PDA

View Full Version : Flares

Pages : [1] 2

harvthehibee
18-10-2014, 04:59 PM
Flares against Livingston? It''s getting cringeworthy now.

Oscar T Grouch
18-10-2014, 05:02 PM
Mates a livi season ticket holder, says he's having more fun watching all the Hibs fans being ejected than watching the football.

hibee_girl
18-10-2014, 05:04 PM
Young boy supposedly carried out injured/unwell, suddenly the flares aren't so fun!

weonlywon6-2
18-10-2014, 05:05 PM
We need to get this sorted cause its going to cost hibs in the pocket,never mind someone getting injured

Pretty Boy
18-10-2014, 05:06 PM
I keep hearing it's not just daft wee laddies but every time the camera focuses on that part of the crowd it looks like at least 90% have never had to have a shave.

SaulGoodman
18-10-2014, 05:06 PM
Young boy supposedly carried out injured/unwell, suddenly the flares aren't so fun!

Nonsense, they're harmless, you just hate a good atmosphere etc etc

hibee_girl
18-10-2014, 05:07 PM

Of course, I forgot!

Diclonius
18-10-2014, 05:10 PM
Hope they're proud of themselves. Will they listen now?

Pretty Boy
18-10-2014, 05:11 PM
Hope they're proud of themselves. Will they listen now?

They'll get bored of it when they get their willies wet for the 1st time.

How long that will take if they think setting off smoke bombs at the football is cool is another matter of course.

Bostonhibby
18-10-2014, 05:11 PM
Erses, get them identified, prosecuted and banned.

God Petrie
18-10-2014, 05:14 PM
It might be wise to get a more reliable source than a single tweet from a Livingston fan claiming some kid was injured due to pyro before sharpening your pitchforks.

harvthehibee
18-10-2014, 05:17 PM
Only way this will stop is when people get lifted IMO. Which is a shame because it turns the stewards/ police hostile to people and creates more problems. All for creating more of an atmosphere, particularly at home games, but flares will do nowt except get us a fine. Hope the wee guy is ok!

KinchHibee
18-10-2014, 05:23 PM
It might be wise to get a more reliable source than a single tweet from a Livingston fan claiming some kid was injured due to pyro before sharpening your pitchforks.

Being at the front of the section where all this is happening, I can confirm a young boy indeed was hurt and eventually was carried away by a member of the police.

Arguments and ejections aplenty since then.

Chuck Rhoades
18-10-2014, 05:27 PM
Hopefully people see through the usual 'its the drummer and his pals'. Stupid wee idiots and we've distanced ourselves to the other side of the stand. No wonder Hibs didn't let us near the usual section last week. Stupid ****ing idiots.

Hedlund12
18-10-2014, 05:27 PM

If they are that harmless then try explaining that to the parents of the you boy who was just carried out the ground injured.

Bristolhibby
18-10-2014, 05:28 PM
Flares are best left of Italians and Poles. Looks pure shife at Almondvale.

What's next, nicking flags and hanging them upside down while wearing balaclavas and posting the pictures on "hooligan" websites.

Cringe.

I'm all for singing and jumping about, but the smoke/flares has got to stop.

J

18-10-2014, 05:28 PM
Absolute ****ing idiots in the crowd tonight! That guy that got carried out struggling - what a ****ing ********. Aye give it the big hard man act when your being held by 3 police officers, what a ****ing pathetic cringeworthy ********.

Hope the wee laddie that got carried out is ok. Ducking embarrassing from some "fans" tonight. Don't come back you ****ing morons! Think they are the big hard man - utterly embarrassing and pathetic! Get yourselves to **** the lot of yous!

Hedlund12
18-10-2014, 05:29 PM

I am a hibs fan at the game and witnessed the young lad in tears being carried out.

rabcp1
no idea what's all gone on as never got into the ground till 30 mins into the game as livi had a whole 1 cash gate open but seems as if the police are searching and taking the details off near enough every young laddie at ht...

BoomtownHibees

There's plenty here that will verify it, including me. Hope the wee boy is ok

LaMotta
18-10-2014, 05:30 PM

Sitting next to the radio and press guys the talk there is smoke inhalation was why the boy was carried out. He really didny look well.

Capt Mainwaring
18-10-2014, 05:32 PM

The young lad was carried away in the arms of a Steward crying. Visibly upset. The loud firework that went off would have damaged anyone's ear drums in close proximity
Good atmosphere right enough!!

Hedlund12
18-10-2014, 05:32 PM
Hopefully people see through the usual 'its the drummer and his pals'. Stupid wee idiots and we've distanced ourselves to the other side of the stand. No wonder Hibs didn't let us near the usual section last week. Stupid ****ing idiots.

BR that was noted by my 10 year old son.... good on you guys. Im sure others will take notice too that you guys distanced yourselves from the young ****s

Pretty Boy
18-10-2014, 05:34 PM

Best thing you can do as these wee fandans are going to get pelters now they have finally managed to injure someone.

CMac1988
18-10-2014, 05:35 PM
MehHFC was being sarcastic hence the etc etc.

Young lad was taken out after the flare and looked a pretty sickly, Hope he's alright. Another few kids look a bit taken back after the firework/cherrybomb went off. Caused a lot of infighting amongst the support.

Dashing Bob S
18-10-2014, 05:39 PM
These flares and drums are disgusting. Time for a return to old school values when our pubs, streets and terraces were battlegrounds for feral youths who cared nothing for the game and were only intent on inflicting maximum damage on each other, and anybody else who got in the way.

I miss those days so much.

SaulGoodman
18-10-2014, 05:49 PM
The young lad was carried away in the arms of a Steward crying. Visibly upset. The loud firework that went off would have damaged anyone's ear drums in close proximity
Good atmosphere right enough!!

I was being sarcastic.

Kyle A
18-10-2014, 05:54 PM
The smoke totally ruined ma prawn sandwiches. Its a worse problem than people standing. Sort it oot Hibs!!

SunshineOnLeith
18-10-2014, 05:56 PM
I keep hearing it's not just daft wee laddies but every time the camera focuses on that part of the crowd it looks like at least 90% have never had to have a shave.

It was the same at Alloa, basically a ruck of drunk 14 and 15 year olds swaying about/falling over. Then shortly before kickoff a scattering of older guys joined and stood at the fringes of the group with their arms crossed while the young ones kept trying to act up to impress them.

Does seem they've got progressively more obnoxious in recent weeks, though.

khib70
18-10-2014, 05:58 PM
The smoke totally ruined ma prawn sandwiches. Its a worse problem than people standing. Sort it oot Hibs!!

Aye, very funny. Aren't you the big Ultra man? If you're defending these juvenile saddos you're as bad as they are. Do one:rolleyes:

Pretty Boy
18-10-2014, 05:58 PM
It was the same at Alloa, basically a ruck of drunk 14 and 15 year olds swaying about/falling over. Then shortly before kickoff a scattering of older guys joined and stood at the fringes of the group with their arms crossed while the young ones kept trying to act up to impress them.

Does seem they've got progressively more obnoxious in recent weeks, though.

Yep I was just behind them at Alloa.

There's one particularly obnoxious tube with long curly hair who seems to spend more time eyeballing other fans than he does watching the game.

Kyle A
18-10-2014, 06:00 PM
Aye, very funny. Aren't you the big Ultra man? If you're defending these juvenile saddos you're as bad as they are. Do one:rolleyes:

I was being serious. I just opened them as well. Missed a goal cos the guy in front won't sit down. Why can't we sit and watch a game in peace.

khib70
18-10-2014, 06:06 PM
I was being serious. I just opened them as well. Missed a goal cos the guy in front won't sit down. Why can't we sit and watch a game in peace.
Hilarious. Someone's been carried out of that game with smoke inhalation and you can still crack a joke. What a card you are. Only pre pubescent bellends who act like ********s are "proper" football supporters. Away back to your YouTube Ultra videos and giive us peace.:bye:

Bristolhibby
18-10-2014, 06:08 PM
Flares went out of fashion in the 70's.

J

SaulGoodman
18-10-2014, 06:10 PM

I'm not going to risk getting launched by telling you what I think of you and your jokes.

SunshineOnLeith
18-10-2014, 06:11 PM

There's one particularly obnoxious tube with long curly hair who seems to spend more time eyeballing other fans than he does watching the game.

Thing is, I remember when I was 16/17 I was probably a bit tube-ish but we never got kicked out, or caused the police/stewards to surround us, or ruined everyone else's matchday experience.

Kyle A
18-10-2014, 06:13 PM
Hilarious. Someone's been carried out of that game with smoke inhalation and you can still crack a joke. What a card you are. Only pre pubescent bellends who act like ********s are "proper" football supporters. Away back to your YouTube Ultra videos and giive us peace.:bye:

I never defended anyones actions or consider myself an "ultra". I'll leave that stuff to the kids as I'm a bit too old for it. Prawn sandwich jokes are as old as the hills but if they offend you then I'm sorry that you seem so uptight.

God Petrie
18-10-2014, 06:13 PM
I think the phrase "matchday experience" should be banned.

1950's hibbie
18-10-2014, 06:16 PM
I hope it is just a touch of smoke inhalation bad as that is, and nothing to do with that loud bang, fireworks can cause some bad injuries.

dp00
18-10-2014, 06:17 PM
Did I here them say there keeping the fans in at full time ?

