PDA

View Full Version : Why are most of our youngsters from Hearts/Tynecastle Boys Club?

madhatter
16-10-2014, 06:07 PM
Question in the title - I find it bizarre how many of our current youth seem to have been sourced from same place and all seem to have Hearts/Tynecastle Boys Club links...I think it is testament to how bad our scouting is (not to say they aren't talented guys but surely this is suggestive of looking for the scraps in an area that would normally be dominated by Hearts?). Need to widen scouting range and be less lazy me thinks...

Mikey
16-10-2014, 06:09 PM
Again, if anyone wants to find out how they're doing things now........

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?291076-Hibs-net-Visit-To-East-Mains-(11-places-left-on-Thursday-6th-Nov-Monday-Full)

Please add your name to that thread, not this one.

madhatter
16-10-2014, 06:17 PM
Again, if anyone wants to find out how they're doing things now........

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?291076-Hibs-net-Visit-To-East-Mains-(11-places-left-on-Thursday-6th-Nov-Monday-Full)

Please add your name to that thread, not this one.

Sorry mate - didn't see that one. Cheers.

Cropley10
16-10-2014, 06:30 PM
Question in the title - I find it bizarre how many of our current youth seem to have been sourced from same place and all seem to have Hearts/Tynecastle Boys Club links...I think it is testament to how bad our scouting is (not to say they aren't talented guys but surely this is suggestive of looking for the scraps in an area that would normally be dominated by Hearts?). Need to widen scouting range and be less lazy me thinks...

Do you know much about Tynie Boys Club?

Sent from a phone

Phil D. Rolls
16-10-2014, 07:26 PM
Can I be the first to say "Petrie" ?

bob12345
16-10-2014, 08:09 PM
Can I be the first to say "Petrie" ?

They are one of the biggest youth clubs in Edinburgh, along with Hutchison Vale and Spartans. No official link with Hearts, much like Edina Hibs aren't officially linked to Hibs. Plenty of Hibees playing for their youth teams... I think team mates and standard of coaching usually play a bigger part in a youngster's decision of who to play for.

Sioux
16-10-2014, 08:28 PM
They are one of the biggest youth clubs in Edinburgh, along with Hutchison Vale and Spartans. No official link with Hearts, much like Edina Hibs aren't officially linked to Hibs. Plenty of Hibees playing for their youth teams... I think team mates and standard of coaching usually play a bigger part in a youngster's decision of who to play for.

Exactly. The better players are playing with the bigger boys clubs. Maybe the OP was jumping on the the 'lets bash Hibs' bandwagon. An epic fail methinks.

Brightside
16-10-2014, 08:52 PM
What team they come from has no bearing. Hibs at a younger age group have been going backwards for 10 years. If do away with any kids playing Hibs till at least 14. Talents wasted.

madhatter
16-10-2014, 10:45 PM
Exactly. The better players are playing with the bigger boys clubs. Maybe the OP was jumping on the the 'lets bash Hibs' bandwagon. An epic fail methinks.

Wasn't trying to bash anything. Simply asking a question. I didn't even suggest the Tynie boys were hearts linked all i said it was strange that most seem to have come from same place...of which is closer to Hearts. I do think it has been lazy (poor) scouting in the past to be fair and that isn't taking bash at current regime. Just hope the youth get replenished and re-energised by new regime and net gets thrown far and wide.

Cropley10
16-10-2014, 11:20 PM
Wasn't trying to bash anything. Simply asking a question. I didn't even suggest the Tynie boys were hearts linked all i said it was strange that most seem to have come from same place...of which is closer to Hearts. I do think it has been lazy (poor) scouting in the past to be fair and that isn't taking bash at current regime. Just hope the youth get replenished and re-energised by new regime and net gets thrown far and wide.

Tynecastle is one of the best youth teams in Scotland. Kenny B lack's a big wheel there. Join the dots up...

MSK
17-10-2014, 07:13 AM
Tynecastle is one of the best youth teams in Scotland. Kenny B lack's a big wheel there. Join the dots up...Hibs recently signed a young midfielder from Tyncastle U 14s named Charlie Green ..Charlie is from Gala & after a few games for Gala he was snapped up by Tynie (along with my Nephew Aiden who is a keeper) Charlie was watched by a few clubs & was offered training/trials with Celtic..Man U & The Rangers ...he then opted for Rangers & after a few trial games they offered to sign him but his family found travelling from the borders to Glasgow a bit tricky & he returned to Tynie. Hibs had been waiting in the wings & he signed for us ..

It appears teams such as Tynie are fair with their youth players and encourage them to take up training facilities/trials offered by scouts of senior clubs. Young Charlie was happy playing week in week out at Tynie but was encouraged to move to further his development ..hopefully it works out for him ...& hibs ..

Stantons Angel
17-10-2014, 09:09 AM

I think you may be right here. He doesnt mention either that during the cull of players last summer and before at Hearts a whole load of their young players were made "redundant" due to costs.

The boys were picked up by many clubs not just Hibs.

If people would take the time to look at the present team and see just how many of the youngsters in the squad have came through the Hibs academy system then they would not have as much to moan about.

This negativity must stop and it wont till we get people on side with the club and not just the team. Petrie is the main scapegoat for everything.

