PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Else Pretty Relaxed About Our Current Situation?

Dashing Bob S
18-10-2014, 04:28 PM
I'm confident that Stubbs and Dempster are getting it right. Come Christmas I'll get agitated if we're not cutting the mustard.

I suggest we should all relax, get behind the team and start to enjoy things. No good ever came of excessive moaning and knee jerk whining.

HFC 0-7
18-10-2014, 04:31 PM
I'm confident that Stubbs and Dempster getting it right. Come Christmas I'll get agitated if we're not cutting the mustard.

I suggest we should all relax, get behind the team and start to enjoy things. No good ever came of excessive moaning and knee jerk whining.

We shouldn't have to wait til Xmas to become good. It's also pretty hard to relax when our supposed biggest rivals are beating teams easily. We shouldn't be in a position where we are confident of them getting it right, we should be in a position where we are confident of them keeping it right.

Remember, we are in the championship!

Bostonhibby
18-10-2014, 04:31 PM
I'm confident that Stubbs and Dempster getting it right. Come Christmas I'll get agitated if we're not cutting the mustard.

:agree: What choice do we have? feeling more and more like we don't matter much to the big two running my club so I am just going to get on with it despite them, hell I have even put money on us tonight now that I see we have been able to assemble a team of sorts, off to watch it in Gaelic now - I am sure we can use the change in language to our advantage as we are bound to have a gaelic coach.

Greencore
18-10-2014, 04:56 PM
Nope, don't believe we have the right players to go up. We need to focus on our youth. But it all went down hill since John Park left for Celtc.

Bishop Hibee
18-10-2014, 05:20 PM
I'm confident that Stubbs and Dempster are getting it right. Come Christmas I'll get agitated if we're not cutting the mustard.

No. We'll see how relaxed we all are after the derby.

Brightside
18-10-2014, 05:21 PM

I agree 100%.

marleyhib
18-10-2014, 05:31 PM
Been complete mince for years bar LG and Butcher put us into freefall. We have had zero confidence and a massive turnaround ain't gonna happen overnight, we have no cash to splash. I hope/expect we'll have a good run and would be happy to finish in playoffs. Farid injury has made it much tougher at the moment, I like Scott Allen and Gray, shows Stubbs has an eye for a player, he's had a very tough job from day 1. Gotta be realistic and have patience yet again.

mutley
18-10-2014, 05:32 PM
No. We'll see how relaxed we all are after the derby.

Ditto

Dashing Bob S
18-10-2014, 05:35 PM
Frankly, I'm quite enjoying this season. Some pleasing football, albeit against limited opposition. I think we'll start to click between now at Christmas.

Ozyhibby
18-10-2014, 05:41 PM
The more fans disengage, the more relaxed they will become.

SunshineOnLeith
18-10-2014, 05:46 PM
I'm annoyed we've not adjusted to this league anything like as well as Hearts. But overall, we'll still finish third at worst and have a shot at the playoffs.

I've lost interest a little bit because if we're not challenging for the title the campaign is going to be quite dull apart from the cups and eventual playoffs. But I'm certainly not as angry/upset as a lot of people seem to be.

ancient hibee
18-10-2014, 06:57 PM
It's been easier for Hearts to adjust because they are much more a Championship club than we are.When you are a big club it's much more difficult.

greenpaper55
18-10-2014, 07:02 PM
It's been easier for Hearts to adjust because they are much more a Championship club than we are.When you are a big club it's much more difficult.

Aye, lets put those losers in their place next week.

emerald green
18-10-2014, 07:13 PM
I'm certainly not "pretty relaxed" about our current situation, despite tonight's excellent result.

I'm disappointed and angry that Hibs are even in this division. However, that's where we are and the sooner we get out of it the better.

I think Hibs have made it harder for themselves than it should be by shooting ourselves in the foot by not putting away teams like Falkirk, Raith & Dumbarton at home, thus allowing the other lot to gain a pretty big lead over us. It's a long way to go though and I remain ever hopeful.