Peevemor
18-10-2014, 06:18 PM
Did I here them say there keeping the fans in at full time ?

Not everyone - only one section.

Kyle A
18-10-2014, 06:21 PM
Lets be honest. The smoke in the toilets is worse for your health than the smoke in the stands. :devil:

dp00
18-10-2014, 06:21 PM
Not everyone - only one section.

Good, need to find the folk doing it and imagine it's easier at a ground like livi

silverhibee
18-10-2014, 06:24 PM
A bit kettling going on.

ancient hibee
18-10-2014, 06:29 PM
Lets be honest. The smoke in the toilets is worse for your health than the smoke in the stands. :devil:

I'm always a bit dubious about people who linger in lavatories.:greengrin

Thecat23
18-10-2014, 06:33 PM
Anyone who thinks these are "good for the atmosphere" are either 14 year old virgins showing off or washed up old men who think they are hard in front of wee laddies.

Embarrassing it really is! Hope one goes of in their pocket one week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ancient hibee
18-10-2014, 06:39 PM
Anyone who thinks these are "good for the atmosphere" are either 14 year old virgins showing off or washed up old men who think they are hard in front of wee laddies.

Embarrassing it really is! Hope one goes of in their pocket one week.

If one does I suspect it'll be the only thing that goes off near a pocket.

Thecat23
18-10-2014, 06:40 PM
If one does I suspect it'll be the only thing that goes off near a pocket.

😁

Dashing Bob S
18-10-2014, 06:41 PM

That would be me.

Well, back in the eighties.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-10-2014, 06:42 PM
All the wee laddies in their tracksuit tops etc who think their casuals are embarrassing, IMO.

18-10-2014, 06:43 PM
Too many wee boys that suddenly think they are big hard men after a drink. Absolutely embarrassing! That ****ing arse hole that was bundled out and thought he was a hard guy whilst surrounded by police - Jesus Christ I'm still cringing!!!

The flares are pathetic and was only a matter of time before someone got hurt by them. The wee laddie looked really shaken. And a lot of young kids near by looked pretty frightened.

Embarrassing from some people tonight

Kyle A
18-10-2014, 06:44 PM
All the wee laddies in their tracksuit tops etc who think their casuals are embarrassing, IMO.

I would rather have them throwing flares in the stands pretending to be casuals than having real casuals throwing punches in the stands.

LancashireHibby
18-10-2014, 06:45 PM
No doubt they'll be even more attention from the stewards and police around S43 next week. Hope they do it with a lot tact than last week's shambles. Ended up buying tickets for the West for next week mind as I know it'll be a circus around S43/44.

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-10-2014, 06:45 PM
About 4 pubes between them all
Hopefully once they discover masturbation it will take their minds off fireworks and pyro

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-10-2014, 06:46 PM
I would rather have them throwing flares pretending to be casuals than having real casuals throwing punches in the stands.

I'd rather have neither.

Kyle A
18-10-2014, 06:48 PM
I'd rather have neither.

Can't argue with that

ancient hibee
18-10-2014, 06:49 PM
Can't argue with that

You're not trying hard enough.

Hibby70
18-10-2014, 06:50 PM
I had the misfortune of encountering them on the Waverley steps this afternoon. Bunch of wee twats singing IRA chants. Feel sorry for anyone caught up in their "antics"

Big Frank
18-10-2014, 06:55 PM
Absolute ****ing idiots in the crowd tonight! That guy that got carried out struggling - what a ****ing ********. Aye give it the big hard man act when your being held by 3 police officers, what a ****ing pathetic cringeworthy ********.

Hope the wee laddie that got carried out is ok. Ducking embarrassing from some "fans" tonight. Don't come back you ****ing morons! Think they are the big hard man - utterly embarrassing and pathetic! Get yourselves to **** the lot of yous!

...so what you saying :confused:

pontius pilate
18-10-2014, 06:57 PM
Im glad the club is taking a stance about pyro of any type. The young guys and the elder idiots should really know better by now. Its not cool and its not clever. I stated elsewhere I know guys who go to the home games as that is there only social interaction because of mental health issues and some have stopoed going because of tnhe increase in pyro at games these days it really is a sin that there social life has taken a hit

staunchhibby
18-10-2014, 06:57 PM
Bunch of thoughtless morons we don't need any of you lot

Chuck Rhoades
18-10-2014, 07:03 PM
Can people no read...

judas
18-10-2014, 07:04 PM

I just don't see your problem. Ok so the support look like a bunch of c0cks at a 70's music convention, but its the result that counts. I mean some folk wear brutal trackies and see those manager jackets, they get on my wick, but as long as we are winning flares are fine by me.

Biggie
18-10-2014, 07:06 PM
:singing:section M are ****ers, section M are ****ers:singing:....brilliant...and your not going home, your not going home !......divided support tonight as the majority of the crowd was sick of these bams.

staunchhibby
18-10-2014, 07:06 PM
Give. The drummer and his crew they distanced themselves from the rest of morons in m section.well done boys :thumbsup:

Jay
18-10-2014, 07:08 PM
They walked down from Livi south train station, followed by police and let off some smoke bombs on the way therefor the police knew they had them. My pregnant niece phoned me in a right state saying one had landed right beside her at Bankton They should have been stopped before they even got to the stadium.
I was supposed to be sitting right beside them but when I realised the drummer was there I knew idiots would be around and having had breathing issues this week I wasn't going to risk sitting there. Apologies to the drummer and singers, I know your not involved, we saw you move but it's about time we as a support turned on these kids like many did today and let them know they are not welcome. It's an embarrassment
I still had minor issues when the smoke was around but if I hadn't moved I am sure I would have needed help from the paramedics. It was really upsetting watching that young laddie being carried out. After the loud bang (whatever that was) another young lad was down at the stewards complaining he either couldn't hear or had ear pain.

cabbageandribs1875
18-10-2014, 07:12 PM
there's going to be some serious trouble in the near future between the 'normal' fans and the stupid eejits that are letting off they smoke bombs/flares/fire crackers whatever :agree: the message just doesn't appear to be getting through

Canongatehibs
18-10-2014, 07:32 PM

Nah. Millwall ripping up stadiums (Luton) or England fans tearing up town centres is cringe worthy stuff.

Canongatehibs
18-10-2014, 07:33 PM
We need to get this sorted cause its going to cost hibs in the pocket,never mind someone getting injured

as long as it hits Farmer/Petrie or Forsyth then that's fine.

cabbageandribs1875
18-10-2014, 07:36 PM

what has STF done to you ? :confused:

Canongatehibs
18-10-2014, 07:37 PM
These flares and drums are disgusting. Time for a return to old school values when our pubs, streets and terraces were battlegrounds for feral youths who cared nothing for the game and were only intent on inflicting maximum damage on each other, and anybody else who got in the way.

How about some glue sniffing next week?

Canongatehibs
18-10-2014, 07:38 PM

erm, ruined our club??

SaulGoodman
18-10-2014, 07:41 PM
erm, ruined our club??

At least we're still here.

Capt Mainwaring
18-10-2014, 07:41 PM
I was being sarcastic.

I apologise. I typed the response during half time at Livi - didn't have the chance to examine the pathetic from the sarcastic on here!

The efforts of Section M were not a joy to watch tonight and the Hibs fans either side of them made their feelings known. Love the drum, the noise the creation of atmosphere but the Flares, smoke bombs and fire crackers need to stop. It's no big and it's no funny!

sauzee1966
18-10-2014, 07:42 PM
My 7yr old son's first game. ...we were close to these brain dead bunch and no issues with atmosphere but my son was worried and asked to leave. Now there was a young watchy carried away. ...In tears and visibly not well. Some of the guys in section m were not young. .....Some late 20s or so. ..Some very young. So do we allow a few to stop the hibs fans of the future from being interested. On another point. ...They should be lifted. ...In court on Monday. ...then given a football banning order. Total idiots the lot of them

Just Alf
18-10-2014, 07:43 PM

I'm guessing you've not worked it all through then? :dunno:

Just Alf
18-10-2014, 07:44 PM

Saved Hibs?

emerald green
18-10-2014, 07:45 PM
I'm not condoning flares at all, but to be honest this sort of stuff really is pretty tame compared to what used to go on at football matches in the past, both in and around stadiums.

Just read the thread about the 1979 Scottish Cup Final. It was like a war zone after that game with loads of people attacked and assaulted on both sides.

Fans inside grounds so drunk they could hardly stand. Bottles and cans (some full of p***) flying through the air.

sauzee1966
18-10-2014, 07:52 PM
It's 2014. ....I wouldn't go back to those days. ...and all it will do is damage the club

DaveF
18-10-2014, 07:57 PM
Nah. Millwall ripping up stadiums (Luton) or England fans tearing up town centres is cringe worthy stuff.

Nah, your smoke bombs are cringe worthy. No matter how much you might want scottish fitba' to be like Turkey or Greece it ain't and never will be.

Why don't you work in tandem with Ross the drummer boy and generate a positive atmosphere, rather than suffocating us with your crap?

oconnors_strip
18-10-2014, 08:05 PM
I was give an ambulant disabled ticket in amongst this lot, luckily I had the sense to move seats just before kick off because if I hadn't either my dad would have taken ill or that bang could have brought on a seizure.

