PDA

View Full Version : Urgent *****Monday's Visit To East Mains CANCELLED*****

Mikey
17-10-2014, 12:40 PM
Sorry folks, the club has called to say that the players have been given the day off and therefore the visit has been cancelled. I'll work with them early next week to try and arrange an alternative date within the school holidays.

Could those of you who were due to go down on Monday please either PM me, or just post on this thread so that I know you know!

This doesn't have any bearing on the evening visit arranged for Thursday 6th November.

easty
17-10-2014, 12:41 PM
Petrie!!!!!!!!

DarrenSQH
17-10-2014, 12:42 PM
Hearts are doing double sessions and we take days off.

smurf
17-10-2014, 12:43 PM
Not the best PR letting it be known the players are getting a day off....

Keith_M
17-10-2014, 12:43 PM
That's really quite poor on the part of the Club. Surely they knew about the visit when scheduling a day off for the Players?

Chuck Rhoades
17-10-2014, 12:49 PM
Day off? **** sake.

Pretty Boy
17-10-2014, 12:51 PM
No real issues with the players getting a day off after an evening game on Saturday but surely 2 or 3 of them could have turned up for an hour to pose for a few pictures and sign some autographs.

It's just pretty poor PR and inviting another opportunity for people to have a moan.

oneone73

This.

Golden Bear
That's really quite poor on the part of the Club. Surely they knew about the visit when scheduling a day off for the Players?

My thoughts exactly. They don't help themselves at times, they really don't.

More food for the bashers to gorge on but in this instance they do have a case.

JimBHibees
Monday seems a strange day off is it not.

hibeeleicester
17-10-2014, 12:52 PM
:faf::faf:

Mikey
17-10-2014, 12:53 PM
I shouldn't really have had to word it differently but I guess I now have to.

It's a rest day ahead of the game against Hearts on Sunday. Sports science and all that.

Exactly the sort of thing that would have been covered during the visit funnily enough!

SteveHFC
17-10-2014, 12:53 PM
:faf::faf:

:faf:

KeithTheHibby
17-10-2014, 12:59 PM
Thanks Mikey.

oconnors_strip
17-10-2014, 01:00 PM
No real issues with the players getting a day off after an evening game on Saturday but surely 2 or 3 of them could have turned up for an hour to pose for a few pictures and sign some autographs.

It's just pretty poor PR and inviting another opportunity for people to have a moan.

exactly! but i suppose stubbs and his staff will be having the day off aswell so alan will probably take advantage to visit his family

Loopz
17-10-2014, 01:04 PM
Mikey, I'm not shooting the messenger but this is nearly unbelievable. Both of my sons have been season ticket holders since they were five and I can't remember the last time they enjoyed the "Match Day" experience at ER. Finally they were getting something back which they and I were looking forward to. Cancellation with 3 days notice with everything else that is going on (I have not contributed to the LD thread) really has left us all more disappointed than I can express. LD states in her OP "You would think that we collectively come to work every day and say what could we possibly do today that will upset and annoy the support at large". The only thing that surprises me is that we still get surprised by the clubs incompetence.

Regards
Upset and annoyed.

SaulGoodman
17-10-2014, 01:06 PM
Usually stick up for the club, but oh dear that is poor/embarrassing. Especially at such short notice.

JimBHibees
17-10-2014, 01:09 PM
exactly! but i suppose stubbs and his staff will be having the day off aswell so alan will probably take advantage to visit his family

Do they stay down south?

Ozyhibby
17-10-2014, 01:12 PM
No worries, message received.
Cheers for trying to organise.

GreenCastle
17-10-2014, 01:13 PM
So the players will play Saturday evening.

Will they be in Sunday for recovery or ?

Monday off

Tuesday - training

Wed - training

Thursday - training

Friday - training

Saturday - set pieces/ game preparation for derby or off again?

Sunday - Game

Monday - recovery session?

Tuesday - set pieces / game preparation for Utd

Wednesday - Game v Utd

California-Hibs
17-10-2014, 01:14 PM
Oh dear Hibs.

Scouse Hibee
17-10-2014, 01:24 PM
Well Leeann there's another own goal, it's becoming quite a collection and you wonder why fans moan!

oconnors_strip
17-10-2014, 01:24 PM

Monday off

Tuesday - training

Wed - training

Thursday - training

Friday - training

Sunday - Game

Wednesday - Game v Utd

Most weeks the players are in for some sort of recovery the day after a match

oconnors_strip
17-10-2014, 01:25 PM
Do they stay down south?

