View Full Version : Lets pack Livi out on Saturday night.

13-10-2014, 11:40 PM
As it says lets take a massive crowd through on Saturday night and give the team our full backing for the 90 + minutes and hopefully we can cheer them on to a victory and give the team some confidence going in to the Derby game the week after it.

:flag: :gwa: :flag:

13-10-2014, 11:53 PM
As it says lets take a massive crowd through on Saturday night and give the team our full backing for the 90 + minutes and hopefully we can cheer them on to a victory and give the team some confidence going in to the Derby game the week after it.

I've just found the perfect train for us all mate...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Dsbo8_UBbQ&sns=em

14-10-2014, 06:44 AM

The weren't that cocky at Stalingrad.

14-10-2014, 07:44 AM
Got 5 tickets yesterday

14-10-2014, 07:52 AM
The weren't that cocky at Stalingrad.

The Romanians or the Hungarians?

14-10-2014, 07:58 AM
Yep, time for a fresh positive start. The players seem to only be showing urgency with 10-15 minutes to go in games. We need to get behind them and push them right from the first minute. We need a positive result to head in to the Derby with. We are Hibernian FC.

14-10-2014, 12:07 PM

Seen that the other day, superb stuff, the fighting in the ground was a bit nasty though.

14-10-2014, 12:08 PM
Got 5 tickets yesterday

Good stuff Billy :thumbsup:

14-10-2014, 12:12 PM
Is it all ticket?

14-10-2014, 03:19 PM
Is it all ticket?

Looks like it Dave.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tickets/away

14-10-2014, 03:25 PM
Loads of part timers on here. Would be good for them to provide some much needed support for this one.

A big noisy (smokey) away end could make a big difference to some of the pansies wearing the hibs jersey.

Cheers lads.

14-10-2014, 03:27 PM
Looks like Fontaines out for the weekend, likely to go back to 442 I presume

TheFamous1875
14-10-2014, 03:41 PM

Anything more direct would be great. I trust Hanlon and Forster to be more than capable at the back if we're less methodical up top and more 'swashbuckling'.

14-10-2014, 05:16 PM
Looks like it Dave.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tickets/away

Ta.

It does say awaiting confirmation of a cash gate and I'm assuming there will be one.

14-10-2014, 05:28 PM
Got 5 tickets yesterday too, we should be taking a large support to this one, regardless of recent results IMO.

14-10-2014, 05:33 PM
Got 5 tickets yesterday too, we should be taking a large support to this one, regardless of recent results IMO.

Any one remember the game at Livvi, the Sunday after we lost to AEK Athens, was practically a lock out

andrew70
14-10-2014, 05:34 PM

Might go 352 wi Boothy at the left of a back 3 - he played there a few times in pre season

14-10-2014, 05:35 PM
Ta.

It does say awaiting confirmation of a cash gate and I'm assuming there will be one.

There will be.

I'd love to think that it would be a sell out in the away end but I can't see it.

I'll be there though and looking forward to it for some strange reason. :greengrin

14-10-2014, 05:53 PM
Any one remember the game at Livvi, the Sunday after we lost to AEK Athens, was practically a lock out
Yep was there If I remember right Paco luna didn't start but kept getting a great ovation everytime he warmed up . Was that the same game that Murray scored a screamer into the top corner ?
Sadly it could be a long time till we have European nights like that again Billy .Am banking on there being a cash gate on Saturday and will be there if there is one .

14-10-2014, 05:56 PM
Yep was there If I remember right Paco luna didn't start but kept getting a great ovation everytime he warmed up . Was that the same game that Murray scored a screamer into the top corner ?
Sadly it could be a long time till we have European nights like that again Billy .Am banking on there being a cash gate on Saturday and will be there if there is one .

Ronnie, I'm pretty sure there will be a cash gate. Think we've only been given one stand so far, both ends behind the goals will be opened if there is demand.

Think the game was a 1-1 draw, can't remember who scored, but recall Alan Smart played upfront

14-10-2014, 05:58 PM
There will be.

I'd love to think that it would be a sell out in the away end but I can't see it.

I'll be there though and looking forward to it for some strange reason. :greengrin
The strange reason is your subconscious is imprinted with the fact we have won our last two away games scoring five in the process With Fontaine out will be interested to see what Stubbs does

HTD1875
14-10-2014, 05:59 PM
Think there will be cash gates announced later in the week, looking forward to it

14-10-2014, 06:01 PM
Ronnie, I'm pretty sure there will be a cash gate. Think we've only been given one stand so far, both ends behind the goals will be opened if there is demand.

Think the game was a 1-1 draw, can't remember who scored, but recall Alan Smart played upfront

Think we lost 1 - 0. They were spent after the Athens game, but it was another unimpressive performance that was suggesting we were beginning to drift :-(

I was sure we got beat 1-0.

Luna and Brewster dropped to the bench and Smart and A N Other player up top. Their keeper (Broto?) got injured late in the game and got loads of abuse for time wasting but ended up being carried of. Sure he ended up at Celtic for a while.

Cheers billy ,the game Murray scored that goal ,I think we scored three so was obviously a different game .

14-10-2014, 06:03 PM
Think we lost 1 - 0. They were spent after the Athens game, but it was another unimpressive performance that was suggesting we were beginning to drift :-(

Ta, thought it was 1-1, but you're probably right

14-10-2014, 06:05 PM
Ta, thought it was 1-1, but you're probably right

I was suffering one of the worst hangovers ever, and it just made it worse! I could never forget!

14-10-2014, 06:06 PM
We had about 5500 there in 2005 - Shiels and O'Connor late on to win it.