Also did any of that lot think what effect it has to the players? Getting distracted to make sure their fans are ok!

Nakedmanoncrack
18-10-2014, 08:06 PM
I'm not condoning flares at all, but to be honest this sort of stuff really is pretty tame compared to what used to go on at football matches in the past, both in and around stadiums.

Just read the thread about the 1979 Scottish Cup Final. It was like a war zone after that game with loads of people attacked and assaulted on both sides.

Fans inside grounds so drunk they could hardly stand. Bottles and cans (some full of p***) flying through the air.

Spot on, what's really cringe worthy is all the people who's generations got up to so much worse, getting their knickers in a twist over something relatively harmless.

Sir David Gray
18-10-2014, 08:06 PM
This sort of stuff really needs to stop right now before someone gets seriously injured.

I completely support the efforts of anyone who tries to bring a bit of colour and atmosphere to games. However this doesn't help in the slightest and only causes problems within our own support.

If things continue, I also wouldn't be surprised if we ended up being punished by the SFA.

These idiots need to either grow up or stay away.

hibs4life
18-10-2014, 08:15 PM

The erses in 'those days' do seem much worse than today's erses but the flare launchers (you are confusedly and erroneously including the drummer with these erses) are starting to splinter the support with their ill-judged pyrotechnics. They also seem more interested in their day out than the team or their club.
Your flippancy on this subject is contrary to the palpable anger and frustration that was in evidence at this evening's game with this minority.
I'm a big fan of the drummer, the original Section 43 ethos and the atmosphere that all helps create but these wannabes and their flares just need to give it a rest.

InchHibby
18-10-2014, 08:16 PM

I was in section K sitting on the aisle right next to the bother in section L. The average age was about fourteen and the average age of intelligence was about eight. Two smoke flares let off and then a third which also exploded with fans rushing from the middle of it. One little lad about twelve fell out, couldn't see, couldn't stand, fell into a chair being steadied by two policemen and saying he had lost his hearing. The idiots still did not take heed of what had just happened with dozens of fans moving from the area. Then in the second half they let another flare off. I say get shot of these idiots, the quicker the better. The only good thing was they cordoned of the whole of section L and kept them in after the math was finished.

Hiber-nation
18-10-2014, 08:16 PM
Spot on, what's really cringe worthy is all the people who's generations got up to so much worse, getting their knickers in a twist over something relatively harmless.

I know what you mean but things have completely changed since then. While ducking bottles getting launched at random and avoding hun/sellik nutters going slashing folk while listening to non-stop sectarian guff while it all went on was part and parcel of going to a match, it wasn't exactly fun.

Daft wee bams are always going to get up to nonsense like this but it's only going to stop folk going to games and that's the last thing we need just now.

I'm_cabbaged
18-10-2014, 08:29 PM
Is the laddie that got taken away ok?

Stantons Angel
18-10-2014, 08:34 PM
I really dont like to but I TOLD YOU SO!!!

I was sitting opposite the Hibs stand today and watched these wee thugs let off three smoke bombs and saw the wee lad getting carried out by the stewards and police.

Its got to the point were this behavior is totally out of order and is downright embarrassing not just for the club but for us supporters!

Time after time on here these wee neds have been warned of the consequences of what can happen letting off these smoke bombs and to compound that with a bloody firework is sheer madness. There was nothing smart or funny about doing stupid things like this and what for???

Even earlier in the day in the Livi centre a crowd of them came marching through in black zip jackets and hoods up making grunting noises at everyone, followed by load of police who ushered them out.

What do they think they are doing? its not smart or cool they are just making a fool of themselves and us as Hibs supporters. Its about time the Hibs supporters around them started to pull them out and hand them to the police to be dealt with.

This WILL cost the club dearly and for what? i can honestly say that not one of them was over the age of 14/15 yrs old!! followed by a lot of wee yins wanting to be like them!!

This must stop before something really bad happens. I just hope that the mother and father of that boy who was injured asks why he was in that crowd and what for!!

Its hard for the club to stop this, so we have to help them get rid of these wee thugs!!!

Chuck Rhoades
18-10-2014, 08:44 PM

I was sitting opposite the Hibs stand today and watched these wee thugs let off three smoke bombs and saw the wee lad getting carried out by the stewards and police.

Its got to the point were this behavior is totally out of order and is downright embarrassing not just for the club but for us supporters!

Time after time on here these wee neds have been warned of the consequences of what can happen letting off these smoke bombs and to compound that with a bloody firework is sheer madness. There was nothing smart or funny about doing stupid things like this and what for???

Even earlier in the day in the Livi centre a crowd of them came marching through in black zip jackets and hoods up making grunting noises at everyone, followed by load of police who ushered them out.

What do they think they are doing? its not smart or cool they are just making a fool of themselves and us as Hibs supporters. Its about time the Hibs supporters around them started to pull them out and hand them to the police to be dealt with.

This WILL cost the club dearly and for what? i can honestly say that not one of them was over the age of 14/15 yrs old!! followed by a lot of wee yins wanting to be like them!!

This must stop before something really bad happens. I just hope that the mother and father of that boy who was injured asks why he was in that crowd and what for!!

Its hard for the club to stop this, so we have to help them get rid of these wee thugs!!!

Angel, i suggest you read the other posts.

Jonnyboy
18-10-2014, 08:49 PM

I saw the lad (looked about ten years old) being carried out by a steward.

Jonnyboy
18-10-2014, 08:51 PM

Saw you guys bailing out Ross and I applaud you all for doing so as you've wrongly been labelled as guilty in the past

Chuck Rhoades
18-10-2014, 08:58 PM
Saw you guys bailing out Ross and I applaud you all for doing so as you've wrongly been labelled as guilty in the past

Appreciated Jonny. We all went to the right hand side and enjoyed ourselves with plenty of other hibees that left that area.

Don't fancy losing my job and a lot more over some smoke.

Two boys had a go at me, different sections, telling us to get to ****. I explained we were trying to get away from the infants and hopefully people noticed that.

We are the hibs.

Jonnyboy
18-10-2014, 09:00 PM
Appreciated Jonny. We all went to the right hand side and enjoyed ourselves with plenty of other hibees that left that area.

Two boys had a go at me, different sections, telling us to get to ****. I explained we were trying to get away from the infants and hopefully people noticed that.

We are the hibs.

Glad you enjoyed it after you escaped :aok: :greengrin

Can't believe some folk are trivialising this TBH

Jay
18-10-2014, 09:02 PM

We are the hibs.

Ross, you all went up in my estimation when you moved, taking a stand against these idiots is what's needed. They obviously think it's cool to be around your crowd, letting them know your not interested was a great move.

Hibeesmad
18-10-2014, 09:04 PM
Without trying to cause another argument, everyone needs to calm down and focus on the actual fact that we won 4-0 today. No matter what you moan about the people doing it won't stop, the police will sort them out and in time they won't want to do it when they are getting fines and bans which they need to take home to their parents

Gus Fring
18-10-2014, 09:04 PM
What was the loud bang?

Chuck Rhoades
18-10-2014, 09:08 PM
Ross, you all went up in my estimation when you moved, taking a stand against these idiots is what's needed. They obviously think it's cool to be around your crowd, letting them know your not interested was a great move.

We're no angels, but we've a lot to lose. Jobs, houses, families.

We aren't allowed back in 43 as it stands. Hopefully Hibs will get their act together and let us do what we do best.

Jonnyboy
18-10-2014, 09:12 PM

We aren't allowed back in 43 as it stands. Hopefully Hibs will get their act together and let us do what we do best.

Unbelievable that the guys who generate the atmosphere have been excluded from S43 while the cretins who set off flares take up occupation :bitchy:

ronaldo7
18-10-2014, 09:15 PM

We are the hibs.

Well done mate. Hopefully we can keep the drum going into the stadium and the atmosphere can be improved upon.:wink:

HNA2
18-10-2014, 09:22 PM

I wasn't aware of that. Doesn't make sense to me. Sect 43 might not be my cup of tea to sit in but the place would be like a morgue without it now. Sad that silly wee laddies who think they are billy big times have spoiled that.

Peevemor
18-10-2014, 09:45 PM
The difference between the "old days" and now is all seated stadia. When standing on terracing it was easy enough to distance yourself from bams if you wanted to (or jump in beside them if you so wished). This is more complicated to do now.

As for the element of danger, can you imagine what might have happened had the East been all seated at the time of the Celtic CS gas incident?

Times have changed and people should show more respect/consideration to their fellow supporters.

Chibs
18-10-2014, 10:20 PM
I was give an ambulant disabled ticket in amongst this lot, luckily I had the sense to move seats just before kick off because if I hadn't either my dad would have taken ill or that bang could have brought on a seizure.

Also did any of that lot think what effect it has to the players? Getting distracted to make sure their fans are ok!

This may be a whoosh moment for me but it that post for real?

oconnors_strip
18-10-2014, 10:35 PM
This may be a whoosh moment for me but it that post for real?

No it's not. Maybe I'm over reacting in some peoples eyes but getting stressed can bring on epileptic seizures.

Hope this clears it up for you

Chibs
18-10-2014, 10:43 PM
No it's not. Maybe I'm over reacting in some peoples eyes but getting stressed can bring on epileptic seizures.

