PDA

View Full Version : Oxley Hull re-call? (He's staying, see post 137)

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-10-2014, 04:33 PM
@bbcburnsy: Steve Bruce says Steve Harper's muscle (bicep) has come away from the bone.Lenghty lay-off likely. Will re-call Mark Oxley from Hibs. #hcafc

:rolleyes:

hibee_girl
18-10-2014, 04:38 PM
Who would that leave us with?

GlasgowHibee
18-10-2014, 04:38 PM
Before the derby? Are we going to have time for an emergency loan? Combe in goals?

:confused::rolleyes:

Pretty Boy
18-10-2014, 04:39 PM
Can they do that? I wasn't sure you could recall what is technically an international loan.

Scottie
18-10-2014, 04:40 PM
The bad news keeps on coming.

Pretty Boy
18-10-2014, 04:42 PM
Who would that leave us with?

Combe, Perntreou and Brennan.

So a 40+ year old and 2 untried youngsters.

overdrive
18-10-2014, 04:43 PM
Goes to show that such a key position should not have been a loan

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2014, 04:43 PM
Dont think they can recall him until January?

overdrive
18-10-2014, 04:44 PM
Dont think they can recall him until January?

He's only here until January anyway isn't he?

Pretty Boy
18-10-2014, 04:44 PM
He's only here until January anyway isn't he?

Yep.

Big Frank
18-10-2014, 04:45 PM
The bad news keeps on coming.

all our own dealings.

its a wee bit outlandish, but Hibernian could go out and spend some cash and sign a keeper. Maybe for 3years or so.
We could have done this preseaon :wink:

R'Albin
18-10-2014, 04:47 PM
That's absolutely shocking from Hibs if true. This should never have been allowed to happen to our only proper keeper.

Hibs7
18-10-2014, 04:53 PM
Typical Hibs ..a half arsed team with a half arsed board !!

Pretty Boy
18-10-2014, 04:54 PM
We should maybe actually wait and see what happens in the week ahead before going absolutely mental no?

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-10-2014, 04:57 PM
Will Hull not be allowed to make an emergency signing of their own and maybe a player that is a a step up from Oxley?

StarMan10
18-10-2014, 05:14 PM
It would be suicide to have only one first team goalie in on loan for 6 months with a recall clause in the contract. Surely even Hibs couldn't be that stupid!

Houchy
18-10-2014, 05:16 PM
We should maybe actually wait and see what happens in the week ahead before going absolutely mental no?

You know that's not the Hibs fans way. Shoot first, ask questions later😊

PeterboroHibee
18-10-2014, 05:19 PM
Bruce has said they are going to recall him, so I assume he must have a clause in his contract. Disappointing if true, and although Hull have been unlucky with their injuries, it was the risk we took bringing in a loan player in such a key position. I imagine we will be able to get an emergency loan in but Oxley has looked solid so far.

thebakerboy
18-10-2014, 05:37 PM
Petr Cech anybody?????????

Cool_Hand_Luke
18-10-2014, 06:01 PM
Or Tomasz Kuszczak....

CallumLaidlaw
18-10-2014, 06:01 PM
From ESPN - A ruptured bicep for goalkeeper Steve Harper had sub keeper Eldin Jakupovic on as his replacement. With usual first-choice Allan McGregor already on the injury list with a shoulder injury, Bruce admitted he would have to recall Mark Oxley from loan at Hibernian in Scotland's Championship.

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/357603.html#SEwu4BWt1BuIqh3t.99

dp00
18-10-2014, 06:09 PM
It will be at end of window as can't play for two clubs in the same window

My_Wife_Camille
18-10-2014, 06:59 PM
Don't think he can play for another team while the windows closed, even if he is on loan

The_Horde
18-10-2014, 07:02 PM
You sure?..

My_Wife_Camille
18-10-2014, 07:05 PM
;4202154']You sure?..

Not in the slightest.

The_Horde
18-10-2014, 07:09 PM
Hibs can't just have a good time. There always has to be a down side!

AFKA5814_Hibs
18-10-2014, 07:13 PM
I would have thought with any goalkeeper loan deal there would be an option to recall unfortunately. Hopefully we can get an emergency goalie in before the derby.

Gus Fring
18-10-2014, 07:14 PM
Standard loans must end during a transfer window. A season long loan with a recall option can only be triggered during the January transfer window BUT a Goalkeeper can be recalled at anytime provided there is a recall clause in the contract.

I'm about 98% sure Oxley can be recalled.

yogi_campfire
18-10-2014, 07:18 PM
It would be suicide to have only one first team goalie in on loan for 6 months with a recall clause in the contract. Surely even Hibs couldn't be that stupid!

Do you pay attention to what get's reported when we sign players? The reason the loans from England all expire in January is UEFA has removed re-call clauses from cross border loan deals. It was always a risk but a pattern across Scottish football with English loans as the parent club wants an option to bring the player back if needed. And it gives us plenty of time to get a replacement sorted out.

CallumLaidlaw
18-10-2014, 07:18 PM
It will be at end of window as can't play for two clubs in the same window

So how was griffiths gonna play for us?

The Tubs
18-10-2014, 07:19 PM
Is it not normally the case that english clubs are reluctant to loan players to scottish clubs because, as they're being loaned out of their domestic league structure, the player must stay for the whole window?

Having said that, did that ayre laddie fae newcastle not bolt pretty quickly?

craigmounthibby
18-10-2014, 07:28 PM
He's a Hull player, so if they want him back, he's gone.

Disappointing - but the last time we played the cheats they chucked an untried young laddie in from the start, so looks like we'll have to do the same.

dmc1875
18-10-2014, 07:43 PM
According to the Daily Ranger Steve Bruce has confirmed Oxley will be back at Hull start of the week.

hibsbollah
18-10-2014, 07:47 PM
Bad news.

Viva_Palmeiras
18-10-2014, 07:51 PM

Unfortunately that requires a mode change. Unfortunate but somewhat understandable

Diclonius
18-10-2014, 07:52 PM
According to the Daily Ranger Steve Bruce has confirmed Oxley will be back at Hull start of the week.