The second best 2-1 win they contributed to that year.

14-10-2014, 06:19 PM
As it says lets take a massive crowd through on Saturday night and give the team our full backing for the 90 + minutes and hopefully we can cheer them on to a victory and give the team some confidence going in to the Derby game the week after it. GGTTH :flag: :gwa: :flag:

Myself and wee Bro heading along on Sat.

Mon the Hibs!!

14-10-2014, 06:21 PM
Got my tickets before the game on Saturday. Now that's blind loyalty for you :greengrin

14-10-2014, 06:22 PM

Great away support that day and we were third in the table with Rangers in fourth place a distant eight points behind us. Remember Gary O'Connor's goal that looped over the goalie and Zibi (at 1-1 each) rushing to put the ball on the corner spot and almost getting caught out when the Livi player took the corner kick quickly. What a plum. :agree: Scott Brown and Gary Caldwell running the clock down at the corner flag with about five minutes to go.

Walked to the ground from the train station there and back. About half an hour each way and all roundabouts and very few pavements. Would have been better getting the First bus as I reckon it would have got me to nearer the ground.

A good day out.

14-10-2014, 06:30 PM

I was at that one, Hibs were very lucky to win. The difference in the team now is massive.

14-10-2014, 06:49 PM
I was at that one, Hibs were very lucky to win. The difference in the team now is massive.

Not so sure that we were lucky.

Livingston

vs
Hibernian

1Goals2
1Assists2
13Shots18
4On Target9
9Off Target9
5Corners9
11Fouls11

18 shots with 9 shots on target. More corners as well. :aok:

14-10-2014, 07:01 PM
The strange reason is your subconscious is imprinted with the fact we have won our last two away games scoring five in the process With Fontaine out will be interested to see what Stubbs does

Perhaps.

However I've yet to see a win this season and I've only witnessed two victories in the whole of 2014.

My record this season is;

P-3
W-0
D-1
L-2

Maybe I ought to stay away. :greengrin

GGTTH07
14-10-2014, 07:13 PM

My first ever away game. Would love to see the highlights as I have vivid memories. If anyone can help, thanks in advance!

14-10-2014, 08:22 PM
Is it on the telly? Can't see it on either Sky or BT schedules.

14-10-2014, 08:25 PM

On Alba mate. Hoping there is a cash gate as I'm going to make the short trip.

14-10-2014, 08:40 PM

It's not the same as being at the game, if you can, pop along and support the Hibs. :flag: :thumbsup:

And yes it is on Alba but you can't understand a word the commentators are saying, poor stuff from them so it is. :greengrin

Livi for flares on Saturday night. :cb

14-10-2014, 08:57 PM
It's not the same as being at the game, if you can, pop along and support the Hibs. :flag: :thumbsup:

And yes it is on Alba but you can't understand a word the commentators are saying, poor stuff from them so it is. :greengrin

Livi for flares on Saturday night. :cb
I'd love to go but I'm not working at the moment and can't afford it. Good luck to all the folk who do obviously.

14-10-2014, 09:18 PM
I'd love to go but I'm not working at the moment and can't afford it. Good luck to all the folk who do obviously.

14-10-2014, 09:27 PM
I was sure we got beat 1-0.

Luna and Brewster dropped to the bench and Smart and A N Other player up top. Their keeper (Broto?) got injured late in the game and got loads of abuse for time wasting but ended up being carried of. Sure he ended up at Celtic for a while.

Think it was Tam McManus, only remember that as I'm sure he got a Marvin Andrews elbow to the coupon early in the second half. Think the player who scored for them was Quino? First goal for them aswell IIRC. They actually had a pretty handy team in those days, Oscar Rubio, Caputo, Andrews, Fernandez.....and Marino Keith!!!

Kaff
14-10-2014, 09:36 PM
4 part timers coming a fair distance, would it be best to go past ER for tickets or will it be safe to go cash at game?

14-10-2014, 09:51 PM
4 part timers coming a fair distance, would it be best to go past ER for tickets or will it be safe to go cash at game?

I would say you will be safe with cash gates, well done for making the trip.

14-10-2014, 10:00 PM

Yeah, good luck with that one silver.

14-10-2014, 10:11 PM
Yeah, good luck with that one silver.

Doing my best, you better be going and taking a car load too. :thumbsup:

14-10-2014, 10:16 PM
Doing my best, you better be going and taking a car load too. :thumbsup:

Ill be on the Carlton bus with the rest of the roasters mad enough to go. :aok:

14-10-2014, 10:33 PM
Ill be on the Carlton bus with the rest of the roasters mad enough to go. :aok:

Good to hear, roasters or not as long as they get along and support the team.

HIBS NEED YOU.

14-10-2014, 10:45 PM
Just ordered my ticket and will be taking the walking bus to the game...

Kaff
14-10-2014, 11:05 PM
I would say you will be safe with cash gates, well done for making the trip.

Cheers mate, kids been looking forward to this game as our first of the season. Unfortunately not at home so club don't get funds but we usually manage 5-6 games so onwards and upwards!
C'Mon the Hibees

15-10-2014, 11:17 AM
Perhaps.

However I've yet to see a win this season and I've only witnessed two victories in the whole of 2014.

My record this season is;

P-3
W-0
D-1
L-2

Maybe I ought to stay away. :greengrin

Ach - it can't be much worse than Hibs' record in general over that time... away'n enjoy yersel :greengrin

15-10-2014, 11:30 AM
If you are looking for a seat on a supporters bus then you can PM Baldy Foghorn or IFONLY as they have some spare seats left on there bus, info at the top of this page for anyone interested.