I believe so, when he got the job and I attended a meeting with him he explained his children are doing exams and he didn't want to move them.

Billy Whizz
17-10-2014, 01:36 PM
Sorry folks, the club has called to say that the players have been given the day off and therefore the visit has been cancelled. I'll work with them early next week to try and arrange an alternative date within the school holidays.

Could those of you who were due to go down on Monday please either PM me, or just post on this thread so that I know you know!

This doesn't have any bearing on the evening visit arranged for Thursday 6th November.

Mikey, got the message, disappointed with Hibs as I've taken a day off work for this

truehibernian
17-10-2014, 01:38 PM
Hibs - more own goals than goals scored !

Well done Hibs, what an outfit !! Wanting to 'engage' with the support then disengaging in one swift hit of the 'send' button.

Leeann, you honestly wonder why fans are so negative ?

Cod Boy
17-10-2014, 01:38 PM
It would seem some of the players take a Saturday off.

JimBHibees
17-10-2014, 01:39 PM
I believe so, when he got the job and I attended a meeting with him he explained his children are doing exams and he didn't want to move them.

Which is all completely fair enough and his business and given the job security in football management common sense.

FranckSuzy
17-10-2014, 01:40 PM
Mikey, I'm not shooting the messenger but this is nearly unbelievable. Both of my sons have been season ticket holders since they were five and I can't remember the last time they enjoyed the "Match Day" experience at ER. Finally they were getting something back which they and I were looking forward to. Cancellation with 3 days notice with everything else that is going on (I have not contributed to the LD thread) really has left us all more disappointed than I can express. LD states in her OP "You would think that we collectively come to work every day and say what could we possibly do today that will upset and annoy the support at large". The only thing that surprises me is that we still get surprised by the clubs incompetence.

Regards
Upset and annoyed.

:agree: Bang on the money, I'm sorry to say.

frazeHFC
17-10-2014, 01:47 PM
Unbelievable (well not really with Hibs)

Del Boy
17-10-2014, 01:48 PM
I have no problem with players having days off/rest days but this should have been sorted out a long time before now. Another embarrassment for the club I'm afraid.

Craig_HFC
17-10-2014, 01:49 PM
:faf:

What a ****ing shambles.

Benny Brazil
17-10-2014, 01:53 PM
Nice one Hibs - thanks for your efforts Mikey - shame the club wasnt as well managed.

scoopyboy
17-10-2014, 01:56 PM
I have no problem with players having days off/rest days but this should have been sorted out a long time before now. Another embarrassment for the club I'm afraid.

Agree 100%.

Piss poor Hibs.

Thecat23
17-10-2014, 02:05 PM
So Leeann tells us to stop moaning then they call to cancel the event after giving them the day off even though they knew it was already planned.

I swear to god you couldn't make this up! She says they don't wake up and think what can we do to annoy supporters. Someone needs to get a grip of this club by the neck and shake the living daylights out it because this is just one more blunder after another. Folk taking time off work will no doubt be seriously pissed at this.

Hibs = Shambles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveHFC
17-10-2014, 02:06 PM
So Leeann tells us to stop moaning then they call to cancel the event after giving them the day off even though they knew it was already planned.

I swear to god you couldn't make this up! She says they don't wake up and think what can we do to annoy supporters. Someone needs to get a grip of this club by the neck and shake the living daylights out it because this is just one more blunder after another. Folk taking time off work will no doubt be seriously pissed at this.

Hibs = Shambles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:top marks

Turkish Green
17-10-2014, 02:07 PM
I am surprised that anyone is surprised by this. Poor PR as always.

Obviously they do not have a sports scientist at the PBS as I bet Neilson will have the yams in for training on Monday despite having a game on Sunday.

bobbyhibs1983
17-10-2014, 02:12 PM
so if i have understood this correct, Hibs.net/someone from here, maybe the O.P organises a chance for some people to go and meet at east mains, a week or so(or more) in adavance and the club agree to this and then 3 days before THEY decide to cancel and not care about the effort from THERE fans and decide to give the players the day off?:confused:

surely the club should look at things and say we have this day, that day free we can do this, that or this on these days,?

Can i ask who made the decision to cancel? was it our manager? our ceo? the players? the groundsman? the moaner on hibs.net? the nice guy on hibs.net?

and on a side note may i ask whats to stop the club doing this sorta of thing again? i understand there is another one of these set for the 6th of november?

