PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Poland vs Scotland

Pages : 1 [2]

SteveHFC
14-10-2014, 10:23 PM
Will the £35 tickets be decent enough or is it worth the extra tenner for the North?

I'm getting the £35 tickets tomorrow mate. Don't care where i sit as long as i'm at the game. Also tempted to get England tickets too. :greengrin

Glorious St Pat
14-10-2014, 10:24 PM
The only bigoted folk on here in my opinion are those with the St's in their name or irish flags in their avatars. Me i dont give a toss what religion anyone is, its all bull**** and lies.

Thanks for that Blackpool.. Sweeping generalisations. For me I hope both the Celtic nations go through.

Scottie
14-10-2014, 10:27 PM
Yeah let's have more Huns in the ground shouting Fenian this and Fenian that... Just what I want at a Scotland game. Your post continues the underhand bigotry I already accused you of.

FFS I must have come on the wrong thread. :confused:

Thought this his was the Poland v Scotland thread. :rolleyes:

If you want to continue your debate can you post this garbage on 'The holy ground'. :cb

silverhibee
14-10-2014, 10:31 PM
Yeah let's have more Huns in the ground shouting Fenian this and Fenian that... Just what I want at a Scotland game. Your post continues the underhand bigotry I already accused you of.

Step away from the keyboard.

Really WTF.

Glorious St Pat
14-10-2014, 10:36 PM
FFS I must have come on the wrong thread. :confused:

Thought this his was the Poland v Scotland thread. :rolleyes:

If you want to continue your debate can you post this garbage on 'The holy ground'. :cb

Some are being rather naive here when such a fixture presents a perfect opportunity for such Hun Scotland supporters to vent their anti Irish and anti Catholic venom. Hence my response to the previous 'hostile' venue post of Ibrox as a ground for the match. If some can't see that, I give up.

Glorious St Pat
14-10-2014, 10:38 PM
Step away from the keyboard.

Really WTF.

Just responding to previous post about Ibrox being a more 'hostile' venue with more Rangers fans in the ground. Isn't the person alluding to bigotry against Ireland or are we being naive?

Pretty Boy
14-10-2014, 10:38 PM
Some are being rather naive here when such a fixture presents a perfect opportunity for such Hun Scotland supporters to vent their anti Irish and anti Catholic venom. Hence my response to the previous 'hostile' venue post of Ibrox as a ground for the match. If some can't see that, I give up.

As someone who was raised a Catholic with Irish ancestry on both sides of my family I wish you would give up because you're going to bore me to death if you keep dragging this thread down such a tedious path. You're seeing a problem where there isn't one.

Glorious St Pat
14-10-2014, 10:43 PM
As someone who was raised a Catholic with Irish ancestry on both sides of my family I wish you would give up because you're going to bore me to death if you keep dragging this thread down such a tedious path. You're seeing a problem where there isn't one.

We share the same background and I feel it's not a tedious path as Im still waiting a reply on the 'hostile' Ibrox comments and it's meaning.

Scottie
14-10-2014, 10:44 PM
:wtf:

I think the majority on here would WANT you 'to give up'.

As I said I thought this thread was about tonight's game not some free for all bigotfest.

SunshineOnLeith
14-10-2014, 10:45 PM
I didn't realise Glorious St Pats was the same poster who's bringing a banner to the derby which hijacks "Lest we forget" for the purposes of petty point scoring.

Some Rangers fans booing the Ireland team is much worse than that, right enough :rolleyes:

Anyway, accidental thread hijack over. Scotland were pretty good tonight, am I right? :agree:

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-10-2014, 10:48 PM

Who mentioned sectarian stuff at a Scotland game apart from you?

Glorious St Pat
14-10-2014, 10:55 PM
Ireland game should have been at Ibrox. Screw 'fairness' (i.e. giving Celtic/Rangers one game each), having the game at Ibrox would have been a more hostile atmosphere for the Irish, and that's to Scotland's advantage.

Scotland v Ireland in a friendly, fine, play it at Parkhead. Competitive fixture should be Ibrox or, if unavailable, Murrayfield. (Obviously in the present situation of Hampden being unavailable)

The above is Sunshine's post and I still await an explanation on his 'hostile' comment. I merely filled in the blanks and then Get accused of being a bigot.

As for the poppy banner, it's not coming due to objection to the lest we forget phrase. To ram the Yams for their theft is not petty points scoring IMO.