:gwa:

15-10-2014, 12:16 PM
Cheers mate, kids been looking forward to this game as our first of the season. Unfortunately not at home so club don't get funds but we usually manage 5-6 games so onwards and upwards!
C'Mon the Hibees

The ground holds 10,000, will be lucky if there's 4,000 or so at the game

15-10-2014, 12:25 PM
The ground holds 10,000, will be lucky if there's 4,000 or so at the game

3500 Hibs fans. :thumbsup:

Aaron
15-10-2014, 02:59 PM
Anyone know the layout of the stand? East blocks L & N available - not sure what is the best. Thanks. :flag:

DTS
15-10-2014, 03:05 PM
Got two tickets before the game at the weekend, finishing work at 5 and walking down! Hopefully we will get a big support

15-10-2014, 03:54 PM
Got two tickets before the game at the weekend, finishing work at 5 and walking down! Hopefully we will get a big support

That's the plan.

15-10-2014, 04:39 PM
Should be a large Hibs support in attendance for a local derby. I haven't been to an away game so far this season but am very tempted to nip along.

IanFaeClerrie
15-10-2014, 04:42 PM
I'll get you a ticket if you can get there - probably cost an arm and a leg to get from EK. Let me ken.

15-10-2014, 04:56 PM
I'll get you a ticket if you can get there - probably cost an arm and a leg to get from EK. Let me ken.

What a terrific gesture. Hibs class!

15-10-2014, 05:10 PM
The club are awaiting confirmation if there will be a pay at the gate at Livingston on Saturday

nothing on the Livi official site either

percy veer
15-10-2014, 05:37 PM
Loads of part timers on here. Would be good for them to provide some much needed support for this one.

A big noisy (smokey) away end could make a big difference to some of the pansies wearing the hibs jersey.

Cheers lads.

No noisy or smokey, better take my ear defenders and gas mask, and no swearing aswell .

15-10-2014, 06:00 PM
Should be a large Hibs support in attendance for a local derby. I haven't been to an away game so far this season but am very tempted to nip along.

Go on, nip along and support the team. :gwa:

15-10-2014, 06:02 PM

:not worth :top marks

Great gesture bud. :thumbsup:

16-10-2014, 02:51 PM
Still no conformation if there will be a Pay at the Gate yet on the Official site.

It's Thursday Hibs, no rush, were only fans after all.

16-10-2014, 02:58 PM
Still no conformation if there will be a Pay at the Gate yet on the Official site.

Course there will be PATG (or a ticket hub or 'booth' equivilent). Livingston average about 1500, if that!

16-10-2014, 02:59 PM

I assume the ball is in Livi's court for this?

The hibs official site does say that the club are awaiting conformation if there will be pay at the gate.

No rush Livi. We're only fans after all.

steviehibsleith
16-10-2014, 03:09 PM
PATG official on Livi website after talks with police Scotland permission given for three cash gates for Hibs fans.
adults £18
concession £12
children £6

16-10-2014, 04:04 PM
Course there will be PATG (or a ticket hub or 'booth' equivilent). Livingston average about 1500, if that!

So why the delay in telling us.

16-10-2014, 04:05 PM
PATG official on Livi website after talks with police Scotland permission given for three cash gates for Hibs fans.
adults £18
concession £12
children £6

Happy days.

WTF has it got to do with the police though.

steviehibsleith
16-10-2014, 04:07 PM
Saturday evening and trouble when the Rangers played there is all I can think off

16-10-2014, 04:11 PM
The Huns got a bit humpty cos they couldnae accept what had been printed in the Livvy programme. Diddums!

16-10-2014, 04:21 PM
Can't make this sadly due to the kick off time and having a Silver Wedding to attend on Saturday night.

Disappointed as that's the 2nd game in a month I've had to miss because of a change of kick off time, at least they have both been away I suppose.

16-10-2014, 04:33 PM
Happy days.

WTF has it got to do with the police though.

To give them time to source some smoke bomb detectors

Saint Hibee
16-10-2014, 04:40 PM
Can anybody recommend somewhere for a pre-match drink?

16-10-2014, 04:46 PM

not a lot of options near the ground, the Lime kiln is up the back of the Home end goals but i don't think there's access down to the ground ?, so it's quite a long walk all the way round i think, not sure if away fans get into the club at the ground(or if it's even still open) just get a bottle of wine out of Aldi's and sit outside :greengrin or a couple of the boozers in mcarthur Glen opposite the Lme Kiln

16-10-2014, 04:59 PM
adults £18
concession £12
children £6

That's made my mind up: I'm going. A wee local derby sounds like a good idea.

16-10-2014, 05:02 PM
Happy days. WTF has it got to do with the police though.

Indeed. Me plus one will be there and hopefully for a few pints before as well. :-)

16-10-2014, 05:13 PM
not a lot of options near the ground, the Lime kiln is up the back of the Home end goals but i don't think there's access down to the ground ?, so it's quite a long walk all the way round i think, not sure if away fans get into the club at the ground(or if it's even still open) just get a bottle of wine out of Aldi's and sit outside :greengrin or a couple of the boozers in mcarthur Glen opposite the Lme Kiln

There are steps just along the road to the ground near Bubbles swimming pool. 2 min walk from the Limekiln. Agree about a lack of decent pubs though.

16-10-2014, 05:24 PM

I'm from Livingston myself, there's a Wetherspoon's and Lloyds directly opposite each other in the Designer Outlet, definitely the best bet IMO. Avoid the Paraffin Lamp, terrible boozer. Lime Kiln is sort of a pub/restaurant so there'll be a better atmosphere at Spoons.:aok:

16-10-2014, 05:25 PM
There are steps just along the road to the ground near Bubbles swimming pool. 2 min walk from the Limekiln. Agree about a lack of decent pubs though.