Perntreou better be ready. :aok:

blaikie
18-10-2014, 07:54 PM

Victor Valdes is available on a free ....

In all seriousness this is a blow Alan Combe or one of the u19s!!

SMAXXA
18-10-2014, 08:00 PM
He's going nowhere stop panicking and having cheap digs at the club

dp00
18-10-2014, 08:05 PM
Even if he does go, we play the young guy and no make a massive issue out of it, only heaps pressure on him

Gus Fring
18-10-2014, 08:19 PM
He's going nowhere stop panicking and having cheap digs at the club

You heard something? Steve Bruce thinks he's going back to Hull. Why would he lie about it?

bingo70
18-10-2014, 08:24 PM
You heard something? Steve Bruce thinks he's going back to Hull. Why would he lie about it?

Bruce's quote said he'd recall him from his loan. That doesn't mean he could do it immediately.

I know technically his loan finished in January but I'm sure had things gone well it would have been a year long loan deal.

Sir David Gray
18-10-2014, 08:24 PM
Maybe this will be our opportunity to sign Leigh Griffiths on an emergency loan deal and say that we're playing him in goal.

Then we'll put him up front next week, he'll score a hat-trick against the Jambos and our actual goalkeeper, Kleton Perntreou, won't have a save to make.

Easy. :aok:

danhibees1875
18-10-2014, 09:16 PM
:faf:

This is just getting funny now. Nothing ever goes right...

monktonharp
18-10-2014, 09:22 PM
:faf:

This is just getting funny now. Nothing ever goes right... you've got it all wrong. it should read, If you ever thought it would go well for Hibernian and their supporters, your a dreamer. anything nasty that could happen during a derby, will happen to Hibernian, not their opponents.

CallumLaidlaw
18-10-2014, 09:25 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/18/25ab927e15ffaa6f3a981af48b80c256.jpg

R11Loaded
18-10-2014, 09:33 PM

PETRIEEEEE

For the record, oxley is a decent keeper but I'll state that him in the premier league sounds horrific!

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

Speedy
18-10-2014, 09:40 PM
I don't really understand why they'd be that bothered about getting him back.

McGregor is due back in a month or so and Oxley would only be on the bench until then anyway. Surely they have an u21 keeper they could put on the bench for 3 games.

If Jakupovic gets injured then I can see why they'd want to recall him then.

Andy74
18-10-2014, 09:44 PM
Pretty certain he can't be recalled.

hibbytam
18-10-2014, 10:02 PM

That's how I understand it. We hold his registration, and that cannot be transferred until the window opens.
(I think/hope)

Golden Bear
18-10-2014, 10:06 PM
All depends what was written into the contract and right now we don't have that information.

Forza Fred
18-10-2014, 10:33 PM

He might be gone by end of January window, but not as silly as it sounds.

If he stays then CHelseas other back up goalie, Australia,a most capped player Mark Schwarzer could be available.

He certainly knows all about the famous Ediburgh Hibees:wink:

Andy74
18-10-2014, 10:37 PM
All depends what was written into the contract and right now we don't have that information.

I don't think it was possible to have a recall option put in this type of loan.

One of the issues getting clubs in England to agree to players coming to Scotland is that they can't get them back until the end of the loan.

boab1875
18-10-2014, 11:10 PM
He's a Hull player, so if they want him back, he's gone.

Disappointing - but the last time we played the cheats they chucked an untried young laddie in from the start, so looks like we'll have to do the same.

Unfortunately this is true. They will be able to recall him immediately as is the case with almost all loan contracts. He is a Hull player and they call the shots as long as he is under contract with them. The only times where the parent club cannot recall loanees straight away is where there is a specific clause in the contract that states this such as Falcao to Manchester United. Monaco agreed not to recall until the end of the season regardless of what happens. But this is a big money loan involving two of the world's richest clubs. This was reported on Sky Sports News as a "special case" on transfer deadline day. Can't see this being the case with Oxley and Steve Bruce has already confirmed he will report to training next week.

Once again this is typical Hibs, we must be the most unlucky club in the world. Terrible news going into a derby and indeed the rest of the season if we cannot find an adequate replacement. I personally think he has been outstanding so far.

Ronniekirk
18-10-2014, 11:22 PM
Unfortunately this is true. They will be able to recall him immediately as is the case with almost all loan contracts. He is a Hull player and they call the shots as long as he is under contract with them. The only times where the parent club cannot recall loanees straight away is where there is a specific clause in the contract that states this such as Falcao to Manchester United. Monaco agreed not to recall until the end of the season regardless of what happens. But this is a big money loan involving two of the world's richest clubs. This was reported on Sky Sports News as a "special case" on transfer deadline day. Can't see this being the case with Oxley and Steve Bruce has already confirmed he will report to training next week.

Once again this is typical Hibs, we must be the most unlucky club in the world. Terrible news going into a derby and indeed the rest of the season if we cannot find an adequate replacement. I personally think he has been outstanding so far.
I thought when we got him it said he was fourth in line so they didn't need him . so have they lost two keepers to injury ?

J-C
18-10-2014, 11:26 PM
Hibs could get an emergency loan for a keeper done in time but surprised Hull are allowed to recall outwith the transfer window, I didn't hink that was possible.

Sir David Gray
18-10-2014, 11:27 PM
I thought when we got him it said he was fourth in line so they didn't need him . so have they lost two keepers to injury ?

:agree: Harper and McGregor.

boab1875
18-10-2014, 11:28 PM

yeah he is 4th in line, but I remember Alan McGregor getting injured recently as well and they said he would be out for at least a month. With Harper injured long term as well, Oxley will be needed as backup to whoever their third choice is hence the recall. This would only happen to us. Can't believe it

GordonHFC
18-10-2014, 11:28 PM

Yes. McGregor and Harper.

jgl07
18-10-2014, 11:37 PM
All is I know is that when Manchester City had Joe Hart on loan at Birmingham and Shay Given was injured they were unable to recall him even though their second and third choice goalkeepers were both already out. City had only a Faroese youth team goalkeeper on the books and were eventually allowed to loan another goalkeeper (not a very good one) and this was a major factor in City failing to qualify for the Champions League that season.