Glorious St Pat
14-10-2014, 10:57 PM
Who mentioned sectarian stuff at a Scotland game apart from you?

Sunshine's post mentioned Ibrox as a more hostile venue with more Huns in the ground - isn't this alluding to bigotry?

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-10-2014, 11:01 PM
I didn't realise Glorious St Pats was the same poster who's bringing a banner to the derby which hijacks "Lest we forget" for the purposes of petty point scoring.

Some Rangers fans booing the Ireland team is much worse than that, right enough :rolleyes:

Anyway, accidental thread hijack over. Scotland were pretty good tonight, am I right? :agree:

It's a bit of a shocker of an indictment of the guys opinion of the Scottish national teams fans as a whole. I've been going to Scotland games for years and can count on the fingers of one hand how often I've ever heard any sectarian talk.

Mibbes Aye
14-10-2014, 11:03 PM
Surely Hutton isn't the only competent RB we have!?

Lewis :confused:

Obvious solution.

Bring in Lewis at RB.

Switch Hutton to LB.

Job done :agree: :wink:

over the line
14-10-2014, 11:08 PM
Sunshine's post mentioned Ibrox as a more hostile venue with more Huns in the ground - isn't this alluding to bigotry?

Well it probably would be a more hostile atmosphere at Ibrox wouldn't it? This would give Scotland an advantage wouldn't it? Doesn't make any of the posters on here a bigot does it?

I hope that has helped to resolve this misunderstanding.

SaulGoodman
14-10-2014, 11:14 PM

Closer to the pitch, better atmosphere, fans closer together.

Park head is a *****hole with a dead atmosphere.

EDIT: I look forward to you trying to point out bigotry in my post.

SunshineOnLeith
14-10-2014, 11:15 PM
Well it probably would be a more hostile atmosphere at Ibrox wouldn't it? This would give Scotland an advantage wouldn't it? Doesn't make any of the posters on here a bigot does it?

I hope that has helped to resolve this misunderstanding.

You underhanded bigot.

over the line
14-10-2014, 11:20 PM
You underhanded bigot.

Damn, you've rumbled my thinly veiled sectarian agenda! ;):)

SteveHFC
14-10-2014, 11:21 PM

^^^

Bigot :greengrin

over the line
14-10-2014, 11:26 PM

Point out bigotry in your post.......ok then.........I can clearly see the word bigotry written in your post! Come on, that was just too easy! ;):)

Time For Heroes
14-10-2014, 11:35 PM
Wow.
Only on Hibs.net

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-10-2014, 11:39 PM
Wow.
Only on Hibs.net

What do you mean?

Time For Heroes
14-10-2014, 11:41 PM
What do you mean?

From talking about the Scotland then all this nonsense about bigotry.

weonlywon6-2
14-10-2014, 11:49 PM
Do the majority of old firm fans not follow scotland anyway so dont see the arguement here.
Doesnt matter where we play the game

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-10-2014, 11:52 PM
From talking about the Scotland then all this nonsense about bigotry.

I know, I was just hoping you might've fanned the flames a bit. :-)

Time For Heroes
14-10-2014, 11:54 PM
I know, I was just hoping you might've fanned the flames a bit. :-)

:D
Went for a one line explanation, don't want to get kicked off here for being a bigot. :greengrin

Hibrandenburg
15-10-2014, 04:59 AM
I don't want to sound old-firmish but I don't want a little thing like this to give them even a 1% advantage. I'd tell the Huns to move their game and have the Irish visit ibrox. **** just got real.

Might follow your lead for the Ireland game. It's amazing how people (like myself) suddenly become interested in their national team when they are doing well.

FFS. I turned it off as I was tired of watching 22 drones just hovering about doing **** all. :rolleyes:

Let's show these Irish separatists just how British we are. Union flags and God save the Queen. We are the 55!!!!

Albanian Hibs
15-10-2014, 07:47 AM
Oh dear. Why don't you like Serbians?

Where would you like me to start..?

Keith_M
15-10-2014, 07:53 AM
From memory, though, I think we have Germany at home in our penultimate game and I hoped they'd have qualified by then, meaning they wouldn't be giving it their all.

The Huns* are NOT going to qualify and we're gonna hump them rotten anyway!

:saltireflag

* Sorry for being a Bigot :wink:

PeeJay
15-10-2014, 08:48 AM
The Huns* are NOT going to qualify and we're gonna hump them rotten anyway!

