PDA

View Full Version : Under 20's/Development league - Kilmarnock 1 Hibs 2 FT

Billy Whizz
14-10-2014, 01:37 PM
Tean away to Killie this afternoon . Unfortunately I can't make it, 2pm KO. Losing 1-0
Team is

Perntreou Dunsmore Martyniuk McGregor Crane
Handling Harris Martin Stanton
L Allan Jake Sinclair

hibs4thecup1988
14-10-2014, 02:09 PM
Tean away to Killie this afternoon . Unfortunately I can't make it, 2pm KO. Losing 1-0
Team is

Perntreou Dunsmore Martyniuk McGregor Crane
Handling Harris Martin Stanton
L Allan Jake Sinclair

1-1 now

Billy
14-10-2014, 02:17 PM
Neil Martyniuk levelled with a cracking header.

andrew70
14-10-2014, 02:23 PM
2-1 Hibs. Handling

hibs4thecup1988
14-10-2014, 02:23 PM
Neil Martyniuk levelled with a cracking header.

2-1 now...

Billy
14-10-2014, 02:25 PM
Great goal from Danny, 25 yarder which the keeper just watched sailing into his top corner.

Seconds later Allan heads wide and then we have 4 shots at goal blocked

Billy Whizz
14-10-2014, 02:36 PM
Great goal from Danny, 25 yarder which the keeper just watched sailing into his top corner.

Sounds as if we've turned it round in the 2nd half Billy, a bit like last week

hibs4thecup1988
14-10-2014, 02:38 PM

Is Duthie on yet billy?

Billy
14-10-2014, 02:38 PM
Boys really upped it and taking the game to Killie. When you look at Killies starting line up, it's a good result so far!

oconnors_strip
14-10-2014, 02:40 PM
Is Duthie on yet billy?

Yes came on in first half for Sinclair

Billy
14-10-2014, 02:41 PM
Is Duthie on yet billy?

Yeah came on at the end if the first and doing well

Billy
14-10-2014, 02:50 PM
Ft: 2-1

Billy Whizz
14-10-2014, 03:17 PM
Ft: 2-1

Billy, did Danny play in the holding midfield role again?

RSS Bot
14-10-2014, 06:30 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/4860)

Billy
14-10-2014, 06:38 PM

Same position as last week :aok:

Billy
14-10-2014, 08:34 PM
Today's winning goal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImqCTzHPsHg

erin go bragh
14-10-2014, 08:39 PM
Today's winning goal

Cracking move and finish .

Ggtth

SMAXXA
14-10-2014, 08:41 PM
Can we get stubbs in on their half time team talks

Unseen work
14-10-2014, 08:52 PM
The best thing about that goal IMO, is the awareness and skill to create the space for the shot, yeah its a cracking finish but that awareness is what were missing to open up teams imo

Billy Whizz
14-10-2014, 09:00 PM
Today's winning goal

Great finish, and nice to see a midfielder go forward and have a shot

macd123
14-10-2014, 11:53 PM

I really hope we start easing him into that role with the first team Billy. 20 minutes or so against livingston would be a nice start. In terms of intelligence and skill he is streets ahead of what we have in that position just now.

WellingtonHibby
15-10-2014, 12:31 AM
I really hope we start easing him into that role with the first team Billy. 20 minutes or so against livingston would be a nice start. In terms of intelligence and skill he is streets ahead of what we have in that position just now.

That is some leap of of Hyperbole

macd123
15-10-2014, 01:21 AM
That is some leap of of Hyperbole

Wow you must rate craig and robertson quite highly then.

WellingtonHibby
15-10-2014, 04:32 AM
Wow you must rate craig and robertson quite highly then.

Thats hardly the inference I was making.

Both Craig and Robertson however are Senior Pro's who a series of managers have seen fit to pick over a Youngster who has flattered to deceive on nearly every occasion he has played. There is no danger he is "streets ahead" of anyone at the moment. He has potential, at best and is playing in the "development squad" to develop that.