Geo_1875
17-10-2014, 02:14 PM

Obviously they do not have a sports scientist at the PBS as I bet Neilson will have the yams in for training on Monday despite having a game on Sunday.

Only if Levein tells him to.

The Gorf
17-10-2014, 02:17 PM

You reading this Leeann?

silverhibee
17-10-2014, 02:19 PM

Surely they have all day Sunday to recover PB, players have always had a day off during the week so no problem with that but Stubbs must have surely been informed from someone at the club about this day out for the fans on Monday.

Albion Hibs
17-10-2014, 02:20 PM

Regards
Upset and annoyed.

Exactly. Completely amateur organisation. The training schedule is surely not a surprise...are these guys so shattered that they don't have a few hours to spare mid morning. Very poor show.

Green Man
17-10-2014, 02:22 PM
Excuse the language but that's ****ing bollocks. This was a great chance for the club to give something to the fans and get a bit of engagement. I was actually going to check if there were any spaces available after realising I'm not working on Monday. How many more ways will the club find to piss off the fans?

Keith_M
Could I just express my sympathy for Mikey, who is the innocent party in this and has obviously put in a lot of effort to get it organised.

FWIW, I don't think anybody has blamed him but it must have been a bit of a kick in the teeth for him as well.

silverhibee
I shouldn't really have had to word it differently but I guess I now have to.

It's a rest day ahead of the game against Hearts on Sunday. Sports science and all that.

Exactly the sort of thing that would have been covered during the visit funnily enough!

No chance, the day off would be closer to the end of the week, Sports science and all that.

heretoday
17-10-2014, 02:24 PM
This is presumably an extra day off to recover from celebrating a thumping victory over Livingston.

Capital idea! :cool2:

oconnors_strip
17-10-2014, 02:25 PM
Will be interesting to know if any players are in on Monday........ An own goal scored by Hibs indeed

SaulGoodman
17-10-2014, 02:26 PM
No chance, the day off would be closer to the end of the week, Sports science and all that.

Hibernian FC sports science team:
http://www.ipod.org.uk/reality/reality_chimp2.jpg

silverhibee
17-10-2014, 02:26 PM
Most weeks the players are in for some sort of recovery the day after a match

Yep, in for a quick warmdown to loosing the legs and any injuries get seen to, never new them to get the Monday off, Wednesday yes.

bobbyhibs1983
17-10-2014, 02:27 PM
Exactly. Completely amateur organisation. The training schedule is surely not a surprise...are these guys so shattered that they don't have a few hours to spare mid morning. Very poor show.

excellent post albion hibs!!:aok:

It is very frustratin for alot of people someone mentioned eariler in the thread they took the day off for this and im sure they have felt let down, as do alot of other people.

A question for the O.P.. may i ask in your speaking to the club in regards finding out a new time/day for the cancelled event could you maybe consider putting across how let down alot of fans seem to be in regards this? and why the decsion and whom made it was made with so little notice?

silverhibee
17-10-2014, 02:31 PM
Golly gosh, we score any more own goals and relegation is a certain for us.

cocopops1875
17-10-2014, 02:37 PM
Golf Day all over again

SteveHFC
17-10-2014, 02:42 PM
Hibernian FC sports science team:
http://www.ipod.org.uk/reality/reality_chimp2.jpg
:hilarious

silverhibee
17-10-2014, 02:45 PM
Golf Day all over again

Ladies Day/Night.

Auckland Hibs
17-10-2014, 02:48 PM
This anything to do with the LD resigning rumours?

marinello59
17-10-2014, 02:50 PM
This anything to do with the LD resigning rumours?

You'd need to ask about that on the Hibernian Retro Facebook page. They're the ones that make that sort of crap up.

easty
17-10-2014, 03:13 PM
so if i have understood this correct, Hibs.net/someone from here, maybe the O.P organises a chance for some people to go and meet at east mains, a week or so(or more) in adavance and the club agree to this and then 3 days before THEY decide to cancel and not care about the effort from THERE fans and decide to give the players the day off?:confused:

surely the club should look at things and say we have this day, that day free we can do this, that or this on these days,?

Can i ask who made the decision to cancel? was it our manager? our ceo? the players? the groundsman? the moaner on hibs.net? the nice guy on hibs.net?

and on a side note may i ask whats to stop the club doing this sorta of thing again? i understand there is another one of these set for the 6th of november?

THEIR not THERE :na na:

Baader
17-10-2014, 03:21 PM
Hibs are a PR disaster these days. The detatchment between the people running the club and the fans is beyond belief to the point I don't think they have any idea how fed up people are with the state of things. It all smacks of the end days of a regime that has lost touch with reality...