Steve Bruce is probably talking crap.

boab1875
18-10-2014, 11:56 PM
All is I know is that when Manchester City had Joe Hart on loan at Birmingham and Shay Given was injured they were unable to recall him even though their second and third choice goalkeepers were both already out. City had only a Faroese youth team goalkeeper on the books and were eventually allowed to loan another goalkeeper (not a very good one) and this was a major factor in City failing to qualify for the Champions League that season.

can we just stop this please. Steve Bruce is not lying. The fact that we want him to stay doesn't justify making these kinds of statements. there are numerous examples where players have been recalled at the drop of a hat and the manager of Hull isn't going to publicly state a player will be recalled unless that will actually happen and it is contractually possible. He will be recalled. what we should be debating is who the replacement should be, not getting hung up on denying reality. Accept it and move on.

Speedy
18-10-2014, 11:58 PM

Funnily enough, he's at Motherwell now.

SunshineOnLeith
18-10-2014, 11:59 PM

There's a lot of contenders on Hibs.net these days, but this is possibly my favourite ever use of "typical Hibs" :faf:

Our on-loan goalie's parent club's first choice goalie suffered a serious injury, TYPICAL! :grr:

Gus Fring
19-10-2014, 12:01 AM
Mark Oxley has been recalled to Hull by Steve Bruce previously in similar circumstances last season

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11714/9235541/oxley-recalled-by-tigers

CallumLaidlaw
19-10-2014, 12:05 AM
Didn't Dean Saunders say that he wanted to recall Leigh when he came in at Wolves but couldn't because of cross border loan deals not allowing it?

tamig
19-10-2014, 12:07 AM
There's a lot of contenders on Hibs.net these days, but this is possibly my favourite ever use of "typical Hibs" :faf:

Our on-loan goalie's parent club's first choice goalie suffered a serious injury, TYPICAL! :grr:

Think you've totally missed the point.

boab1875
19-10-2014, 12:18 AM

Struggling to see how you have failed to grasp my point. as I am talking to fellow Hibs fans, I would imagine it was fairly obvious what I was getting at. It wasn't the specific situation that was "typical Hibs" only that it is the latest in a long list of awful luck that has come our way. I could list countless examples of this but don't really have time to do so as there are too many. If you somehow think we have been lucky in recent times then I would be happy to hear your view on this.

SunshineOnLeith
19-10-2014, 12:27 AM
Struggling to see how you have failed to grasp my point. as I am talking to fellow Hibs fans, I would imagine it was fairly obvious what I was getting at. It wasn't the specific situation that was "typical Hibs" only that it is the latest in a long list of awful luck that has come our way. I could list countless examples of this but don't really have time to do so as there are too many. If you somehow think we have been lucky in recent times then I would be happy to hear your view on this.

When has anything even remotely analogous to an on-loan goalie (potentially) being recalled due to an injury at his parent club afflicted us? Hearts had to pitch a rookie youngster in between the sticks against us earlier this season, sh*t happens. They didn't wail about being the unluckiest team in the world though, they got on with it and beat us.

I don't think we've been either lucky or unlucky, we've been terrible but that's down to football matches, not luck.

Hibeesmad
19-10-2014, 12:30 AM
I liked Ben Williams in his first season and I've liked what I've seen of The Ox so far, hopefully things get sorted out and when hull have all keepers fit again we can get him on a longer deal

bingo70
19-10-2014, 05:51 AM
Mark Oxley has been recalled to Hull by Steve Bruce previously in similar circumstances last season

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11714/9235541/oxley-recalled-by-tigers

Wasn't similar circumstances though as this is classed as an international transfer. Cross border loans can't be recalled during a transfer window.

HFC 0-7
19-10-2014, 08:13 AM

One of the issues getting clubs in England to agree to players coming to Scotland is that they can't get them back until the end of the loan.

Outfield players can't be recalled until there is a window, goalkeepers are different, they can have it written into their contracts that they can be recalled at any time. Wouldn't see why they wouldn't put this into oxleys contract when it's standard for goalkeeper loans.

Andy74
19-10-2014, 08:26 AM
can we just stop this please. Steve Bruce is not lying. The fact that we want him to stay doesn't justify making these kinds of statements. there are numerous examples where players have been recalled at the drop of a hat and the manager of Hull isn't going to publicly state a player will be recalled unless that will actually happen and it is contractually possible. He will be recalled. what we should be debating is who the replacement should be, not getting hung up on denying reality. Accept it and move on.

Still think you are wrong. We will see.

greenlex
19-10-2014, 08:33 AM
He's the best we have but long term I don't think he is the answer. Depends who comes in as a replacement I suppose. We could sign Andy Goram and get two for ye price of one.

greenginger
19-10-2014, 09:05 AM
http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/regulations_on_the_status_and_transfer_of_players_ en_33410.pdf

Here's FIFA rules on International transfers. Article 10 para 2 states loans have to be minimum of between 2 transfer windows.

Can't see any exceptions for goalkeepers or emergencies.

Ronniekirk
19-10-2014, 09:46 AM
:agree: Harper and McGregor.
Geeze that is hard luck right enough on them .But Leeann said she was in charge of contracts given some of the stuff she uncovered when she came in so unless she has agreed to a clause being included that gives them option of a recall I would think I won't happen .Even if it does I would imagine Stubbs could use his contacts down soth to bring in someone on Emergency basis Who have Everton got on thier books

southsider
19-10-2014, 10:05 AM
So how was griffiths gonna play for us?
Emergency loan as we and celtic are in different league's. Allowable by SFA

Billy McKirdy
19-10-2014, 10:07 AM
The biggest bedwetting thread of the week.

He either stays or he goes, as it stands there is no mention of him going anywhere only hysterical assumptions from all.

