PDA

View Full Version : Saturday's Linesman

Tricla
13-10-2014, 06:16 PM
Just been informed that Saturday's linesman is a staunch Saville.

Would make sense.

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-10-2014, 06:27 PM
My mate works in the post office with his old man and was telling me the same thing on Saturday night.

silverhibee
13-10-2014, 06:30 PM
#flareriffic

dangermouse
14-10-2014, 09:18 AM
Just been informed that Saturday's linesman is a staunch Saville.

Would make sense.

If it was the East Stand linesman I know him and your info is correct. However, when it comes to being a match official he takes this seriously and is 100% impartial.

Tricla
14-10-2014, 09:22 AM
If it was the East Stand linesman I know him and your info is correct. However, when it comes to being a match official he takes this seriously and is partially sighted.

Fixed that for you. :wink:

JimBHibees
14-10-2014, 09:30 AM
There does appear to be loads of Yams as football officials maybe Thomson has been grooming a few.

Keith_M
14-10-2014, 09:31 AM
I hope this isn't the beginning of yet another conspiracy theory.

Time For Heroes
14-10-2014, 09:52 AM

How come? What have you heard? :greengrin

dangermouse
14-10-2014, 09:58 AM
Fixed that for you. :wink:

:faf: I'll tell him when I see him tomorrow.

JimBHibees
14-10-2014, 10:08 AM

Why not, its all we've got? :greengrin

Keith_M
14-10-2014, 10:17 AM
Why not, its all we've got? :greengrin

Fairy Nuff

The_Exile
14-10-2014, 10:57 AM
Paranoia. Is this because of the offside decision? It was the correct call as both our lads were offside when the ball was played.

Kato
14-10-2014, 11:19 AM
If it was the East Stand linesman I know him and your info is correct. However, when it comes to being a match official he takes this seriously and is 100% impartial.

Is that what he says? Does he hand pinches of salt to whoever is in earshot?

JimBHibees
14-10-2014, 11:25 AM
Paranoia. Is this because of the offside decision? It was the correct call as both our lads were offside when the ball was played.

Penalty I would assume.

dangermouse
14-10-2014, 12:47 PM
Is that what he says? Does he hand pinches of salt to whoever is in earshot?

He is a good bloke, even if he does follow the dark side :greengrin

speedy_gonzales
14-10-2014, 01:12 PM
Paranoia. Is this because of the offside decision? It was the correct call as both our lads were offside when the ball was played. I personally thought the player furthest away from the lino wasn't offside, the lino held his flag straight out indicating the player committing the offside was in the centre of the park (as opposed to flagging up for far side or down for near side).

heretoday
14-10-2014, 01:16 PM
Unfortunately, the linesman had an ok game. Also the ball wasn't over the line at the penalty. We were right along the byline from it.

We'll have to do better than this.

Pete
14-10-2014, 01:17 PM
The whole of the ball has to over the line so maybe he wasn't 100% sure. These stills don't convince me that it was and I can't say for certain so I can only imagine how hard it would be making a real time decision.

This is all detracting from the real issue anyway. That penalty should have been the difference between a three goal win or a four goal win when you consider the stature of the clubs involved.

AinsterHibs
14-10-2014, 01:19 PM
There does appear to be loads of Yams as football officials maybe Thomson has been grooming a few.

It's in their nature. :greengrin

CockneyRebel
14-10-2014, 01:41 PM
Unfortunately, the linesman had an ok game. Also the ball wasn't over the line at the penalty. We were right along the byline from it.

We'll have to do better than this.

If the ball did not cross the line then why did Ian Murray agree that it was over and also state that his players told him it was over the line - the players were nearer than you!

erin go bragh
14-10-2014, 01:48 PM

Would that be the same linesman that watched when Gray was flattened by a studs first tackle and did nothing . The guy gave us nothing all game and how he could flag for the ball going over the line in the 2nd half when he was further away than us in the FF lower . Fin sick of the bias against us from the majority of officials .

Ggtth

Kato
14-10-2014, 01:59 PM
Would that be the same linesman that watched when Gray was flattened by a studs first tackle and did nothing . The guy gave us nothing all game and how he could flag for the ball going over the line in the 2nd half when he was further away than us in the FF lower . Fin sick of the bias against us from the majority of officials .

Ggtth

C'mon mate he's 100% impartial, especially on his toes when officiating against Hibs otherwise his boss at the SFA would be down on him like a tno of bricks just like all those other officlals who have messed up against Hibs in recent seasons. We all know they were severely punished, publically taken to task and hauled over the coals for their poor decision making/eyesight, not.

100% impartial my left yak. When I meet a Jambo who is 100% impartial regarding anything Hibs hell will indeed freeze over.

One Day
14-10-2014, 02:28 PM
C'mon mate he's 100% impartial, especially on his toes when officiating against Hibs otherwise his boss at the SFA would be down on him like a tno of bricks just like all those other officlals who have messed up against Hibs in recent seasons. We all know they were severely punished, publically taken to task and hauled over the coals for their poor decision making/eyesight, not.

100% impartial my left yak. When I meet a Jambo who is 100% impartial regarding anything Hibs hell will indeed freeze over.

And so say all of us

Pete
14-10-2014, 02:33 PM
If the ball did not cross the line then why did Ian Murray agree that it was over and also state that his players told him it was over the line - the players were nearer than you!

If the guy is right along the byline then he probably had a better view than those who were "closer".

You can never really tell unless you do that 3D, computerised flippy thing that they do on the telly.

dangermouse
14-10-2014, 02:33 PM

Ggtth

I'll ask him. He may have been under instructions only to flag for offside or when the ball went out of play leaving the ref to be the star of the show.

The Gorf
14-10-2014, 02:47 PM
I was at the game but wasn't in a position to see at the time however, I watched the penalty again on STV news and it does seem to have been over the line. Still a sh--te penalty though.
GGTTH

ancient hibee
14-10-2014, 06:12 PM
My impression was that because they thought the action was over both officials had started to turn away and didn't know if he had allowed the ball to go over the line.Bad refereeing but if they didn't see it they couldn't give it.

emerald green
14-10-2014, 06:44 PM

:agree: Totally naïve to think otherwise. That aside, the general standard of refereeing/assistants so far this season has been awful.

This might be me being selective, but have Hibs actually benefitted from any controversial refereeing decisions this season, as opposed to getting the s*** end of the stick? Can anyone remember one? Happy to be reminded.