Col2
17-10-2014, 03:29 PM
And the hits keep on coming!!!

Is there anything, I mean ANYTHING positive coming out of the club just now?

Scorrie
17-10-2014, 03:31 PM
Will be interesting to know if any players are in on Monday........ An own goal scored by Hibs indeed

That will be interesting particularly if we get humped at Livi. If we do, surely a day off will be the last thing the players need or deserve.

Col2
17-10-2014, 03:32 PM
Hibs are a PR disaster these days. The detatchment between the people running the club and the fans is beyond belief to the point I don't think they have any idea how fed up people are with the state of things. It all smacks of the end days of a regime that has lost touch with reality...

Spot on. The disconnect is worse than I can remember after following the club for the past 35 years. I really don't think the board understand the total apathy and general unhappiness amogst the vast majority of supporters of the club. We are joke of Scottish football and have been for the past few months.

Bostonhibby
17-10-2014, 03:38 PM

Is that how they are more than double our points total and god knows how many goals ahead? Double the preparation as well probably when you look at the pre season - either way, a bit of a PR cock up here. A few of the players making the effort to turn up on the day would have been enough I feel? Especially given a few recent events and how disconnected some of us have become recently................

hibeeleicester
17-10-2014, 03:38 PM
Don't the players also get Wednesday off?

Cameron1875
17-10-2014, 03:44 PM
Don't believe them. For a Sunday game (Hearts) surely Wednesday or Thursday would be the day off.

SneakersO'Toole
17-10-2014, 03:50 PM
Another stroke of PR genius. Honestly, that Benchmark PR company really know how to shed this club in positive light.

worcesterhibby
17-10-2014, 03:53 PM
And the hits keep on coming!!!

Is there anything, I mean ANYTHING positive coming out of the club just now?

Fans are now allowed to pop out at half time for a fag…which is likely to kill them in the long term, meaning they won't have to watch Hibs for as long as the rest of us….Bonus for them :thumbsup:

The Green Goblin
17-10-2014, 04:06 PM
If there was no training etc then okay, but seeing as they were now free, why couldn't the club have shown some initiative and had the players still turn up to meet the fans and show them around and engage in some positive PR?

Or would that be too stressful for the players on their "day off"?

I feel for anyone who arranged a day off work for this, and Mikey, who is clearly being messed about too.

blackpoolhibs
17-10-2014, 04:13 PM
This makes no sense whatsoever, the club have know about this for a while and would surely know when the players need their day off? :confused:

Hibs7
17-10-2014, 04:20 PM
Noted Mickey .. Thanks for your efforts . Hibs GTF .. now becoming a laughing stock with your own fans .. Deary me !

Viva_Palmeiras
17-10-2014, 04:23 PM

Regards
Upset and annoyed.

So a they want for their 21st birthdays is a winning team on the park ;) ?

NOLA
17-10-2014, 04:31 PM
we take a doing from livi saturday night i take it the players still get their day off monday, days off are earned for good work :wink:

LaMotta
17-10-2014, 04:31 PM

I am surprised that you are surprised that anyone is surprised by this as people are easily surprised. Is anyone surprised that im surprised that you are surprised that anyone is surprised?

:dizzy:

B.H.F.C
17-10-2014, 04:53 PM
How about telling the players they are still working that day but it'll just be non footballing duties.

It makes Dempsters post on here about negativity look stupid. Is it any wonder people react negatively to things. Along with being hopeless on the park they can't even organise something that is completely within their control.

Pretty Boy
17-10-2014, 04:55 PM
How about telling the players they are still working that day but it'll just be non footballing duties.

It makes Dempsters post on here about negativity look stupid. Is it any wonder people react negatively to things. Along with being hopeless on the park they can't even organise something that is completely within their control.

And a chance to showcase all the good work we as fans aren't seeing has been wasted.

A glorious opportunity to really explain all the building blocks and get a number of people onside has been blown.

Andy74
17-10-2014, 04:58 PM
Thanks Mikey but oh hear Hibs. 7 year old gutted. Ah well. Just a week after she asked why Hibs don't score goals.

Seems we do but just own goals.

Deansy
17-10-2014, 04:59 PM
No doubt it's the fans fault.

stoneyburn hibs
17-10-2014, 05:19 PM
Given what we have had to witness for a very long time you would think that they would be trying really hard to engage the fans.