Hope this clears it up for you
my apologies mate

oconnors_strip
18-10-2014, 10:48 PM
my apologises mate

No bother. They say to take yourself away from situations that can trigger seizures so I did

I still attend hibs games though even though we play dire football at times :greengrin

Ronniekirk
18-10-2014, 10:50 PM
Unbelievable that the guys who generate the atmosphere have been excluded from S43 while the cretins who set off flares take up occupation :bitchy:

Flares out. drums in Leeann if your reading this get it sorted .

Deansy
18-10-2014, 10:55 PM
Personally, I'd love to see the culprits who set off these 'Flares/Smoke-bombs' put in a room, one-at-time, with the parents of the wee-laddie who had to be carried out - and record it.

18-10-2014, 11:20 PM
It wasn't just the flares, it was the sheer arrogance and disregard for fellow fans. They were in their group giving it the big un and (quite literally) the two fingers to everyone else. Fellow fans shouting at them to cut it out where met with abuse and gestures (yea real big tough guys when your standing in a group off mates eh :rolleyes:).

Fair play to the sect 43 guys that made it perfectly clear that they were not associated with those idiots and that the idiots were just pathetic hangers on. Sect 43 are a really positive group and I hope people don't tar them with the same brush as those morons that tagged along today and tried to act like big shots. Don't know where these loosers came from but it was not only unpleasant to be around but genuinely so embarrassing seeing silly wee laddies act like they own the place, i literally cringed. Boys that looked about 10 swaggering around with their mates thinking they are a some kind of "mob" and older guys thinking they are tough after a few beers :faf:

boab1875
19-10-2014, 12:05 AM

But it is the drummer and his pals though that are causing all the bother. we need these idiots identified and banned from all matches. Injuring our own fans and getting the club into trouble isn't a price worth paying for having idiots like these at matches. Last season I was at a match where said drummer (who appears to be the ringleader of a bunch of wee neds) was spouting off to his mate about how we need to make more of our Irish heritage and support the IRA more openly. This is what we are dealing with here. Giving the club a terrible name in my view.

#2 Double Tap
19-10-2014, 12:13 AM

are you one of them moaners causing all the negativity on every thing hibs - lol - they should have more stuff like that adds to the atmosphere

:greengrin

oramhibee
19-10-2014, 12:28 AM

What's wrong with the drum? Adds to atmosphere- agree about flares though ( smoke bombs, not flares)

oramhibee
19-10-2014, 12:30 AM
But it is the drummer and his pals though that are causing all the bother. we need these idiots identified and banned from all matches. Injuring our own fans and getting the club into trouble isn't a price worth paying for having idiots like these at matches. Last season I was at a match where said drummer (who appears to be the ringleader of a bunch of wee neds) was spouting off to his mate about how we need to make more of our Irish heritage and support the IRA more openly. This is what we are dealing with here. Giving the club a terrible name in my view.

The drummer and rest of sect 43 moved away from the smoke bombs

andyf5
19-10-2014, 01:07 AM

I disagree. The drummer and section 43 (12th man?) have added a lot to the games. The idiots with the flares need dealt with and the drummer and mates have publically distanced themselves at the game and said so on here.

green&left
19-10-2014, 02:22 AM
No idea what happened before or at the start of the match... In the pub afterwards I heard a kid's eardrum had burst with a bang/he got scarred on the face with a burn/he took an asthma attack.

Regardless of what happened the police handling the situation was a *** farce.

I never got in the stadium until around 6pm due to Livingston's fantastic organisation and having only two cash turnstiles open. Stood in the middle of section M when i did get in oblivious to anything that had happened and had no clue on what was going on until about half an hour to go when the police and stewards decided no-one in that block was getting out. Tried to go for a piss but got shoved back in the section, boy behind me tried to leave the section (older guy so not involved with the smoke) tried to leave and was put in a headlock. Eventually got out about half an hour after the game after showing a drivers licence to police, then allowed to make our way to the concourse where I was forced to state name, address and d.o.b in front of a camera. After that we were free to go.

The young fila clad fannys made a right noel hunt of things toaday, but f*** no's how many rules and laws police scotland broke today.

Dinkydoo
19-10-2014, 02:46 AM
Jesus Christ, some people on here are obviously upset that we won tonight.

A child has a burned face and a burst eardrum, somone could have taken a fit at the loud bang, neds singing IRA songs....

God forbid that anyone actually celebrate a goal, we might have a decapitation on our hands!

Hibernia&Alba
19-10-2014, 06:59 AM
Aye, it's getting silly. Yes, we want youngsters to enjoy themselves at the game, but the flares are causing too many problems. Obviously there's the risk that the more those of us over 18 complain about it, the more they'll do it.

Aldo
19-10-2014, 07:31 AM
Was standing waiting to get in when the crèche turned up, hand in hand with their friends. Jumping about like bairns that have had too many smarties.

Now I'm all for folk bringing an atmosphere to the game but FFS if you want to act like an idiot you'll get treated like one. That's even before they got into the ground. Why o why did folk in this day and age need a police escort from the police station it was Livi we were playing.

Smoke bombs not a fan (and no place at a game IMHO) but fireworks/bangers. Whole new ball game.

This minority are tainting the clubs good name need to be identified and told to bolt.

God Petrie
19-10-2014, 07:47 AM
I think we should introduce an interview process to vet potential fans before they are allowed on the database and to purchase tickets.

DarrenSQH
19-10-2014, 07:58 AM
On the bounce they said the kid was fine and had a panick attack. No burnt face, burst eardrum or asthma attack.

As for boab1875s post, what a load of rubbish. It's nothing to do with the drum as explained a 100 times already in the thread

marinello59
19-10-2014, 08:24 AM

The drummer distanced himself from the actions of last night and deserves credit for that.
As for what you claim to have heard someone say at a game, I was stood a couple of rows in front of the drummer at ER a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't hear myself think, let alone a conversation behind me.:greengrin

Jonnyboy
19-10-2014, 08:45 AM

Absolute nonsense

Hibrandenburg
19-10-2014, 08:50 AM
Can't we just declare open season on smoke bombs and smoke bombers? Free season ticket per scalp presented to the ticket office.

blackpoolhibs
19-10-2014, 09:20 AM

blackpoolhibs
19-10-2014, 09:30 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C8LSbiBoMzE

Hermit Crab
19-10-2014, 09:31 AM

Good luck with that. That's the job of the police and stewards not vigilante fans. That would cause chaos.

Hermit Crab
19-10-2014, 09:35 AM

Sheer madness by hibs JB

What these lads need is a standing area in the ground where they can go and not annoy anybody. I'd very much like a standing area at Easter rd. Last night the police could have moved them behind one of the empty goals to let them sing, dance and drum away.

we are hibs
19-10-2014, 09:59 AM
Wee pricks need banned.

Deek01
19-10-2014, 10:02 AM

So cringey watching that. Could be a useful video for hibs to see to help keep these morons under bridges rather than ER.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
19-10-2014, 10:12 AM

Embarrassing.

Stantons Angel
19-10-2014, 10:19 AM
Sheer madness by hibs JB

What these lads need is a standing area in the ground where they can go and not annoy anybody. I'd very much like a standing area at Easter rd. Last night the police could have moved them behind one of the empty goals to let them sing, dance and drum away.

What has a standing area to do with bringing in smoke bombs or letting off fireworks in a public place!

They were given Sect 43 as an area for their "singing" they stand there all the time and make their own merriment and are now abusing the privilege given to them.

The thread is about wee neds endangering those around them, breaking the law by bringing in to the grounds banned items and causing possible injury to spectators around them!

Thats what needs to be addressed before someone is seriously hurt and the club sanctioned for the behavior of these idiots home and away!

Jack
19-10-2014, 10:20 AM

Edina Hibs Ultras???

Published on 2 Jun 2013???

Might not be that useful for the current problem.

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-10-2014, 10:28 AM
Flares are best left of Italians and Poles. Looks pure shife at Almondvale.

What's next, nicking flags and hanging them upside down while wearing balaclavas and posting the pictures on "hooligan" websites.

Cringe.

I'm all for singing and jumping about, but the smoke/flares has got to stop.

J

Got your flag back from those pesky Poles yet? ;-)

lucky
19-10-2014, 10:28 AM
The smoke bombs are crap and don't add to the atmosphere. But I can't say I'm supportive of the action of the police yesterday. Containing a whole section of the support is wrong. Deal with culprits not innocents sitting close to the them.

R11Loaded
19-10-2014, 10:29 AM

The person who uploaded that plays for hibs ladies under 17s

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

Hermit Crab
19-10-2014, 10:30 AM
What has a standing area to do with bringing in smoke bombs or letting off fireworks in a public place!

They were given Sect 43 as an area for their "singing" they stand there all the time and make their own merriment and are now abusing the privilege given to them.

The thread is about wee neds endangering those around them, breaking the law by bringing in to the grounds banned items and causing possible injury to spectators around them!

Thats what needs to be addressed before someone is seriously hurt and the club sanctioned for the behavior of these idiots home and away!

Rubbish. They have already said they are not associated with the flare mob they just tag along. Unfair to blame the drum team for the smokers. Taking section 43 away from them will completely destroy the atmosphere at home games. Makes it even easier for away teams to come and get the points.