Next week's result is critical.

rcarter1
18-10-2014, 07:17 PM

Never thought of it that way. :thumbsup:

Brightside
18-10-2014, 07:36 PM
The more fans disengage, the more relaxed they will become.

That's utter rubbish oz. I'm as engaged as most. But I know it will take a while to fix. We are as good as any team in the league. Hearts have rattled out of the traps and rangers have been amazingly lucky in their games. We are as good as them.

John_the_angus_hibby
18-10-2014, 07:36 PM

This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vini1875
18-10-2014, 08:37 PM
Beat hearts and DUFC and then I'll become more relaxed.

JimBHibees
18-10-2014, 08:42 PM

Absolutely spot on, they both need to to be given some real time to do their jobs.

One Day Soon
19-10-2014, 12:14 AM

Yep, totally right.

Hibeesmad
19-10-2014, 12:16 AM
Beat hearts and DUFC and then I'll become more relaxed.

Agreed

Hibeesmad
19-10-2014, 12:17 AM
A win over hearts putting us possibly 3rd depending on the QOTS score and a win over Dundee United to put us into a cup semi final would do me nicely for now. After the derby and United we should really be looking to win the majority of games up until the tough Christmas period

Hibernia&Alba
19-10-2014, 07:16 AM
I'm certainly not "pretty relaxed" about our current situation, despite tonight's excellent result.

I'm disappointed and angry that Hibs are even in this division. However, that's where we are and the sooner we get out of it the better.

I think Hibs have made it harder for themselves than it should be by shooting ourselves in the foot by not putting away teams like Falkirk, Raith & Dumbarton at home, thus allowing the other lot to gain a pretty big lead over us. It's a long way to go though and I remain ever hopeful.

Next week's result is critical.

I agree with EG on this. It feels as if things are on a knife edge at the moment and could go either way for this team. Next week will tell us a lot.

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-10-2014, 07:36 AM
Maybe more a coming to terms with where we are? Didn't envisage any better than third, and would be really surprised if we get back up in one shot. The question about whether this is acceptable or not is a different one though.

Aldo
19-10-2014, 07:44 AM
Not about being relaxed it's about going about our business without shouting it from the rooftops unlike others.

Next week will be a massive test but we need to go into this game with confidence.

I hope Stubbs plays both Allan and McGeouch next Sun. Allan in particular at times yesterday with his directness was causing Livi problems. Yeah the yams are a total different proposition but we must take the game to them.

Phil D. Rolls
19-10-2014, 08:57 AM
We shouldn't have to wait til Xmas to become good. It's also pretty hard to relax when our supposed biggest rivals are beating teams easily. We shouldn't be in a position where we are confident of them getting it right, we should be in a position where we are confident of them keeping it right.

Remember, we are in the championship!

Theres what we want, and there's what is. Accepting that is the trick. Because if you can't accept reality it drives you insane.

I shouldn't have to be reading so much negativity. However it's inevitable that its going to happen, because there's a lot of people getting off on sticking the boot in at every opportunity.

Hibeewilly
19-10-2014, 09:08 AM
Not about being relaxed it's about going about our business without shouting it from the rooftops unlike others.

Next week will be a massive test but we need to go into this game with confidence.

I hope Stubbs plays both Allan and McGeouch next Sun. Allan in particular at times yesterday with his directness was causing Livi problems. Yeah the yams are a total different proposition but we must take the game to them.
Same midfield four as yesterday will do for me - they all played well

The Leith Dutch
19-10-2014, 09:11 AM
Frankly, I'm quite enjoying this season. Some pleasing football, albeit against limited opposition. I think we'll start to click between now at Christmas.

While I'm not happy with where we are and there have been far too many disappointing results I've watched a lot of the games (Dumbarton last week springs to mind) when we've actually done most of what was required in terms of bossing the game only to fail to carve out decent chances once we're in and around the opposition box. Hopefully yesterday is the start of us kicking on and racking up some thumping wins.