There is also 2 Weatherspoon's in the Shopping centre, Don't try buying alcohol from the Lidl Shop outside the ground as they stop selling it a few hours before and after matches.. :wink:

16-10-2014, 05:45 PM
I'm from Livingston myself, there's a Wetherspoon's and Lloyds directly opposite each other in the Designer Outlet, definitely the best bet IMO. Avoid the Paraffin Lamp, terrible boozer. Lime Kiln is sort of a pub/restaurant so there'll be a better atmosphere at Spoons.:aok:

Could always go to the Tower or Stirrup stane in Crazy hill and jump in a taxi!! ;-) Was brought up in Livi and never went to the Parry Lamp. Hovel of a place. Looking for a place that has sky sports news etc. does the Lime Kiln show games??

16-10-2014, 05:55 PM
There is also 2 Weatherspoon's in the Shopping centre, Don't try buying alcohol from the Lidl Shop outside the ground as they stop selling it a few hours before and after matches.. :wink:

Yep the 2 pubs in MacArthur glen the best due to their size and relatively cheap beer and also ok for kids. Didn't realise that about lidl, that's me snookered now :boo hoo: :panic:

16-10-2014, 06:02 PM
Can't make this sadly due to the kick off time and having a Silver Wedding to attend on Saturday night.

Disappointed as that's the 2nd game in a month I've had to miss because of a change of kick off time, at least they have both been away I suppose.

Just go, I'm skipping the wedding too so that i make the game. :greengrin

16-10-2014, 06:04 PM
To give them time to source some smoke bomb detectors

The dogs will be out in force, wee bag of pepper will see to them though. :greengrin

16-10-2014, 06:08 PM
The dogs will be out in force, wee bag of pepper will see to them though. :greengrin

Either that or another substance to knock them off scent!! ;-)

16-10-2014, 06:13 PM
Either that or another substance to knock them off scent!! ;-)

Green is good. :greengrin

16-10-2014, 06:15 PM
Green is good. :greengrin

Take yur word for that Silver!! ;-) where you heading on sat??

16-10-2014, 06:22 PM
I have a wee liking for Livi and their fans, who always seem good folk. I hope the worst is behind them.

16-10-2014, 06:25 PM
Take yur word for that Silver!! ;-) where you heading on sat??

Not decider yet bud, don't no whether to leave the car or not, let me no what you are up to and i may nip in for a shandy. :greengrin

16-10-2014, 06:30 PM
Didn't realise that about lidl, that's me snookered now :boo hoo: :panic:

Afraid so.. Was up visiting relatives a few months back and it as only about 1pm and they had a sign on the door and the bevvy section all taped off.. :grr:

16-10-2014, 06:33 PM
If you don't like Wetherspoons type pubs then there are 3 boozers in Mid Calder. It's a 5 minute taxi journey to the ground.

16-10-2014, 06:37 PM

took a wee detour en-route to B&Q this afternoon down to the car park for bubbles(which had barriers) and fencing at the back, i take it the access must be along beside the District court then ?

16-10-2014, 06:43 PM
took a wee detour en-route to B&Q this afternoon down to the car park for bubbles(which had barriers) and fencing at the back, i take it the access must be along beside the District court then ?

That's where i normally park.

16-10-2014, 06:44 PM

That's where i normally park.

Aye but what about on match days?

16-10-2014, 06:47 PM
Probably best and Cheapest to park at the ASDA - although the do charge now (not sure how much) and walk along to the swimming pool and cut through behind it to the steps down to the ground.. :wink:

And you can buy bevvy fae ASDA if Needed..

16-10-2014, 06:49 PM
:thumbsup: Not decider yet bud, don't no whether to leave the car or not, let me no what you are up to and i may nip in for a shandy. :greengrin

Aye will do!!! Prob the Lime Kiln or Wetherspoons tbh! Not much more to chose from tbh!!

16-10-2014, 06:52 PM
If you don't like Wetherspoons type pubs then there are 3 boozers in Mid Calder. It's a 5 minute taxi journey to the ground.

A blast from the past for me there.... Tap shop, Black bull and Torphican.... You've also got the grapes and Groves (If that was it's name) in East Calder. ;-) many a nite after playing footie in those pubs !

16-10-2014, 07:04 PM
Aye but what about on match days?

16-10-2014, 07:05 PM
A blast from the past for me there.... Tap shop, Black bull and Torphican.... You've also got the grapes and Groves (If that was it's name) in East Calder. ;-) many a nite after playing footie in those pubs !

It was something like that, though it's now a mini Tesco.

16-10-2014, 07:08 PM
It was something like that, though it's now a mini Tesco.

Is it. How times have changed!!

16-10-2014, 07:08 PM

Groves is shut now. Best pub is. Black bull but best pub closest to ground is the Livingston Village inn. Plenty of parking and a 10/15 minute walk to the ground. It's a straight road

16-10-2014, 07:10 PM
Groves is shut now. Best pub is. Black bull but best pub closest to ground is the Livingston Village inn. Plenty of parking and a 10/15 minute walk to the ground. It's a straight road

Used to have works Xmas nites out in Livi Inn.

16-10-2014, 07:19 PM
It wouldn't be Scotland if a short trip doon the road didn't quickly become a conversation aboot drink :-D

16-10-2014, 07:21 PM
It wouldn't be Scotland if a short trip doon the road didn't quickly become a conversation aboot drink :-D

#flareriffic

16-10-2014, 07:22 PM
Looks like Forster out for Saturday. :rolleyes:

16-10-2014, 07:24 PM

That's not good!! Not much going fur us at the moment!! :-(

Basildon Hibs
16-10-2014, 07:25 PM
Used to have works Xmas nites out in Livi Inn.

