PDA

View Full Version : Keano

Expecting Rain
16-10-2014, 10:36 AM
No negativity alert required and no offence intended but Leeann, Alan Stubbs and Rod Petrie should maybe read this.

The Green Goblin
16-10-2014, 10:39 AM
No negativity alert required and no offence intended but Leeann, Alan Stubbs and Rod Petrie should maybe read this.

Link? What should they read? cheers.

silverhibee
16-10-2014, 10:44 AM

Superb reading. :greengrin

Expecting Rain
16-10-2014, 11:01 AM
Link? What should they read? cheers.

Second Half.

Billy McKirdy
16-10-2014, 11:13 AM
?

WeeRussell
16-10-2014, 11:16 AM
?

They OP is referring to Roy Keane's latest (second) book which was out recently.

How Hibs are going to benefit from our staff reading I'm not sure - you'll have to ask the OP. Unless, of course, he is just recommending it as a good book to them :greengrin

Expecting Rain
16-10-2014, 11:58 AM
Ha ha, every reader would be enlightened by different aspects, I'm not rewriting it all in thread form!

Keith_M
16-10-2014, 12:01 PM
Ha ha, every reader would be enlightened by different aspects, I'm not rewriting it all in thread form!

Writing what?

It would help if you told us that, at the very least.

Could I please nominate this thread for the 'Epic Fail Of The Week' Award?

:greengrin

Baker9
16-10-2014, 12:15 PM
He makes a direct reference to Hibs during his time at Celtic. The way I read it, he was surpised at the quality we had in the team particularly with the 2 in midfield. One was Thomson and the other he couldn't remember. I'm part way through it and it's a decent read.

ahibby
16-10-2014, 12:22 PM
He makes a direct reference to Hibs during his time at Celtic. The way I read it, he was surpised at the quality we had in the team particularly with the 2 in midfield. One was Thomson and the other he couldn't remember. I'm part way through it and it's a decent read.

He might not mention this in his book but he did at the time after the game, that he was surprised and proud to see a football stadium in Scotland outside Glasgow with Irish heritage. It took him aback to see ER decked out in green and white around all four stands. He said he expected it at Celtic Park so that was no surprise to him, but Easter Road was. The other mid field player might have been Scott Brown.

keep the faith
16-10-2014, 12:27 PM

I remember Michael Stewart not giving Keane a kick of the ball that day.

Baker9
16-10-2014, 12:33 PM
He might not mention this in his book but he did at the time after the game, that he was surprised and proud to see a football stadium in Scotland outside Glasgow with Irish heritage. It took him aback to see ER decked out in green and white around all four stands. He said he expected it at Celtic Park so that was no surprise to him, but Easter Road was. The other mid field player might have been Scott Brown.

More than likely it was Brown (or Stewart as suggested above). I think he also rated the team as a whole and it seemed to change his notion that games would be easy in Scotland.

TRC
16-10-2014, 12:35 PM
Did Kevin McCann not go through him like a ton of bricks

ahibby
16-10-2014, 12:37 PM
More than likely it was Brown (or Stewart as suggested above). I think he also rated the team as a whole and it seemed to change his notion that games would be easy in Scotland.

I think he would have remembered Mikey Stewart with him having been at Man Utd too.

overdrive
16-10-2014, 12:38 PM

He would surely know who Michael Stewart is, given they were team mates and Stewart was his understudy for a short time.

(EDIT: Too slow)

keep the faith
16-10-2014, 01:13 PM
Yeah I remember Keane taking Stewart on trial at Sunderland when he fell out with JC.

we are hibs
16-10-2014, 01:19 PM
Did Kevin McCann not go through him like a ton of bricks

Was it not jay shields?

The_Horde
16-10-2014, 01:54 PM

Would've been boozy?

Danderhall Hibs
16-10-2014, 02:07 PM
Might've been Ross Chisolm.