I still worry that some people are using the "we don't have the players" line when we have in fact got a better squad than anyone in the division bar The rangers and the yams (and I'd argue that the yams squad is no great shakes).

It's possibly a little unbalanced as a squad and lacking a real playmaker (Allan?) but unless something major happens like a wealthy investor or we suddenly and mysteriously become a dominant force in Scottish football then this is very much the calibre of player we're going to have.

Dashing Bob S
19-10-2014, 12:55 PM
While I'm not happy with where we are and there have been far too many disappointing results I've watched a lot of the games (Dumbarton last week springs to mind) when we've actually done most of what was required in terms of bossing the game only to fail to carve out decent chances once we're in and around the opposition box. Hopefully yesterday is the start of us kicking on and racking up some thumping wins.

I still worry that some people are using the "we don't have the players" line when we have in fact got a better squad than anyone in the division bar The rangers and the yams (and I'd argue that the yams squad is no great shakes).

It's possibly a little unbalanced as a squad and lacking a real playmaker (Allan?) but unless something major happens like a wealthy investor or we suddenly and mysteriously become a dominant force in Scottish football then this is very much the calibre of player we're going to have.

I think this is fair enough. I've been enjoying the season much more than I thought I would. I see a fledgling manager finding his feet, getting to know his players and hos best formation, and trying to produce a winning team playing attractive football. The atmosphere in the stands is a little negative but this is resolved through the wearing of headphones offering me an eclectic music mix as an alternative. As for the boards, I now simply limit my visits until I see more positivity, a bit like I did with the team.

Hibbyradge
19-10-2014, 01:06 PM
... a fledgling manager finding his feet, getting to know his players and hos best formation,

I'd have renewed my season ticket if I'd known that was on offer.

Hibby70
19-10-2014, 01:08 PM
I think we'll click into gear over the next couple of months, sign Leigh in January, go on to win the cup and get promotion over TheRangers in the playoffs.

Crazyhorse
19-10-2014, 01:13 PM
I think we'll click into gear over the next couple of months, sign Leigh in January, go on to win the cup and get promotion over TheRangers in the playoffs.

I hope you are right. A lot of that will depend on the state of sevco - i.e. if they go into admin again; if they are taken over; if they dump fat swally etc. etc.

anon1875
19-10-2014, 05:46 PM
I've honestly put automatic promotion out of my mind. Unrealistic goal at this point, should just concentrate on trying to get things right on the pitch and trying to win as many games as possible. Hopefully if we take care of the football, by the end of the season we will be right up in that play off.

lucky
19-10-2014, 06:00 PM
Looking like we are playing catch up. The yams are flying just now but I doubt they will continue like that. If can keep the unbeaten run going we've got a chance of closing the gap. I thought at the start of season the play offs was the best we were going to get and I still think that's where we will end up. As we all know they are a lottery so promotion is still on

Spike Mandela
19-10-2014, 06:16 PM
I'm so relaxed about it that I got home from work yesterday and watched Strictly instead of the game by choice.:wink: Still enjoy going to the games when I can but not fussed if I can't make it and that's with a season ticket.

I am shocked at how low Hibs have sunk over the last few years but would say I am more resigned to that situation rather than relaxed.

The Green Goblin
19-10-2014, 06:32 PM
The tortoise and the hare was always one of my favourite fables.

JimBHibees
19-10-2014, 07:07 PM
I'm so relaxed about it that I got home from work yesterday and watched Strictly instead of the game by choice.:wink: Still enjoy going to the games when I can but not fussed if I can't make it and that's with a season ticket.

I am shocked at how low Hibs have sunk over the last few years but would say I am more resigned to that situation rather than relaxed.

The wife in charge then. :greengrin

Northernhibee
19-10-2014, 09:52 PM
Feel pretty relaxed TBH - we have the right people in place, Dempster has made really positive changes and the backroom staff that Stubbs has brought in have been very good. New players brought in have almost without exception been very good.