You could get the train to Livingston North and have a bevvy in The Saltire or Grand Central which are right outside. There's also a Morrisons supermarket there if you fancy a carry out.

It's a 15 minute walk (all downhill) to the stadium....:agree:

16-10-2014, 07:27 PM

Lewis at centre half then? :greengrin

You could get the train to Livingston North and have a bevvy in The Saltire or Grand Central which are right outside. There's also a Morrisons supermarket there if you fancy a carry out. It's a 15 minute walk (all downhill) to the stadium....:agree:

Livi north is in deans... Yip no need to worry tho as my brother lives in Howden and is a 5 minute walk to Centre so work up a thirst!!

Tsk tsk!!

16-10-2014, 07:28 PM
Tsk tsk!!

He's our go to guy :greengrin

16-10-2014, 07:28 PM

Deek :dunno: :greengrin

16-10-2014, 07:29 PM
He's our go to guy :greengrin

Your not wrong JB!!! ;-)

16-10-2014, 07:30 PM
Deek :dunno: :greengrin

He'd have to work on his heading before Sat tho!! :-)

Basildon Hibs
16-10-2014, 07:31 PM
Livi north is in deans... Yip no need to worry tho as my brother lives in Howden and is a 5 minute walk to Centre so work up a thirst!!

I used to live in Deans years ago - Livi North is actually in Carmondean. I used to drink in the Saltire when it was first built and was called The Copper (H)Tun...

It's still an easy, downhill walk to the stadium from there. :greengrin

16-10-2014, 07:33 PM
He'd have to work on his heading before Sat tho!! :-)

Watch his goals video on youtube Aldo - a few good headers in there :wink:

16-10-2014, 07:33 PM
I used to live in Deans years ago - Livi North is actually in Carmondean. I used to drink in the Saltire when it was first built and was called The Copper (H)Tun... It's still an easy, downhill walk to the stadium from there. :greengrin

Deans Carmondeans all the same (or thereabouts) I was a dedridge and then crazy hill laddie.

16-10-2014, 07:35 PM

Seen it JB. The furthest away was about 4 inches oot?? ;-)

16-10-2014, 07:37 PM
Seen it JB. The furthest away was about 4 inches oot?? ;-)

Spoilsport :greengrin

16-10-2014, 07:38 PM
Spoilsport :greengrin

;-)

16-10-2014, 07:38 PM
Probably best and Cheapest to park at the ASDA - although the do charge now (not sure how much) and walk along to the swimming pool and cut through behind it to the steps down to the ground.. :wink:

And you can buy bevvy fae ASDA if Needed..

it's free after 4 pm now, i THINK that includes weekends as well

Basildon Hibs
16-10-2014, 07:39 PM
Deans Carmondeans all the same (or thereabouts) I was a dedridge and then crazy hill laddie.

Rab's Bar and the Fitba' Club, both in Deans, were my locals. Nae wonder I done most of my weekend drinking/clubbing in Bathgate...:agree:

16-10-2014, 07:40 PM
Rab's Bar and the Fitba' Club, both in Deans, were my locals. Nae wonder I done most of my weekend drinking/clubbing in Bathgate...:agree:

Rabs bar god I remember that place... Used to catch a few pints in there every now and again with guys from work. Bathgate.... Boozy suzy's was a fav of mine back in the day.

16-10-2014, 07:55 PM
Could always go to the Tower or Stirrup stane in Crazy hill and jump in a taxi!! ;-) Was brought up in Livi and never went to the Parry Lamp. Hovel of a place. Looking for a place that has sky sports news etc. does the Lime Kiln show games??

Take a pair of goggles if you're going down crazy hill way, dive is an understatement!:duck: There's Dluxe (I still know it as Da Vinci's) on the way from Livi North train station to the ground. Decent enough pub but quite small. Grand Central is right next to the station on the other side of the tracks as you get off, quite nice inside.

Not sure if the Lime Kiln shows games, Grand Central definitely does, as does Dluxe.:aok:

16-10-2014, 08:04 PM
Take a pair of goggles if you're going down crazy hill way, dive is an understatement!:duck: There's Dluxe (I still know it as Da Vinci's) on the way from Livi North train station to the ground. Decent enough pub but quite small. Grand Central is right next to the station on the other side of the tracks as you get off, quite nice inside. Not sure if the Lime Kiln shows games, Grand Central definitely does, as does Dluxe.:aok:

The Tower was my local when I wasnae lad and never got any bother but yip Crazy did have it's moments back in the day.

DTS
16-10-2014, 09:22 PM

im still a crazy hill laddie

DTS
16-10-2014, 09:25 PM
Take a pair of goggles if you're going down crazy hill way, dive is an understatement!:duck: There's Dluxe (I still know it as Da Vinci's) on the way from Livi North train station to the ground. Decent enough pub but quite small. Grand Central is right next to the station on the other side of the tracks as you get off, quite nice inside.

Not sure if the Lime Kiln shows games, Grand Central definitely does, as does Dluxe.:aok:

craigshill has calmed down a lot now i dont think there has been a stabbing in a good 2 months..

16-10-2014, 09:37 PM

Fontaine and Foster out ****s Sake. Someone up there really doesn't like us Surely Leeann had a clause in Nelsons contract allowing us to recall the Admiral in a crisis :wink: If we are without both it stretches the squad in the lead up to a Derby Nae wonder he is trying to sign Quinn .
Maybe this is a game to bring in the youngsters that have been doing well for under 20s but we can't afford any more injuries. when do we plY Dundee United is that not midweek before the Hearys game ?