Stevo1875
16-10-2014, 03:02 PM
http://spfl.co.uk/premiership/fixture/2652480/

CelticFormation: 4-4-2
01.Artur Boruc
02.Paul Telfer
12.Mark Wilson
23.Stanislav Varga
44.Stephen McManus
16.Roy Keane
18.Neil Lennon
19.Stiliyan Petrov
25.Shunsuke Nakamura
07.Maciej Zurawski
10.John Hartson
Substitutes22.David Marshall
08.Alan Thompson
11.Stephen Pearson
29.Shaun Maloney
33.Ross Wallace
46.Aiden McGeady
09.Dion Dublin

HibernianFormation: 4-4-2
31.Zbigniew Malkowski
02.Steven Whittaker
04.Gary Caldwell
04.Chris Hogg
15.Oumar Konde
03.David Murphy
08.Kevin Thomson
09.Steven Fletcher
13.Stephen Glass
24.Jay Shields
10.Derek Riordan
Substitutes01.Simon Brown
16.Antonio Murray
17.Ivan Sproule
10.Abdessalam Benjelloun
19.Amadou Konte
22.Dean Shiels
27.Paul Dalglish

PeterboroHibee
16-10-2014, 03:14 PM

The way he speaks about that game would suggest it played a part in his decision to retire (along with his injury problems).

Im over half way through it, and to be honest, Id say its a fairly bog standard footballer autobiography. The media have obviously picked up on a few parts of it that, particularly out of context do seem quite bad, but Ive definitely read more interesting and insightful books from footballers.

Im also not really sure it was necessary for him to bring out a book so soon after the last one (lets face it, hes only 43 and the last book was just over 12 years ago), especially as he could have another 20-30 years in the game ahead of him.

silverhibee
16-10-2014, 04:03 PM
http://spfl.co.uk/premiership/fixture/2652480/

CelticFormation: 4-4-2
01.Artur Boruc
02.Paul Telfer
12.Mark Wilson
23.Stanislav Varga
44.Stephen McManus
16.Roy Keane
18.Neil Lennon
19.Stiliyan Petrov
25.Shunsuke Nakamura
07.Maciej Zurawski
10.John Hartson
Substitutes22.David Marshall
08.Alan Thompson
11.Stephen Pearson
29.Shaun Maloney
33.Ross Wallace
46.Aiden McGeady
09.Dion Dublin

HibernianFormation: 4-4-2
31.Zbigniew Malkowski
02.Steven Whittaker
04.Gary Caldwell
04.Chris Hogg
15.Oumar Konde
03.David Murphy
08.Kevin Thomson
09.Steven Fletcher
13.Stephen Glass
24.Jay Shields
10.Derek Riordan
Substitutes01.Simon Brown
16.Antonio Murray
17.Ivan Sproule
10.Abdessalam Benjelloun
19.Amadou Konte
22.Dean Shiels
27.Paul Dalglish

Scottish football is certainly on the decline, look at both teams and subs bench compared to the players playing in Scotland just now.

Danderhall Hibs
16-10-2014, 04:14 PM
Scottish football is certainly on the decline, look at both teams and subs bench compared to the players playing in Scotland just now.

Yeah - Simon Brown, Antonio Murray, Konte and dalglish are legends. :greengrin I often dream of welcoming them back.

silverhibee
16-10-2014, 06:10 PM
Yeah - Simon Brown, Antonio Murray, Konte and dalglish are legends. :greengrin I often dream of welcoming them back.

:thumbsup:

Celtcs bench in that team alone would beat out starting 11 just now. Convincingly.

Stevie Reid
16-10-2014, 07:28 PM

Dalglish was good for us. Think we let him go too early.

tamig
16-10-2014, 09:37 PM
Great article here;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2789533/roy-keane-s-book-second-half-masterpiece-reveals-long-hidden-good-points.html

Eyrie
16-10-2014, 09:45 PM
Dalglish was good for us. Think we let him go too early.

He only played 45 minutes in Alan Sneddon's testimonial and never left the centre circle in all that time. Mind you, I think he set up Keith Wright for a hat trick so imagine if he'd played an entire game?

Criswell
16-10-2014, 09:48 PM

Ehm.. THought there might have been a wee clue in the name of the club!