PDA

View Full Version : It's not the fans fault but....

Bay Area Hibees
14-10-2014, 05:51 AM
...if we don't get groundswell of positivity we WILL be another dunfermline or Leeds.

The fans have been taken for granted and humiliated for number years. There's no way we should be in this position.

Our neighbors have upward momentum making it even worse, the nightmare of last year came true.

but it's our club. There is no white knight waiting to invest. We have CEO that needs and deserves our trust and support.

We we have to summon the spirit of Hands offs hibs and get back to top flight in 2 or worst case three years.

Can we agree to do gets eat for the team and support the club and at least see where we are in 6 months.
GGTTH

Baader
14-10-2014, 06:38 AM
Petrie leaving would be one way to galvanise the support and show the 'wind of change' is more than another load of PR BS....

erskine-hibby
14-10-2014, 06:41 AM
When leanne first came in and started the sweeping changes there was an air of optimism and positivity. Sadly it has now gone flat, probably due to the fact that our results have been poor, our neighbours are doing well and, probably, the LG saga. It has, in fact, become very same old, same old. This, plus the fact that the main thorn in the side of the Hibs support is still there. Whether he is pulling the strings, or not, is another question, bit he nevertheless remains. For me, the only solution is for RP to leave the club altogether, his continued presence makes the fans wary about any changes that take place.

Hibernia&Alba
14-10-2014, 07:00 AM
It feels as if we're already a Leeds and are on the way to becoming a Portsmouth. Yet I refuse to believe we won't turn it around. We'll get there.

Off the bar
14-10-2014, 07:50 AM
It feels as if we're already a Leeds and are on the way to becoming a Portsmouth. Yet I refuse to believe we won't turn it around. We'll get there.

The sad difference is that both those clubs enjoyed relative success before imploding, Leeds in europe and Portsmouth winning the cup. We're just falling into obscurity

gegs70
14-10-2014, 08:26 AM
Yes 20odd years ago most English people would know who hibs are but now you speak to them and to them they have no idea who we are....

Leeann made a point of saying in her post that moaning about hibs etc was counter productive but this is the fans forum and where we get things of our chest. Maybe if she was to explain what is happening behind the scenes to improve the current playing squad may be more of a positive?

over the line
14-10-2014, 08:43 AM
Yes 20odd years ago most English people would know who hibs are but now you speak to them and to them they have no idea who we are....

Leeann made a point of saying in her post that moaning about hibs etc was counter productive but this is the fans forum and where we get things of our chest. Maybe if she was to explain what is happening behind the scenes to improve the current playing squad may be more of a positive?

Agree, I'm sick of people looking at my Hibs tops and saying "who's that, Celtic"?. I live on the English/Welsh border and people certainly don't know who Hibs are (some do obviously). I think the profile of Scottish football in general has diminished massively in the UK and around the world. I think Hibs are just an exaggerated example of some of the problems that exist (and have done for a long time) in Scottish football.

gegs70
14-10-2014, 08:55 AM
Agree, I'm sick of people looking at my Hibs tops and saying "who's that, Celtic"?. I live on the English/Welsh border and people certainly don't know who Hibs are (some do obviously). I think the profile of Scottish football in general has diminished massively in the UK and around the world. I think Hibs are just an exaggerated example of some of the problems that exist (and have done for a long time) in Scottish football.

We have done very little to increase our profile throughout Scotland so it's no surprise that our profile throughout the UK and Europe is pretty much nil.

lord bunberry
14-10-2014, 09:04 AM
At times I feel the fight has been driven out of me, I used to feel really angry when we lost, I feel like I'm going through the motions every time I go to a game. I continue going, looking for a sign that things are getting better but it never happens. I'm actually dreading the derby and that's something I never thought I'd say.

Waxy
14-10-2014, 09:08 AM
Agree, I'm sick of people looking at my Hibs tops and saying "who's that, Celtic"?. I live on the English/Welsh border and people certainly don't know who Hibs are (some do obviously). I think the profile of Scottish football in general has diminished massively in the UK and around the world. I think Hibs are just an exaggerated example of some of the problems that exist (and have done for a long time) in Scottish football.In 1978 we were going to win the world cup ;).now Scotland are just minnows. Reason? Probably because almost every country in the world now bothers about football, we are now in our place :(

over the line
14-10-2014, 09:14 AM
At times I feel the fight has been driven out of me, I used to feel really angry when we lost, I feel like I'm going through the motions every time I go to a game. I continue going, looking for a sign that things are getting better but it never happens. I'm actually dreading the derby and that's something I never thought I'd say.