DTS
16-10-2014, 09:41 PM
Fontaine and Foster out ****s Sake. Someone up there really doesn't like us Surely Leeann had a clause in Nelsons contract allowing us to recall the Admiral in a crisis :wink: If we are without both it stretches the squad in the lead up to a Derby Nae wonder he is trying to sign Quinn .
Maybe this is a game to bring in the youngsters that have been doing well for under 20s but we can't afford any more injuries. when do we plY Dundee United is that not midweek before the Hearys game ?

the Wednesday night after the hearts game

16-10-2014, 09:57 PM

He was on fire at training tonight J. :thumbsup:

16-10-2014, 10:02 PM
Indeed. Me plus one will be there and hopefully for a few pints before as well. :-)

Great! You can drop me off on the way home. :greengrin

16-10-2014, 10:14 PM
Mind last time everyone ruining the waitresses day in that Wetherspoons by pressing the call button on the beepers :greengrin

17-10-2014, 08:17 AM
Assuming 'Crazy Hill' is Craigshill? Spend half my working week there, seems like paradise compared to Muirhouse and Pilton etc, never seen a bit bother once :greengrin

Take it The Tower isn't a decent option if getting the train from Edinburgh? Bit out the way? Not bothered what pub it is, a "locals" boozer that shows the fitba results and serves a nice pint will do me over the wetherspoon optinos in the Designer Outlet.

Think i'll try grand central, if that fails then the parrifin lamp.

17-10-2014, 09:36 AM
Assuming 'Crazy Hill' is Craigshill? Spend half my working week there, seems like paradise compared to Muirhouse and Pilton etc, never seen a bit bother once :greengrin Take it The Tower isn't a decent option if getting the train from Edinburgh? Bit out the way? Not bothered what pub it is, a "locals" boozer that shows the fitba results and serves a nice pint will do me over the wetherspoon optinos in the Designer Outlet. Think i'll try grand central, if that fails then the parrifin lamp.

Yeah it's Craigshill. I grew up in Livi and can honestly say I've never been in the Parry Lamp. Couldn't tell you what it was like. Not many options unless Livi have a boozer at the stadium that shows the results??

Edit: just checked the official Livi website and they have 2 bars at the ground!

DarrenSQH
17-10-2014, 09:46 AM
Yeah it's Craigshill. I grew up in Livi and can honestly say I've never been in the Parry Lamp. Couldn't tell you what it was like. Not many options unless Livi have a boozer at the stadium that shows the results??

Edit: just checked the official Livi website and they have 2 bars at the ground!

The Bar at their side of the ground is tiny. The size of a normal house living room.

Best option if your driving would be Weatherspoons or Lloyds in the centre. The Parry lamp is in the old centre. Saw a few games in there while I worked in the centre. Never saw any trouble. Its a strange wee place though.

If your getting the Train then Grand Central is perfect and about a 15-20 minute walk away.

17-10-2014, 09:49 AM
On TV so lets pack it out and make a racket :flag:

17-10-2014, 09:50 AM
The Bar at their side of the ground is tiny. The size of a normal house living room. Best option if your driving would be Weatherspoons or Lloyds in the centre. The Parry lamp is in the old centre. Saw a few games in there while I worked in the centre. Never saw any trouble. Its a strange wee place though. If your getting the Train then Grand Central is perfect and about a 15-20 minute walk away.

Will be walking from Howden with my Brother. As I said I grew up in Dedridge and Craigshill so know Livi and surrounding area pretty well. Although it has evolved quite a bit over the years. It's a place I never went to. There used yo be a pub called 'The Local' at Grampian sq but that's now a nursery. Will just wait and see what happens.

Cheers anyway DSQH. :-)

17-10-2014, 09:52 AM
Fwiw I was just on the Lime Kiln Facebook page it it has Sky Sports etc. might try there first.

17-10-2014, 09:56 AM

Parry Lamp is an absolute dive.... However, big enough to accommodate a crowd and more of a pub feel than the two weatherspoons, which are both garbage. Lime Kiln is the restaurant within walking distance of the ground and they have a bar area that they will let you drink in without eating.

Still undecided whether I'm going to take the family along or not.... After shelling out close to £100 for a family of five to watch last weekends guff, I'm a little dejected.... Ach what am I saying, we'll be there lol.

17-10-2014, 09:58 AM
Parry Lamp is an absolute dive.... However, big enough to accommodate a crowd and more of a pub feel than the two weatherspoons, which are both garbage. Lime Kiln is the restaurant within walking distance of the ground and they have a bar area that they will let you drink in without eating. Still undecided whether I'm going to take the family along or not.... After shelling out close to £100 for a family of five to watch last weekends guff, I'm a little dejected.... Ach what am I saying, we'll be there lol.

Hence the reason I never drank in it when I was younger.... Mind you my local was the Tower!! Sure the LK won't be complaining if they are taking in the dosh!! Think that maybe my first port of call

17-10-2014, 10:01 AM
Hence the reason I never drank in it when I was younger.... Mind you my local was the Tower!! Sure the LK won't be complaining if they are taking in the dosh!! Think that maybe my first port of call

Me too buddy, lived in Pinebank for 5 years! :-)

17-10-2014, 10:02 AM
Me too buddy, lived in Pinebank for 5 years! :-) You drank in the Tower or am I reading wrong or you didn't drink in the PL cos it was a dump?? Sorry am I being daft here??

