PDA

View Full Version : Flares

Pages : 1 [2]

marinello59
19-10-2014, 09:56 PM
There was no allocated seating yesterday, it was sit where you like. This still still didn't stop some guy angrily telling a boy and his wee laddie to move out of "his seats".

Yet everybody had tickets with an allocated seat number on it.

R11Loaded
19-10-2014, 10:25 PM
Can we stop that abysmal stubbsy chant?

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

LaMotta
19-10-2014, 10:34 PM
Yet everybody had tickets with an allocated seat number on it.

Wifey who sold me the ticket said it was sit anywhere then a steward told me the same thing. Obviously not everyone was told this.

cabbageandribs1875
20-10-2014, 12:21 AM
Can we stop that abysmal stubbsy chant?

i agree :agree:

but only because i kept forgetting the words to it :)

R11Loaded
20-10-2014, 12:22 AM
i agree :agree:

but only because i kept forgetting the words to it :)

It's the second verse that gets me

BigT-Hibeez
20-10-2014, 12:39 AM
Erses, get them identified, prosecuted and banned.
Nothing wrong wi boys having a laugh and trying to create an atmosphere... What's more worrying is that only 2600 attended the match..

hibbymark
20-10-2014, 08:00 AM
Nothing wrong wi boys having a laugh and trying to create an atmosphere... What's more worrying is that only 2600 attended the match..

Over 2000 Hibs fans travel to a away game with a 5.30 kick of live on free tv on Saturday night in the second tier of Scottish football, after the start to the season we have had and on the back of a dismal 0-0 draw at home to the mighty Dumbarton I think that's a respectable number tbh . How many were you expecting to attend?

Leith Green
20-10-2014, 08:04 AM
Over 2000 Hibs fans travel to a away game with a 5.30 kick of live on free tv on Saturday night in the second tier of Scottish football, after the start to the season we have had and on the back of a dismal 0-0 draw at home to the mighty Dumbarton I think that's a respectable number tbh . How many were you expecting to attend?

Over 2000?

hibbymark
20-10-2014, 08:28 AM
Over 2000?

Certainly didn't look like more than 600 Livingston fans so yes I would say so

The Gorf
20-10-2014, 08:40 AM
Having a laugh and causing an injury are not the same. But maybe you don't realise that.

green&left
20-10-2014, 08:49 AM
Having a laugh and causing an injury are not the same. But maybe you don't realise that.

Thought it had been established there was no injury? But a bit of a panic attack?

Like the polices reaction it seems everything has been blown out of proportion. In a nutshell it seems a banger was let off and a smoke bomb let off with a kid getting very frightened. No 3rd degree burns to the face, no asthma attacks, no burst eardrums etc.

Regards to the crowd i'd say 1800 Hibbys with 800 home support would be about right.

Decent support none the less from us i'd say.

Quite enjoyed the 5.30pm kick-off too.

marinello59
20-10-2014, 09:08 AM
Thought it had been established there was no injury? But a bit of a panic attack?

Like the polices reaction it seems everything has been blown out of proportion. In a nutshell it seems a banger was let off and a smoke bomb let off with a kid getting very frightened. No 3rd degree burns to the face, no asthma attacks, no burst eardrums etc.

Regards to the crowd i'd say 1800 Hibbys with 800 home support would be about right.

You do know there is a difference between a panic attack and being a bit scared. It must have been terrifying for the kid and surely the majority of reasonable people would say that is unacceptable.

Thecat23
20-10-2014, 09:46 AM

I honestly still can't get my head around how folk condone this! Just shrug it off as "banter". Let's clear one thing up, this is illegal and the club can and prob will be fined! You may need time to let this sink in.

Secondly I see loads having a pop at the police. Imagine if someone was really hurt after the first one had gone off. The police would be slaughtered for not putting a stop to it in the first place. If you's are going to act like an ******** (not saying you) then be expected to be treated a bit heavy handed!

Chavs plain and simple acting the billy big time, **** all to so with adding to atmosphere as there is nothing better than when the crowd are all signing as one together without the illegal smoke bombs and bangers or whatever the hell these twatss bring in.

Personally I hope the lot are caught and banned for life! Teach the wee idiots a lesson! 10/16 years olds trying to impress the older chavs is nothing short of embarrassing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keith_M
20-10-2014, 09:58 AM

Chavs plain and simple acting the billy big time, **** all to so with adding to atmosphere as there is nothing better than when the crowd are all signing as one together without the illegal smoke bombs and bangers or whatever the hell these twatss bring in.

:agree:

They do not add to, and have no interest in, the atmosphere at the Stadium. They are nothing but attention seekers out to boost their 'street cred'.

If they want to add to the atmosphere, then they should take Flags to the game and join in the singing... but leave their Smoke Bombs, Fireworks, et al, at home.