This is typical Hibs fans greeting and whining over the fear of the worst case scenario which has not even happened.

Keith_M
19-10-2014, 10:14 AM
Surely the main issue is that Hibs first-choice keeper is some guy on a six month loan.

I said at the start of the season that this was a crazy situation.

Salisbury Hibby
19-10-2014, 10:18 AM
Surely the main issue is that Hibs first-choice keeper is some guy on a six month loan.

Absolutely - this needs answered (although I suspect that it is because we are skint).

Eyrie
19-10-2014, 10:21 AM
I think the most likely explanation is that Bruce has assumed Oxley can be recalled but is unaware that won't be possible due to the loan being to a different country.

So the probable outcome is that Hull will be allowed to get an emergency loan of a keeper from an English club.

PeterboroHibee
19-10-2014, 11:31 AM

I agree. Im happy with Oxley but we have always been at risk losing him in January. Its not really good enough for such a key position.

portycabbage
19-10-2014, 11:42 AM
Emergency loan as we and celtic are in different league's. Allowable by SFA

I think we could actually get an emergency loan from any team in Scotland, including the same league - it's because we're not in the top league that we could get "emergency"/short term loans (rather than being in a different league to celtc). As far as I can remember anyway.

HIBERNIAN-0762
19-10-2014, 11:48 AM
I agree. Im happy with Oxley but we have always been at risk losing him in January. Its not really good enough for such a key position.

Agreed, this position should be a priority and a permanent one.

bingo70
19-10-2014, 12:05 PM

He either stays or he goes, as it stands there is no mention of him going anywhere only hysterical assumptions from all.

This is typical Hibs fans greeting and whining over the fear of the worst case scenario which has not even happened.

There is mention of him going back by Steve Bruce who said he was being recalled so I think the topic warrants discussion without it being called bed wetting.

Scouse Hibee
19-10-2014, 12:18 PM

The obligatory bed wetting pish response to a post on here, there is mention of Steve Bruce saying he will recall him so of course you would expect the impact that may have on us to be discussed on this forum.

basehibby
19-10-2014, 12:21 PM

:agree: You were not the only one - apart from leaving us wide open to this sort of eventuality, my beef was that such a key position deserves to be filled by a key player around whom a defence can be molded. There has been too much chopping and changing around the number one jersey over the last few seasons and this was never going to be remedied with a six month loan deal.

greenlex
19-10-2014, 12:25 PM
:agree: You were not the only one - apart from leaving us wide open to this sort of eventuality, my beef was that such a key position deserves to be filled by a key player around whom a defence can be molded. There has been too much chopping and changing around the number one jersey over the last few seasons and this was never going to be remedied with a six month loan deal.
Apart from Williams who was in the jersey for a good bit before moving on.

greenlex
19-10-2014, 12:28 PM
Absolutely - this needs answered (although I suspect that it is because we are skint).
I suspect it's more to do with the player or their club only committing to six months as its in both their interests to do so. A six month loan is nothing to do with being skint unless we are not going to play with a keeper post January.

Crazyhorse
19-10-2014, 01:09 PM
The obligatory bed wetting pish response to a post on here, there is mention of Steve Bruce saying he will recall him so of course you would expect the impact that may have on us to be discussed on this forum.

"bed wetting pish response" I like it!

As others have mentioned to have your first choice keeper on a 6 month loan is clearly a daft position to be in for any club. This is just an indisputable fact. A good win by Hibs (which we are all delighted to see) has brought out the happy clappers who worship at the Petrie/Farmer altar and who will be targeting the heretics who ask awkward questions, point out uncomfortable truths and generally refuse to behave like true believers.

If we get promoted this season it will have been a adequate (and only adequate) recovery from a shambles. If we don't get promoted it will be a disastrous continuation of the shambolic management of our club over the past half decade.

Danderhall Hibs
19-10-2014, 01:14 PM
Can't believe we never got a "no return" clause added in (like the one Booth had last year) on a loan deal like this!

silverhibee
19-10-2014, 01:16 PM
you've got it all wrong. it should read, If you ever thought it would go well for Hibernian and their supporters, your a dreamer. anything nasty that could happen during a derby, will happen to Hibernian, not their opponents.

:tee hee:

silverhibee
19-10-2014, 01:22 PM
Pretty certain he can't be recalled.

Would it not be the case that if he was recalled he wouldn't be able to play for Hull until January. :confused::greengrin

silverhibee
19-10-2014, 01:33 PM

So the manager of Hull who will be one of the folk who will no if Oxley can be recalled and said it will happen is talking crap.

Sure we will find out who is talking crap in the next day or so, and i doubt it will be Steve Bruce.

Sir David Gray
19-10-2014, 01:58 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29680305

Steve Bruce seems to think he can recall him.

I highly doubt the manager of the parent club in a loan deal situation would be unsure as to whether or not he could recall that player or not.

blackpoolhibs
19-10-2014, 02:04 PM
I think it might just be that Steve Bruce does not properly know the rules of the loan deal?

Andy74
19-10-2014, 03:31 PM
So the manager of Hull who will be one of the folk who will no if Oxley can be recalled and said it will happen is talking crap.

Sure we will find out who is talking crap in the next day or so, and i doubt it will be Steve Bruce.

I think Bruce is confused to be honest.

Eyrie
19-10-2014, 07:08 PM
I think the most likely explanation is that Bruce has assumed Oxley can be recalled but is unaware that won't be possible due to the loan being to a different country.

So the probable outcome is that Hull will be allowed to get an emergency loan of a keeper from an English club.

I think it might just be that Steve Bruce does not properly know the rules of the loan deal?

I think Bruce is confused to be honest.

Great minds think alike :wink:

I suspect it's more to do with the player or their club only committing to six months as its in both their interests to do so. A six month loan is nothing to do with being skint unless we are not going to play with a keeper post January.

The discussion at the time was that the six month loan was a direct result of Hull not being able to recall him during the loan period because it counted as an international transfer. Instead this gave them the option to get him back in January whilst leaving it open to extend the deal to the end of the season if they didn't need him.