Its just typical of our support to laud our players after one or two decent games, or a flash of something in A game and hype them up to be something they clearly arent and then give them pelters when they dont live up to your unrealistic expectations. :na na:

macd123
15-10-2014, 05:24 AM

Both Craig and Robertson however are Senior Pro's who a series of managers have seen fit to pick over a Youngster who has flattered to deceive on nearly every occasion he has played. There is no danger he is "streets ahead" of anyone at the moment. He has potential, at best and is playing in the "development squad" to develop that.

Its just typical of our support to laud our players after one or two decent games, or a flash of something in A game and hype them up to be something they clearly arent and then give them pelters when they dont live up to your unrealistic expectations. :na na:

I have been on about him for quite a while now and have had plenty folk disagree with me too. But i really believe he is one of the most skilful players we have. The problem has been he doesn't have the outright speed \ strength to do himself justice on the wing or up front. He has looked very good in midfield in several games now. The only things craig and robertson have over him are experience and maybe some aerial ability. But danny is miles ahead of them when it comes to controlling and passing the ball (to his own players). For once we are probably doing the right thing letting him develop a new position and not just chucking him in to sink or swim. Im just keen to see a skilful DM in our first team as soon as we possibly can.

J-C
15-10-2014, 11:18 AM

Stubbs has just given him a 5 year deal and now sees fit to play him as a holding playmaker, a position we desperately need filled, maybe the management team are looking forward and see Danny as the perfect guy. If he still keeps putting on these performances as a deep lying playmaker, then it won't be long before he's played there in the 1st team.

macd123
15-10-2014, 10:57 PM
Stubbs has just given him a 5 year deal and now sees fit to play him as a holding playmaker, a position we desperately need filled, maybe the management team are looking forward and see Danny as the perfect guy. If he still keeps putting on these performances as a deep lying playmaker, then it won't be long before he's played there in the 1st team.

Lets hope so JC. Im hoping he will get on against livi.

WellingtonHibby
16-10-2014, 12:28 AM

IF he keeps putting them in, aye. But to say he's "streets ahead" of anyone we have presently is patently disingenuous

macd123
16-10-2014, 02:40 AM
IF he keeps putting them in, aye. But to say he's "streets ahead" of anyone we have presently is patently disingenious.

Not disingenuous just my opinion. I did say streets ahead in terms of skill. I know there are no guarantees. The good thing is we will find out over the next year or so.

J-C
16-10-2014, 08:36 AM
IF he keeps putting them in, aye. But to say he's "streets ahead" of anyone we have presently is patently disingenuous

Do you honestly think he's be any worse than tweedle de and tweedle dum in the midfield right now, these 2 imposters are still getting their games and are still not performing for us on the pitch, at some point Stubbs has to bite the bullet and drop them both. Remember it was only a few weeks ago we were raving about how good Danny was against Sevco at Ibrox until he was sent off, he played a slightly deeper playmaker role then and looked the business, maybe time to bring him back in again.

marinello59
16-10-2014, 09:04 AM
Do you honestly think he's be any worse than tweedle de and tweedle dum in the midfield right now, these 2 imposters are still getting their gams and are still not performing for us on the pitch, at some point Stubbs has to bite the bullet and drop them both. Remember it was only a few weeks ago we were raving about how good Danny was against Sevco at Ibrox until he was sent off, he played a slightly deeper playmaker role then and looked the business, maybe time to bring him back in again.

This is worse than I thought. The club mollycoddle these players far too much. :grr:

Ronniekirk
16-10-2014, 09:13 AM

Think you are spot on with that We. Know that some of the younger players form will dip if played too often in first team and also it's better if they are coming into a position that suits them and the team .So it could well be next season before we see them all established in the same team .Playing week in week out . But do think they at least need to be coming off the bench if playing well for under 20 s so they see they are being rewarded for thier good performances .

J-C
16-10-2014, 10:28 AM
This is worse than I thought. The club mollycoddle these players far too much. :grr:

Whoops must remember to check spelling lol
now edited.

Danderhall Hibs
16-10-2014, 01:10 PM

:hilarious

Do we employ someone for that or so we just use our connections in George Street?