Thecat23
20-10-2014, 10:00 AM
:agree:

They do not add to, and have no interest in, the atmosphere at the Stadium. They are nothing but attention seekers out to boost their 'street cred'.

If they want to add to the atmosphere, then they should take Flags to the game and join in the singing... but leave their Smoke Bombs, Fireworks, et al, at home.

Correct, all they want is to outdo each other and talk about it in the swing park after the game. Why not just come along back the team like you say with flags or just be vocal. I'm not sure they have the mentality tbh though so I won't hold my breath.

silverhibee
20-10-2014, 11:02 AM
You do know there is a difference between a panic attack and being a bit scared. It must have been terrifying for the kid and surely the majority of reasonable people would say that is unacceptable.

Who did this young kid attend the game with as he did look very young, when you see him being carried out you don't see any concerned parents chasing after the policeman to make sure there son is okay, was this kid part of the young kids causing the problems or was he just in the wrong place all on his own sitting in beside the troublesome kids and just unlucky where he decided to sit/ stand to watch the game and a innocent victim in all this.

I certainly wouldn't be letting my son to go to a night away game at the age of 12 unless he was in the company of a sensible adult.

marinello59
20-10-2014, 11:31 AM
Who did this young kid attend the game with as he did look very young, when you see him being carried out you don't see any concerned parents chasing after the policeman to make sure there son is okay, was this kid part of the young kids causing the problems or was he just in the wrong place all on his own sitting in beside the troublesome kids and just unlucky where he decided to sit/ stand to watch the game and a innocent victim in all this.

I certainly wouldn't be letting my son to go to a night away game at the age of 12 unless he was in the company of a sensible adult.

I'm guessing that the kid attended the game to watch Hibs? :confused:

Who do you get to take him then? :greengrin

Stantons Angel
20-10-2014, 12:23 PM

Maybe this will clarify it to him!

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/boy-carried-from-hibs-game-due-to-smoke-bombs-1-3577759

Geo_1875
20-10-2014, 01:20 PM
I honestly still can't get my head around how folk condone this! Just shrug it off as "banter". Let's clear one thing up, this is illegal and the club can and prob will be fined! You may need time to let this sink in.

Secondly I see loads having a pop at the police. Imagine if someone was really hurt after the first one had gone off. The police would be slaughtered for not putting a stop to it in the first place. If you's are going to act like an ******** (not saying you) then be expected to be treated a bit heavy handed!

Personally I hope the lot are caught and banned for life! Teach the wee idiots a lesson! 10/16 years olds trying to impress the older chavs is nothing short of embarrassing.

I'm not condoning any behaviour by Hibs fans but I'm not happy with Livingston and their ticketing arrangements. I had a ticket bought in advance as part of a group and because they decided to open cash gates and "tell punters to sit anywhere" we were unable to sit together to watch the game. If they'd stuck to their original strategy and made it all ticket it would also have made it easier for Hibs to identify the culprits from seat numbers and boot their ***** out the club.

silverhibee
20-10-2014, 01:43 PM
I'm guessing that the kid attended the game to watch Hibs? :confused:

Who do you get to take him then? :greengrin

I'm sure he did but who did he attend with, mum/dad, big brother, or did he just think at 12 years old, F it i will head along to Livingston to watch some football on my own, and just happened to be unlucky that he took a seat in amongst the trouble makers.

Grandparents seem the best bet. :greengrin

silverhibee
20-10-2014, 01:49 PM
I'm not condoning any behaviour by Hibs fans but I'm not happy with Livingston and their ticketing arrangements. I had a ticket bought in advance as part of a group and because they decided to open cash gates and "tell punters to sit anywhere" we were unable to sit together to watch the game. If they'd stuck to their original strategy and made it all ticket it would also have made it easier for Hibs to identify the culprits from seat numbers and boot their ***** out the club.

Wouldn't surprise me that all away games are now ticket only, but the problem is still there as some grounds have standing areas so how do the police pick people out then.

Thecat23
20-10-2014, 01:58 PM

That was stupid that they told the fans to sit anywhere when it had seat numbers. Maybe worth emailing them and explaining what happened so it won't happen next time!

Ringothedog
20-10-2014, 02:30 PM
I'm sure he did but who did he attend with, mum/dad, big brother, or did he just think at 12 years old, F it i will head along to Livingston to watch some football on my own, and just happened to be unlucky that he took a seat in amongst the trouble makers.