I think that's called damage limitation and self preservation? Essential traits for a modern day Hibee.

over the line
14-10-2014, 09:27 AM
In 1978 we were going to win the world cup ;).now Scotland are just minnows. Reason? Probably because almost every country in the world now bothers about football, we are now in our place :(

Very different now isn't it? Look at Iceland, amazing result against Holland. There is a lot less people in whole of Iceland than there is in Edinburgh. Maybe we should look to them for guidance and inspiration?

silverhibee
14-10-2014, 12:02 PM

It's only the CCS that has kept us in the spotlight. :duck:

Baader
14-10-2014, 12:40 PM
It's only the CCS that has kept us in the spotlight. :duck:

Is it 1988?

ahibby
14-10-2014, 12:45 PM
Something that strikes me as being relevant to our situation is the number of players who were partly responsible for our demise still being at the club. We as fans can't do anything about that and for financial reasons I doubt the club could either. Couple that with all the clubs in the league being well prepared for this league well prior to it starting, then our situation is understandable, to me it is anyway. Of course we shouldn't have been in this situation but for me too many of our fans wanted Terry Butcher to be appointed for them now to say it's all the clubs fault.

_hucks_
14-10-2014, 12:46 PM

Portsmouth sitting mid table in league 2 - bit of an exaggeration to suggest that we're on our way there? Scottish equivalent league position wise would be someone like Annan Athletic; as poor as things are lets not be painting them to be quite so bleak.

erin go bragh
14-10-2014, 02:02 PM
Hibs are one of the few Scottish clubs to have played in a European cup semi final . Our pink neighbours cant say the same . Plenty Liverpool and Leeds fans will know our famous club . The highs will feel even better after so many lows . Our famous club has been on its knees before and recovered . Keep the faith .

GGTTH

basehibby
14-10-2014, 03:26 PM
...if we don't get groundswell of positivity we WILL be another dunfermline or Leeds.

The fans have been taken for granted and humiliated for number years. There's no way we should be in this position.

Our neighbors have upward momentum making it even worse, the nightmare of last year came true.

but it's our club. There is no white knight waiting to invest. We have CEO that needs and deserves our trust and support.

We we have to summon the spirit of Hands offs hibs and get back to top flight in 2 or worst case three years.

Can we agree to do gets eat for the team and support the club and at least see where we are in 6 months.
GGTTH

Without having a scooby how to "do gets eat for the team" I catch your drift and agree with the spirit of what you're saying. However - the positivity needs to start on the park and work outwards.

The fans that currently regularly attend ER ARE by and large the more happy clapping contingent - but they themselves are carrying increasingly scunnered expressions at the results being churned out. Many of the serial complainers and barrackers have simply stopped attending ER for fear of spontaneously self-combusting and these fans (and we DO need them - we need all of them) will only be tempted back in numbers by the promise of not having their every weekend ruined that only comes from a series of convincing winning results.

As a regular attendee of home matches I can see that it's not all been as dire as sometimes painted on here as Hibs are generally dominating matches, however, when playing the likes of Dumbarton, Alloa and Cowdenbeath, this is simply not good enough. Our real competitors in this league - Rangers & Hearts - have been steamrollering these teams most weeks and that's what we need (deserve!) to be seeing at ER. Give us some positive results and the atmosphere on here and amongst Hibees in general will be light enough to refloat the Titanic - but I'm afraid that relentless positivity at the moment is reminiscent of the famous band that went down with that ship - brave and admirable but incapable of saving the situation.

PS - I meant to say, never mind two or three seasons - we need to get back to the SPL NOW. The ba' is not yet burst as the play off route is still there. However, this will not be a realistic possibility without SIGNIFICANT investment in the team in January - if the money is not there right now then Leanne's job is unequivicably to MAKE SURE IT IS come Jan 1st 2015!

Hibernia&Alba
14-10-2014, 04:31 PM
Portsmouth sitting mid table in league 2 - bit of an exaggeration to suggest that we're on our way there? Scottish equivalent league position wise would be someone like Annan Athletic; as poor as things are lets not be painting them to be quite so bleak.