Folk complaining have have to be careful what you wish for. By banning everyone that' like to sing dance and drum then you can wave bye bye to the atmosphere and future generations of supporters.

Hermit Crab
19-10-2014, 10:33 AM
Embarrassing.

How?

ALF TUPPER
19-10-2014, 10:35 AM
Be assured The Club and Police Scotland have the You Tube video :agree:

Hermit Crab
19-10-2014, 10:35 AM
Wee pricks need banned.

No they don't! They just need reeducated. Banning is not the answer. Let's ban them and reduce our crowds even more! :confused:

Chuck Rhoades
19-10-2014, 10:36 AM

Wee neds? Exactly the perception these ********s are causing. I can assure you that all of us who moved away around 30 minutes are not 'wee neds'. The majority well into our 20s with livelihoods at stake in terms of jobs, kids, mortgages etc.

We hoped our actions yesterday sorted this kind of opinion.

Hermit Crab
19-10-2014, 10:37 AM

What at good is it to them? They're not doing anything in the stadium.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
19-10-2014, 10:37 AM
How?

Because it is, look at them :faf:

Jay
19-10-2014, 10:39 AM
No they don't! They just need reeducated. Banning is not the answer. Let's ban them and reduce our crowds even more! :confused:

Disagree, these are the same neds causing trouble up town and in the train station after games too. I don't want them to be associated with Hibs. Happily accept a ten year ban for them, maybe by then they will have grown up a bit.

Hermit Crab
19-10-2014, 10:41 AM
Wee neds? Exactly the perception these ********s are causing. I can assure you that all of us who moved away around 30 minutes are not 'wee neds'. The majority well into our 20s with livelihoods at stake in terms of jobs, kids, mortgages etc.

We hoped our actions yesterday sorted this kind of opinion.

It appears you boys are getting unfairly tarred with the same brush. The op says that they were watching from the west stand so how they could see how old these people were is beyond me.

Hermit Crab
19-10-2014, 10:42 AM
Because it is, look at them :faf:

That's a valid reason right enough.

Hermit Crab
19-10-2014, 10:44 AM
Disagree, these are the same neds causing trouble up town and in the train station after games too. I don't want them to be associated with Hibs. Happily accept a ten year ban for them, maybe by then they will have grown up a bit.

Theres a much older generation associated with hibs that cause trouble but nobody seems to bother about them!

SaulGoodman
19-10-2014, 10:44 AM

A child has a burned face and a burst eardrum, somone could have taken a fit at the loud bang, neds singing IRA songs....

God forbid that anyone actually celebrate a goal, we might have a decapitation on our hands!

I was at a birthday party the other week, As soon as I walked in I set off a banger and then launched a smoke bomb into the crowd of people.

Because that's how you're supposed to celebrate apparently.

Jack
19-10-2014, 10:46 AM
What I don't get is if these guys were causing trouble on their way to the match and followed by the police WTF were the police doing letting them into the ground? Or at least giving them a full search before letting them in.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
19-10-2014, 10:51 AM
That's a valid reason right enough.

Wee laddies letting off a smoke bomb, cuddling round eacother getting their picture taken thinking their gods gift is embarrassing.

Valid enough for me. :aok:

we are hibs

Yes they do. My 6 year old nephew is too scared to go to Easter road now because he thought the stand was on fire vs Dumbarton. How is it fair that he can't go watch his favourite football team because of idiots who think it's funny to set off flares?

ALF TUPPER
What at good is it to them? They're not doing anything in the stadium.

It helps them I.D them? stop and search in and around ER ? ( Is good to know who they might be.)
I'll happily point out anyone I see let off flares in ER.

Chuck Rhoades
19-10-2014, 10:52 AM
What I don't get is if these guys were causing trouble on their way to the match and followed by the police WTF were the police doing letting them into the ground? Or at least giving them a full search before letting them in.

Attention seeking, social media show off, mindless pricks!

silverhibee
19-10-2014, 10:53 AM

Sure that wasn't the green brigade you were next too.

I no the drummer and his pals and they have nothing to do with what is taking place at games regards smoke bombs.

Chuck Rhoades
19-10-2014, 10:55 AM
Boab1875, theres no need to identify ourselves. Hibs know the 15-20 of us in terms of full names and details. If we'd been the root cause of this they'd all have given us lifetime bans.

We have a meeting with reps from Hibs on Wed to sort this out.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
19-10-2014, 10:55 AM

:agree:

And I don't know why some folk stick up for them. Get them tae ****.

Jack
19-10-2014, 10:56 AM

I agree Ross my point was about the police though who IMO shouldn't have let them in or at least have given them a full search.

silverhibee
19-10-2014, 10:57 AM

Is there proof of this.

Chuck Rhoades
19-10-2014, 10:58 AM
Is there proof of this.

Eardrum is fact SH, cant say I heard IRA songs though.

Chuck Rhoades
19-10-2014, 10:59 AM
Is there proof of this.

To add, there were loud flash bangs at the game, not just smoke bombs.

Alfred E Newman
19-10-2014, 10:59 AM
Yes they do. My 6 year old nephew is too scared to go to Easter road now because he thought the stand was on fire vs Dumbarton. How is it fair that he can't go watch his favourite football team because of idiots who think it's funny to set off flares?

That's too bad but we have to keep things in perspective. You are lucky you were not taking the wee lad to games in the 70s .

Dinkydoo
19-10-2014, 11:01 AM
On the bounce they said the kid was fine and had a panick attack.

Couldn't have been a nice experience for him and I hope he isnt put off attending games in future.

I was at a birthday party the other week, As soon as I walked in I set off a banger and then launched a smoke bomb into the crowd of people.

Because that's how you're supposed to celebrate apparently.
Admitedly, my post was bit of a ramble (check the time of posting :greengrin:) but I did have a point and that was, after we actually win a game some posters seem very quick to get the knives out and find something to attack the club and/or fans about. I actually think the smoke grenades make us look immature but the overreaction on this thread has turned something that looks like it was a bit of an issue at last nights game, into a complete and utter circle-jerk.

Come on, talk of someone potentially having a fit as a result of loud noises at the football (not condoning the banger btw) - what happens when everyone around them starts going wild when we score a goal...?

Dinkydoo
19-10-2014, 11:03 AM
Is there proof of this.
None at all.

Edit: another poster has said it was fact, I wasnt there so I wont contest the eardrum thing

Green Man
19-10-2014, 11:03 AM
That's too bad but we have to keep things in perspective. You are lucky you were not taking the wee lad to games in the 70s .

That's a ridiculous argument. Folk getting hurt and scared is unacceptable in a football ground, regardless of how things were 40 years ago.

LancashireHibby
19-10-2014, 11:05 AM
Come on, talk of someone potentially having a fit as a result of loud noises at the football (not condoning the banger btw) - what happens when everyone around them starts going wild when we score a goal...?

I'd have said it might be that the noise of the crowd can be very easily anticipated in relation to what's happening on the pitch, whereas it may be the shock of the sudden bang that may cause distress to people with certain conditions etc.

silverhibee
19-10-2014, 11:05 AM
How?

The CCS got a easier ride than the young team here.

silverhibee
19-10-2014, 11:06 AM

What video.

Dinkydoo
19-10-2014, 11:09 AM
I'd have said it might be that the noise of the crowd can be very easily anticipated in relation to what's happening on the pitch, whereas it may be the shock of the sudden bang that may cause distress to people with certain conditions etc.
It can sometimes, but goals are scored from nothing and on occassion the football is that exciting that I'm not even paying attention! If you're that susceptible to taking a fit then surely you've assessed the risk accompanied by going to a football match. Without fireworks the potential is still there for a loud unexpected noise.

Jonnyboy
19-10-2014, 11:19 AM
Rubbish. They have already said they are not associated with the flare mob they just tag along. Unfair to blame the drum team for the smokers. Taking section 43 away from them will completely destroy the atmosphere at home games. Makes it even easier for away teams to come and get the points.

Folk complaining have have to be careful what you wish for. By banning everyone that' like to sing dance and drum then you can wave bye bye to the atmosphere and future generations of supporters.

:agree: Folk should read what's being said by Bouncer Ross, those who know/stand close to the drummer and those who stand with him to sing and generate an atmosphere in our half empty stadium. Calling them as neds is bang out of order. The folk who bring the flares are the real problem.

As to those who say it was a lot worse in the past, you're right, it was but it doesn't mean the current goings on are any more acceptable

Brooster
19-10-2014, 11:25 AM
The drummer and his mates were quick to distance themselves from the smoke bombs and crackers. They moved along to the corner flag where they continued to create a good atmosphere.

SaulGoodman
19-10-2014, 11:29 AM
It can sometimes, but goals are scored from nothing and on occassion the football is that exciting that I'm not even paying attention! If you're that susceptible to taking a fit then surely you've assessed the risk accompanied by going to a football match. Without fireworks the potential is still there for a loud unexpected noise.

Sorry but a loud, sudden bang is going to cause more of a fright than a lot of people suddenly shouting.

Scouse Hibee
19-10-2014, 11:44 AM

No comparison between a sudden explosive sound and a football crowd.

Pete
19-10-2014, 11:46 AM
I know one of the teenagers involved and here's what he thinks: What they're doing is edgy and cool. Those who are complaining are old farts who don't understand and have forgotten what it's like to be young. They aren't going to listen to you.