Thought the a Ferns would of been closer?? ;-)

17-10-2014, 10:04 AM
You drank in the Tower or am I reading wrong or you didn't drink in the PL cos it was a dump?? Sorry am I being daft here??

Would frequent the tower.... My local was the prison looking thing in ladywell... Can't remember the name... White building with bars on the windows!? Haha! My pals were in Craigshill so went to Tower.

17-10-2014, 10:05 AM
You drank in the Tower or am I reading wrong or you didn't drink in the PL cos it was a dump?? Sorry am I being daft here??

Thought the a Ferns would of been closer?? ;-)

The ferns... That's the one! Walked in once.... Walked straight back out haha!

17-10-2014, 10:06 AM
Would frequent the tower.... My local was the prison looking thing in ladywell... Can't remember the name... White building with bars on the windows!? Haha! My pals were in Craigshill so went to Tower. Just edited my post and that would be the ferns. Drank in the tower from 86 to 91. Downstairs and the odd occasion upstairs. Roddy Grant and his brother plus loads of others drank upstairs.

17-10-2014, 10:08 AM
Lime kiln has went right downhill , prob best with wether spoons

Green Man
17-10-2014, 10:43 AM
Ah, fond memories of drinking in Livi from the mid 90s onwards, Oscars on a Thursday night when bands were playing and pints were £1, happy days :greengrin

17-10-2014, 01:38 PM
I see there will be a cash gate tomorrow - open from 4.30pm.

17-10-2014, 02:50 PM
Could be an "interesting" afternoon in The Paraffin Lamp if it's the only boozer in the vicinity that shows Soccer Saturday, I phoned Lloyds in the shopping centre and they said it won't be on there.

17-10-2014, 02:51 PM
Fwiw I was just on the Lime Kiln Facebook page it it has Sky Sports etc. might try there first.

Is that the place next to the swimming pool at the top of the hill from the ground.

17-10-2014, 02:52 PM
Is that the place next to the swimming pool at the top of the hill from the ground.

Aye that's the one.

17-10-2014, 02:52 PM
Could be an "interesting" afternoon in The Paraffin Lamp if it's the only boozer in the vicinity that shows Soccer Saturday, I phoned Lloyds in the shopping centre and they said it won't be on there.

Did you try the lime kiln??

17-10-2014, 02:53 PM
Parry Lamp is an absolute dive.... However, big enough to accommodate a crowd and more of a pub feel than the two weatherspoons, which are both garbage. Lime Kiln is the restaurant within walking distance of the ground and they have a bar area that they will let you drink in without eating.

Still undecided whether I'm going to take the family along or not.... After shelling out close to £100 for a family of five to watch last weekends guff, I'm a little dejected.... Ach what am I saying, we'll be there lol.

Sounds like a boozer the yams would drink in. "Tramps" :yw:

17-10-2014, 02:58 PM
Sounds like a boozer the yams would drink in. "Tramps" :yw:

It was back in the day..(or a bit Hun like). That and the lizzie Bryce.

17-10-2014, 03:00 PM
Aye that's the one.

17-10-2014, 03:49 PM
What's tbe parking situation around the ground now? Used to park up near where JJB sports used to be in the outside car park and walk over. Is a oawnt car park now?

17-10-2014, 03:58 PM
What's tbe parking situation around the ground now? Used to park up near where JJB sports used to be in the outside car park and walk over. Is a oawnt car park now?

You can park at the ground in the car park, think they charge £3 but since it's Hibs it will be bumped up to £5 :greengrin

17-10-2014, 04:05 PM
Did you try the lime kiln??

Nah, cannae say that I did.

At The Edge
17-10-2014, 04:06 PM
Billy there is a industrial estate just over the road from the ground, google map Fairbairn rd, the royal mail building is there, loads of free parking, 5minute walk to the ground, 10 mins max to the main centre if you want a beer before/after the match

17-10-2014, 04:15 PM
Nah, cannae say that I did.

;-)

Hibby86
17-10-2014, 05:06 PM
Only 2 places u will get ssn is parri lamp or lime kiln. Also there is a car park just at the roundabout at asda it's council owned but free at the weekends. It's known as the terrace car park. A couple of u could chance the car park at the old blockbusters (now kidseco) only small holds maybe 20 cars but I might let u in there!!!

17-10-2014, 05:06 PM
Will there be wee brats running about all over the place in the Lime Kilns?

DTS
17-10-2014, 05:12 PM

The chances are yes as its main function now is really a reasturant, I'd say your best options are llyods or spoons in the centre but as said already they might not have soccer Saturday on although I've been in spoons before and it's been on, and that's where me and my step dad are heading when I finish work

Hibby86
17-10-2014, 05:14 PM
Spoons won't show any footy or results. Best place for that is the parri lamp it's a real "boozer"

Jay
17-10-2014, 05:15 PM

How could anybody possibly know that? It's a restaurant with a small kids play bit which is about as far away from the bar as you can get. There will quite possibly be kids in the building, whether or not they are brats or if they will be under control of their adult I can't know. :p

17-10-2014, 05:32 PM
If this thread is anything to go by, there should be a big Hibs turnout. Let's hope we get a performance.

EastCalderHibby
17-10-2014, 05:41 PM
It was back in the day..(or a bit Hun like). That and the lizzie Bryce.

lizzie bryce is closed down years ago
has it been confirmed yet about a patg as me and son intend on going
:flag::flag::flag:

17-10-2014, 05:41 PM
How could anybody possibly know that? It's a restaurant with a small kids play bit which is about as far away from the bar as you can get. There will quite possibly be kids in the building, whether or not they are brats or if they will be under control of their adult I can't know. :p

Well, that was a worthy contribution, well worth your effort.