It's an exaggeration, aye, and, like I say, I don't think it will happen. We don't (yet at least) have the financial crises experienced at Leeds, Dunfermline, Portsmouth. We aren't a lost cause yet, but we need to win promotion asap. Sadly, I don't think it will be this season.

emerald green
14-10-2014, 06:30 PM
OP - you are correct, it's NOT the long suffering loyal supporters who are to blame for the position this club finds itself in.

As I've said many times before, the finger of blame should be pointed where it rightly belongs. Those charged with the running of the club, poor managerial appointments, and many players simply not fit to wear the Hibs jersey.

Can anyone seriously blame the Hibs supporters for what happened at that awful cup final against HOMFC for example? A result IMHO this club hasn't recovered from yet.

I can't believe we are debating this topic, yet again, and I wonder why it has even been raised yet again... It has now been done to death.

Just because a few fans vent their fury at the c*** they see being dished up by their team doesn't make the Hibs support culpable for the decline of the club over the last 6/7 years or so.

I've seen top players at Man Utd & Liverpool, for example, getting pelters from some of their fans. It's what football fans all over the world do from time to time. Hibs supporters are no different. In fact, generally speaking, they have been remarkably patient for years watching their club slide downwards.

Before anyone accuses me of being "negative", and refers me to LD's post, I fully support what she is trying to do, and it will take time to repair the damage done by others. The supporters are not to blame.

BT58
14-10-2014, 06:51 PM
LD is trying her best to turn us around, However with the spectre of RP lurking in the background she¬s got a hard job....
He has to go,, in fact had he gone months ago we may have been in a better position than we are at the moment.
The feelgood factor has been totally shot to pieces, crowds are dwindling aready, fans are backbiting at each other
we have to stay in contention with the top 3 for the whole season, can we honestly say that will happen,,we cannot even rely on FORTRESS EASTER ROAD !!!!
Its alright beating the huns at Ibrox,,we have to beat all the teams home or away,,,Over to you MR STUBBS !!!!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

ruthven_raiders
14-10-2014, 07:45 PM
Hibs are one of the few Scottish clubs to have played in a European cup semi final . Our pink neighbours cant say the same . Plenty Liverpool and Leeds fans will know our famous club . The highs will feel even better after so many lows . Our famous club has been on its knees before and recovered . Keep the faith .

GGTTH

Fairs cup semi too, so two European semi finals

aunty joyce
15-10-2014, 12:11 AM
I'm with Leeann on this, there are two constants at the football club, the first is Rod Petrie and the second is 'The Fans'.

However much you may dislike & blame Rod for everything that is happening within a quarter mile of Easter Rd, we cannot blame him for the fact that players we have signed on merit don't provide the goods at hibs - Eoin Doyle being a prime example.

Time we took a long hard look at the second constant I think?

Tin hat firmly on🙈🙉🙊

https://twitter.com/beanbagsports/status/522107177553911809

Phil D. Rolls
15-10-2014, 06:19 AM
​Who killed Davey MooreWhy an’ what’s the reason for?

“Not us,” says the angry crowd
Whose screams filled the arena loud
“It’s too bad he died that night
But we just like to see a fight
We didn’t mean for him t’ meet his death
We just meant to see some sweat
There ain’t nothing wrong in that
It wasn’t us that made him fall
No, you can’t blame us at all”

Read more: http://www.bobdylan.com/us/songs/who-killed-davey-moore#ixzz3GBxOTK6k

LaMotta
15-10-2014, 08:28 AM
I'm with Leeann on this, there are two constants at the football club, the first is Rod Petrie and the second is 'The Fans'.

However much you may dislike & blame Rod for everything that is happening within a quarter mile of Easter Rd, we cannot blame him for the fact that players we have signed on merit don't provide the goods at hibs - Eoin Doyle being a prime example.

Time we took a long hard look at the second constant I think?

Tin hat firmly on🙈🙉🙊

https://twitter.com/beanbagsports/status/522107177553911809

Doyle was producing the goods, certainly more goods than weve seen at Easter Road since he left. He was and is still relatively young and is only going to improve.

We should have been keeping players like Doyle but the contract he was offered was pathetic.....