OsloHibs
19-10-2014, 07:20 PM
Oh no! I really like Oxley.

Why do we never get some luck at Hibs?

Jonnyboy
19-10-2014, 07:33 PM

:agree:

brog
19-10-2014, 07:37 PM
Great minds think alike :wink:

The discussion at the time was that the six month loan was a direct result of Hull not being able to recall him during the loan period because it counted as an international transfer. Instead this gave them the option to get him back in January whilst leaving it open to extend the deal to the end of the season if they didn't need him.

Fits with my recall also. I'm surprised at so many posters making the assumption that Steve Bruce will fully understand the Oxley loan situation. Firstly, SB's involvement was probably limited to his agreeing to a loan move & secondly it's long been my experience that professional footballers are often lamentably ignorant when it comes to the laws of the game. I believe/hope that the Ox will be here until Jan at minimum.

Jonny1875
19-10-2014, 07:48 PM
Hopefully this isn't true been very solid since he came in.:agree:

Salisbury Hibby
19-10-2014, 08:01 PM
It certainly suggests that pennies are being pinched when all we have is a loan, a coach and an under 20 covering the position.

OsloHibs
19-10-2014, 08:26 PM
Read from others on another site that he said he's going back on his twitter :dead:

Peevemor
19-10-2014, 08:26 PM
It certainly suggests that pennies are being pinched when all we have is a loan, a coach and an under 20 covering the position.

Or maybe Alan Stubbs didn't see anyone else he fancied and went for the Oxley/loan option until he found someone else (or even Oxley himself eventually).

There are less keepers around than any other position.

EdinMike
19-10-2014, 08:28 PM
Mark Oxley ‏@markoxley1 (https://twitter.com/markoxley1) 21m21 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/markoxley1/status/523927815646109697)
Homeland o'clock

The TV show or a subtle hint... He's a crafty one that Ox !

grunt
19-10-2014, 08:31 PM
Mark Oxley ‏@markoxley1 (https://twitter.com/markoxley1)21m21 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/markoxley1/status/523927815646109697)
Homeland o'clock

The TV show or a subtle hint... He's a crafty one that Ox !well he posted a similar tweet this time last week - I think he just likes the C4 programme

AFKA5814_Hibs
19-10-2014, 08:34 PM
Mark Oxley ‏@markoxley1 (https://twitter.com/markoxley1) 21m21 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/markoxley1/status/523927815646109697)
Homeland o'clock

The TV show or a subtle hint... He's a crafty one that Ox !

A wee look on his Twitter page shows he tweeted last week about watching Homeland, so unless he has a crystal ball and knew this injury was going to happen I think he just likes the programme Homeland. 😉

NadeAteMyLunch!
19-10-2014, 09:11 PM

lord bunberry
19-10-2014, 09:31 PM
I worry now that if he doesn't go back we might have a player who would rather be somewhere else. I'm sure his main goal is to make it in the premiership and probably looks at this as a great opportunity.

Pretty Boy
19-10-2014, 09:34 PM
I worry now that if he doesn't go back we might have a player who would rather be somewhere else. I'm sure his main goal is to make it in the premiership and probably looks at this as a great opportunity.

I follow him on Twitter and Selsport (his glove sponsor) post articles about him a lot as well, he's always saying how much he is enjoying being up here and loving being at Hibs.

I'm sure he does have aspirations of playing at a higher level, every player should, but I get the feeling he's happy enough learning his trade at ER just now and may well prefer to be here and playing than 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice at Hull.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
19-10-2014, 09:40 PM
He might be gone by end of January window, but not as silly as it sounds.

If he stays then CHelseas other back up goalie, Australia,a most capped player Mark Schwarzer could be available.

He certainly knows all about the famous Ediburgh Hibees:wink:

Have you done a number on him Forza? :greengrin

lord bunberry
19-10-2014, 09:41 PM
I follow him on Twitter and Selsport (his glove sponsor) post articles about him a lot as well, he's always saying how much he is enjoying being up here and loving being at Hibs.

I'm sure he does have aspirations of playing at a higher level, every player should, but I get the feeling he's happy enough learning his trade at ER just now and may well prefer to be here and playing than 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice at Hull.
I hope you're right.

Glory Lurker
19-10-2014, 09:43 PM

Good work! :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
19-10-2014, 10:26 PM

Naw, I don't think he posts on .net, mate. I assume that's what you meant :-D

O'Rourke3
19-10-2014, 11:15 PM
I struggle to think of any contract that states "If you have a contract with me I cannot recall you in exceptional circumstances". Surely the clue is in the word loan. I'm pretty sure the contact between Newcastle and Hibs for Phil Airey was cross border but somehow both parties came to an arrangement and the homesick Geordie made his way back down the A1. If Hull want it, Hull will get it and there's hee haw we can do about it. Given Hearts played their recalled loanee in the last game why should we be so scared of playing our own debutee. More often than not that tends to work out.

GreenLake
20-10-2014, 03:34 AM
I hope he comes back if he does go down there to add cover.

Forza Fred
20-10-2014, 05:22 AM
Have you done a number on him Forza? :greengrin

Top keeper, top bloke and donated one of his Middlesbrough strips a few years ago for one of our fund raising auctions down here a few years ago

Turkish Green
20-10-2014, 07:15 AM
Loan contracts for goalkeepers are different from those of outfield players. Goalkeepers on loan can be recalled at any time.

If I recall correctly the yams recalled their young keeper from Stenny when Alexander and his No 2 (the ex-Rangers; keeper) got injured and also signed Hollis on a short-term emergency loan as the young keeper was cup-tied with Stenny...

My only question is if the rules are the same for cross-border loans.

Hamish
20-10-2014, 07:23 AM
Loan contracts for goalkeepers are different from those of outfield players. Goalkeepers on loan can be recalled at any time.

If I recall correctly the yams recalled their young keeper from Stenny when Alexander and his No 2 (the ex-Rangers; keeper) got injured and also signed Hollis on a short-term emergency loan as the young keeper was cup-tied with Stenny...