Grandparents seem the best bet. :greengrin

I went to darkheid in the early 70's by myself and I was only 12/13. I ended up in the Celtic end and cheered when Hibs equalised only to get loads of funny looks from the locals. You can get to games on your own at that age:agree:

lucky
20-10-2014, 02:44 PM
The biggest problem was the lack of more cash turnstiles. I qued over 30 minutes to get in. So when we did get in around 8 minutes into the game we just took a seat. Hibs have a big following in West Lothian so it was stupid not anticipate that fans would turn up on the night. As for being all ticket, unless the print at home option becomes available for away games, then out of town fans struggle to get to Edinburgh to buy tickets for games. Most don't trust Hibs/Royal Mail to get it right.

silverhibee
20-10-2014, 02:59 PM
I went to darkheid in the early 70's by myself and I was only 12/13. I ended up in the Celtic end and cheered when Hibs equalised only to get loads of funny looks from the locals. You can get to games on your own at that age:agree:

I would say in this day and age parents are more protective of what there young kids get up to nowadays and going to Livingston on your own would be a no no nowadays from most parents, back in the 70s folk trusted people a lot more, that can't be said in this day and age, to many weirdos out there stoating about.

oconnors_strip
20-10-2014, 03:02 PM

Lots of young lads attend hibs games with each other and no adults or parents with them. Some travel on our supporters bus, it's like a crèche at times

Aaron
20-10-2014, 03:23 PM
The biggest problem was the lack of more cash turnstiles. I qued over 30 minutes to get in. So when we did get in around 8 minutes into the game we just took a seat. Hibs have a big following in West Lothian so it was stupid not anticipate that fans would turn up on the night. As for being all ticket, unless the print at home option becomes available for away games, then out of town fans struggle to get to Edinburgh to buy tickets for games. Most don't trust Hibs/Royal Mail to get it right.

Lucky you - we queued almost an hour to get in missing the first 30 mins. It was a shambles.

20-10-2014, 05:15 PM
I can't believe some people are being so flippant about this tbh. Yes these guys are not "casuals" but they are still ********s that injured a wee laddie with their pathetic attempts at being "ultras" and caused a very unpleasant, negative atmosphere within the hibs support. I mean taking fireworks to the game?! That seriously is just beyond stupidity. The problem wasn't just that, it was also the sheer arrogance and hostility to other supporters who dared to stand up to them. There were some of them shouting abuse at fellow supporters and gesturing fights.

Then of course there was all the young laddies that looked about 11 tryna copy them and thinking they are hard after a blue WKD. One wee guy was swaying about pissed and determined to pick a fight to clearly show off to his pals. Was embarrassing to watch.

The guy in the video that BlackpoolHibs posted, with the white shirt on. Was he not the guy that got chucked out and was kicking off as he was held by stewards. ?

Billy Whizz
20-10-2014, 05:34 PM
That was stupid that they told the fans to sit anywhere when it had seat numbers. Maybe worth emailing them and explaining what happened so it won't happen next time!

This happens at most away grounds except Tynie

Ronniekirk
20-10-2014, 05:47 PM
Totally agree .i am in Paisley and couldn't of gone if there wasn't a cash gate open .but print at home for away games would solve that but no idea how practical that is to implement

percy veer
21-10-2014, 07:37 AM
I would say in this day and age parents are more protective of what there young kids get up to nowadays and going to Livingston on your own would be a no no nowadays from most parents, back in the 70s folk trusted people a lot more, that can't be said in this day and age, to many weirdos out there stoating about.

probabley the same amount of weridos at that time aswell, the saville era

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-10-2014, 11:37 AM
Nearly a certainty there will be flares let off this weekend. :rolleyes:

marinello59
21-10-2014, 11:46 AM

Thing is there are no more weirdos about than there was when we were kids. Your moving in to a whole new argument there though as it could be said that we are far to over protective as parents these days.

KdyHby
11-12-2015, 04:48 PM
http://footyawaydays.com/class-star-wars-choreography-by-cska-sofia-fans-last-night/

blackpoolhibs
11-12-2015, 05:03 PM
http://footyawaydays.com/class-star-wars-choreography-by-cska-sofia-fans-last-night/

Personally i just can't see the point in any of that? :confused:

Viva_Palmeiras
11-12-2015, 05:07 PM

Flares or smoke-bombs?

Did a match actually take place after that?

Probably wouldn't be happy taking my boy along to that unless he was out of the stand but even then but each to their own. Pyros in the hands of randoms who may have had a few shanties doesn't inspire me with confidence from a safety perspective.

Viva_Palmeiras
12-12-2015, 02:48 AM
"DECEMBER 11, 2015
I was there. It was during the second hald and the game was suspended for few minutes. There were two important things to consider here – the opportune moment for a choreography like this and the fact that we were sent to Bulgarian Seria C (the third level) due to financial problems and attacks from our rivals. In simple words we wanted to say that we will rise again (it does not matter how the movie ends)."

Keith_M
12-12-2015, 07:36 AM
Flares = Bad

jacomo
12-12-2015, 09:01 AM
probabley the same amount of weridos at that time aswell, the saville era

Very true.