PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial Livi v Hibs (Drivel) Thread

Keith_M
18-10-2014, 09:54 AM
Livi v Hibs - 17:30

Today's the day everything finally fits into place in the 'Stubbs Revival' plan.

No more 65% possession, 30 shots at goals and still settling for a draw. Hibs are gonna Hump Livi big style today.

It's Pay At The gate and SilverHibee has been doing his best to rally the troops.

Make sure you'll be there, so you can brag about it in years to come when people are arguing about who is the REAL ÜberFan.

:flag:

-----------------------------------------

Trust me, what could possibly go wrong.

:wink:

lord bunberry
18-10-2014, 09:57 AM
I'm not going as I'm working, but if we win and it's a great atmosphere I will be claiming I was there in a few years.

This post will self destruct in the event of memorable victory.

Hibernia&Alba
18-10-2014, 10:02 AM
I think it will be a tight game, and our injury problems won't help. If I were a betting man I'd go for 1-1, which would be a decent result, IMO. Let's see if we can keep this wee unbeaten run going a while. What we must do of course is start winning our home games, beginning with the hunchbacks next week.

Pretty Boy
18-10-2014, 10:11 AM
I think it will be a tight game, and our injury problems won't help. If I were a betting man I'd go for 1-1, which would be a decent result, IMO. Let's see if we can keep this wee unbeaten run going a while. What we must do of course is start winning our home games, beginning with the hunchbacks next week.

I can't see how a 1-1 draw against a Livi team who are 3rd bottom of the league can be a decent result.

We need a win today so if we win next week we actually make up 3 points on Hearts rather than just clawing back any dropped today. If they drop points today, and we'll know if they have or not by kick off, then it's a great chance to make up 6 points in a week.

Hibernia&Alba
18-10-2014, 10:19 AM
I can't see how a 1-1 draw against a Livi team who are 3rd bottom of the league can be a decent result.

We need a win today so if we win next week we actually make up 3 points on Hearts rather than just clawing back any dropped today. If they drop points today, and we'll know if they have or not by kick off, then it's a great chance to make up 6 points in a week.

Ideally the six points would be great, but I'd take a draw at Livi right now and a win next week. Keep the unbeaten sequence going and start gaining some momentum. It won't be easy today, particularly in light of the defensive injuries.

BoomtownHibees
18-10-2014, 10:38 AM

A draw against Livi a decent result? We need wins and that starts from today. No more 60% possession, 20 shots on goal and still coming away with just a point.

Today we need to go out and dominate the game from start til finish. Get on top early doors and stay there.

hibsbollah
18-10-2014, 10:41 AM
A mostly bright, blustery day in central Scotlands most depressing urban conurbation is on the cards. 16 degrees is relatively warm for the time of year, but winds of 17 mph gusting up to 30mph are forecast so it might feel chillier than that. It should be sunny for most of the 90 minutes, and the bright low sun, when reflected off John McGlynns baldy head, could easily represent a troublesome glare for supporters in the away end. There is a small chance of light rain passing over but this wont amount to much.

:flag:

hibsbollah
18-10-2014, 10:44 AM
I'd take a draw at Livi right now

Thats depressing. Gary Glen is their goal threat ffs.
We should be humping Livingston every day of the week.

patch1875
18-10-2014, 10:46 AM
Sitting on the roof terrace at Fuerteventura airport currently 31c won't be back until after the game.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-10-2014, 10:51 AM
Just passed a kebab shop in Livvy on the bus called Merdo's, you'd not be keen to dine there! :-)

Hibernia&Alba
18-10-2014, 11:04 AM

The way we're playing, I don't fancy us to hump any team, though we might get a pleasant surprise, as at Ibrox. I don't think there'll be much between the teams.

Hibernia&Alba
18-10-2014, 11:11 AM
Just passed a kebab shop in Livvy on the bus called Merdo's, you'd not be keen to dine there! :-)

You're getting there early. Don't get wrecked too early ;-)

mutley
18-10-2014, 11:19 AM
I'm not going today, I'm full of the cold so it's bbc alba for me .

Sorry to let the side down

GGTTH

lord bunberry
18-10-2014, 11:20 AM

:faf:

Hibernia&Alba
18-10-2014, 11:26 AM

GGTTH

You're excused, mate: man flu is no joking matter. Stay strong, you can beat it! :-D

emerald green
18-10-2014, 11:39 AM
It's now time for all the talking to the media by Hibs players and coaches to stop. It's way past time for the team to start doing its talking on the pitch.

No more excuses. Three points is a must for Hibs today. Are they good enough though?

Cabbage East
18-10-2014, 11:49 AM
It's now time for all the talking to the media by Hibs players and coaches to stop. It's way past time for the team to start doing its talking on the pitch.