My only question is if the rules are the same for cross-border loans.

This appears to be the point that Steve Bruce and the Daily Expratt are unaware of

Andy74
20-10-2014, 07:35 AM
I struggle to think of any contract that states "If you have a contract with me I cannot recall you in exceptional circumstances". Surely the clue is in the word loan. I'm pretty sure the contact between Newcastle and Hibs for Phil Airey was cross border but somehow both parties came to an arrangement and the homesick Geordie made his way back down the A1. If Hull want it, Hull will get it and there's hee haw we can do about it. Given Hearts played their recalled loanee in the last game why should we be so scared of playing our own debutee. More often than not that tends to work out.

Nothing to do with contracts. It's the rules governing cross border loans. So yeah there's plenty we can do about it if the rules say the registration can't be transferred back until the next window.

easty
20-10-2014, 07:40 AM
I want him to stay, but...he's thier player, if they need him back they should be allowed to take him back, in my opinion. I'd think differently if we'd paid them a hefty fee to take him on loan, like Falcao to Man Utd, but I'm pretty sure that's not the case here.

greenginger
20-10-2014, 07:45 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2799521/hibs-boss-stubbs-insists-bruce-t-recall-loan-stopper-oxley-january-hull-facing-eeper-crisis.html

Alan Stubbs seems to agree with the Hibs.net rule readers.

BoltonHibee
20-10-2014, 08:08 AM

This is correct Andy

Jim44
20-10-2014, 08:24 AM
If Hull desperately want Oxley to return, despite a technicality preventing this, I think we should seriously look at the situation before banging the table demanding our rights that he stays here, come hell or high water. Insisting that he stays, will probably cause severe friction between the clubs, which is not in our interests in terms of future business and I suspect also that Oxley himself is not averse to returning immediately. I think we should bite the bullet and play the U20 keeper against the Jambos. After all, what the hell would we have had to do if Oxley had been injured. By relaxing the rules, it could work in our favour that Oxley could return in a couple of weeks and also be available for a further loan in January.

Islington Hibs
20-10-2014, 08:30 AM
If Hull desperately want Oxley to return, despite a technicality preventing this, I think we should seriously look at the situation before banging the table demanding our rights that he stays here, come hell or high water. Insisting that he stays, will probably cause severe friction between the clubs, which is not in our interests in terms of future business and I suspect also that Oxley himself is not averse to returning immediately. I think we should bite the bullet and play the U20 keeper against the Jambos. After all, what the hell would we have had to do if Oxley had been injured. By relaxing the rules, it could work in our favour that Oxley could return in a couple of weeks and also be available for a further loan in January.

I sort of agree with this. Some times it is not in ones interests to enforce the letter of the law.

Andy74
20-10-2014, 08:31 AM

Eh, no.

heretoday
20-10-2014, 08:33 AM
Let him go to Hull. If we keep the ball in Hearts half for most of the game it won't matter who's in goal anyway.

Turkish Green
20-10-2014, 08:38 AM
Let him go to Hull. If we keep the ball in Hearts half for most of the game it won't matter who's in goal anyway.
Never a truer word said.

The game is at ER. Shut the gates on the half way line. Game sorted.

The yams a weak defence. Pressure the big Turk and the chancs will come.

Oscar T Grouch
20-10-2014, 08:45 AM

This has nothing to do with either club, Stubbs is correct in what he is asserting, Bruce is wrong in thinking he can go. Them's the rules and neither club has a say in changing them. I think the Ox would prefer to be playing 1st team football every week than warming the bench, even if its in the EPL. This will cause no friction between the clubs, Bruce will find out he is incorrect and bring in a loanee from the English leagues, Ox might get recalled in January, but Hull may be over the injury crisis by then.

ElginHibbie
20-10-2014, 08:58 AM
This has nothing to do with either club, Stubbs is correct in what he is asserting, Bruce is wrong in thinking he can go. Them's the rules and neither club has a say in changing them. I think the Ox would prefer to be playing 1st team football every week than warming the bench, even if its in the EPL. This will cause no friction between the clubs, Bruce will find out he is incorrect and bring in a loanee from the English leagues, Ox might get recalled in January, but Hull may be over the injury crisis by then.

That's how I understand it as well, even if Ox did go back to Hull, he's registration would still be held in Scotland, which couldn't be transferred until 1st January, and so he couldn't be named in any squads without Hull being punished. Or at least I think that is what the rule mentioned refers to.

Also if I remember correctly I don't think MacGregor is out for too long, maybe a couple more weeks. So surely the FA would allow Hull to sign another clubs 3rd choice keeper on loan until then.

PeterboroHibee
20-10-2014, 09:16 AM

The problem with what you are saying is that if the rules that have been suggested in this thread are correct (which seems to be the case), he wouldnt be able to play for Hull even if we did let him go back. Stubbs has also backed this up so Im confident Oxley wont be leaving the club until at least January.

Hibbyradge
20-10-2014, 09:26 AM

I suspect Oxley wouldn't want to return to sit on the Hull bench.

There's no issue here anyway.

Hull can't recall him.

End of.

It won't cause any friction, because as you have pointed out, there are technical reasons preventing his return. Hibs have no say in the matter. We are contracted to him until January.

Turkish Green
20-10-2014, 09:59 AM
The answer to the loan question should be a simple YES or NO when Bruce and Stubbs speak with their respective commercial depts.

I suspect Bruce has made his comment without consulting Oxley's loan agreement. I hope Stubbs made his after reading it.

whiskas
20-10-2014, 10:02 AM
If Hull desperately want Oxley to return, despite a technicality preventing this, I think we should seriously look at the situation before banging the table demanding our rights that he stays here, come hell or high water. Insisting that he stays, will probably cause severe friction between the clubs, which is not in our interests in terms of future business and I suspect also that Oxley himself is not averse to returning immediately. I think we should bite the bullet and play the U20 keeper against the Jambos. After all, what the hell would we have had to do if Oxley had been injured. By relaxing the rules, it could work in our favour that Oxley could return in a couple of weeks and also be available for a further loan in January. The timing isn't great but thinking about it I'd be inclinded to let him go back as a goodwill gesture so we can re-sign him on loan in January for the rest of the season. I'm a fan of Oxley but I think from what I've seen of him Perntreou is good enough for this league although I'm concerned with Alan Combe being our only other cover in goal. Ultimately though it's not up to us or even Stubbs and Bruce but what the FA deem to be the rules.