It takes time to manifest itself fully and we can only improve with Dempster looking after the off field stuff and Stubbsy looking after the on field stuff I'm really confident.

jacomo
19-10-2014, 10:02 PM
I think both LD and AS have made mistakes, but fully aware of the less than ideal situations they both inherited and the scrutiny they are both under.

I like both of them though, AS really doesn't seem fazed by anything and there are signs that we are starting to become a decent footballing outfit again after years in the doldrums.

Relaxed? Nah, not when I see where Hamilton are right now. I think Hibs might just have squandered a wonderful opportunity through sheer incompetence, and it's hard to let go of. But let's just hope we are now on the right path - the two new bosses do give me confidence.

Cameron1875
19-10-2014, 10:05 PM
Thread title has me chuckling for some reason. This place was in meltdown during the week yet one win an we're relaxed?!

Such a fickle site :greengrin

HibbiesandtheBaddies
19-10-2014, 10:14 PM

Lay off the gin Dash-B

Chin Chin!

Hibernia&Alba
19-10-2014, 10:34 PM
Thread title has me chuckling for some reason. This place was in meltdown during the week yet one win an we're relaxed?!

A week is a long time in fitba. Just wait for the post match threads next week: we'll either be certs for promotion or certs for relegation. As I said earlier in the thread, I'm far from relaxed. We need to see big improvements on and off the pitch, and at this relatively early stage I'm unsure how the season will pan out.

silverhibee
19-10-2014, 10:39 PM
Chilled :smokin

Just don't no what all the fuss is about.

greenlex
19-10-2014, 11:08 PM

Fitba fans are like that but to be fair to Bob he did post it before Saturday's game/result.:wink:

Dashing Bob S
19-10-2014, 11:14 PM
Fitba fans are like that but to be fair to Bob he did post it before Saturday's game/result.:wink:

Oh, the result was somewhat inevitable. We've started slowly but are much of a muchness to Rangers and Hearts (not saying a lot, admittedly) but superiour to the other sides. I regard every point dropped as a bad lapse from now on in.

O'Rourke3
19-10-2014, 11:24 PM
Oh, the result was somewhat inevitable. We've started slowly but are much of a muchness to Rangers and Hearts (not saying a lot, admittedly) but superiour to the other sides. I regard every point dropped as a bad lapse from now on in.

:agree: As the cliches have it ..awards are presented at the end rather than the beginning. After the last wee while the green shoots are there - doesn't stop the "diddy" teams trying hard though. If footy was an exact science the bookies wouldn't take bets..... Still to early to tell but I'm not writing the season off yet.

That could be the drugs of course.

CmoantheHibs
20-10-2014, 12:45 AM
I feel relaxed about things.I feel we have the right people in place and we will kick on, as a club, if they are given time.I think on the footballing front we will kick on now also.I think the team are starting to build a bit of understanding.There are definitely still big weaknesses that other teams can exploit and we haven't adjusted well to having to take the game to teams most weeks but we are improving and we do have a far better squad than last year.A big thing also is that there seems to be more of a team spirit developing, something we have not had for a long time and has been a major part of our downfall.
In fact the only time Im not relaxed about things is when I read net.:wink:

GreenLake
20-10-2014, 01:23 AM

Yeah, those two might have a liking for the climate of a derby. On the other hand, I hope he sits out Robertson who seems to play terrible against Hearts. A Malonga hat trick in the derby would go a long way to relax me.

Hibby70
20-10-2014, 07:16 AM
I think in the short term each week we should just concentrate on catching the team above us. Given a good run of form I don't see 2nd place being insurmountable by the end of the season but we really need a step up in finishing in our home games.

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-10-2014, 08:37 AM
Next Sunday will go a long way to showing us where we are currently at, although being 14pts behind Hearts just after mid October doesnae make me too relaxed to be honest.

Waxy
20-10-2014, 08:57 AM
If they don't beat us this weekend i have no doubt they'll drop back into the playoffs before the end of the season making it easier for us to go up.
Who'd have thought it?