17-10-2014, 05:52 PM
lizzie bryce is closed down years ago
has it been confirmed yet about a patg as me and son intend on going
:flag::flag::flag:

Aye mate, there's cash at the gate.

17-10-2014, 05:53 PM
lizzie bryce is closed down years ago has it been confirmed yet about a patg as me and son intend on going :flag::flag::flag:

Yip know that it was a yam dump any how. Guys (yams) I went to school with ran a yam bus from there.

EastCalderHibby
17-10-2014, 05:54 PM
Aye mate, there's cash at the gate.

cheers mate we will be going then :thumbsup:

EastCalderHibby
17-10-2014, 06:08 PM

sorry mate got to disagree the pl is one of the better pups in the area i used to play in there for east calder darts team and always enjoyed
going there also has 2 pool tables and a bookies just doors away greggs ect what more could you need

EastCalderHibby
17-10-2014, 06:10 PM
Yip know that it was a yam dump any how. Guys (yams) I went to school with ran a yam bus from there.

:agree: :greengrin:greengrin

Jay
17-10-2014, 06:18 PM
Well, that was a worthy contribution, well worth your effort.

Your welcome

17-10-2014, 06:32 PM

Yep, and no doubt be letting of smoke bombs too, kids eh.

17-10-2014, 06:42 PM
has 2 pool tables and a bookies just doors away greggs ect what more could you need

That'll do nicely! :party:

See you in there Mrs S!

Jay
17-10-2014, 06:48 PM
That'll do nicely! :party:

See you in there Mrs S!

Oh I'll not be in the lime kiln! It's notorious for screaming brats, not gonna risk it :p

17-10-2014, 06:51 PM
Oh I'll not be in the lime kiln! It's notorious for screaming brats, not gonna risk it :p

17-10-2014, 07:02 PM

Neither will I.

17-10-2014, 09:08 PM

someone posted earlier that you can park in the asda car park as long as its after 4pm .

17-10-2014, 09:12 PM

There's loads of parking at the stadium but if you can't get a space you'll get one in one of the car parks in the centre, there's a couple multi-storey ones you're guaranteed to get a space in. Spitting distance from the stadium so I wouldn't worry too much about it mate.:aok:

Jay
17-10-2014, 09:20 PM
West lothian college has a decent sized car park, no barriers but don't know if (or why) they would block it off at weekends,

17-10-2014, 10:11 PM
I've got my son this weekend and although he is Rangers (living in the wild west with his mum I can't do anything about it) he LOVES football and living in Livingston I think I could persuade him to go.

Is it all ticket or is there a pay at the gate?

17-10-2014, 10:15 PM
I've got my son this weekend and although he is Rangers (living in the wild west with his mum I can't do anything about it) he LOVES football and living in Livingston I think I could persuade him to go.

Is it all ticket or is there a pay at the gate?

There's pay at the gate, SH. Take the opportunity to show your boy the Hibs way.

17-10-2014, 10:49 PM
Is the game on alba or sky

17-10-2014, 10:55 PM
Is the game on alba or sky

It's alba mate as far as I am aware

17-10-2014, 10:56 PM
It's alba mate as far as I am aware

Nice 1

17-10-2014, 11:10 PM
no barriers but don't know if (or why) they would block it off at weekends,

To keep the brats out.

Stuarty27
18-10-2014, 06:21 AM
**** it, I said last week I santo going back but just can't help myself!!

Another two heading thru...

Green Man
18-10-2014, 09:09 AM
It's looking like a good turnout, my wee brother is heading down, must be over a year since he's been to a Hibs game. I'll be there with the wee man - he'll need to go to bed a bit later than usual but hopefully it'll be worth it :greengrin

18-10-2014, 10:10 AM
Nice autumnal morning viewed from the top deck of the 27 bus at the bottom of Chesser.

18-10-2014, 10:27 AM
Quite oddly its now hosing it down amidst bright sunshine.

itslegaltender
18-10-2014, 03:23 PM
£5 to park your car at the stadium.

18-10-2014, 03:25 PM
£5 to park your car at the stadium.

eh :eek: think i'l find somewhere else to park now then, robbing gits

19-10-2014, 11:15 AM
Anybody else make it to The Paraffin Lamp yesterday? Complete slum but, was quite a good afternoon.

19-10-2014, 11:39 AM
Anybody else make it to The Paraffin Lamp yesterday? Complete slum but, was quite a good afternoon.

Walked in and then straight back oot. Absolute ****hole and has never changed since it opened.

However it's what you make of it so glad you enjoyed yur day H!! :-)

19-10-2014, 11:52 AM

I warned you:greengrin

19-10-2014, 12:07 PM
How many were there yesterday? A decent amount of say like

19-10-2014, 04:18 PM
I warned you:greengrin

Indeed you did. They only had Somersbys cider which is minging, like drinking liquid sugar.

19-10-2014, 04:34 PM
The PATG was a farce. Only two cash turnstiles. Livi steward claimed Hibs told them that would be enough as they weren't exspecting a big support

19-10-2014, 04:37 PM
The PATG was a farce. Only two cash turnstiles. Livi steward claimed Hibs told them that would be enough as they weren't exspecting a big support

I think the Livi steward just made that up to stop Hibs fans moaning at him. It's their ground, they should have done better.

Green Man
19-10-2014, 08:00 PM
I think the Livi steward just made that up to stop Hibs fans moaning at him. It's their ground, they should have done better.

Even if Hibs did request it (which I doubt) Livi should have been able to react to the situation. The police told us they'd asked for another gate to be opened but Livi refused.