PDA

View Full Version : Chill out

madhatter
14-10-2014, 05:18 PM
I think whilst it'll be tough, we all need to relax a bit and be less vocal in our displeasure at the team. A winning culture doesn't come from booing and berating. Comes from cultivating athleticism, skill and tactical awareness. Granted some of the current squad are lacking in all of these areas, some are lacking in a few and others have a bit of each but not enough. No one can question why Stanton, Harris or another youngster is not getting a game - as a young player would some part of you try too hard or perhaps hide if you heard the boos from the stands? - I'd try too hard and make mistakes. At the end of the day, culture needs to change: I've watched Scottish youths play football and I've watched Spanish youths play and by no way is this a clear cut indicator but in many Scottish games I've watched coaches and parents screaming what is on the verge of verbal abuse at the kids and seen an all out brawl between 11 yrd olds. Diet and mentality in Scotland (England as well actually) is all wrong. To turn the club around will take an environment able to cultivate players of the standard we expect. Not to blame the fans but sadly I find our temperament has either diminished a players potential or has, in part, caused a decline in our club.

Relax as much as you all can. Remember it is just football. Remember this is the club we all hold dearly and ultimately we all want fantastic European nights and challenging at the top. It'll come as long as we all believe and support the vision.

Waxy
14-10-2014, 05:27 PM
Things could be far worse. We could be down but still have the same people in the same jobs who took us down.
Thankfully we are in better hands and are trying to be fixed properly.
We are where we are because of previous regime.

Ronniekirk
14-10-2014, 05:41 PM
I
I think whilst it'll be tough, we all need to relax a bit and be less vocal in our displeasure at the team. A winning culture doesn't come from booing and berating. Comes from cultivating athleticism, skill and tactical awareness. Granted some of the current squad are lacking in all of these areas, some are lacking in a few and others have a bit of each but not enough. No one can question why Stanton, Harris or another youngster is not getting a game - as a young player would some part of you try too hard or perhaps hide if you heard the boos from the stands? - I'd try too hard and make mistakes. At the end of the day, culture needs to change: I've watched Scottish youths play football and I've watched Spanish youths play and by no way is this a clear cut indicator but in many Scottish games I've watched coaches and parents screaming what is on the verge of verbal abuse at the kids and seen an all out brawl between 11 yrd olds. Diet and mentality in Scotland (England as well actually) is all wrong. To turn the club around will take an environment able to cultivate players of the standard we expect. Not to blame the fans but sadly I find our temperament has either diminished a players potential or has, in part, caused a decline in our club.

Relax as much as you all can. Remember it is just football. Remember this is the club we all hold dearly and ultimately we all want fantastic European nights and challenging at the top. It'll come as long as we all believe and support the vision.

Message understood and beer in fridge chillin for Scotland game later tonight .

madhatter
14-10-2014, 05:42 PM
I

Message understood and beer in fridge chillin for Scotland game later tonight .

:Awright!:

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-10-2014, 05:50 PM
How pish do we need to become before the coffee granules give off enough of an aroma for people to smell them?

green day
14-10-2014, 05:55 PM
How pish do we need to become before the coffee granules give off enough of an aroma for people to smell them?

It's not about waking up. Everyone has woken up.

The OP is stating something that doesn't get much airtime among the - understandable - angst.

I agree with him, its brutal right now but I'm not giving myself an aneurysm over it.

madhatter
14-10-2014, 06:00 PM

I personally don't like coffee, more of a tea man myself. However, sometimes someone else has some coffee and I can smell it quite clearly, it does have a potent wakening effect but I admit, even then, thoughts about how garbage Hibs are don't enter my mind. I'd rather focus on how to make my life better and take some enjoyment from watching football on a Saturday...

Should we all be crying our eyes out in the stands on a Saturday?

Chill out and watch the Scotland game if you can. No point getting unduly stressed out about Hibs. As my Dad has told me many times in the past, "stop caring so much about Hibs, they don't give a damn about you so why are you so caring about them?". This is true sadly, owners of the club and those on the board will never ever care as much about us, as we do about the club but having said that, I'd like to prevent as many Easter Road originating coronaries as possible.

It is but a game played on some grass. Try to influence the club in to improving itself for both the club and it's fans plus turn up on Saturdays - that is all we can do. Enjoy it - all who turn up on a Saturday must clearly still enjoy something.

Mikey09
14-10-2014, 06:46 PM
I personally don't like coffee, more of a tea man myself. However, sometimes someone else has some coffee and I can smell it quite clearly, it does have a potent wakening effect but I admit, even then, thoughts about how garbage Hibs are don't enter my mind. I'd rather focus on how to make my life better and take some enjoyment from watching football on a Saturday...

Should we all be crying our eyes out in the stands on a Saturday?

Chill out and watch the Scotland game if you can. No point getting unduly stressed out about Hibs. As my Dad has told me many times in the past, "stop caring so much about Hibs, they don't give a damn about you so why are you so caring about them?". This is true sadly, owners of the club and those on the board will never ever care as much about us, as we do about the club but having said that, I'd like to prevent as many Easter Road originating coronaries as possible.

It is but a game played on some grass. Try to influence the club in to improving itself for both the club and it's fans plus turn up on Saturdays - that is all we can do. Enjoy it - all who turn up on a Saturday must clearly still enjoy something.

Well said sir!! Agree with everything you say..... With such a sensible post be prepared to be accused of "being a happy clapper", "wake up and smell the coffee" (oops, already had that one aimed at you I see!!) "this has been done to death", as has booing, abuse and pointless e mails and that hasn't worked to my knowledge, "what else can we do!!", or pretty much be ignored as that's the norm with sensible posts such as yours..... I will say again though, WELL SAID.... :top marks

Steve20
15-10-2014, 05:29 AM
I can't believe people are still ok with what's going on. There should have been an outright boycott at the end of last season until Petrie was removed.

A lot of the players who took us down are still there and the football is still not great and the results are still terrible. So yes, people are angry at being charged Ridiculously high prices to be screwed over by the club again.

Peevemor
15-10-2014, 05:41 AM
I can't believe people are still ok with what's going on. There should have been an outright boycott at the end of last season until Petrie was removed.

A lot of the players who took us down are still there and the football is still not great and the results are still terrible. So yes, people are angry at being charged Ridiculously high prices to be screwed over by the club again.

A boycott of what and when, and what would it have changed?

Phil D. Rolls
15-10-2014, 06:09 AM
This is probably the darkest period I've experienced following Hibs. I can't ever remember a time when the support has been so divided. Regrettably, I think it's going to get much worse. I fear that we have a good distance to go before we hit the bottom.