Ok, I totally made the part up about knowing one of them but I'm 99.9% sure that's how they are thinking :greengrin

silverhibee
19-10-2014, 11:50 AM
Theres a much older generation associated with hibs that cause trouble but nobody seems to bother about them!

F***ing spot on Hermit, I don't see many on here willing to pick out the older generation of casuals who used to and still cause problems on match/night day at home and away games, they are well known but for some reason no one seems to give a toss about them but are more than happy to pick on a bunch of kids, these people have been giving Hibs a bad name for some 10/15 years but i don't hear many on here wanting to report them or give them a kicking for the behaviour they get in to on match day, i wonder why they aren't being so brave when it comes to the older crew

No one was injured at the game last night as far as we no but if some poor innocents are caught up in full scale riots at train stations or town centres i don't see the pitch forks out to hunt these folk down and teach them a lesson, folk demanding that these young kids be banned for life from football for letting of a few smoke bombs but yet folk who bite ears off and get involved in full out battles are seen as top blokes in the boozers around ER or even in BTG, don't see anyone pulling these folk up for embarrassing our club, more than likely to buy them a bevvie and be buddies with them, but lets go after the 12 - 14 year olds who seem to be going through the Continental faze and it will be gone by this time next year, wonder if they will be writing books about their flares days at Scottish football in 20 years time.:wink:

ALF TUPPER
19-10-2014, 11:50 AM
What video.

this one

Chuck Rhoades
19-10-2014, 11:52 AM

this one

Jesus! What a cringe. New drummer I see?

PS - video is from Jun 2013?

Fergos
19-10-2014, 11:57 AM
The lads from section 43 have nothing to do with the smoke bombs.......just incase those who thought they were have missed the previous posts saying the same thing. Those boys have been great for the atmosphere at ER, pro active enough to get together in an effort to get a better atmosphere at the both ER and away games. They have been great over the piece for our club and it would be an idea to give this group our full support, both vocal and otherwise as without them our games would be like morgues at times....

GGTTH

ALF TUPPER
19-10-2014, 11:59 AM
Jesus! What a cringe. New drummer I see?

PS - video is from Jun 2013?

Yeah , last year it was put up. New drummer ? Dunno, but defo cringeworthy !

Dinkydoo
19-10-2014, 11:59 AM
Sorry but a loud, sudden bang is going to cause more of a fright than a lot of people suddenly shouting.

No comparison between a sudden explosive sound and a football crowd.
Stress and loud noises are common seizure triggers. Both of which can be found at the football. An explosion is more likely to cause a seizure but I still think we're going a bit ott here.

Again, I dont condone any of this pyro nonsense but this collective outrage is a bit self indulgent and a pointless endeavour when so few facts are being posted.

A child had a panic attack as a direct result of the smoke grenades and fireworks.....it needs to stop now. However, nobody was burned, passed out from inhaling smoke, had thier eardrum burst (I dont think), was singing IRA songs, had a noize induced seizure and to the best of my knowledge the sky isnt falling.

Chuck Rhoades
19-10-2014, 12:00 PM
Yeah , last year it was put up. New drummer ? Dunno, but defo cringeworthy !

Well that certainly isn't me! That's my point.

tamig
19-10-2014, 12:01 PM
The CCS got a easier ride than the young team here.

Quite a few of your posts give the impression of sticking up for this behaviour. You asked if there was proof that a young lad was injured and Ross himself said that was the case. Do you not think that stuff that causes this has now gone a bit too far rather than coming out with sympathetic lines? Its disgraceful and needs stopped pronto.

frazeHFC
19-10-2014, 12:03 PM
Boabs post was a belter to start the day with. Complete lack of knowledge of the situation.

We have said on here time and time again that those of us with the drum have nothing to do with the young lads with pyro.

Hopefully now people realise this is true after yesterday. Smokes/banger went off and we left instantly. On our way down the steps seen the wee lad getting carried out looking distraught, turned round and made my thoughts known to those that done it.

Went to other side of the stand and continued to make an atmosphere and enjoy the game. As mentioned, none of us original Sect43 are going to risk our jobs and families for the sake of a smoke bomb.

tamig
19-10-2014, 12:07 PM
Boabs post was a belter to start the day with. Complete lack of knowledge of the situation.

We have said on here time and time again that those of us with the drum have nothing to do with the young lads with pyro.

Hopefully now people realise this is true after yesterday. Smokes/banger went off and we left instantly. On our way down the steps seen the wee lad getting carried out looking distraught, turned round and made my thoughts known to those that done it.

Went to other side of the stand and continued to make an atmosphere and enjoy the game. As mentioned, none of us original Sect43 are going to risk our jobs and families for the sake of a smoke bomb.
Well said.

Scouse Hibee
19-10-2014, 12:08 PM
Stress and loud noises are common seizure triggers. Both of which can be found at the football. An explosion is more likely to cause a seizure but I still think we're going a bit ott here.

Again, I dont condone any of this pyro nonsense but this collective outrage is a bit self indulgent and a pointless endeavour when so few facts are being posted.

A child had a panic attack as a direct result of the smoke grenades and fireworks.....it needs to stop now. However, nobody was burned, passed out from inhaling smoke, had thier eardrum burst (I dont think), was singing IRA songs, had a noize induced seizure and to the best of my knowledge the sky isnt falling.

Collective outrage you've summed it up perfectly, if there is collective outrage amongst our fans at this behaviour then something needs to be done, as for the sky falling, that happened last season :wink:

silverhibee
19-10-2014, 12:10 PM

this one

It's over a year old that video, why would you send that to the police, it has nothing to do with last nights game, next you will be reporting folk for setting of bangers on firework night.

MontrealHibs
19-10-2014, 12:16 PM
completely unacceptable we need to try much harder to stamp this childish nonsense out before anybody else get hurt.

ALF TUPPER
19-10-2014, 12:17 PM

Didn't say you were Ross. I dont know you. I don't know any of these guys in the video.
I was asked about the video . So posted it up.

I intentionally didn't make make any connection with the guys in the vid and any supporters group associated with Hibs. I don't know members of individual groups to comment or make accusations.

Not sure I get your point Ross or why you even mention drummers ?

What I'm saying is Scottish Police and Hibs have this You Tube footage. They may make use of it to monitor these guys , stop and search , if they turn up at Easter Road.

Viva_Palmeiras
19-10-2014, 12:20 PM

Fraze - just to be clear when you're saying "we left instantly" you're referring to Sect43...

sounds like (no pun intended) there's a couple of drummers ?

On a different note and with respct to BouncerRoss from my time at LWT id be most suprised it he ad anything like this and to apparently tarring him with the same brush is not on unless someone who was there has picked him out (which was believe is not the case) as for ned he comes across as anything but non-educated!

On a lighter note on the other origin of the word Hooligan I'd heard it was a family of troublesome folks in London. They happened to by Irish and so the story I was told was they were the Hoolaghans but the police couldn't pronounce it properly so it was hooligans and the name stuck and was reused. Never wrong for long heres wikis take...13676

ALF TUPPER
19-10-2014, 12:20 PM
It's over a year old that video, why would you send that to the police, it has nothing to do with last nights game, next you will be reporting folk for setting of bangers on firework night.

Didnt say I sent it to anyone Silver. I said " be assured they had it" . :rolleyes:

Bristolhibby
19-10-2014, 12:24 PM

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111227100711/supernatural/images/9/9b/Watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

Bristolhibby
19-10-2014, 12:26 PM
Got your flag back from those pesky Poles yet? ;-)

Can you detect the seeth?

One of my mates is in dilogue, not holding out much hope though.

That aside, loved the place.

J

silverhibee
19-10-2014, 12:33 PM

But it would seem some have jumped to there own conclusion and will be reporting that crowd and drummer to the Police, the police may just come after the now drummer and get it totally wrong.

Viva_Palmeiras
19-10-2014, 12:43 PM
Far be it from my to try breaking out some common sense but it seems to me odd that there is a problem. All seater stadiums are supposedly more secure in that troublemakers should be more easily identified (more so if all ticket) and dealt with at the time or retrospectively. So surely this can all be sorted out.

If this is not the case then all seater stadia has been one of the alltime great football swindles.

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-10-2014, 12:45 PM
Can you detect the seeth?

One of my mates is in dilogue, not holding out much hope though.

That aside, loved the place.

J

Aye, I read the thread on TAMB and noticed your posts on it.

Hermit Crab
19-10-2014, 12:46 PM
People are doing their best to lynch a group of young lads who acted a bit out of line last night. Let the authorities deal with it. Picking on the young and weak.

On a side note I don't see anybody willing to pull up the older boys that like a bit of a dash at hibs games. Likely to happen next week but nothing will be said to/about them.

matty_f
19-10-2014, 12:47 PM
Wee pricks need banned.

Did they get dressed in the dark?

silverhibee
19-10-2014, 12:47 PM
Quite a few of your posts give the impression of sticking up for this behaviour. You asked if there was proof that a young lad was injured and Ross himself said that was the case. Do you not think that stuff that causes this has now gone a bit too far rather than coming out with sympathetic lines? Its disgraceful and needs stopped pronto.