:saltireflag

* Sorry for being a Bigot :wink:

By all accounts a good performance by Scotland last night and a vital point - Scotland needs to keep collecting points against the "lesser teams" as - despite the current wobble by the German world champions, who will surely - as always - qualify :agree:, and by the time Germany get around to playing us, they will have sorted themselves out and the injured players will have returned, so a draw is probably the most we can hope for ... as Yogi says: "Nächstes Jahr schlagen wir zurück"

Keith_M
15-10-2014, 09:04 AM
By all accounts a good performance by Scotland last night and a vital point - Scotland needs to keep collecting points against the "lesser teams" as - despite the current wobble by the German world champions, who will surely - as always - qualify :agree:, and by the time Germany get around to playing us, they will have sorted themselves out and the injured players will have returned, so a draw is probably the most we can hope for ... as Yogi says: "Nächstes Jahr schlagen wir zurück"

Maybe, but what does BooBoo say?

:wink:

Sylar
15-10-2014, 09:22 AM
I'd have had the Ireland game away from Glasgow altogether to avoid any small-minded notions of bigoted motivation for stadium selection personally, but I'm aware that limits the potential venues.

Is Murrayfield still out of action? If it's good enough to host Celtc's champions league games, surely it's a valid option for hosting Scotland vs Ireland?

Keith_M
15-10-2014, 09:36 AM
I'd have had the Ireland game away from Glasgow altogether to avoid any small-minded notions of bigoted motivation for stadium selection personally, but I'm aware that limits the potential venues.

Is Murrayfield still out of action? If it's good enough to host Celtc's champions league games, surely it's a valid option for hosting Scotland vs Ireland?

Murrayfield is available but would never in a million years be chosen by the SFA over Ibrox or Parkhead.

I would love to have seen ALL Scotland's games played at Murrayfield while Hampden was out of action.

--- Actually, you could remove the 'while Hampden was out of action' part of that sentence and it would be even more true.

blackpoolhibs
15-10-2014, 09:39 AM
Thanks for that Blackpool.. Sweeping generalisations. For me I hope both the Celtic nations go through.

Sweeping generalisation, maybe but true for the folk who post on this board. You look at any thread that turns into crap about religion, its full of irish tri colours and St this and James Connolly that.

As for both celtic nations going through, i don't give a toss who goes through with us. And that's from someone who was brought up a catholic.

I'm Scottish not Irish.

PeeJay
15-10-2014, 09:41 AM
Maybe, but what does BooBoo say?

:wink:

Never seen BooBoo for years :greengrin - just thinking, that goes a long way back, but then I guess repeats ... I'm off to YouTube!

silverhibee
15-10-2014, 09:48 AM
We share the same background and I feel it's not a tedious path as Im still waiting a reply on the 'hostile' Ibrox comments and it's meaning.

Big f***ing deal if you share the same background with PB, you are slavering pish on a thread that has nothing to with religion, by the way I'm Church of Scotland, please put me on your ignore list if that isn't to your liking, but FFS shut up about this crap.

AndyM_1875
15-10-2014, 09:58 AM
Do the majority of old firm fans not follow scotland anyway so dont see the arguement here.
Doesnt matter where we play the game

Rangers fans have all sorts of issues with the SFA so if anything Celtic fans are a lot more pro Scotland than their city rivals.
You have the national team being managed by a popular former Celtic manager, whose tenure at Parkhead history is judging kindly and a number of current Celtic players.
Not hard to see.

Danderhall Hibs
15-10-2014, 10:48 AM
I hate religion.

Hibrandenburg
15-10-2014, 11:01 AM
I hate religion.

:agree:

It's not guns that kill people :blah:

Scott Allan Key
15-10-2014, 11:03 AM

It's not guns that kill people :blah:

Or religion, its fevered egos.

SteveHFC
15-10-2014, 11:05 AM
1 hr 30 wait to buy tickets on the ticket website for next month's games. Lovely :rolleyes:

SteveHFC
15-10-2014, 11:16 AM
Tickets confirmed :thumbsup:

Mikey09
15-10-2014, 11:41 AM

Just out of interest, how much were they Steve??

WeeRussell
15-10-2014, 11:42 AM

:saltireflag See you there.

Must win :agree:

SteveHFC
15-10-2014, 11:43 AM
Just out of interest, how much were they Steve??

