
Rangers won't get any cash this season, their only help will be potential fixing of promotion from the SFA/Celtic.

I still believe they're suffering from a inferiority complex re playing the "big" teams and that we have a good chance of beating them in a playoff. I'd rather face Rangers than Hearts.

horseflesh
19-10-2014, 11:55 AM
Rangers will win this league by at least 15 points, depth of squad will see to that if referees don't!
Hibs will meet hearts in a play off. Biggest Derby match in history?

Nutmegged
19-10-2014, 12:36 PM
Looking for any kind of positive to tip the favour but Hearts or Rangers will finish second, depending on the distance between 1st and 2nd then 2nd place could be just coasting along for the final couple of months of the Season knowing they'll finish 2nd, where as the teams in 4th and possinly 3rd will have to be on their game in the final weeks of the Season to secure their Play-Off spot, the inevitable drop in intensity for the team in 2nd place could be costly against a team who probably would have to have been on a good run to qualify for the Play-Off's

Dashing Bob S
19-10-2014, 12:43 PM
Always said that Rangers will win the League, we'll defeat Hearts (whom we'll be about twenty points behind) over two legs, then, as we celebrate euphorically, be humped by St Mirren or whoever and spend another season in the Championship with Yams.