IMHO thats in the past, we cant change things there so we have to go forward and be positive, for goodness sake!

jdships
17-10-2014, 10:09 AM
Hibs recently signed a young midfielder from Tyncastle U 14s named Charlie Green ..Charlie is from Gala & after a few games for Gala he was snapped up by Tynie (along with my Nephew Aiden who is a keeper) Charlie was watched by a few clubs & was offered training/trials with Celtic..Man U & The Rangers ...he then opted for Rangers & after a few trial games they offered to sign him but his family found travelling from the borders to Glasgow a bit tricky & he returned to Tynie. Hibs had been waiting in the wings & he signed for us ..

It appears teams such as Tynie are fair with their youth players and encourage them to take up training facilities/trials offered by scouts of senior clubs. Young Charlie was happy playing week in week out at Tynie but was encouraged to move to further his development ..hopefully it works out for him ...& hibs ..

Good post !
I can replicate that story a few times over the years .
Tynie is a good all ropund club who gives the boys a good grounding as well as good advice
:thumbsup::agree:

Craig_HFC
17-10-2014, 10:21 AM
Hibs recently signed a young midfielder from Tyncastle U 14s named Charlie Green ..Charlie is from Gala & after a few games for Gala he was snapped up by Tynie (along with my Nephew Aiden who is a keeper) Charlie was watched by a few clubs & was offered training/trials with Celtic..Man U & The Rangers ...he then opted for Rangers & after a few trial games they offered to sign him but his family found travelling from the borders to Glasgow a bit tricky & he returned to Tynie. Hibs had been waiting in the wings & he signed for us ..

The Rangers wanted to sign Charlie Green?

Worked out well for them the last time.

:greengrin

MSK
17-10-2014, 10:52 AM
The Rangers wanted to sign Charlie Green?

Worked out well for them the last time.

:greengrinMoreso ..he is a celtic fan ..:greengrin

JimBHibees
17-10-2014, 12:15 PM
What team they come from has no bearing. Hibs at a younger age group have been going backwards for 10 years. If do away with any kids playing Hibs till at least 14. Talents wasted.

Why do you think that is?

JimBHibees
17-10-2014, 12:19 PM

Sounds very similar to how Hibs got John Collins. His dad was a window cleaner and would drive John to train with Celtic however John's dad broke his leg and John then got bus to Hibs instead.

hibs0666
17-10-2014, 01:29 PM
Sounds very similar to how Hibs got John Collins. His dad was a window cleaner and would drive John to train with Celtic however John's dad broke his leg and John then got bus to Hibs instead.

John used to travel up with another guy from Stow at one stage.

Turkish Green
17-10-2014, 02:28 PM

Having spent a good part of the last 10 years involved with youth football in the Lothians, I have observed that Hutchie and Tynie tend to recruit the best players at all ages from the west side of the city as well as further afield including the borders. Poaching of players may be against the SYFA rules but I know from first hand experience with my son that it goes on.

While Tynie BC has no official links to Hearts many of their coaches (eg Gary Mackay) are ex-Hearts players and the word of a potential talent soon gets to their academy management. For a long time Hutchie had a tie-in with Hibs and if you look at the Hutchie ex-players list you will see many a well kent name. My lad was at Hutchie from U14 to U19 and we often saw the Hearts scouts at games. The Hibs scouts not so much.

I believe that with the tie-up with The Spartans their will be one combined youth system.

half.time.draw.
17-10-2014, 03:54 PM
Having spent a good part of the last 10 years involved with youth football in the Lothians, I have observed that Hutchie and Tynie tend to recruit the best players at all ages from the west side of the city as well as further afield including the borders. Poaching of players may be against the SYFA rules but I know from first hand experience with my son that it goes on.

While Tynie BC has no official links to Hearts many of their coaches (eg Gary Mackay) are ex-Hearts players and the word of a potential talent soon gets to their academy management. For a long time Hutchie had a tie-in with Hibs and if you look at the Hutchie ex-players list you will see many a well kent name. My lad was at Hutchie from U14 to U19 and we often saw the Hearts scouts at games. The Hibs scouts not so much.

I believe that with the tie-up with The Spartans their will be one combined youth system.

I have not seen Mckay at tynie for years, unless he is dealing with 7 aside football, however Hearts Rangers Celtic and even Raith Rovers Scouts are more noticable at Tynie games.
Hibs had a youth Scout (Not sure of his name), big guy with shaved head who left Hibs for Dundee United youth due to being unhappy with the Hibs set up.

Cropley10
18-10-2014, 07:17 PM

Nice story.

I can't though, for the life of me understand why any boy or parent, unless they're Huns, would even think about sending their laddie to The Rangers.

Barely a player from their youth set up ever makes it to the first team, Murray Park is MILES away, the Clumpany is an utter shambles and, well, I could go on :greengrin

MSK
18-10-2014, 07:30 PM
Nice story.

I can't though, for the life of me understand why any boy or parent, unless they're Huns, would even think about sending their laddie to The Rangers.

Barely a player from their youth set up ever makes it to the first team, Murray Park is MILES away, the Clumpany is an utter shambles and, well, I could go on :greengrinI don't think it would have worked out for him given his name ..:greengrin

My Nephew is being looked at by hibs. & celtic ..he also had trials at rangers but returned to Tynie ..he is hibs daft though so hopefully he will join his mate at EM in the near future ..its so tough watching him play for that boggin maroon outfit ..I cant get round to applauding him when he makes a save ...:greengrin

13668 ...yuck !!