PDA

View Full Version : Plastic pitches

Waxy
14-10-2014, 06:22 PM
They seem to have given teams such as Hamilton and Alloa a fair advantage at home.If we had one at Easter road it could make us harder to beat.All teams seem to have been looking forward trips to Easter road the last few seasons.
Are these pitches the future of football anyway?

Jonnyboy
14-10-2014, 06:29 PM
They seem to have given teams such as Hamilton and Alloa a fair advantage at home.If we had one at Easter road it could make us harder to beat.All teams seem to have been looking forward trips to Easter road the last few seasons.

No, no a thousand times no (but only one vote, sadly)

Michael
14-10-2014, 06:30 PM
I don't mind other teams having plastic pitches, but I'd be disappointed if we went down that road. And really, does anyone think it would actually improve us? Call me old fashioned, but if we're gonna be crap, I'd rather it were on proper grass.

Scouse Hibee
14-10-2014, 06:38 PM
We had a similar thread very recently did we not? Answer is still the same NO, NEVER, football should be played on grass.

Sir David Gray
14-10-2014, 06:49 PM
Football should be played on grass.

That's all.

Onceinawhile
14-10-2014, 06:56 PM

Exactly. Hamilton hammered us at new douglas park and it was only our storming performance on the easter road grass thay got us to penalties.

silverhibee
14-10-2014, 06:57 PM
No, but it's not supporters you should be asking as we don't play on the surface, but if you were to ask football players then it will be grass everytime for them.

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-10-2014, 06:58 PM
Can't beat the start of a season and ER pitch looking like a beautiful carpet. Yeah it can get messy in the winter but that's football. I hope we never have a fake pitch!

eastterrace
14-10-2014, 07:29 PM
Can't beat the start of a season and ER pitch looking like a beautiful carpet. Yeah it can get messy in the winter but that's football. I hope we never have a fake pitch!

we could get a fake pitch to go with the fake team we have, seriously im not for the artificial pitches.

Eyrie
14-10-2014, 08:21 PM
Define "plastic" please.

If it's one of the state of the art pitches used in the English Premiership then I'd be in favour (assuming we could afford the installation and maintenance).

HappyAsHellas
14-10-2014, 08:49 PM
Define "plastic" please.

If it's one of the state of the art pitches used in the English Premiership then I'd be in favour (assuming we could afford the installation and maintenance).

These pitches are actually grass, the main difference being that underneath the grass there is a woven plastic structure which the grass adheres to, thereby making it stronger. This has to be the way forward, and whilst they are expensive just now (approx 500k) I'm sure the price will come down down as more companies venture into this market. On a separate issue, the womens world cup is due to be played on plastic pitches in Canada. I pray it is an unmitigated disaster.

Persevere80
14-10-2014, 09:56 PM

That's all.
This

(Always wanted to do that :D)

Hermit Crab
14-10-2014, 10:02 PM
Just NO! Close thread.

portycabbage
14-10-2014, 10:16 PM

That's all.

Might be part of the reason for our form - perhaps we'd be better off playing on amphetamines?:dunno:

P.s. Just say no kids. And to plastic pitches too.

WeeRussell
15-10-2014, 11:35 AM

That's the thing - I don't think our pitch is ever in enough of a state for long enough that we need to go down this line.

I don't recall ever playing on a grass surface as good as Easter Rd but I have played on one or two good-quality artificial surfaces... I would still take the amateur grass pitches every time :agree:

I do know of others that have the opposite opinion though.

PatHead
15-10-2014, 12:05 PM
Maybe Scotland should play Germany at Alloa, visiting teams seem to struggle there.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
15-10-2014, 09:26 PM
Plastic pitches will get better.

And when they do, hopefully we will have a consistent year round surface to allow teams to play football and banish the winter time cabbage patch crud we currently endure.

Our climate is a hindrance to good football.