Not so, it's a continuous piss take from those in charge of Hibs.

bob12345
17-10-2014, 05:33 PM
I find this impossible to believe. Genuine question... When the coaching staff decided it was to be a day off, who made the call to cancel the whole thing?

The Green Goblin
17-10-2014, 05:44 PM
Perhaps the OfficialHFC could post on this thread and respond to address a lot of unhappy fans?

BT58
17-10-2014, 05:54 PM
Feel very sorry for Mikey and those at .net for trying to organise this and are sadly let down by Hibernian F.C.
A day in which a feel good factor and brought the club and fans together has been ruined.
The way we are playing now the players should be grateful for a release from training to meet the fans and build bridges
Poor show Hibernian

PiemanP
17-10-2014, 05:57 PM
First the golf day and now this. The planning and organisation at hibs is a shambles. Not doing any favours for themselves with already hacked off fans.

Kojock
17-10-2014, 05:58 PM
Don't see what the problem is "sports science" dictates the players need that day off to enable the team to compete a week later against Hertz.

The results are there for all to see look how well "sports science" has worked against all the part time teams whose players have to go and do a real job on the Monday.

lucky
17-10-2014, 06:14 PM
I love how Hibs manage to **** up everything ! This was great chance to get fans on board with what's happening behind the scenes but a LD own goal again. She must be our top scorer by now.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
17-10-2014, 06:18 PM

Monday off

Tuesday - training

Wed - training

Thursday - training

Friday - training

Sunday - Game

Wednesday - Game v Utd

The players get recovery sessions, the fans need therapy sessions.

silverhibee
17-10-2014, 06:27 PM
Perhaps the OfficialHFC could post on this thread and respond to address a lot of unhappy fans?

Good shout.

But will never happen.

Zondervan
17-10-2014, 06:31 PM
I was at one of these days already, the one for the "lucky" winners of the season ticket draw.

We seen the players for no more that 15 minutes, the majority of the day was getting shown the facilities and a talk from George Craig and his colleagues.

So, I am guessing this means that is not just the players that are off, but the whole operation down there is closed for business. Why does George Craig etc get the day off to recover?

Sir David Gray
17-10-2014, 06:51 PM
This is really poor from Hibs.

The two games against Livingston and Hearts have been scheduled for their current kick off times for quite a while now so to cancel this event with just 72 hours notice, because the players are getting a day off, is ridiculous.

I try not to be too critical but the club really doesn't help itself at times.

Carheenlea
17-10-2014, 06:53 PM
You really couldn`t make this up.

To treat Mikey like this, organising this on behalf of Hibs.net (who have donated in excess of £50,000 to the club over recent years) and the 50 fans, many of them children, is utterly contemptible.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
17-10-2014, 06:54 PM
Hibs :faf:

marinello59
17-10-2014, 06:56 PM

I don't see the need given that Mikey is in direct contact with them on behalf of those directly affected. He is more than capable of getting any answers required.

easty
17-10-2014, 07:28 PM
I don't see the need given that Mikey is in direct contact with them on behalf of those directly affected. He is more than capable of getting any answers required.

An apology should come direct from the club, not through Mikey.

The Green Goblin
17-10-2014, 07:36 PM

I agree with easty and I would have thought that having an "official" account on here would be to use it in situations exactly like this one?

Ozyhibby
17-10-2014, 07:48 PM
I don't believe for a minute this is about sports science, days off etc.
There is something happening on Monday and they don't want fans at the training centre.

Golden Bear
17-10-2014, 07:51 PM
There is something happening on Monday and they don't want fans at the training centre.

Not often I agree with your views Ozy but the same thought did cross my mind.

marinello59
17-10-2014, 07:52 PM

I hope you are wrong. I put it down to lack of internal club communication.

bingo70
17-10-2014, 07:52 PM

Thinking that as well.

A few days after the chief executive apologises for a few own goals by the club they **** up again.

If the players had a day off she would have insisted upon a few players coming in.

Ozyhibby
17-10-2014, 07:59 PM
Thinking that as well.

A few days after the chief executive apologises for a few own goals by the club they **** up again.

If the players had a day off she would have insisted upon a few players coming in.

Exactly
Sparky?

Ozyhibby
17-10-2014, 08:04 PM
Not often I agree with your views Ozy but the same thought did cross my mind.