PeterboroHibee
20-10-2014, 10:08 AM
The timing isn't great but thinking about it I'd be inclinded to let him go back as a goodwill gesture so we can re-sign him on loan in January for the rest of the season. I'm a fan of Oxley but I think from what I've seen of him Perntreou is good enough for this league although I'm concerned with Alan Combe being our only other cover in goal. Ultimately though it's not up to us or even Stubbs and Bruce but what the FA deem to be the rules.

As has been pointed out, even if Hibs allowed him to go back, he wouldnt be able to play for Hull (whether starting or on the bench), so it would be a pointless exercise.

Andy74
20-10-2014, 10:09 AM
The timing isn't great but thinking about it I'd be inclinded to let him go back as a goodwill gesture so we can re-sign him on loan in January for the rest of the season. I'm a fan of Oxley but I think from what I've seen of him Perntreou is good enough for this league although I'm concerned with Alan Combe being our only other cover in goal. Ultimately though it's not up to us or even Stubbs and Bruce but what the FA deem to be the rules.

Aye lets just give away our one proper keeper at a key point in the season. Mental.

Watched the young guy in preseason flapping at most things so not ready.

whiskas
20-10-2014, 10:10 AM
I also said
Ultimately though it's not up to us or even Stubbs and Bruce but what the FA deem to be the rules.

Mathias Jack
20-10-2014, 10:36 AM
BBC Humberside Sport ‏@HumbersideSport (https://twitter.com/HumbersideSport) 2m2 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/HumbersideSport/status/524145521628565504)
Hull City & Hibernian both confirm that Tigers keeper Mark Oxley cannot be recalled from his loan spell with the Scottish club

He's staying, end of!

bingo70
20-10-2014, 11:08 AM

Oops!

(Sorry silver, there were a few posts I could have picked out, I just came to yours first)

Argylehibby
20-10-2014, 11:12 AM
BBC Humberside Sport ‏@HumbersideSport (https://twitter.com/HumbersideSport) 2m2 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/HumbersideSport/status/524145521628565504)
Hull City & Hibernian both confirm that Tigers keeper Mark Oxley cannot be recalled from his loan spell with the Scottish club

He's staying, end of!

I wonder when BBC Scotland will catch up with their colleagues down south.

PatHead
20-10-2014, 11:22 AM
I wonder when BBC Scotland will catch up with their colleagues down south.

What BBC report on a good news story about Hibs? Move along nothing to see here.

bingo70
20-10-2014, 11:24 AM
What BBC report on a good news story about Hibs? Move along nothing to see here.

Tbf hibs haven't reported it either.

PatHead
20-10-2014, 11:26 AM

Good point....................PETRIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Odd how one part of BBC can report it and the other can't though.

Argylehibby
20-10-2014, 11:28 AM

They're a football club though not a national news agency. BBC would have quoted chapter and verse over the weekend and had a told you so comment on the website by now if it was Rangers goalkeeper that was going to be recalled.

Geo_1875
20-10-2014, 11:53 AM

TBF there's nothing to report.

Hibbyradge
20-10-2014, 12:00 PM

Zackly. :agree:

CallumLaidlaw
20-10-2014, 12:05 PM
Hibs didn't report that "there was a chance he'll be recalled" either tho, which the bbc inaccurately did. Hibs quite rightly don't have anything to 'mop up'. BBC reporting something without getting their facts right is hardly a surprise tho

bingo70
20-10-2014, 12:31 PM

It was in the national media that his parent company were going to recall him. If this was incorrect I think it wouldn't have done any harm to report that it was false. A lot of people still believe everything they read in the papers.

No big deal though.

Don Giovanni
20-10-2014, 12:59 PM

It's not so much "can't report it", more BBC Scotland has "little interest in reporting it". Their Humberside colleagues tweet was over 2hours ago and yet the top story on BBC Scotland football page is still about Oxley being recalled.

People can decide for themselves which prejudice has caused the discrepancy in the reporting but one thing is for certain - we get poor coverage and reporting from BBC Scotland compared to many other parts of the UK.

Wilson
20-10-2014, 01:11 PM

Hmm. But you have a fledgling manager using his own contacts to bring in someone he feels can do the job. If that is quality like the Ox for only six months then so be it. I'd rather that than another Zibi on a long deal.

I agree though that we could use some stability in the position. It will be the right player at the right time under Stubbs though. No more throwing contracts at goalies because they are tall and bring their own gloves!

silverhibee
20-10-2014, 01:20 PM
Oops!

(Sorry silver, there were a few posts I could have picked out, I just came to yours first)

Hands up, called it wrong, naughty corner for me. :thumbsup:

sleeping giant
20-10-2014, 04:25 PM
I want him to stay, but...he's thier player, if they need him back they should be allowed to take him back, in my opinion. I'd think differently if we'd paid them a hefty fee to take him on loan, like Falcao to Man Utd, but I'm pretty sure that's not the case here.

That's a bloody good point.

portycabbage
20-10-2014, 04:28 PM

Up on the Scottish football bit now -

Express still going with a load of made-up nonsense though -

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/524893/Hibs-keeper-crisis-after-Mark-Oxley-heads-back-to-Hull

Andy74
20-10-2014, 04:32 PM
That's a bloody good point.

It's not really. Clubs know the rules before agreeing to the loan.

greenginger
20-10-2014, 04:45 PM

No point in him going back. They could not play him as the Premiership would not re-register him until the January window.

iwasthere1972
20-10-2014, 05:53 PM
Said on SSN that Hull can't recall him so looks like Brucie knows less than some Hibs.net posters.

jgl07
20-10-2014, 06:07 PM
Do these people (useless journalists and Steve Bruce included) not understand the rules of the transfer window?