Point me to where I'm sticking up for this behaviour, yes i asked for proof if anyone was hurt as i can't see anything in todays papers about anyone being injured at the game last night, and i don't believe Boabs event of things, that's why i asked, not good to hear about the lad getting a burst ear drum, hope it isn't to bad and doesn't put him off coming to see Hibs again. :aok:

Dinkydoo
19-10-2014, 12:53 PM
Collective outrage you've summed it up perfectly, if there is collective outrage amongst our fans at this behaviour then something needs to be done, as for the sky falling, that happened last season :wink:
I don't disagree.

As for last season, I think most of us had anticipated the sky falling from January onwards...didnt make it any easier at the time though :wink:

NAE NOOKIE
19-10-2014, 12:54 PM
As I have said before, lets not throw out the baby with the bathwater.

The genuine sect 43 guys have made it plain they have nothing to do with these neds and we really need to address this problem without destroying what little atmosphere we have left at ER. Bouncer Ross said the drum is banned from sect 43. I hope that is sorted out quickly.

If the atmosphere at ER is to improve we need to grow the singing section or whatever you want to call it. I seem to recall Leeann had made some reference to the upper deck of the FF in this regard. I think that could be the compromise we need, its an ideal size at about 1,700 and I would imagine easier to police.

There are probably about 600 ST holders in that area .. I know many wouldn't want to move, but for those who did perhaps Hibs could offer them a discount of £100 on next years ST for the west upper or East.

I know that there will be an element of 'why should I' which is perfectly understandable. But for me this would be a perfect solution to what appears to be becoming the sect43 problem. Apart from that a stadiums atmosphere is every bit as important as its facilities and you tend to find that stadiums where the ( for want of a better word ) ultras have a dedicated stand rather than a section you do get a better atmosphere.

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/helmet%20smiley.gif

silverhibee
19-10-2014, 12:58 PM
Didnt say I sent it to anyone Silver. I said . :rolleyes:

" be assured they had it"

How can you no this.

matty_f
19-10-2014, 01:06 PM
I think it's very important that we make the distinction between the Sect 43 guys and the kids letting off the smoke bomb things. Sect 43 have been a positive in what has been a hugely negative time for the club. It wouldn't be fair to tar them with the same brush, so it's refreshing to see that people are acknowledging this on the thread.

silverhibee
19-10-2014, 01:07 PM
Far be it from my to try breaking out some common sense but it seems to me odd that there is a problem. All seater stadiums are supposedly more secure in that troublemakers should be more easily identified (more so if all ticket) and dealt with at the time or retrospectively. So surely this can all be sorted out.

If this is not the case then all seater stadia has been one of the alltime great football swindles.

There is that many empty seats at football grounds nowadays that you can really pick where you want to sit in the stand you are in, there will be a lot of folk who buy tickets but don't sit in the seat that is on the ticket they have purchased, some will go and sit/stand with mates or move away from that nasty bunch in Section 43 and sit some where else in the East :greengrin, so i don't think it makes it easier to pick people out if there is problems in the ground, section 43 does get a bit overcrowded at times so i doubt everyone has a ticket for that section.

tamig
19-10-2014, 01:26 PM
Point me to where I'm sticking up for this behaviour, yes i asked for proof if anyone was hurt as i can't see anything in todays papers about anyone being injured at the game last night, and i don't believe Boabs event of things, that's why i asked, not good to hear about the lad getting a burst ear drum, hope it isn't to bad and doesn't put him off coming to see Hibs again. :aok:
Well the post I replied to you suggested the CCS had an easier time than the "young team". That indicates a degree of sympathy towards them. There is mention in Kenny Millar's report today of a young lad having treatment for what appeared to be a panic attack - in his view. So do you agree that whatever caused the bang that damaged the boy's ear last night was out of order and should not be repeated? You didn't mention that.

Leith Green
19-10-2014, 01:38 PM

If ur gonna take a pop at wee laddies letting of smoke bombs, then you have to accept how annoying that ******g drum can be. I was sitting in the seat behind it at Hamilton and it totally ruined the game for me, it was just a racket and at times stops normal songs starting.. Personally ahd be getting shot of the drums as , complete racket and usually associated with pishy wee teams who have **** fans

Viva_Palmeiras
19-10-2014, 01:44 PM
If ur gonna take a pop at wee laddies letting of smoke bombs, then you have to accept how annoying that ******g drum can be. I was sitting in the seat behind it at Hamilton and it totally ruined the game for me, it was just a racket and at times stops normal songs starting.. Personally ahd be getting shot of the drums as , complete racket and usually associated with pishy wee teams who have **** fans

That was the other drummer tho' ;)

SaulGoodman
19-10-2014, 01:44 PM

:faf:

Viva_Palmeiras
19-10-2014, 01:57 PM
Is that a parody Twitter account? [post now disappeared]

"I'm fifteen now"!
"4-0 Dunfermline game .... when I was 8"
"your a [unPC reference for someone living an alternative lifestyle]"
Incorrect Stone Roses lyrical references...
Mainly boys who thought they had a p£&e til they pi2:4d through it...

Surprised there wasn't the usual "you're immature" give away comments...

Aw blessed be the yoof ;)

SteveHFC
19-10-2014, 01:58 PM
I that a parody Twitter account?

Has to be mate.

sauzee1966
19-10-2014, 02:05 PM
:faf:

Never heard of anyone carried out of a stadium due to damage by a drum. However. ....The large firework is a different matter. ...where do they set them off next. ...next to 6yr old. Kids maybe because it's funny. Some of you guys need to show some intelligence. Maybe you would laugh and think it's cool for some ned to let one off on your doorstep. However i doubt it's the case.

Aaron
19-10-2014, 02:06 PM
Noticed that the Bounce have posted a few videos showing the drummer where not near the smoke bombs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzZI4W9RLAU

sauzee1966
19-10-2014, 02:08 PM
Noticed that the Bounce have posted a few videos showing the drummer where not near the smoke bombs:

Drummers can be annoying. ...large fireworks in a crowd are dangerous. ...simples

Leith Green
19-10-2014, 02:10 PM
Never heard of anyone carried out of a stadium due to damage by a drum. However. ....The large firework is a different matter. ...where do they set them off next. ...next to 6yr old. Kids maybe because it's funny. Some of you guys need to show some intelligence. Maybe you would laugh and think it's cool for some ned to let one off on your doorstep. However i doubt it's the case.

Have you ever sat in the seat next to it? As i said its just a racket, and ruined that particular game for me.. If i come with a big **** of drum and bang it to death for 90 minutes i assume ud be happy? Its needless, just sing football songs like we always have done

Aaron
19-10-2014, 02:13 PM
Drummers can be annoying. ...large fireworks in a crowd are dangerous. ...simples

That was not the point I was highlighting.

Anyhow I like the drum - it adds to the atmosphere. I'm not bothered about the smoke bombs personally but I can totally understand why many others are.

Brizo
19-10-2014, 02:19 PM
People are doing their best to lynch a group of young lads who acted a bit out of line last night. Let the authorities deal with it. Picking on the young and weak.

On a side note I don't see anybody willing to pull up the older boys that like a bit of a dash at hibs games. Likely to happen next week but nothing will be said to/about them.

:agree: Selective outrage.

Young laddies doing what young laddies have done since the 1960s Cave "Rebels", the 70s YLT, the 80s / 90s CCS. Bad behaviour at the fitba..... not condoning it but the wee laddies who look like dwarf extras from "The Firm" are following a 50 year old tradition. And of course its much easier to pull up a mob of 14 year olds than a mob of 44 year olds.

This next generation could all be nipped in the bud by effective polis action. The club and polis couldn't do it with the 80s originals but im sure Polis Scotland will have this lot earmarked as an easy target.

greenlex
19-10-2014, 02:25 PM
As I have said before, lets not throw out the baby with the bathwater.

The genuine sect 43 guys have made it plain they have nothing to do with these neds and we really need to address this problem without destroying what little atmosphere we have left at ER. Bouncer Ross said the drum is banned from sect 43. I hope that is sorted out quickly.

If the atmosphere at ER is to improve we need to grow the singing section or whatever you want to call it. I seem to recall Leeann had made some reference to the upper deck of the FF in this regard. I think that could be the compromise we need, its an ideal size at about 1,700 and I would imagine easier to police.

There are probably about 600 ST holders in that area .. I know many wouldn't want to move, but for those who did perhaps Hibs could offer them a discount of £100 on next years ST for the west upper or East.

I know that there will be an element of 'why should I' which is perfectly understandable. But for me this would be a perfect solution to what appears to be becoming the sect43 problem. Apart from that a stadiums atmosphere is every bit as important as its facilities and you tend to find that stadiums where the ( for want of a better word ) ultras have a dedicated stand rather than a section you do get a better atmosphere.

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/helmet%20smiley.gif

Footage of the laddie getting carried out is available via the Livi 60 second highlight vid seen onthe matchday thread silv.

silverhibee
19-10-2014, 03:03 PM
Well the post I replied to you suggested the CCS had an easier time than the "young team". That indicates a degree of sympathy towards them. There is mention in Kenny Millar's report today of a young lad having treatment for what appeared to be a panic attack - in his view. So do you agree that whatever caused the bang that damaged the boy's ear last night was out of order and should not be repeated? You didn't mention that.