No more excuses. Three points is a must for Hibs today. Are they good enough though?

You do realise that the players and coaches are contractually obligated to talk to the media? They don't do it through choice. They probably hate doing it.

A draw against Livvy would be another bad result, we should be beating them every time. Mon Hibs.

emerald green
18-10-2014, 12:16 PM
You do realise that the players and coaches are contractually obligated to talk to the media? They don't do it through choice. They probably hate doing it.

A draw against Livvy would be another bad result, we should be beating them every time. Mon Hibs.

Yes, I am vaguely aware of that from reading stuff on these threads Cabbage. My post maybe wasn't very well worded in that respect. It's more what they say that sometimes worries me a bit.

Can you educate me a bit and explain and expand on what these contractual obligations specifically are? Cheers. :aok:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-10-2014, 12:18 PM

GGTTH

Are you sure its not Ebola bud? :greengrin

Pretty Boy
18-10-2014, 12:19 PM
You're excused, mate: man flu is no joking matter. Stay strong, you can beat it! :-D

#prayformutley

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-10-2014, 12:28 PM
Got a bad feeling about tonight unfortunately :-( Hoping my mates gets on for Livi too.

lyonhibs
18-10-2014, 12:49 PM
Is the game on the idiot box ?

If so which channel and does it clash with the EPL ?

Yes I could use Google but I can't be arsed !

Pretty Boy
18-10-2014, 12:54 PM
Is the game on the idiot box ?

If so which channel and does it clash with the EPL ?

Yes I could use Google but I can't be arsed !

Yes.
BBC Alba. No, no evening EPL game tonight.

lyonhibs
18-10-2014, 01:17 PM
Yes.
BBC Alba. No, no evening EPL game tonight.

Ah, I suspect that may be beyond the bounds of possibilities here in Zürich

NorthNorfolkHFC
18-10-2014, 01:34 PM
I predict a very lively start from Hibs, possibly scoring a goal.

From there is suspect we will not put the game to bed and concede a goal, or two. Final score 1-1 or 1-2.

I'm in a very optimistic place today.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

Ronniekirk
18-10-2014, 01:43 PM
Apart from Rangers cup game ,this is my first away game I expect no matter what team we put out that we will win, but narrowly .

Kaff
18-10-2014, 02:52 PM
Hulls 3rd choice keeper on for injured Harper, Oxley able to be recalled or is his contract with us fixed till January?

HappyAsHellas
18-10-2014, 02:53 PM
Can't make it tonight as I am still in southern Crete with a pleasant 26 degrees and a cold beer:greengrin Will try to keep updated on here as no one here has heard of BBC Alba.

Pretty Boy
18-10-2014, 02:54 PM
Hulls 3rd choice keeper on for injured Harper, Oxley able to be recalled or is his contract with us fixed till January?

Fixed until January but worrying what could happen after that if Harpers inury is a long one. No idea what injury McGreggor has either.

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2014, 03:03 PM
With the huns winning against Raith, if that stays the same and we win tonight, then we will go 4th. That could be a huge psychological move upwards for us, and have an affect on the other teams who want to be in those 4 places?

Hibrandenburg
18-10-2014, 03:42 PM

I'm just amazed that they give buses names in Livvy!

Wull
18-10-2014, 04:26 PM
whens the KO ?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-10-2014, 04:28 PM
whens the KO ?

2 mins away.

Wull
18-10-2014, 04:31 PM
cummon the HIBEES:flag:

mutley
18-10-2014, 05:31 PM
Thanks to all those concerned about my health, I have managed to stay alive through the first half, and if the result goes this way, I might just pull through

Smartie
18-10-2014, 05:48 PM
I'm just amazed that they give buses names in Livvy!

Do the other buses have names as s****y as that one?

Keith_M
18-10-2014, 06:25 PM
Livi v Hibs - 17:30

Today's the day everything finally fits into place in the 'Stubbs Revival' plan.

No more 65% possession, 30 shots at goals and still settling for a draw. Hibs are gonna Hump Livi big style today.

It's Pay At The gate and SilverHibee has been doing his best to rally the troops.

Make sure you'll be there, so you can brag about it in years to come when people are arguing about who is the REAL ÜberFan.

Told you so!!!!

Bostonhibby
18-10-2014, 06:36 PM
Told you so!!!!

:thumbsup: Twas reading stuff like this inspired me to lay 3 separate bets on Hibs .........................:greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
19-10-2014, 06:28 AM

A draw against Livi a decent result? We need wins and that starts from today. No more 60% possession, 20 shots on goal and still coming away with just a point.

Today we need to go out and dominate the game from start til finish. Get on top early doors and stay there.

You guys were right, and I was very wrong, I'm glad to say. I didn't see a 4-0 coming but was expecting a tough away game. Happy days.

GGTTH