You should give it a try more often, I'm on a 7 season winning streak when it comes to predicting our fortunes. :-)

andrew70
17-10-2014, 08:18 PM

I am thinking this as well. If, as they say, the players are off then what's to stop the supporters turning up and being shown round the training centre as per the one scheduled later on a Thursday evening?

dp00
17-10-2014, 09:06 PM
Find it really difficult to believe that they couldn't have apologised said there wouldn't be a training session but everything else would go on as normal and ask 3/4 players to come down to meet the fans ...

Albion Hibs
17-10-2014, 09:17 PM
excellent post albion hibs!!:aok:

It is very frustratin for alot of people someone mentioned eariler in the thread they took the day off for this and im sure they have felt let down, as do alot of other people.

A question for the O.P.. may i ask in your speaking to the club in regards finding out a new time/day for the cancelled event could you maybe consider putting across how let down alot of fans seem to be in regards this? and why the decsion and whom made it was made with so little notice?

As if it is not bad enough @&£?ing all over young and old supporters at the 11th hour they did not even state an alternative time and date. No foresight and no consideration. I have always stood behind the club, almost without exception, but the thought of kids sitting at home disappointed so this bunch of jokers can have another playstation and nandos day is disgraceful.

There is no other service that any of us would pay for, gas, elec, TV etc, that you would accept them cancelling an appointment and effectively saying "don't call us, we will call you".

Ozyhibby
17-10-2014, 09:17 PM
That's exactly what they would have done. There is something else happening.

Brightside
17-10-2014, 09:18 PM
Or LD just read the other thread and said cancel Hibs.net I'm sick of it?

The Green Goblin
17-10-2014, 09:24 PM

If that were true, would she not have cancelled both events? One of them is still going ahead.

Smartie
17-10-2014, 09:24 PM
Hibs PR attempts are beyond woeful these days. Every single time they seem to do something right and take a step forward they do something to totally cock it up. I hate the phrase "you couldn't make it up" which is horribly over-used these days but it really is the only thing suitable when it comes to Hibs.

If they can't see these things through then they just shouldn't organise them in the first place. Better have a neutral PR impact than yet another negative.

There was that Old Gits sketch on Harry Enfield when they're trying to get rid of money (a lottery win possibly) - "Buy a country cottage.... and burn it down", "Buy a racehorse...and shoot it!"

The amount of opportunities we have had to do something positive and yet have managed to turn into a negative is beyond belief.

"Get to a cup final against your closest rivals.....but get pumped"

"Qualify for Europe... but get horsed out 9-0 on aggregate"

"Get a premier league without Rangers and Hearts in it.......but get relegated"

"Arrange golf days/training ground/meal on the pitch events.......but cancel them at short notice"

"Keep prices at premier league levels to allow us to challenge at the top of the league....... then fall miles behind at the start of the season"

"Beat Rangers at Ibrox........ but fail to win either of your next 2 home games"

Believe it or not I'm more of a happy-clappy fan and I actually get a bit fed up with the constant negativity that gets chucked at the club by the fans. But I'm getting increasingly fed up with the club's ability to bring it on itself time after time.

Hibs - get a grip FFS!

NOLA
17-10-2014, 09:26 PM

That'll be it 😈

Haymaker
17-10-2014, 09:28 PM
If we get done by livi they won't want us there asking awkward questions.

That is how I, sadly, see it.

silverhibee
17-10-2014, 10:20 PM

If that's the case then she isn't the right person for the job.

Smartie
17-10-2014, 10:25 PM
If we get done by livi they won't want us there asking awkward questions.

That is how I, sadly, see it.

Given some of the points made higher up this page, I was very surprised when I saw that you had posted this and not "something else".

:aok:

silverhibee
17-10-2014, 10:30 PM
Find it really difficult to believe that they couldn't have apologised said there wouldn't be a training session but everything else would go on as normal and ask 3/4 players to come down to meet the fans ...

This is the baffling bit for me, if things had changed for some reason then Stubbs picks the Captain and 3 other players to be at East Main on Monday to talk to the fans for a hour or so and the rest of the tour goes ahead, you have to ask why do they not want supporters there on Monday, there has to be a reason for it, or are the players refusing to meet the fans. :dunno:

NadeAteMyLunch!
17-10-2014, 10:33 PM
We are literally beyond parody these days. What an utter shambles.
I'm also not convinced that we are being told the truth. Surely not even Hibs can score another own goal, only days after LD's statement about own goals?!
Something else up I think.
The golf day I can kinda understand due to the Ross County game and there may have been a poor uptake. Pretty much all 50 spaces were taken for Monday and our fixtures were changed weeks ago. So so poor. Again

neil7908
17-10-2014, 11:11 PM
Hibs PR attempts are beyond woeful these days. Every single time they seem to do something right and take a step forward they do something to totally cock it up. I hate the phrase "you couldn't make it up" which is horribly over-used these days but it really is the only thing suitable when it comes to Hibs.