PatHead
20-10-2014, 10:57 AM
Must say I feel positive rather than relaxed. Long way to go.

Will relax when we are 4 points clear at the top with one match to go.

Bad Martini
20-10-2014, 11:15 AM
I'll be relaxed when this season is over and we're no longer in the Championship. Every game between now and then is sent to try us and even when we are at our best, we're heart attack material. Part of the fun I suppose...much like speeding down the bypass on a motorbike doing 3 digits (apparently, offisur :greengrin)

Anyways, regards to the mutants this week...I think many have this WAY wrong. Again, even when we are at our absolute best, we can **** it up against that lot. This is one game where you probably CANNOT get the measure of where we are. Either team could win, either team could take this and either team could kick on from there. However, that is far less a mark of where we are with the emotion and all else that surrounds a derby.

What will be a better mark of where we are now is the result against Cowdenbeath away...where, irrespective of Sunday, we could (and should, and probably MUST) be looking for three points. That'll be a mark of where we are now.

Beating the mutants wouldn't do us any harm though mind :greengrin:thumbsup:

Bams :na na::aok:

GGTTH YA BASS :thumbsup:

ENDOF

H18Y GW
20-10-2014, 11:31 AM
Its a race not a sprint and while not loving where we are , we keep playing keep getting better and see where we end up, hitting form for the playoffs is much more important than now ....Were not winning the title , lets accept that

Waxy
20-10-2014, 11:54 AM
Its a race not a sprint and while not loving where we are , we keep playing keep getting better and see where we end up, hitting form for the playoffs is much more important than now ....Were not winning the title , lets accept thatStranger things have happened.

truehibernian
20-10-2014, 12:17 PM
Next Sunday will go a long way to showing us where we are currently at, although being 14pts behind Hearts just after mid October doesnae make me too relaxed to be honest.

Yogi's first season we started off really well, had large chunks of luck, a few penalties, and Derek and Stokesy scoring goals and in general confidence was high and we were playing well in games. IIRC there was even a thread on how many we were clear of stuttering Hearts..........:cb

This season is very very similar - Hearts are playing decent football but let's also factor in the wee bits of luck they have had too - our penalty miss when we were playing well at Tynecastle, an opening 'goal' against Queen of the South that many said hadn't crossed the line, fairly settled side with no injuries to key players, indeed I've had the misfortune to watch a few of their games this season and some sides have missed glorious chances against them - what Hearts are, and I do give them enormous credit for it, are fit as fiddles, pacy and industrious in the middle of the park. They score goals because they have a really good work ethic and want the ball back quickly and circulated up top as soon as possible. Hibs are more laboured and intent on playing a game of attrition - however second half at the weekend, when the second goal had eased tension, they played with belief and really sprayed it about with a purpose.

Key to the derby is always in the middle of the park for me - that is where it's won or lost. They have a dynamic and busy unit in Bauben and Gomis - our lads need to hunt for the ball when we have it and really work their full backs and press.

One weakness Hearts have this season is at set pieces (I've noticed) - usually a strong point for them. They may have only conceced a few, but for me that has been more down to the opposition finishing. He seems to have them marking zonal and not man marking which means there is a lot of space in the box to run into and onto the ball - they are not tight and they leave the penalty spot area exposed. I'd be looking at as many crosses and set pieces into the area as possible.

They are a good side though and as I expected pre-season, I think they will walk this league and win it by a comfy margin if they stay injury free.

Dashing Bob S
20-10-2014, 01:32 PM
Lay off the gin Dash-B

Chin Chin!

Not one, not two, but THREE wives have sang the same song. Its a tune I remain distinctly unmoved by.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
20-10-2014, 04:24 PM
Not one, not two, but THREE wives have sang the same song. Its a tune I remain distinctly unmoved by.

:greengrin I appreciate that sentiment in the domestic setting, however I feel it may be clouding your judgement on important matters such as those discussed on here!