If they have problems fielding a goalkeeper they can sign a free agent or apply for an emergency loan from another club. They cannot renage on a deal before the window opens.

A bit of research before plastering it all over the news would have been helpful.

Sir David Gray
20-10-2014, 07:17 PM

I agree with this. I'm surprised that clubs have agreed to this rule.

It's not really. Clubs know the rules before agreeing to the loan.

I accept that point too and obviously clubs can't complain about a rule that they'll be fully aware of.

However I do agree with Easty. In my opinion, clubs should be able to recall players who are out on loan. They are fundamentally contracted to that club so they should be able to do what they like with that player.

I'm glad the rule is there in this case though as we would have been screwed for Sunday.

Salisbury Hibby
21-10-2014, 07:27 AM

I accept that point too and obviously clubs can't complain about a rule that they'll be fully aware of.

However I do agree with Easty. In my opinion, clubs should be able to recall players who are out on loan. They are fundamentally contracted to that club so they should be able to do what they like with that player.

I'm glad the rule is there in this case though as we would have been screwed for Sunday.
I disagree that clubs should be able to recall loans. I don't even think they should be allowed to request a player's return.

This is to protect the club who receives the player on loan - otherwise the whole loan system becomes undermined.

How would you like it if your mortgage lender demanded their money back despite you keeping to the terms of the agreement?

monktonharp
21-10-2014, 10:06 AM

I'm glad the rule is there in this case though as we would have been screwed for Sunday.don't agree. was there not the same argument when we could have done with the return of Booth, when he was with Raith last season? AND I am sure he actually played against us in the team that put us oot o' the cup???

Ringothedog
21-10-2014, 11:12 AM
Up on the Scottish football bit now -

Express still going with a load of made-up nonsense though -

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/524893/Hibs-keeper-crisis-after-Mark-Oxley-heads-back-to-Hull

To be fair the express article is dated Sunday 19/10/14. It only became clear he could and would not be recalled yesterday

Geo_1875
21-10-2014, 11:38 AM
To be fair the express article is dated Sunday 19/10/14. It only became clear he could and would not be recalled yesterday

To be fair it was clear he could not be recalled when the rules were drawn up. Football "journalists" should maybe know their subject a bit better.

SunshineOnLeith
21-10-2014, 07:06 PM
A lot of people have a 'Football Manager' view of the loan system, and think that unless it's a Falcao type situation, it's completely free. To the contrary, there are fees involved in the transfer of registration etc, particularly where it's an international loan. These may not be the millions of pounds that high-profile deals attract but they are still a real cost, borne by the club loaning the player, and therefore it seems fair to me that these deals are protected in this way.

SunshineOnLeith
21-10-2014, 07:08 PM
To be fair it was clear he could not be recalled when the rules were drawn up. Football "journalists" should maybe know their subject a bit better.

The Express article really is a lesson to journalists - don't make up facts to try and report the 'conclusion' of a story unless you're absolutely sure that conclusion is going to reached :greengrin

bingo70
21-10-2014, 07:17 PM
The Express article really is a lesson to journalists - don't make up facts to try and report the 'conclusion' of a story unless you're absolutely sure that conclusion is going to reached :greengrin

Without reading the story was it not that they just trusted Bruce to know what he's talking about rather than them just making stories up.

I agree they should know the rules better though. Its their job to know what they're talking about.

SunshineOnLeith
21-10-2014, 08:11 PM
Without reading the story was it not that they just trusted Bruce to know what he's talking about rather than them just making stories up.

I agree they should know the rules better though. Its their job to know what they're talking about.

The headline is "Hibs keeper crisis after Mark Oxley heads back to Hull" - past tense.

And the by-line is "HIBS manager Alan Stubbs will today start the scramble to find a new goalkeeper ahead of Sunday’s must-win Edinburgh derby." - no ambiguity about it, Oxley's gone.

In Iain Macfarlane's defence, he probably didn't write either of those and the story itself does seem to rely more on a simple belief it was going to happen, but the sub-editor or whoever that wrote the headline and by-line has clearly thought that reporting it as having already happened is more interesting, and will therefore generate more clicks, than the suggestion that it might happen.

Incidentally, I think this thread has got a bit carried away with Steve Bruce's comments without looking at what he actually said, and the context in which he did so.

He was asked in an interview about his newly-emerged goalkeeping crisis and answered in an off-the-cuff, thinking out loud sort of way that he's got a goalie out on loan so maybe that's an option. I don't think it's fair to be overly critical that he hadn't thought the whole situation out at that point.

I saw one poster in the early stages of this thread somehow translate that into him "confirming Oxley was reporting for training" as part of the general "Hibs are the unluckiest Club in the world" shtick that was prevailing.

portycabbage
21-10-2014, 08:22 PM

True, but it still appears to be on their website thingy now!

http://www.express.co.uk/search/hibs/?s=hibs

--------
22-10-2014, 12:03 PM

I think there needs to be a degree of stability for the clubs taking the players on loan.

Loan deals don't just work to the advantage of the clubs borrowing the player - the clubs who loan the players out get a benefit, too. Hibs have loaned a number of young player to smaller clubs and gained the benefit of those players gaining experience and fitness through extended runs playing first-team football, albeit in a lower league.

These arrangements would have been a lot less likely to have happened if the other clubs had been aware that they were likely to lose the players' services on a couple of days' notice.

Callum Booth was loaned to Raith specifically for the season - presumably someone at Hibs considered it would be best for him o have an extended settled period at Starks Park rather than go there no knowing whether he would complete the season or not. (It seems to have worked, anyway.) But IMO it should be a standard clause in all loan contracts that loaned-out layers do not play against their parent clubs.

(That, and the Sanity Clause as well ... :wink:)

True, but it still appears to be on their website thingy now!

http://www.express.co.uk/search/hibs/?s=hibs

The UKIP Times knows absolutely nothing about Scottish football.