It was out of order. :aok:

Do you think this will be the end of things though considering we have a Derby game coming up this weekend which can bring the worse out in both sets of supporters, i think the stewards and Police are going to be very busy at the weekend at both the East and away stand.

As i said lets hope it is just a faze they are going through and hopefully they start throwing confetti next season. (joke)

silverhibee
19-10-2014, 03:05 PM

Is this a whoosh moment.

silverhibee
19-10-2014, 03:11 PM

:agree:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-YNkN-6usk

Even in safe hands.

Jim Herriot
19-10-2014, 03:24 PM
As i said lets hope it is just a faze they are going through and hopefully they start throwing confetti next season. (joke)

Great idea! As far as I know, confetti isn't banned and security don't confiscate it.

Anyone know a supplier of bulk quantities of green and white confetti?

tamig
19-10-2014, 03:32 PM
It was out of order. :aok:

Do you think this will be the end of things though considering we have a Derby game coming up this weekend which can bring the worse out in both sets of supporters, i think the stewards and Police are going to be very busy at the weekend at both the East and away stand.

Good stuff. Sadly, I would doubt it is the end of this. It's disappointing that some posters have mentioned that the folk responsible appeared to get an escort to the ground. Wtf were the police doing not searching them before they got in? Seems like a monumental cock-up on their part.

tamig
19-10-2014, 03:35 PM
Great idea! As far as I know, confetti isn't banned and security don't confiscate it.

Anyone know a supplier of bulk quantities of green and white confetti?

Aye, I remember the old ticker tape at the Argentina world cup. Imagine tons of that in green and white falling from the stands :-)

Leith Green
19-10-2014, 03:39 PM
Is this a whoosh moment.

What do you mean?

silverhibee
19-10-2014, 03:46 PM
Good stuff. Sadly, I would doubt it is the end of this. It's disappointing that some posters have mentioned that the folk responsible appeared to get an escort to the ground. Wtf were the police doing not searching them before they got in? Seems like a monumental cock-up on their part.

But if they were doing nothing wrong(don't no if they were) and were escorted to the ground(nothing unusual for away fans nowadays) then what grounds do the police have to search them if all they were doing was walking to the stadium, the police just don't have the right to search someone, they need to have a reason to do it, and once again I'm not sticking up for them but even if they were searched doesn't mean they will find the flares on them.

The police can only do so much, they can't start strip searching hundreds of fans cause they are young kids in nice clobber.

Leith Green
19-10-2014, 03:53 PM
But if they were doing nothing wrong(don't no if they were) and were escorted to the ground(nothing unusual for away fans nowadays) then what grounds do the police have to search them if all they were doing was walking to the stadium, the police just don't have the right to search someone, they need to have a reason to do it, and once again I'm not sticking up for them but even if they were searched doesn't mean they will find the flares on them.

The police can only do so much, they can't start strip searching hundreds of fans cause they are young kids in nice clobber.

You would think the police cant just stop and search someone without suspicion. But actually they can, its called a section 60.. Absolute joke of a law but there ye go

Leith Green
19-10-2014, 03:56 PM
Section 60 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 allows a police officer to stop and search a person without suspicion. Section 60 stops and searches can take place in an area which has been authorised by a senior police officer on the basis of their reasonable belief that violence has or is about to occur, and where it is expedient to prevent it or search people for a weapon if one was involved in the incident.

Section 60 is a broadly framed and indiscriminate policing tool. Following the finding that section 44 of the Terrorism Act was unlawful by the European Court of Human Rights (see below), it was suspended, and the use of section 60 dramatically increased. Unfortunately it was soon uncovered that the power was being deployed in a similarly discriminatory way. Statistics clearly showed you were far more likely to be stopped and searched under section 60 if you were Black or Asian.

Viva_Palmeiras
19-10-2014, 04:00 PM

Ah but can he prove he wasn't at the grassy knoll?

silverhibee
19-10-2014, 04:05 PM
What do you mean?

Obviously not.

green day
19-10-2014, 04:09 PM
Wow, an 8 page thread about a crappy (thankfully now shut) west end night club :greengrin

silverhibee
19-10-2014, 04:10 PM
Section 60 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 allows a police officer to stop and search a person without suspicion. Section 60 stops and searches can take place in an area which has been authorised by a senior police officer on the basis of their reasonable belief that violence has or is about to occur, and where it is expedient to prevent it or search people for a weapon if one was involved in the incident.

Section 60 is a broadly framed and indiscriminate policing tool. Following the finding that section 44 of the Terrorism Act was unlawful by the European Court of Human Rights (see below), it was suspended, and the use of section 60 dramatically increased. Unfortunately it was soon uncovered that the power was being deployed in a similarly discriminatory way. Statistics clearly showed you were far more likely to be stopped and searched under section 60 if you were Black or Asian.

Surely the police weren't expecting any violence so what grounds do they have to search folk walking to a football game.

Leith Green
19-10-2014, 04:10 PM
Obviously not.

Pffffffff....

Leith Green
19-10-2014, 04:12 PM
Surely the police weren't expecting any violence so what grounds do they have to search folk walking to a football game.

But thats the point, its a law they abuse.. They will make out that they expect disorder

Leith Green
19-10-2014, 04:15 PM

Its something i have experienced a few times for being in a group and being casually dressed.. Face filmed and everything

marinello59
19-10-2014, 04:22 PM
Its something i have experienced a few times for being in a group and being casually dressed.. Face filmed and everything

They used to film absolutely every fan who went to Pittodrie. Can't say it left me too traumatised but anybody viewing my ugly mug probably got upset. :greengrin

greenlex
19-10-2014, 04:34 PM
Bear bing for flares and pyro. It will happen when we are on our travels next for sure.

marinello59
19-10-2014, 04:35 PM
The main defence given for the use of these things is that they improve the atmosphere they have been failing on that point for a while now. The only people it has improved the atmosphere for recently are the handful of guys setting them off and bouncing around in the reek. Last night they had a totally negative impact. As for the police, the actions of a few have meant that we will all be subjected to heavier policing, probably at extra expense to our club. It's utter stupidity to keep bringing them in to games now.

Leith Green
19-10-2014, 04:36 PM
They used to film absolutely every fan who went to Pittodrie. Can't say it left me too traumatised but anybody viewing my ugly mug probably got upset. :greengrin

Haha.. I just think its taking liberties

Just Alf
19-10-2014, 04:53 PM
The main defence given for the use of these things is that they improve the atmosphere they have been failing on that point for a while now. The only people it has improved the atmosphere for recently are the handful of guys setting them off and bouncing around in the reek. Last night they had a totally negative impact. As for the police, the actions of a few have meant that we will all be subjected to heavier policing, probably at extra expense to our club. It's utter stupidity to keep bringing them in to games now.

Post of the thread.

jacomo
19-10-2014, 05:06 PM

Well I have never been more shocked in my life. Lighting a smoke signal in broad daylight (albeit quite far away from other people) then posing for photos and laughing and joking.

IS have nothing on these terrorists.

tamig
19-10-2014, 05:28 PM
Well I have never been more shocked in my life. Lighting a smoke signal in broad daylight (albeit quite far away from other people) then posing for photos and laughing and joking.

IS have nothing on these terrorists.

That drummer's got the rhythm though.

GreenLake
19-10-2014, 05:43 PM
I agree Ross my point was about the police though who IMO shouldn't have let them in or at least have given them a full search.

Yes, it might require a "full" search. 13677 :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
19-10-2014, 05:54 PM

Tuxedo and bow tie for you the next time - quite right too! ;)

Scouse Hibee
19-10-2014, 06:03 PM
Certain folk attract the Police, pictures taken searches etc funny that eh!

over the line
19-10-2014, 06:36 PM
Certain folk attract the Police, pictures taken searches etc funny that eh!

I really am fighting the urge to say the obvious here............. ;):)

marinello59
19-10-2014, 06:42 PM

:greengrin

Scouse Hibee
19-10-2014, 06:53 PM

Keep fighting it pal :greengrin

oconnors_strip
19-10-2014, 07:28 PM

But people buy tickets and don't sit in the allocated seat. Eg yesterday about 2 kids to 1 seat where the smoke bombs were let off

silverhibee
19-10-2014, 07:34 PM

Scarred for life. :greengrin

Green Man
19-10-2014, 07:35 PM
On the subject of folk not sitting in the right seat - I paid at the gate and was given seats in row AA. As far as I could see there was no row AA - so I had no choice but to sit in the wrong seat.

Worked out well though, the press seats are quite comfy :greengrin

marinello59
19-10-2014, 07:44 PM
But people buy tickets and don't sit in the allocated seat. Eg yesterday about 2 kids to 1 seat where the smoke bombs were let off

There were people in front of me being told to sit where they liked.

Viva_Palmeiras
19-10-2014, 08:19 PM

Thats kinda my point... What does all seated give us (other than some - disputed - comfort) ?

Peevemor
19-10-2014, 08:30 PM
Thats kinda my point... What does all seated give us (other than some - disputed - comfort) ?

The right to open your stadium to the public (unfortunately).

LaMotta
19-10-2014, 09:47 PM
There were people in front of me being told to sit where they liked.

There was no allocated seating yesterday, it was sit where you like. This still still didn't stop some guy angrily telling a boy and his wee laddie to move out of "his seats".