Got 3 tickets for the Ireland game at £35 each and 2 tickets for the England game at £50 each. :duck::greengrin

SteveHFC
15-10-2014, 11:44 AM
:saltireflag See you there.

Must win :agree:

Where you sitting mate?

I'll be in the Jock Stein upper for both games.

WeeRussell
15-10-2014, 12:02 PM
Where you sitting mate?

I'll be in the Jock Stein upper for both games.

No idea pal, haven't even received confirmation that my ticket has been bought haha...

but I'll be there. :aok:

SteveHFC
15-10-2014, 12:11 PM
No idea pal, haven't even received confirmation that my ticket has been bought haha...

but I'll be there. :aok:

I did :greengrin

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnwy9d0X5u1qh2mpqo1_500.gif

Tyler Durden
15-10-2014, 12:25 PM

Is it the equivalent of a public sale or do you need a Scotland membership or anything?

SteveHFC
15-10-2014, 12:26 PM
Is it the equivalent of a public sale or do you need a Scotland membership or anything?

Public sale mate. But you'll have a long wait to get them.

http://www0.scottishfa.talent-sport.co.uk/?returnUrl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.scottishfa.talent-sport.co.uk%2fdefault.aspx

Tyler Durden
15-10-2014, 12:28 PM
Thanks.

As someone else said, it's amazing how some decent performances can reignite an interest.

Gives me hope for Hibs....

over the line
15-10-2014, 12:43 PM
Let's show these Irish separatists just how British we are. Union flags and God save the Queen. We are the 55!!!!

Don't you mean "we are the 63!!!" ? ;):)

HibeeHendo
15-10-2014, 02:50 PM
I did :greengrin

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnwy9d0X5u1qh2mpqo1_500.gif

How many tickets can you buy at one time?

SteveHFC
15-10-2014, 02:53 PM
How many tickets can you buy at one time?

Many as you want mate.

ekhibee
15-10-2014, 03:32 PM
Oh dear. Why don't you like Serbians?
http://youtu.be/N2alX7CLmd4

Pete
15-10-2014, 03:38 PM
http://youtu.be/N2alX7CLmd4

Shocking amount of smoke bombs.

DarrenSQH
15-10-2014, 03:47 PM

Thank god no one had asthma.

silverhibee
15-10-2014, 03:52 PM

They were flares. :greengrin

HibeeHendo
15-10-2014, 04:17 PM
The waiting times are unreal. I hope the tickets for the Ireland game don't sell out today.

SteveHFC
15-10-2014, 05:14 PM
The waiting times are unreal. I hope the tickets for the Ireland game don't sell out today.

I had to wait 50mins before I got through.

Hibster
15-10-2014, 05:36 PM
Just tried, and failed, to book on my phone. Finally got in after 2 hour wait, only for the page to refresh itself and put me back to the start of queue

Anyone think the Ireland game will sell out today?

HH81
15-10-2014, 06:05 PM
£50.00 for a friendly :confused:

Far too overpriced but looks like a sell out.

SteveHFC
15-10-2014, 07:49 PM
Apparently the Ireland game is sold out already.

Col2
15-10-2014, 08:03 PM
What a shocking online experience, wait for 90 mins then start again and then wait for another 90 mins and start again.

HH81
15-10-2014, 08:15 PM
What a shocking online experience, wait for 90 mins then start again and then wait for another 90 mins and start again.

I had a look for laugh and got in after 5 mins maybe you doing something wrong :confused:

SteveHFC
15-10-2014, 08:16 PM
http://i.imgur.com/0OPDXrK.png

SteveHFC
20-10-2014, 02:35 PM
http://www.scottishfa.talent-sport.co.uk/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/standAndAreaSelection.aspx?stadium=CP&product=REPI14&type=H&

Tickets on sale for the Lisbon Lions Stand.

pacorosssco
24-10-2014, 04:24 PM
are there any buses going from edinburgh that people know about?

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-10-2014, 11:41 AM
Citylink 900? Im on the 10:47 from Haymarket with my old man.

bod
25-10-2014, 12:07 PM
the Church Of Maradona Tartan Army run a bus from Edinburgh i'm sure h18sry has something to do with it. try n contact him

Frazerbob
25-10-2014, 12:13 PM
Edinburgh Tartan Army run buses from Dianne's Pool Hall to every game but usually fill up long before match day.

H18sry
25-10-2014, 04:28 PM
are there any buses going from edinburgh that people know about?