If they can't see these things through then they just shouldn't organise them in the first place. Better have a neutral PR impact than yet another negative.

There was that Old Gits sketch on Harry Enfield when they're trying to get rid of money (a lottery win possibly) - "Buy a country cottage.... and burn it down", "Buy a racehorse...and shoot it!"

The amount of opportunities we have had to do something positive and yet have managed to turn into a negative is beyond belief.

"Get to a cup final against your closest rivals.....but get pumped"

"Qualify for Europe... but get horsed out 9-0 on aggregate"

"Get a premier league without Rangers and Hearts in it.......but get relegated"

"Arrange golf days/training ground/meal on the pitch events.......but cancel them at short notice"

"Keep prices at premier league levels to allow us to challenge at the top of the league....... then fall miles behind at the start of the season"

"Beat Rangers at Ibrox........ but fail to win either of your next 2 home games"

Believe it or not I'm more of a happy-clappy fan and I actually get a bit fed up with the constant negativity that gets chucked at the club by the fans. But I'm getting increasingly fed up with the club's ability to bring it on itself time after time.

Hibs - get a grip FFS!

Great post

Velma Dinkley
17-10-2014, 11:14 PM
i'm going to think the worst about this club, no matter what.

Speedy
17-10-2014, 11:28 PM
If that were true, would she not have cancelled both events? One of them is still going ahead.

The one that is going ahead doesn't have a section for watching players train so what was the need to cancel Monday's session.

Haymaker
17-10-2014, 11:57 PM
Given some of the points made higher up this page, I was very surprised when I saw that you had posted this and not "something else".

:aok:

Never really read through the thread so I am not 100% what you mean.

:hyper:

givescotlandfreedom
18-10-2014, 02:36 AM

People are desperate to stick the knife in and stuff like this sure makes it easy.

macca70
18-10-2014, 07:30 AM
People are desperate to stick the knife in and stuff like this sure makes it easy.

Surely rather than outright cancel it, they should have given the choice by asking:

Unfortunately, the players have been given Monday off so won't be about for your tour of East Mains on Monday. It might actually mean you get into a couple more areas than if they had been there eg changing rooms.

We could get a couple of players in for a couple of hours for autographs etc.

Do you still want it to go ahead or postpone it?

Maybe that would have been far too sensible a communication from our shambles of a club!!

marinello59
18-10-2014, 08:25 AM
An apology should come direct from the club, not through Mikey.

The club have responded directly to the fans affected by this. It was a poor decision but why on earth should the club be issuing official statements to appease people who have worked themselves in to a frenzy despite the fact they weren't going on this visit. All sense of perspective is being lost here. Anything the club said in a statement would be ripped to bits and dismissed as lies anyway

Ronniekirk
18-10-2014, 08:36 AM
The club have responded directly to the fans affected by this. It was a poor decision but why on earth should the club be issuing official statements to appease people who have worked themselves in to a frenzy despite the fact they weren't going on this visit. All sense of perspective is being lost here. Anything the club said in a statement would be ripped to bits and dismissed as lies anyway
Doesn't affect me so not that bothered by it all ,but it is ironic in the week Leeann decides to post and talk about scoring own goals that this is another one so quickly . They knew these games were coming up ,so you would have thought that with all the backroom staff we have and advance planning they would have been able to work out what days the players were being given off . Leeann must be pissed off that simple things like this can't be coordinated and communicated within the club to avoid things like this happening .

matty_f
18-10-2014, 09:03 AM

Spot on. I am not surprised at some of the reactions but I am a bit perplexed at some of the conspiracy theories being thrown around. I'm not sure why there needs to be some nefarious reason behind the cancellation. It appears to me that the left hand hasn't worked with the right hand, which has caused the oversight. It's not ideal but it's hardly crime of the century or some unforgivable act.
I'd booked in for this visit and I am disappointed that it was cancelled but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

Speedy
18-10-2014, 10:02 AM

Have they?

Hibeesforever
18-10-2014, 10:11 AM
Sorry folks, the club has called to say that the players have been given the day off and therefore the visit is as been cancelled. I'll work with them early next week to tryternative date within the school holidays.

Could those of you who were to go down on Monday please either PM me, or just post on this thread so that I know you know!

Thanks for the notification, Mikey. Very disappointed about this, I echo the comments from many of other posters. As a club there is a growing sense of disconnect between fans and players.

Benny Brazil
18-10-2014, 12:02 PM

Well I must have missed something then - as all I got was Mikey's message.

GreenLake
18-10-2014, 12:34 PM
You can't make this stuff up.

givescotlandfreedom
18-10-2014, 12:40 PM
Surely rather than outright cancel it, they should have given the choice by asking:

Unfortunately, the players have been given Monday off so won't be about for your tour of East Mains on Monday. It might actually mean you get into a couple more areas than if they had been there eg changing rooms.

We could get a couple of players in for a couple of hours for autographs etc.

Do you still want it to go ahead or postpone it?

Maybe that would have been far too sensible a communication from our shambles of a club!!

:agree: at least then the folk affected are being offered something.

Sir David Gray
18-10-2014, 12:59 PM
Have they?

They haven't responded to all those affected but it was something that had been organised with Hibs.net and the club has contacted the person responsible for organising it on Hibs.net to inform him of the cancellation.

I wouldn't necessarily expect that something like this would make the official website.

Mikey
18-10-2014, 01:07 PM
Just for the sake of clarity I've sent the following PM to those who were due to attend on Monday.......

Hi folks.

I just wanted to let you know that George Craig called me earlier to apologise for the cancellation of Monday's visit down to East Mains. The decision to give the players the day off on Monday was made by Craig Flanagan (Strength and Conditioning Coach) and what he says goes in that respect!

I suspect the next chance to do something similar will be during the Christmas school holidays so I'll see what I can do with that. In the meantime we've agreed that up to 60 people can attend the visit on the evening of Thursday 6th November so if you would like to go to that one then please let me know.

And yes, I did tell him that the players having the day off would be a hot topic if they fail to win later today!

Cheers,
Mike.

Hibs7
18-10-2014, 01:18 PM
Met George Craig a couple of times ..talks the talk but don't walk the walk !!

Deansy
18-10-2014, 01:25 PM
This is maybe a bit 'out there' but couldn't they have asked the players if any of them wanted to volunteer to come in to help out ?. Not to train, just put on a tracksuit and go round with the group and maybe answer the odd question or two - sure that would've delighted most, if not all ?

As it is, LD's 'Statement' is now starting to look more like a 'Declaration Of War' !

leither17
18-10-2014, 01:35 PM
This is maybe a bit 'out there' but couldn't they have asked the players if any of them wanted to volunteer to come in to help out ?. Not to train, just put on a tracksuit and go round with the group and maybe answer the odd question or two - sure that would've delighted most, if not all ?

As it is, LD's 'Statement' is now starting to look more like a 'Declaration Of War' !

Maybe the players are scared/don't want to meet the fans/ashamed to face the fans?

The Gorf
18-10-2014, 03:38 PM
Maybe the players are scared/don't want to meet the fans/ashamed to face the fans?
Nail and head

ancient hibee
18-10-2014, 06:38 PM
Or maybe they've been told to take the day off?

Ozyhibby
18-10-2014, 06:48 PM
More days like today and nobody will care about the odd PR nightmare.

marinello59
18-10-2014, 07:03 PM
More days like today and nobody will care about the odd PR nightmare.

Spot on.

yogi_campfire
18-10-2014, 07:15 PM
If Stubbs and his team think the players having the day off on Monday is the best preparation for playing the Yams and we get a win next Sunday I don't see the complaints aimed towards he players. Especially with a game the following Wednesday with a good Dundee Utd side.

I think that is a separate issue to the club cancelling, surely they could have made alternative arrangements, i.e. taken out the meet the players aspect or if there was an injured player in doing rehab (big Farid?) made the best of an unfortunate situation.

Speedy
18-10-2014, 09:51 PM
They haven't responded to all those affected but it was something that had been organised with Hibs.net and the club has contacted the person responsible for organising it on Hibs.net to inform him of the cancellation.

I wouldn't necessarily expect that something like this would make the official website.

I'm not suggesting they put something on the website, but to say they responded directly to the impacted fans simply isn't true.

I still don't see the necessity to cancel the tour given that they have a format planned for Thursday that doesn't involve the players. Anyway, time to move on and hope that the decision to change the schedule helps get us the 3 points next week.

silverhibee
18-10-2014, 11:08 PM
Hibs FC

Ronniekirk
18-10-2014, 11:11 PM
Hibs FC

:agree::flag: